Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help In Moving Up The Emotional Guidance Scale Regarding My Height

Need Help In Moving Up The Emotional Guidance Scale Regarding My Height

On most issues I find it very easy to move up the EGS and this helps me to feel better. However, on some issues I struggle. My [short] height being one of those issues. I have this negative believe - that after 30 yrs of age the height of an individual will not increase.I suspect I'm at Powerlessness on this issue. IOW, right at the bottom of the scale.How can I soothe this negative belief to move to the next level & then to the next ?Can I please request the more experienced forum posters/Abe experts to help me with this issue.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    The lower you are, the less specific is what you "should do". Basically, when you are feeling powerless, there is nothing to do than RELAX! "Give up", meaning, give up all your struggle.

You canīt ever give up a dream, but what is necessary is to give up your resistance, that got SO big here, that you have brought you to your knees with it. So, give that up. Stop efforting on every topic, but SPECIFICALLY on this topic, instead get happy in ANY other way that works, for you. And then.
    And, give this some time.

I think I have linked you this thread before, but I do it again. There are several specific scales on it, that include the advice of "what to do" on each level.
    "The map of the soul": Specific EGS-Scales

Without knowing the kinds of thoughts you're thinking about your height, about what you think about growing, and about your body's inmpact on your experience, it's hard for us to offer any specific examples.

That being said, there's got to be a BFT for you than "It's impossible for me to grow any more." Feel around for your BFT from that. Additionally, this is not the only thought that you're thinking about your body and its impact on your experience. For example, some people who believe that they are "too short" explain their label of "too short" with a story about how their lack of height makes them unattractive to potential partners. In that example, they could find BFTs than their current story about potential partners.

Why don't you give it a whirl here?

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Without knowing the kinds of thoughts you're thinking about your height, about what you think about growing, and about your body's inmpact on your experience, it's hard for us to offer any specific examples.
    The only negative thought that I'm thinking is I can't grow any taller because of my age because people do not grow in their 30s.
    That being said, there's got to be a BFT for you than "It's impossible for me to grow any more." Feel around for your BFT from that.
    I'm trying to find that BFT too for the last 6 months, but couldn't find one.
    Why don't you give it a whirl here?
    I want to give it a whirl. Not sure how to start. I have already stated what I think about my current height and why.

Why are you dissatisfied with your current height?

Why are you dissatisfied with your current height?
    I wanted to carve out a career as a basketball player but could not make it because at the very least players should be 6ft 3 inches. I'm a good 6 - 7 inch shorter.Same thing happened when I wanted to get selected for the football (soccer) team. The selectors said I'm too short & therefore can't be selected.

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    Basically, when you are feeling powerless, there is nothing to do than RELAX! "Give up", meaning, give up all your struggle.
    So POE, in my case "give up struggle,effort" would mean - to accept the fact that I've a short height & move on with it? Isn't it?

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The New 52 View Post
    I wanted to carve out a career as a basketball player but could not make it because at the very least players should be 6ft 3 inches. I'm a good 6 - 7 inch shorter.Same thing happened when I wanted to get selected for the football (soccer) team. The selectors said I'm too short & therefore can't be selected.
    Understandably, your resistance keeps you from seeing things that could serve you, from allowing in opportunities and contacts and physical shifts that could take you to where you want to be, so "making peace with where you are" is a way of reducing your resistance. That's all. It's like "resignation with a tinge of optimism": "OK, I am where I am, but maybe things can work out anyway."
    Because, of course, you could Google something like "Shortest basketball players in the NBA" and learn that you have a belief that COMPLETELY does not serve you, that prevents you from moving ahead. A silly belief, a belief in something that is utterly FALSE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hands in the Clay View Post
    Understandably, your resistance keeps you from seeing things that could serve you, from allowing in opportunities and contacts and physical shifts that could take you to where you want to be, so "making peace with where you are" is a way of reducing your resistance. That's all. It's like "resignation with a tinge of optimism": "OK, I am where I am, but maybe things can work out anyway."
    Because, of course, you could Google something like "Shortest basketball players in the NBA" and learn that you have a belief that COMPLETELY does not serve you, that prevents you from moving ahead. A silly belief, a belief in something that is utterly FALSE!!!
    Thanks HITC. What I meant to say was that basketball selectors (just like the football selectors)told me during the trials that I'm short. I too had argued with them that there are players in the NBA who are just 173cms, but the selectors won't listen.

So basically what you are saying is that I just need to accept the fact that I'm short & move on with life. Did I understand properly what you said? Thanks.

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    No, that's not what I said. And if you took the time to read the materials properly, you would understand things better. YOU CREATE YOUR OWN REALITY, BASED ON YOUR THOUGHTS!! What you are hearing from others is BECAUSE YOU ALREADY THINK THAT WAY. And that can't change until YOU THINK DIFFERENTLY. Until YOU reduce your resistance.

This is PHYSICS. Your thoughts/vibration CREATE WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU, WHAT PEOPLE SAY TO YOU, WHAT WORKS AND WHAT DOESN'T. Your VIBRATION is what is extracting the stuff you're hearing.

Everything that is happening to you in your life is because of your VIBRATION/THOUGHTS/BELIEFS, and not because of any hard-and-fast rules that others might be regurgitating.

Go meta. See the bigger picture. Learn about how this all really WORKS.

I'm moving this thread to the main discussion forum, where it's a better fit.