Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Locked out. Stuck in same reality.

I can't thank you guys enough for your kind, detailed and enlightening replies.

I feel silly for having misunderstood this great life lesson, this "upstream/ downstream" analogy. I always read Abe books in hopes of attaining my desires quickly. Not only did I not succeed in my solo pursuit, but also in my rush, I accidently undervalued the importance of this great teaching. With this analogy, EGS is so easy to understand and recognize.

Both step1 and step2 happen naturally. Step3 is the only "work".

And the work is to release resistant upstream thoughts and reach for better feeling downstream thoughts. This is so good to know. I feel really good right now.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    How wonderful!

And itīs so liberating to know that you have ALL your power NOW, always:
    You can focus on anything happy (downstream), NOW.
    Or you can focus on anything unhappy (upstream), NOW.

Thatīs all you can- but itīs enough to get you EVERYwhere, eventually....

A happy life
    is just a string of happy moments.

But most people don't allow the happy moment,
    because they're so busy trying to get a happy life.

Abraham-Hicks

Is there a certain process to try or a certain page of one of the books if you feel this way?

Quote Originally Posted by intheclouds View Post
    Is there a certain process to try or a certain page of one of the books if you feel this way?
    All of the Processes can be used when you feel this way.

So much it's easy to feel lost.
    The reason why you feel lost is because you tell the story of how you're lost or you focus on what you have lost. That's not going to feel any form of "good."

The reason why all of the Processes can be used in this situation is because all of the Processes help us shift our focus, in this case, away from that "lost" which you don't want. Once again, you can use your emotional guidance to guide your focus away from your focus on what you don't want (in this example, all those "lost" aspects) towards what you do want.

Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    Thank you all for your kind response. I wish manifestation was only a step away from now. I've read and reread Abe books over and over. Yet I find myself trying to grasp for more info. I'm sure it all boils down to the step-3.
    You've got some great responses here. Also I'd like to add that this shifting how you feel is a lot easier than we make it out to be. Step 3 is easy. It's just this notion in our head that uplifting your mood is a big thing when it's not. And the "bigness" of that work made me create a lot of threads about overcoming resistance about it. IT'S EASY!

Quote Originally Posted by simi_0808 View Post
    You've got some great responses here. Also I'd like to add that this shifting how you feel is a lot easier than we make it out to be. Step 3 is easy. It's just this notion in our head that uplifting your mood is a big thing when it's not. And the "bigness" of that work made me create a lot of threads about overcoming resistance about it. IT'S EASY!

exactly!!!

...and having come to KNOW this, is worth all the journey, isnīt it!

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    exactly!!!

...and having come to KNOW this, is worth all the journey, isnīt it!
    Absolutely! Bless the contrast that brought me to this place of understanding

Thanks WellBeing!
    I didn't know if there is one only for this. Guess you can pick any you want.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    All of the Processes can be used when you feel this way.

The reason why you feel lost is because you tell the story of how you're lost or you focus on what you have lost. That's not going to feel any form of "good."

The reason why all of the Processes can be used in this situation is because all of the Processes help us shift our focus, in this case, away from that "lost" which you don't want. Once again, you can use your emotional guidance to guide your focus away from your focus on what you don't want (in this example, all those "lost" aspects) towards what you do want.

Quote Originally Posted by gkspp View Post
    I can't thank you guys enough for your kind, detailed and enlightening replies.

I feel silly for having misunderstood...
    This quote wanted to come here!

"If youīd want to be ITV all the time,
    you would have stayed in nonphysical,
    with lazy old us."

(Abe)

Thanks WellBeing!
    I didn't know if there is one only for this. Guess you can pick any you want.
    Exactly! You pick the one that seems the most fun to you. Because we're most likely to do the "most fun" Process.