Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Meditation question

Meditation question

Hello Abers,

Four weeks ago, after listening to an Abraham YouTube clip about meditation, I felt the inspiration to develop the daily habit. I have meditated before, experimenting with different apps (including Abraham's), but also had many gaps of sometimes several months with no meditating. I am not worried about that or anything, just to describe how often I have practised it up till now

About five years ago something changed. Suddenly I felt my head started moving, extremely slowly in the beginning, let's say the first session. I can't say it didn't freak me out a little bit, but I stuck with it, because the movement itself didn't feel bad. After a while I started noticing patterns, very often nodding, sometimes a figure-8 or 'infinity shape' with my nose, but overall just gentle movements. Then after a while I would have sessions when the movements would be very intense, shaking my head and even rocking back and forth. I still had no idea what it was, but I got familiar with the feeling of something 'taking over' so I just let it happen.

Anyway, it was not a big deal, it actually felt very relieving. After a few months, I stopped meditation for a while and forgot about it. Now that I'm back with my daily sit, the movements have come back again, this time in very varying degrees (both gentle and intense).

I would really like to know what is happening. I suppose it is energy flowing, but I don't know if it serves a purpose, or if that tells me something about my alignment. I can't find any explanation coming from Abraham (yet), so I thought I'd try my luck on here Has anyone experienced this?

x

You create your own reality. You get to decide what it means for you.

You say you haven't heard any explanation from Abraham. Then I'd suggest you give a (re-?)read of AAIIG* (and in the other books), paying particular attention to the story of how J&E met Abraham. Besides, that'd give you a good excuse to (re-?)read that valuable book.

*You can find a translation of the acronyms and abbreviations that we commonly use here on the Forum in our Glossary.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    You create your own reality. You get to decide what it means for you.

You say you haven't heard any explanation from Abraham. Then I'd suggest you give a (re-?)read of AAIIG* (and in the other books), paying particular attention to the story of how J&E met Abraham. Besides, that'd give you a good excuse to (re-?)read that valuable book.

*You can find a translation of the acronyms and abbreviations that we commonly use here on the Forum in our Glossary.

Hi WellBeing thanks for your reply! Yes that IS a good excuse to read the book again. I am familiar with Jerry and Esther's story, but I have forgotten about the details. Perhaps the experience is similar.

I am probably still having that "am I doing this right?" perspective, need for approval, comparing with others, etc.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Not wanting to distract you from reading the book, but here a spoiler-alert:

Esther really experienced very much the same as you- Abe started to write the alphabet with her nose in the beginning of her "channeling career". It was source, wanting to get her attention for a connection and interaction, that was much more specific than just the very general peace of meditation.

Listen to what comes (instead of trying to breathe sources communication away- as Esther did,
    because she wanted to meditate "properly", in the beginning).
    Follow your joyful impulses, just as Abe advice in the segment below!

Rather than talking TO your Inner Being,
    listen FOR your Inner Being.

So don't call it so much a dialog, because the back and forth
    will trip you up at first.
    So, not so much a dialog as a tuning in and reaching
    for the perspective of your Inner Being.
    So the attitude, what do you think about this? (to your IB)

Start it off that way, What do you think about that?
    And just enjoy the thoughts wafting into your mind,
    because you are at the place where you are now able to start
    translating that vibration into thought. Just let it flow.
    But if you try to talk back, you'll mess up the flow -so, just listen.

The best time to do it is when you are lying in bed,
    getting ready to go to sleep or even better when you just wake up.
    And best of all, when you wake up in the middle of the night,
    just lie there and listen.
    Sort of a oneway dialog for a while. Just for a little while.

And then before you know it, the dialog is more than just
    thoughts and words - it's impressions and impulses.
    It's expanded emotion. Its appreciation for something
    that you are seeing that is just turning you inside out.

Its increasing your capacity to realize the perfection
    of this moment in time. So its more than a verbal dialog
    or conversation, its like an allowing of Who You Really Are
    to be present in this moment of time.

(snip) When am impulse comes to you follow it...
    Its what Source sees as the next logical step for the
    joyful unfolding that you are about.

From Phoenix 08/29/15

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post

Listen to what comes (instead of trying to breathe sources communication away- as Esther did,
    because she wanted to meditate "properly", in the beginning).
    Follow your joyful impulses, just as Abe advice in the segment below!

Rather than talking TO your Inner Being,
    listen FOR your Inner Being.

So don't call it so much a dialog, because the back and forth
    will trip you up at first.
    So, not so much a dialog as a tuning in and reaching
    for the perspective of your Inner Being.
    So the attitude, what do you think about this? (to your IB)

Start it off that way, What do you think about that?
    And just enjoy the thoughts wafting into your mind,
    because you are at the place where you are now able to start
    translating that vibration into thought. Just let it flow.
    But if you try to talk back, you'll mess up the flow -so, just listen.

The best time to do it is when you are lying in bed,
    getting ready to go to sleep or even better when you just wake up.
    And best of all, when you wake up in the middle of the night,
    just lie there and listen.
    Sort of a oneway dialog for a while. Just for a little while.

