Thread: New To LOA/Forum/Abraham.. Introduction!!!

New To LOA/Forum/Abraham.. Introduction!!!

Hello everyone my name is Stephanie. As I have stated I am not only new to this forum, but to all thing LOA. What started out as trying to figure out how to win the lottery has turned into so much more. My goals are so much higher now than what they were when they started out. Now my goal is JOY!!! It is getting into vibrational sync with my IB and the Source.

So how did I hear about LOA? Well that in of itself is an interesting story. About 2 months ago I had a dream. I had dreamt that I won the Powerball Jackpot. Now I am not a big lottery player (until recently) meaning I only really played when the Jackpot was astronomically big. I think before this I played once in my entire life and that was when the Jackpot was $1.5 billion. Other than that I have never kept up with what the Jackpot was or anything about the lottery. So I have this dream and it is a very vivid dream that stuck with me all through the next day. So I went out and bought a ticket. I didn't win and so I was like oh well it was just a dream. So I am going about life and then a couple of days later I had another dream. That dream was also so very vivid and the basis of the dream was the same, although some details did change. So with the feeling of I was meant to win the lottery sticking with me I decided to do a search. "How to win the lottery" and near the top of the search page was how to win the lottery using the LOA and so I clicked on it and then something kind of stood out to me. So as I was reading I remember that in a Psychology class that I had taken we had a class discussion on this. So I was reading and in the article it talked about "The Secret" So I bought the book and I read that. I had the uncontrollable desire to learn more so I joined a message board. As I was asking questions someone had referred AAIIG to me. As money was tight I couldn't just rush out to buy it so some else had said hey go to "YouTube" and watch Abrahams videos and so I did. The more I watched the more I wanted to learn. By this point I had started to meditate and get comfortable with myself and feelings of "feeling good". The more I wanted not only AAIIG, but all of the LOA series. The more I learned and the more I heard or read the less it came about winning the lottery (although I will win the lottery) to the more it came about what I was learning. Now my goal is to feel good in the now, to feel joy in the now, to feel abundance and well being in the now. Now it is about being one with the Source and my IB. It's about what they are trying to get us to remember and getting into alignment than it is about manifesting or even winning the lottery. Now it is about the bigger picture. Manifesting and winning the lottery is just a happy bystander of getting into alignment with the source.

Today I was able to go out and buy my copy of AAIIG and I am on chapter 6 and I can't remember the last time I read something and have felt so much joy and just overall happiness of what I was reading/learning. I have always been a reader. I was once told that I am a vivid reader. I can't wait to learn all that there is to learn, but more importantly I can't wait to start applying what I am learning to my life so I can achieve all the joy and happiness that I was meant to achieve.

So far my favorite part of AAIIG is:

"it is our desire that you become one who is happy with that which you are and with that which you have--while at the same time being eager for more. That is the optimal creative vantage point: To stand on the brink of what is coming, feeling eager, optimistic anticipate--with no feeling of impatience, doubt, or unworthiness hindering the receiving of it--that is the Science of Deliberate Creation at its best." (pg. 18-19)

When I read that I just smiled, more than that I smiled deep with in me, I felt that joy down to my core. I felt the intense urge to stop reading at that point and meditate. I know that I have a long journey ahead of me on getting into alignment, but I know that the best road on that journey is one that is one of joy.

So with that last bit of ramblings I sign off on my introduction
    Stephanie

Welcome to the Forum, Stephy79!

You might be interested in joining our Ask and it is Given book study through March 2017 thread. They've started but you can easily catch up.

I was already planning on doing that as I have been reading the thread as I knew I was going to get that book. Thank you for the suggestion.

Stephanie