Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: How do you track your dreams and visions?

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1

    Thumbs up How do you track your dreams and visions?

    Hello,

    I need an opinion from law of attraction practitioners! I love computer programming but have been having a massive burnout the last couple months. As I love Abe and manifestation theories I had an idea to create an application that would help me track my goals and dreams, and specifically note little proofs of the law of attraction working. As a lot of you meditate and visualize often, what would you find useful to have in an app like that? If you were to track your dreams and visions what would help your process the most?
    Thank you! And sorry if this is the wrong forum

  2. #2
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14,408
    Welcome to the Forum,
    emkej!

    Quote Originally Posted by emkej View Post
    Hello,

    I need an opinion from law of attraction practitioners! I love computer programming but have been having a massive burnout the last couple months.
    To my mind, the much more interesting (and potentially more satisfying to you) conversation we could be having would be "How are you applying these teachings to soothe your massive burnout?" Because, in Abraham terminology, "burnout" is a label we would apply to someone who hasn't yet effectively attended to their emotional guidance and is manifesting more physical manifestations reflecting their habits of misalignment. So, these teachings are perfect for addressing your massive burnout.

    Quote Originally Posted by emkej View Post
    As I love Abe and manifestation theories I had an idea to create an application that would help me track my goals and dreams, and specifically note little proofs of the law of attraction working. As a lot of you meditate and visualize often, what would you find useful to have in an app like that?
    This really isn't the place to do your market research. In fact, we actively discourage members from using the Forum in that sense.

    However, from the standpoint of applying these teachings, there really isn't a need for something to do what you're wanting to do. So, maybe a more productive place to begin your conversation might be with you sharing with us how you think such an application would fit into these teachings.

    You see, if you wanted to bolster your belief in the LoA, Abraham ask us to look--ness our visions or our manifestations (In fact, they often talk about "taking score" and some of the pitfalls which can arise out of that) but--to what we're doing with our vibration, how we feel emotionally. When we start to pay attention to how we feel emotionally, we can quickly (in a day or two, Abraham tell us) notice the connection between the thoughts we think and how we feel. If we pay a little more attention to this, we can start to see the pattern of how what we feel and what we get are always a vibrational match. That's the "evidence" that Abraham would like us to notice. (And, even then, there's not a whole lot of value in keeping a score of that, as you're seeming to want to do.)

    Now, I'm not here to talk you out of your fun project. If this is an idea that delights you, then use your emotional guidance system is follow and foster that delight...for you. Abraham recommend that very attitude when someone comes to them, asking about a book or a piece of art they want to create. Create for yourself, for your fun and your delight, and leave the rest of us Peanut Gallery out of your consideration.

    Quote Originally Posted by emkej View Post
    If you were to track your dreams and visions what would help your process the most?
    Again, this isn't something that Abraham ask us to do a whole lot of. (Not do they emphasize "visualization" and "visions," in the way that other LoA teachers do.)

    Quote Originally Posted by emkej View Post
    And sorry if this is the wrong forum
    No worries. We just move them for you, if that's the case, which I've done.

    I've also revised your thread title to more closely focus on the conversation you want to have.

  3. #3
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    65,564
    The ONLY "track" you ever need is to notice how you FEEL.
    When you feel generally good and eager and interested, mostly satisfied and in balance, you are DOING GOOD.
    Good enough so that all your dreams will unfold eventually, while you are "on track" in perfect timing.

    When there are things coming up that donīt feel so good, SOOTHE them. Find a better feeling stance. Stop pushing yourself, about them. Be nicer to yourself. Become your own best friend, seek the alignment with you and YOU (your IB) first and foremost, it is sooo much more important than all outside-goals, because it is the basis from which joy, peace, love, clarity, freedom and power come.

    How you get there is highly unique. The being- nicer-to-yourself, and the stopping to beat up on yourself are basic steps. Abeīs processes and meditation are wonderful tools, if you feel drawn to them. But maybe, for you, itīs something different? WHATEVER gets your juices flowing, right now, is right, here and now! -Maybe itīs gaming. Or working out. Maybe its nature, sex, food, fun with friends. Maybe itīs doing art- or writing computer-programs, JUST for the fun!
    Whatever. Itīs ALL good, when it works for you- here and now.

    When you find this alignment- indicated by feeling good- you GET the clarity. You GET the refuel, and the replenishment, and you FEEL the power, the ease, the effortlessness.

    And then, you can go everywhere without burning out.
    Here is an amazing quote about burnout, that might give you a new twist on life!



    Donīt BURN OUT!


    Your desire to help others-
    which has been the bane of your life...
    (...) WHAT IS IT that makes you so full -
    and everybody except us is going to tell you what a lovely thing it is!-

    WHAT IS IT that makes you so full of wanting to help others,
    before you even found YOUR OWN stability?

