Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: How should I proceed?

Quote Originally Posted by VVakeUp View Post
    I might nitpick here, but as I remember, there is not any "no" in LOA? Thinking about how I don't hit cars, actually make me focus on hitting them?
    Then focus on the "missing cars" that Marc mentioned in the passage you quoted.

Hey guys.

Last couple of days, since Marcs last reply, have been really groundbreaking for me. I think I finally have a handle on this. When I asked you all these questions it felt like I was trying to make a painting, but I didn't know how to hold the paintingbrush properly. But now it feels like I really got the method in place and the only thing left is to train to be able to paint beautiful things.

THANK YOU!

Hey all,

There are some stuff I need to clarify once again, since I feel like I am stuck in a loop right now.

After Marcs last reply where he explained the San Diego - Phoenix I really started to understand and be able to apply feeling my way to better thoughts. Approximately at the same time I started to aswell read the book "The astonishing power of emotions", that gave me an even deeper understanding and training of feeling my thoughts.
    For several days, I think I was in a mode Abraham refers to as "the receptive mode". Everything I wanted to buy was on discounts, traffic lights changed in my favour, several times when I asked a question in my head about how to solve a situation it solved itself within a matter of 1 minute, I think you get it.

I really understood that whatever happens it's about finding positive aspects of that situation. Whatever happened I just felt my way to a better thought. I felt invincible, even without all my "big" manifestations I am waiting for (a new car, a pile of money, a magic lamp that will grant all my wishes LOL ), because now I knew, I could FEEL that I have the power through my mind and the stuff will come sooner or later, no matter if it will be in 1 day, 1 month or 10 years.

I am right now re-reading AAIG, since I know that this is a book that will give me something new every time I read it.
    Though, I still cannot say that I have full control over this, even though I understand the mechanics.

I start all my days with meditation for 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes have passed, I ask myself for severals seconds "What feeling am I after allowing today? How wonderful day would I like to have today?".
    And sometimes it gives me a really good feeling and a good start for my day, but sometimes, the exact same ritual give me a feeling of anxiety. And often, when I get this feeling of anxiety, it seems that I get into something I would call "resistance mode", which is exactly opposite of the receptive mode I described earlier. I miss buses, I forget stuff so I have to run back 2 times, the timing of all things are all the times against me. And I have such a hard time to then go back to better feeling thoughts.
    In this case, I really am aware of that my goal should be feeling better. And that's what it always is when I get in to this kind situation. I don't want to change the circumstances, I don't want a new car, I just want to find better feeling thoughts, but it seems so hard, I even tried to do process 19 from AAIG, where I should remember good stuff to get good feelings, but the bad feeling thoughts always seems to come back (pretty fast actually) and I am back in the negative momentum. Latest couple of days have been like that, I've been surrounded by circumstances I rather would like to be different and it's been nearly impossible for me to find any BFT, since they just bounce back to feelings that doesn't feel so good, I guess from observing the circumstances. Though, even if I think BTF for 15 mins while driving, I still end up extremely easily going back to WFT. It just feels like being back on trying to get from San Diego to Phoenix, even though I try to take baby steps.
    Why does it seem that it is so easy for "bad" thoughts to take over me, but the BFT it seems like I need to make some kind of effort (habit of thought I guess?). Abraham writes in AAIG that it is of value when you start to see the connection between the thoughts you are thinking and what happens and I can really see it here - though, it doesn't make me feel any better.

I start all my days with meditation for 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes have passed, I ask myself for severals seconds "What feeling am I after allowing today? How wonderful day would I like to have today?".
    That's a very good way to start your day.
    And sometimes it gives me a really good feeling and a good start for my day, but sometimes, the exact same ritual give me a feeling of anxiety.
    That's okay, it takes some practice to quiet your mind with meditation, especially at first. With pretty much all things, you'll get better as you practice.
    And often, when I get this feeling of anxiety, it seems that I get into something I would call "resistance mode", which is exactly opposite of the receptive mode I described earlier. I miss buses, I forget stuff so I have to run back 2 times, the timing of all things are all the times against me.
    That's exactly what it is. You're seeing how your experience differs depending on your alignment. Even if those off days aren't fun, isn't it good to recognize that you're able to get into a good feeling place much of the time? And isn't it good to understand that how you feel impacts your experience? And isn't it encouraging to know that the more you practice what you're doing, the better you'll get at it?

But here's the other side of the coin: Isn't it okay to have days that aren't "wonderful?" Is it necessary for you to try really hard to get it right when you're not really in the emotional/vibrational place to feel "wonderful?" Or can you learn to lighten up on yourself when you're not feeling the way you want? After all, isn't trying really hard to get it right and feeding into your feeling of anxiety the same habit of thought that doesn't feel good when you're talking about driving? When we talk about making peace with where you are, we're suggesting that you learn to relax and soothe yourself instead of making "resistance mode" worse.
    And I have such a hard time to then go back to better feeling thoughts.
    Of course it's going to be hard to reach for thoughts that feel better once you've gotten a lot of momentum going. When that happens, just muddle through the best you can and then take a nap or get off the subject when you can.
    In this case, I really am aware of that my goal should be feeling better. And that's what it always is when I get in to this kind situation. I don't want to change the circumstances, I don't want a new car, I just want to find better feeling thoughts, but it seems so hard, I even tried to do process 19 from AAIG, where I should remember good stuff to get good feelings, but the bad feeling thoughts always seems to come back (pretty fast actually) and I am back in the negative momentum.
    When you're used to feeling bad, it's understandable that you're not going to be able to sustain feeling GOOD for long. But you certainly can feel a little BETTER. Keep in mind that BETTER often means "less bad." When you're used to feeling bad, it's so much easier to just lean in a direction that feels a little less bad than it is to try to jump all the way to feeling GOOD.
    Latest couple of days have been like that, I've been surrounded by circumstances I rather would like to be different and it's been nearly impossible for me to find any BFT, since they just bounce back to feelings that doesn't feel so good, I guess from observing the circumstances. Though, even if I think BTF for 15 mins while driving, I still end up extremely easily going back to WFT. It just feels like being back on trying to get from San Diego to Phoenix, even though I try to take baby steps.
    So part of the issue you're running into is that if you wait until you're driving to do the work, it's too late. Every manifestation is the culmination of the vibration you've been practicing. That means you've got momentum going by the time you get to that manifestation. As we're talking about cars, Abraham describes it as being like taking your car to the top of a tall hill, putting it into neutral, and nudging it forward so that it starts to move forward down the hill. You could stop it with your body if you do it quickly, before the car gets much momentum. Once it's rolling down the hill, though, if you try to jump in front of the car to stop it, it's going to flatten you. That's what you're describing. You're waiting until the car is rolling down the hill at full speed and then trying to stop it. That's not going to work.

The trick is to do the work when you're not surrounded by the circumstances. Don't wait until you're driving and feeling anxiety to reach for BFT. Practice feeling BETTER about driving when you're not driving. As you're able to find better feelings about driving, or any other subject, and you practice that feeling, you're literally setting the emotional energy that's forming the improved experiences you're reaching for.

Surely you've watched an actor or musician perform, whether it's on TV or at the movies or at a concert. You understand that if they wait until they're on stage or in front of the camera before they read the script or the sheet music, things aren't going to go very well for them. Rather, by the time you see them perform, they've practiced what they're performing until it's natural for them. That's what we're talking about here -- don't expect yourself to perform something new when you walk on stage (ie, when you get to a manifestation), because you're not going be very successful. Do your practice ahead of time.
    Why does it seem that it is so easy for "bad" thoughts to take over me, but the BFT it seems like I need to make some kind of effort (habit of thought I guess?).
    You got it. Without meaning to, you've practiced the way you feel on those topics and it takes some time and focus to get used to something else. It's not "effort" that you're having to make, it's PRACTICE.
    Abraham writes in AAIG that it is of value when you start to see the connection between the thoughts you are thinking and what happens and I can really see it here - though, it doesn't make me feel any better.
    When you're in the middle of feeling bad, it makes sense that it's not much comfort. As you discover that you really do have the ability to shift the way you feel, even just a little bit, that's when you start to understand your freedom and your power because you'll see that you really can start to shape your experience.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post

That's exactly what it is. You're seeing how your experience differs depending on your alignment. Even if those off days aren't fun, isn't it good to recognize that you're able to get into a good feeling place much of the time? And isn't it good to understand that how you feel impacts your experience? And isn't it encouraging to know that the more you practice what you're doing, the better you'll get at it?
    Yes, yes of course it is! In fact, after reading "The astonishing power of emotions", every time I felt a negative emotions I thought for myself "This is so good, because this means that my emotional guidance system works!" and I felt instantly better, because I realized that it actually IS good, since it made me aware of the guidance system.

But here's the other side of the coin: Isn't it okay to have days that aren't "wonderful?" Is it necessary for you to try really hard to get it right when you're not really in the emotional/vibrational place to feel "wonderful?" Or can you learn to lighten up on yourself when you're not feeling the way you want? After all, isn't trying really hard to get it right and feeding into your feeling of anxiety the same habit of thought that doesn't feel good when you're talking about driving? When we talk about making peace with where you are, we're suggesting that you learn to relax and soothe yourself instead of making "resistance mode" worse.
    I see exactly what you're after here, but the helplessness makes me question if I am really in control here if I cannot get out of the negative momentum (and I know I am in control, but just not in situations like these).

Of course it's going to be hard to reach for thoughts that feel better once you've gotten a lot of momentum going. When that happens, just muddle through the best you can and then take a nap or get off the subject when you can.
    And I've tried that, but when I re-activate the subjects it feels like I am "checking" the emotion, and then end up in the same vibration as before.

When you're used to feeling bad, it's understandable that you're not going to be able to sustain feeling GOOD for long. But you certainly can feel a little BETTER. Keep in mind that BETTER often means "less bad." When you're used to feeling bad, it's so much easier to just lean in a direction that feels a little less bad than it is to try to jump all the way to feeling GOOD.

The trick is to do the work when you're not surrounded by the circumstances. Don't wait until you're driving and feeling anxiety to reach for BFT. Practice feeling BETTER about driving when you're not driving. As you're able to find better feelings about driving, or any other subject, and you practice that feeling, you're literally setting the emotional energy that's forming the improved experiences you're reaching for.
    That's not the case here. I've actually solved the driving situation (with your help!). I know that looking at a situation that I don't like and trying to change the vibration isn't going to get me anywhere (at least for now), and that was actually not was I was doing.

Last couple of days I've just had a lot to do and I've felt, just as I described before, a feeling of anxiety. Basically any subject I focused upon I felt a feeling on anxiety, even when I did not focus on anything in particular I felt some a kind of negative emotion (this often happens if I after meditating get in the negative flow). Then I often try to use my car rides to try to get up the positive momentum - for example remembering the moments when I read your posts and get feelings of clarification, or moments where I manifested stuff with my focus and try to imagine myself happy for these stuff. And it feels really good, but, just as I wrote in my previous post, my emotional state pretty fast goes back to the feeling of anxiety that I cannot really tell where it's coming from. Then, even Pivoting or thinking that this actually means that my guidance system works just makes me feel even worse.

Thank you for your answers Marc!

I know you were replying to Marc here but I feel inspired to chime in here for a moment.

I see exactly what you're after here, but the helplessness makes me question if I am really in control here if I cannot get out of the negative momentum (and I know I am in control, but just not in situations like these).
    Can you make the distinction between "helplessness" and "having control whilst you are still learning how to master that control so that you can use the control that you DO have in more situations and under more circumstances"? Those are two very different things, aren't they?

Yes, yes of course it is! In fact, after reading "The astonishing power of emotions", every time I felt a negative emotions I thought for myself "This is so good, because this means that my emotional guidance system works!" and I felt instantly better, because I realized that it actually IS good, since it made me aware of the guidance system.
    Great.

Again, you don't try to assert control when you're IN the situation because of the momentum that's already going. Rather, you do the best you can in the moment, dust yourself off and when you've regained your balance, then you can do some work.

And I've tried that, but when I re-activate the subjects it feels like I am "checking" the emotion, and then end up in the same vibration as before.
    Well, every subject is where you last left it, so yes you're going to re-activate it where you left it in terms of vibration, BUT NOT IN TERMS OF MOMENTUM.

That's not the case here. I've actually solved the driving situation (with your help!). I know that looking at a situation that I don't like and trying to change the vibration isn't going to get me anywhere (at least for now), and that was actually not was I was doing.
    Explain what you mean by that, because I don't understand what's going on. Everything you experience is a result of the vibration you've been practicing, so shifting the vibration is always the answer.
    Last couple of days I've just had a lot to do and I've felt, just as I described before, a feeling of anxiety. Basically any subject I focused upon I felt a feeling on anxiety, even when I did not focus on anything in particular I felt some a kind of negative emotion (this often happens if I after meditating get in the negative flow). Then I often try to use my car rides to try to get up the positive momentum - for example remembering the moments when I read your posts and get feelings of clarification, or moments where I manifested stuff with my focus and try to imagine myself happy for these stuff. And it feels really good, but, just as I wrote in my previous post, my emotional state pretty fast goes back to the feeling of anxiety that I cannot really tell where it's coming from. Then, even Pivoting or thinking that this actually means that my guidance system works just makes me feel even worse.
    The issue is that you're trying to jump all the way to POSITIVE momentum when you've got strong NEGATIVE emotion and LOA won't let you make that jump. That's what I wrote about in my last post. Abraham describes exactly what I mean:

"What goes wrong for most is that they try to make too big of a jump, and when they don't make the jump, they lose their sense of being able to move at all. And then they're just sort of lost out there in the desert again. Yes. Gradual is so much better!"

-Phoenix, 3/20/2004

That's what you're describing. You're trying to jump all the way to feeling good and you can't, then you're freaking out because you take that to mean that you can't move at all. Don't try to make that jump, all you have to do is feel LESS BAD. If you will do that more consistently, then those downtimes get shallower and shallower and shallower.

Again, you don't try to assert control when you're IN the situation because of the momentum that's already going. Rather, you do the best you can in the moment, dust yourself off and
    It seems like you didn't finish that sentence? But if I understand it correctly, you mean that I should not try to fix a situation while it's already going on, since observing it makes me feel bad and it's harder to then stop the negative momentum while it has full speed?

Well, every subject is where you last left it, so yes you're going to re-activate it where you left it in terms of vibration, BUT NOT IN TERMS OF MOMENTUM.
    Ok, I think I get it! I should take a break and then go back and try to ease up my vibration after focusing on something else, like listening to music, working out or whatever?
    Though, it can't seem to really improve my vibration, seems like I am doing something wrong. Even though I try to soothe up my thoughts with some easy, general thoughts (for example just the focus on my "general" vibration) I always end up in thoughts/feelings that sound something like "Do I feel better yet? Are the bad feelings gone?" and then I feel more negative than positive.

Explain what you mean by that, because I don't understand what's going on. Everything you experience is a result of the vibration you've been practicing, so shifting the vibration is always the answer.
    The whole car-section just got more confusing now, so I think we should just leave it. I actually just wanted to describe that I often use my car rides for vibrational-work on different subject, since I've got a lot of "free" time then.

The issue is that you're trying to jump all the way to POSITIVE momentum when you've got strong NEGATIVE emotion and LOA won't let you make that jump. That's what I wrote about in my last post. Abraham describes exactly what I mean:

"What goes wrong for most is that they try to make too big of a jump, and when they don't make the jump, they lose their sense of being able to move at all. And then they're just sort of lost out there in the desert again. Yes. Gradual is so much better!"

-Phoenix, 3/20/2004

That's what you're describing. You're trying to jump all the way to feeling good and you can't, then you're freaking out because you take that to mean that you can't move at all. Don't try to make that jump, all you have to do is feel LESS BAD. If you will do that more consistently, then those downtimes get shallower and shallower and shallower.
    Well, yes, I can actually recognize myself in what you're saying.

Today for example, I started my day as I described some posts earlier. After meditating I felt really good for like 1-2 hours, but then, without anything in particular happening, I started to feel a bit worse again, without me even leaving the house. And then it affected my whole day, but I can actually tell that it was "better", in terms of "less bad" than before. Now it feels like I am in the same place as for the last couple of days, I feel some kind of anxiety all the time, without focusing on anything in particular, and it feels like it somehow affects a lot of other subjects, since I get the "fear" of the negative vibration with me to every other subject. Even though it feels... less bad right now than some days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Can you make the distinction between "helplessness" and "having control whilst you are still learning how to master that control so that you can use the control that you DO have in more situations and under more circumstances"? Those are two very different things, aren't they?
    Yes, I clearly feel the difference. It feels really relieving to read what you wrote.

Since this thread is about how I should proceed with my vibrational work, I can as well ask you this also:
    In the situation I am in right now, could it be counter-productive to do a Book of Positive aspects? In general I feel that sometimes it makes me feel not so much better, even though I am really paying attention to how I feel and I pay attention to not try to get from San Diego to Phoenix in one jump (actually, how do I distinguish if the better feeling is trying to get from SD to Phoenix, or it is a small step enough to be able to stay there..? It feels like I somehow know the answer, but you need to remind me).
    I just sat down and wanted to write some positive aspects - I wrote some about myself going on vacation this week, but when I wanted to start to write positive aspects about my current place in my vibrational road, I felt such a bad feeling that I literally pushed myself back from my table and closed the notebook.

It seems like you didn't finish that sentence? But if I understand it correctly, you mean that I should not try to fix a situation while it's already going on, since observing it makes me feel bad and it's harder to then stop the negative momentum while it has full speed?
    Yes, I jump around when I write and sometimes forget to go back and finish my thoughts on occasions. When you're falling out of the airplane, just relax and do the best you can. Then do the work once things have settled a bit.