And then before you know it, the dialog is more than just
    thoughts and words - it's impressions and impulses.
    It's expanded emotion. Its appreciation for something
    that you are seeing that is just turning you inside out.

Its increasing your capacity to realize the perfection
    of this moment in time. So its more than a verbal dialog
    or conversation, its like an allowing of Who You Really Are
    to be present in this moment of time.

(snip) When am impulse comes to you follow it...
    Its what Source sees as the next logical step for the
    joyful unfolding that you are about.

From Phoenix 08/29/15

Nice to read that quote, thanks for sharing it, Paradise-on-earth

I 'listened for' something during meditation last night. Apart from the good feeling coming from the breathing and the release in my neck, I was not aware of a 'message'. But maybe the message was just that, purely a vibration / a feeling.

This is what makes me think Esther's experience had more of a purpose, and my experience differs from hers. Yesterday I read about Jerry and Esther speaking to Theo (had forgotten about that!) before they started meditating. After that experience, Esther decided she wanted to know who her spiritual guide was. And then the movements (and Abraham's message) gradually came.

For me, I never had this intention, I just meditate to release resistance. As long as that is achieved, there is no issue, but I had not expected it to take this form! I have to say that trains of thought still start in my mind, even with my head moving around. It just looks like my body gets into it, and my mind just observes it happening (and still does other things). I am getting better at letting those thoughts go, but they don't interfere with the movements.

Besides from your aware intention, there is always so much more in our Vortex.
    Esther was not really intending to become a medium, either. Abe point out often that Esther even would have made sure to NOT do something so "weird" if she had known where this would go.

Abe explain that source is very interested in an aware form of interaction between us and our nonphysical counterparts. In this "time of awakening" they have a big emphasis on us becoming aware of who we really are, in this way- and your experiences match the attempts with which source "asks" for our awareness that Abe describe, exactly.

Here is a whole quote-collection about that.
    Quotes about the specific, daily co-creation with nonphysical artists/mentors/knowers

Working WITH source is the next step!

HS feels that now, after manifestation is flowing in "big time", he feels that
    something new has to start.

Abe:
    A lot of you realize this now... at first, as you began exploring the idea
    of deliberate creation, you were contemplating it primarily as how you
    related to the world around you. And so, the world around you was
    inspiring you with ideas, and you were lining up with these ideas and
    accomplished them.

And NOW whatīs beginning to happen to you, you are beginning-
    aww, hear it now!! -You are beginning to feel from the alignment with
    the source, within you, with all those who have gone before- with the
    Abrahams and the Jerrys, all of those who have gone before you
    relative to all subjects that are important to you- you are beginning-
    because of your alignment with them!-

you are beginning to feel the inspirations and impulses from THEIR
    point of view. IOW, thats whatīs coming next for you!

Co-creating at itīs best, you see!
    Until just now (...) what most of you have been thinking about
    deliberate creation is that you were here still, to figure out how to
    do it. So, that someone else could review what you are doing (...).
    And what NOW begins for you, in the recognicing of the cocreation
    there,
    is this MERGING.

You have never been here alone!
    (...Abe are explaining that all ideas are of extreme value, nothing is out of value
    one bit... but now...)

...You are rendezvousing with that broader part of
    you which also has ideas.
    THAT is when you begin to do your soul-intended
    work. That is when you really begin to fulfill your
    purpose-for-being-work.

SF, February ī12

Helpful, as ever, POE, thank you!

After sitting in meditation with this new perspective for a few days, it just feels very good to think of it as communication with Source or my IB. Better than thinking it is 'merely' a by-product of energy flow.

So awesome to have a forum with like-minded people !!

I have been experiencing similar things the last few weeks, and in the last few days I have begun channeling some non-physical entities (including, I believe Abraham). So yes, that is what is happening to you. If you are in a high flying place, you might ask them to start speaking through, and to you.

That is what I found most helpful. It sounded like 'Please speak through me.' Then my mouth would open and words would come out like 'Yes! We are Abraham' (or some other entities I won't mention since these are not their boards.) And then I would speak out loud and ask a question, and they would speak out loud, and so on. It was difficult to stay in the state at first, but is becoming easier. I am a long way from being able to channel for hours and hours as Ester does! But after a while, I found it sufficient to simply think the question, and the answer would come in thought.

Hope that helps you! It is a very delicious and exciting process!

Jo, Iīm glad! And this interaction is such a deep and meaningful experience, isnīt it!

thwinters, so good to "see" you again!
    And what a wonderful experience. I experience very similar things, as well.

For those who are interested in channeling especially (Abe say we do it all the time anyway, but rarely deliberately while this is SUCH fun) here is another quote-collection

Quotes about channeling source, as Esther does

Yes, I think we can not help but do it once we are in alignment. You know, back in the day when I first started learning LOA, I believed that we lived inside a computer simulation. And I thought, if that is the case, why do we not hear from God? But then I found Abraham, and I heard 'love love love, joy joy joy, abundance, abundance, abundance...' And I thought, what would hearing from God today sound like? Sounds like a match to me.

Thought today I would describe it as a vibrational match.