    Itīs the same that got you here (into the instability).
    People, demanding of one another (...) -demanding of you-
    something, before you had your bearings!
    Itīs like a parent badgering you into compliance, and then
    being MAD about you for not being happy.

    HS:
    And now, Iīm doing it to myself, you say?

    Abe:
    Yes. Yes!
    And it comes from learning flawed premises.
    It comes from people, saying "You want to serve others."
    And we say: OF COURSE YOU DO!
    We are all in this together. You WANT to uplift others.

    But if you donīt tend to your own alignment, FIRST,
    you have nothing to give another!
    (...) Itīs right for you, itīs necessary for you,
    and not just necessary, itīs RIGHT for you to bring yourself
    into alignment. And to not just bring yourself into stability-
    but VITALITY.

    And THEN, from THAT place, help anyone who is vibrationally near you.
    And the thing thatīs tricky about this is:
    When you get there, when you get into THAT vitality-
    those that you think you will help, wonīt be in your vicinity.

    And thatīs why almost EVERYBODY that goes BACK
    to help, loses their own vitality.

    from the clip
    Abraham Hicks - Shouldn't Recovered Turn Back To Help Others

  4. #4
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    65,564
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Abraham recommend that very attitude when someone comes to them, asking about a book or a piece of art they want to create. Create for yourself, for your fun and your delight, and leave the rest of us Peanut Gallery out of your consideration.
    ...so big!
    Here are quotes that speak about this significant point:



    We want you to take your thought OUT there.
    We want you to stop pandering to the crowd.
    We want you to take your thought to the place
    that pleases you,
    with complete disregard to how
    the crowd might feel about it.

    And the Law of Attraction takes care of the rest.


    Portland, OR on 8/11/12



    Offer your talent, because it is pleasing to YOU.
    And trust LoA to bring the audience, that matches it, to you.

    Because, if you try anything else,
    if you try to cater to what you think the audience wants,
    youīll be all over the place, and you lose your center, you see.

    And so, we think youīr on the right track!
    If we were standing in your physical shoes,
    THESE are the reasons, that we would be doing this plays:
    We would want an outlet for our own
    fun.

    And we would want an opportunity, or a reason,
    to get together with lots of kids, who also want
    fun.

    And we would want to get together with lots of kids,
    for the reason that we would like to watch for opportunities
    to
    play with them!
    And that would be about the end of our list.

    We wouldnīt be trying to present morals, that are guiding them,
    we wouldnīt be trying to keep them out of trouble,
    by keeping them busy with stupid plays- iow,

    it would be only for the joyous fun
    and frolicking of it.


    from the clip Abraham Hicks: Self-Awakening-Is your talent pleasing you
    2004-06-12 B Boulder, CO

  5. #5
    songbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Somewhere beautiful, England.
    Posts
    3,995
    I guess if you are thinking about what Abraham say about how what we think about and so feel, and what comes to us is always a vibrational match....

    So, like paradise said it is all about FEELING.
    So if you are wanting to "track" anything......maybe you can make a note of your general feeling, and what is happening. In that way you are making the connection between how you FEEL and what is coming to you. How you FEEL EMOTIONALLY, and how much energy you feel in your body. How you FEEL EMOTIONALLY, and how things are working out for you. How you FEEL emotionally, and how many good ideas you get. How you feel emotionally, and how well you are doing at your project. How you feel emotionally, and how things are coming to you. How you feel emotionally, and what inspiration you are receiving.

    But it does seem a bit like going about it the hard way.

    Maybe the best way for an app.....would be to give yourself reminders.....to focus on how your feeling....to relax....to breathe.

    I really would like to find a watch where it would beep when I start going into some negative momentum and ignore my guidance!
    If you could invent an app that would be able to be aware where we are emotionally and be able to be aware when we start going upstream....at the early subtle stages....and let us know that we are thinking thoughts that the larger part of us is not.....then that would be great.

    But our emotions are that very APP, and I don't think a computer can replace out internal guidance.

    However something to help us REMEMBER, would be very helpful....to remember:


    That how we FEEL EMOTIONALLY is the reason for everything in your life...

    That how we FEEL matters most of all.

    That our only work is to CARE about how we feel emotionally.

    To be in the present and reach for JOY.



    Maybe some reminders in a really FUN, uplifting way, like maybe with music or some trigger or touchstone...

    Reminding us to care about how we are FEELING RIGHT.....N O W......

    To take care of the only moment that ever matters......this one....feel good NOW.



    That it is GOOD to FEEL GOOD.

    It is GOOD

  6. #6
    songbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Somewhere beautiful, England.
    Posts
    3,995
    FEEL GOOD.....and you will receive many wonderful ideas.


    And also for your place of burn out; making peace is the solution, which means simply being at peace in yourself.

    All the best.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •