Thread: My knee-jerk reactions to my "someone's​"

My knee-jerk reactions to my "someone's​"

I felt so much relief from the previous response from Well Being I wanted to get more.

I've felt some level of frustration recently over the emotional lability I'm perceiving. I've been working on hitting that high flying disc and have often been there and feeling really, really, good and then someone does or says something and I feel like I come crashing down.

Does that mean I wasn't really where I thought I was to begin with? Why or how can I go so quickly from feeling so good to so bummed out so fast?

What do you think is really going on?

Again I sincerely appreciated your last response Well Being as it was so well thought out and helpful. I appreciated the time it must have taken you to do that.

Waiting with excited anticipation of more insights to come

Quote Originally Posted by clg12225 View Post
    ...then someone does or says something and I feel like I come crashing down.

Does that mean I wasn't really where I thought I was to begin with?
    It's really up to you to pay attention to what you're doing as you're having your emotional guidance of Frustration. There could be any number of reasons and this reasons probably change when you're in different circumstances or with different people. That's why Abe use that big, broad phrase, “the thing that you do,” when they talk about it. And they go on to say that our “thing that [we] do” varies and is usually really “thingS” that we do. We can only listen to what you tell us. OTOH, you have front row seats to what you're doing and when.

There might be a piece of you still getting more skilled at identifying where you are on the Scale. But it sounds to me like you're having some knee-jerk reactions, which you'd already recognized in your previous thread. If this “someone” is your husband, you still have some habits of thoughts which you are now telling us don't serve you as well as you'd like. That's good for you to know. How will you start to soothe and shift these habits of thoughts? Abraham teach us to find thoughts which still seem true to you yet which feel better. It's easier to do this in advance of encountering our “someone's.” When they're in our face, we've already been practicing some momentum which manifested them in our face in the first place. There's not a lot vibrationally that we can do in the face of that momentum. In most cases, our momentum is going to unfold along the trajectory we had created for ourselves.

But that's a good time for “data collection,” as Abe call it. You can use your vantage point of your front row seats to see the thing(s) that you do (not what your “someone” is doing; you haven't leverage there). Later on, when they're no longer in your face, you can do your “work" on the thoughts that you'd collected.

Why or how can I go so quickly from feeling so good to so bummed out so fast?
    That's the power of momentum. Abraham teasingly describe us as “falling out of the airplane without a parachute.” In those moments, Abraham lightly offer this soothing advice: “Hang on. It'll be over soon.” IOW, that's not the time to do any vibrationally “work.” In this moments, when we're falling out of the airplane and attempting to do our “work” at that time, I like to say that we're like Wile E. Coyote after he's run off the cliff, trying to scramble our way back into the 'plane. Be smarter than Wile E. Coyote. (It's not hard.)

Let the momentum play itself out. Collect your data as your momentum plays out. Later on, when you're no longer in free all, do your vibrationally “work,” so that you're more likely to set into motion a momentum that you prefer.

Moderator's note: I've edited the title of your thread to focus more clearly on the topic you're wanting to discuss.

I LOVE the Coyote visual! Believe it or not this wasn't about my husband. It's about several people that are more peripheral to me, not my inner circle so-to-speak.
    I think I've had so much "stuff" to do and remember lately. The to do list has felt infinitely long lately and maybe I'm bucking that and it's feeling bumpier than I'd like. I think I have felt like my energy is a bit scattered if that makes sense, like I need to recharge.
    Maybe it's the irritated-I-haven't-had-enough-free-time vibe that's bringing more reasons to be irritated. I noticed it was happening but hadn't really gotten my head around the idea of momentum and why I was swinging back and forth so often and so widely.
    It does help to see it that way. Thanks so much!

It's about several people that are more peripheral to me, not my inner circle so-to-speak.
    Great! Because it's about “several people,” you can see more clearly that the “thing you do”-ness about this. This will make it easier for you see what your “thing(s) that you do are.” The good news is that it's very likely that your “thing(s)” will be common in many of these situations. I call this good news because as you start to address your “thing(s)” in one situations, you'll be “working” on all the situations at the same time, even if it might not seem like it to you.

I think I've had so much "stuff" to do and remember lately. The to do list has felt infinitely long lately and maybe I'm bucking that and it's feeling bumpier than I'd like. I think I have felt like my energy is a bit scattered if that makes sense, like I need to recharge.
    I understand that and it's common amongst us action-oriented humans. This is why Abraham included Overwhelment on the Scale.

So, here's some more good news for you: the reason why you're feeling your Overwhelment isn't because of the number of your tasks or responsibilities. That's a non-Aber way of looking at things. Abraham reminds us that the reason we feel our Overwhelment is because we're thinking our resistant thoughts about the thing ngs we want to do.

I call this “good news” because it was the way the non-Abers say, then the only way we'd be able to find relief from our Overwhelment would be to accomplish all our tasks or responsibilities. The thing is (and I know you will understand this when I say it) in our moments of Overwhelment, we don't think we can accomplish all our tasks. That's one of our resistant thoughts with which we're creating our Overwhelment.

Maybe it's the irritated-I-haven't-had-enough-free-time vibe that's bringing more reasons to be irritated.
    That's what the LoA does.

But another piece of this is that you're also practicing a number of thoughts which are creating these experiences for you. You started off practicing thoughts about your someone's and now you're practicing thoughts about your responsibilities and about you. Each one of these thoughts probably don't feelbetter.” That's your guidance, letting you know in all these cases that you're practicing a momentum that you don't want.

Thanks for the response! I can feel what you're saying.

Also, I just had to share this with you- I was reading with my son and this was one of the lines in the book we're reading:
    "The words seemed to hang in the air for a moment, like a cartoon coyote about to fall off a cliff...".
    I thought this was very much like Esther's blue glass, butterflies and feathers. I had so loved the analogy you sent and loved seeing this.

Sometimes it's really nice to have someone outside the situation who has a more objective perspective to assist in seeing these patterns of thought.

Thanks so much!!!