Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Enjoying the process

Enjoying the process

As per Abe teachings, you will always get a positive result if you enjoy the journey. As a student, how can I enjoy the process?

If you're not enjoying the process, that's your emotional guidance, telling you that you're not really feeling better, which is Abraham's "only one answer."

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Maybe you want to read through this quote-collections, that are all about "the journey" and how we can approach it.

Basically, itīs dropping the very human and sure-fire painful attempt to "get it done"- with the purpose to be "perfect", to prove your worthiness, to achieve something that you "need badly" (!), or whatever icky emotion is behind it.

And instead, to UNCONDITIONALLY smell the flowers that are along your- eternal!- path.

You are always on a JOURNEY!

Abe-quotes about step 5

...I want to add, that step 5 (not being mad at yourself when you are back in step 1) comes naturally, after you have mastered step 4 (meaning, you became really good at balancing yourself in step 3). But that doesnīt mean it wouldnīt be helpful to understand it, even when you have NOT yet become very stable in step 4. Just donīt club yourself over the head EVER (which is not so easy, as long you are mostly in step 1- as this really is step 5)

As a student, how can I enjoy the process?
    in the same way as when you are a master.
    We ALL are always on a journey. You are ALWAYS a novice, in some way.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Abes newest emphasis on meditation and satisfaction is such a perfect answer to your question:

Itīs NEVER going to be "perfect",
    but it will ALWAYS be satisfying.

If you could ever have a manifested moment in time,
    that did not produce more step-1 moments, youīd be finished!

So, you will NEVER have a manifested moment, that doesīnt
    produce more step-1 moments! Ohhhhhhhhh!!!!!
    "Abraham, that means, Iīll never gonna be happy, right???"

NOO!!! It means that you understand, that step-1 is essential
    to the ongoing-ness of that which you are- and you DONīT
    jump to the conclusion, that you failed in creating the "perfect"
    manifestation that solved all things, for ever more!

HS
    (...) So, itīs never gonna be perfect, right?

Abe:
    Weīll go along with that, in fact we say:
    Itīs never going to be PERFECT,
    but itīs always gonna be SATISFYING!

And it CANīT be perfect, because that implies "finished".
    And because youīr eternal, it CANīT be done!
    So, itīs always ongoing.

San Francisco February 04 2017

Quotes about Satisfaction

No time to go to the vortex!

My exam is 20 days away and am mostly OOTV on this aspect of my life. Now I can't go to the park or invest much time in feeling good because I have lots to study. There is a strong just-don't-feel-like-it thing inside me. I know I need to shake it off.

Hey Wellbeing and PoE! Thanks for the advice!

Yes, this is a sticky subject and I overanalyze way too much. It's just an exam but I have made so much out of it. I just need to stop thinking.

Okay!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Okay!
    Haha lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Note: I went ahead and merged your other thread here, as it's really just a continuation of this thread.
    Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by simi_0808 View Post
    Haha lol!
    Really, it's okay! If "feeling good" is this thing that takes SOOOOOOO much of your time then I guess you better not do it. But here's the thing -- you're making "going to the Vortex" into a chore, when all we're saying is that doesn't it make sense to soothe yourself a little bit before you go study rather than plowing into action when you've built up a head of steam about how you don't want to do it this instant? Of course it does. This notion that "I don't have a lot of time to invest in feeling good" is silly and it's just you doing the same thing you're doing about studying -- it's making things into a bigger deal than they are so to justify why you shouldn't have to do them. No one is telling you that you need to spend all day meditating or do nothing but spend all day in the park. To the contrary, we're saying that maybe it makes sense to take 5 minutes to soften this feeling that "I HAVE TO DO THIS THING I REALLY DON'T WANT TO DO THIS INSTANT" before you start to study rather than just jumping into action right away. That's not something that requires you spend all day every day doing things so that you can't possibly study. But if, "OH MY I JUST CAN'T POSSIBLY TAKE EVEN A MOMENT TO FEEL A LITTLE BETTER BECAUSE I HAVE SO MUCH TO STUDY THAT I DON'T EVEN HAVE TIME TO POSTING ON THIS FORUM!" then, by all means, do what you have to do.

Mod Note: I went ahead and merged your other thread here, as it's really just a continuation of this thread.