Ok, I think I get it! I should take a break and then go back and try to ease up my vibration after focusing on something else, like listening to music, working out or whatever?
    Though, it can't seem to really improve my vibration, seems like I am doing something wrong. Even though I try to soothe up my thoughts with some easy, general thoughts (for example just the focus on my "general" vibration) I always end up in thoughts/feelings that sound something like "Do I feel better yet? Are the bad feelings gone?" and then I feel more negative than positive.
    That's because when you reactivate the subject, it's going to be where you left it. So checking to see if "the bad feelings are gone," isn't really what is going to work. Your job at that point is to reach for thoughts on that subject that feel a little better.

Today for example, I started my day as I described some posts earlier. After meditating I felt really good for like 1-2 hours, but then, without anything in particular happening, I started to feel a bit worse again, without me even leaving the house. And then it affected my whole day, but I can actually tell that it was "better", in terms of "less bad" than before. Now it feels like I am in the same place as for the last couple of days, I feel some kind of anxiety all the time, without focusing on anything in particular, and it feels like it somehow affects a lot of other subjects, since I get the "fear" of the negative vibration with me to every other subject. Even though it feels... less bad right now than some days ago.
    Of course, if you're practicing a vibration that doesn't feel good and you keep it going, you're going to extract things that match in other subjects too. That's why it makes sense to keep soothing yourself so that you can ease your way to better and better feeling places.

Since this thread is about how I should proceed with my vibrational work, I can as well ask you this also:
    In the situation I am in right now, could it be counter-productive to do a Book of Positive aspects?
    Probably. Appreciation is a long way from fear.

In general I feel that sometimes it makes me feel not so much better, even though I am really paying attention to how I feel and I pay attention to not try to get from San Diego to Phoenix in one jump (actually, how do I distinguish if the better feeling is trying to get from SD to Phoenix, or it is a small step enough to be able to stay there..? It feels like I somehow know the answer, but you need to remind me).
    Take out a copy of the EGS and look at the general area of where you are. If you're at fear and you're trying to do a BOPA, which is trying to get you all the way toward the top of the scale, you know that you're trying to make a big jump. More importantly, you can tell by the way you FEEL.
    I just sat down and wanted to write some positive aspects - I wrote some about myself going on vacation this week, but when I wanted to start to write positive aspects about my current place in my vibrational road, I felt such a bad feeling that I literally pushed myself back from my table and closed the notebook.
    Yes, you can feel that trying to reach for positive aspects is way too much for you.

Yes, I jump around when I write and sometimes forget to go back and finish my thoughts on occasions. When you're falling out of the airplane, just relax and do the best you can. Then do the work once things have settled a bit.

(...)

That's because when you reactivate the subject, it's going to be where you left it. So checking to see if "the bad feelings are gone," isn't really what is going to work. Your job at that point is to reach for thoughts on that subject that feel a little better.

Of course, if you're practicing a vibration that doesn't feel good and you keep it going, you're going to extract things that match in other subjects too. That's why it makes sense to keep soothing yourself so that you can ease your way to better and better feeling places.
    But, how come that this vibration actually started to go negative? Since I soothed it up during my meditation and my morning ritual I felt really good. And the only thing I did during that morning was the normal stuff, getting dressed, brushing my teeth etc. Nothing that I think should start a negative momentum ?

Though, I actually saw a documentary yesterday that said that eggs aren't good for my health. And I ate eggs for breakfast and started to think about that it's not good for me. And since I've actually practiced feeling my emotions, I remember that I started to feel slightly worse. Might be it?

And another thing on the same aspect - why does this, "overall" anxiety, over actually not anything in particular affect my vibration of other stuff, but not the other way around? I guess that the answer is because of the momentum, but doesn't this deny what you're saying that every subject is vibrationally where I last left it?

Take out a copy of the EGS and look at the general area of where you are. If you're at fear and you're trying to do a BOPA, which is trying to get you all the way toward the top of the scale, you know that you're trying to make a big jump. More importantly, you can tell by the way you FEEL.
    Honestly, I've not used the scale a single time so far. I've just tried to use my guidance system to distinguish if I feel a feeling of relief or a worse feeling than before (going with or against the current as written in The Astonishing power of emotions). Is it beneficial to start to use it to determine where I am, doesn't it strengthen the feeling?

And about the BOPA:
    Yeah, I feel like I've somehow tried to force it maybe and hoped that it will solve my situation, even though I've written aspects about things unrelated to it. It's just that in many clips and Instagram/Facebook posts, Abraham has advocated to do a book over positive aspects often, but I don't often see (besides of AAIG) anywhere they say that it's not so good if you're not feeling good. I think I will instead just focus on soothing my thoughts/feelings.