Thread: Started small to build momentum

Started small to build momentum

The other day, I was walking home from work and decided to play a game with myself. I picked out a couple of things I don't have any real resistance to to see if they'd manifest into my experience. I was feeling good, enjoying my talk and appreciating my surroundings. I started with "cow". I live in LA, so it's not very common (at all) to see cows. I walked for a little bit and obviously didn't see one. I decided to focus on what I liked about cows. Their spots, how sweet they are to humans, and how cute they are when they're babies. On a whim, I looked up. Above me, on someone's apartment porch, was a cow-shaped planter with lush green plants growing out of the top. Feeling encouraged, I did this again, but with a whale. Within a few minutes, I noticed a stained glass ornament of a whale in someone's window. Feeling REALLY good now, I decided I would play with a small dollar amount that I could believe in coming to me. I chose $5. I thought maybe I'd find a $5 on the ground, or maybe I'd find a gift certificate. Nothing came. So, i decided to let it go and focus on the general feeling of what it'd be like to have an extra few bucks and just left it at that. A couple of hours later, my fiance got home and told me he got a raise! Totally unexpected, he's only been at his job for a month. It wasn't exactly $5, but it was way better! Going general and letting go of needing to know exactly how I'd find my extra bucks opened me up to something much better.

Gotta love it

Quote Originally Posted by BeachQueen View Post
    Going general and letting go of needing to know exactly how I'd find my extra bucks opened me up to something much better.
    Glad to hear your success story. Sometimes just going general makes you just feel better throughout the day & allows the "bigger stuff" to come as well.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Beach Queen- ...and MORE is coming!

Welcome to Forum also!

(Rich King, good to "see" you!! )

I like this story a lot, but I think I'm most excited about the cow.

Thank you! Glad to be here and participating after so many years of just reading the threads and rooting everyone on from afar!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosalicious View Post
    I like this story a lot, but I think I'm most excited about the cow.
    I WAS TOO! I couldn't believe it at first. I did like, a triple take at that planter. On a somewhat related note, a few days later I was walking home from work on my birthday on that same street I made perfect eye contact with a full-grown pig that was apparently someone's pet and was standing behind their screen door inside their house. IN LOS ANGELES! I was so excited and so happy that I had that weird moment with that pig that I swear it kept me in the vortex for like... days. It was like the universe's funny little birthday gift to me on what was an otherwise pretty average day. It was amazing.

BeachQueen: nice shifting!

Reminds me of a weekend I had when I had some job major ontrast. I decided to spend July 4th with a girlfriend near Boston. She lived in an exclusive New England coastal town and I was feeling OOV about work. I wanted a sign from my IB that all was well. Ganesh, the Hindu elephant god is my lucky charm. We walked down the street of this quaint little town and right in front of me was a sign that said: "Ganesh Gallery"! OMG...in the middle of no where! Not only that, when I went inside, there was a painting of butterflies...my animal totem and another good luck talisman. You can't make this stuff up...LOL.

Lol, this puts a whole new spin on "when pigs fly"

I tried this with "cow" today and thought of how cute cows are, their sweet faces and big wet noses, the different types and colors and drove past a gas station and saw a "Red Bull" truck parked, delivering Red Bull products. Close enough!