Thread: Wonder and Appreciation

Wonder and Appreciation

Instead of writing a long introduction spiel, I think Iíll just jump right in. My story will unfold organically and I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better!

- Usually when I'm out for a run I think, "ooh I can't wait to be able to do this soon, and before long I can achieve that, and ooh wasn't it so good when I did this a while back". Today there was none of that. Just appreciation for everything around me. Nothing else mattered other than the beautiful landscape and birds twittering.

- Ah, but then thought creeps back in. Look at the horrible antennas on the mountain. What a waste. I decided to change that thought to, "look how wonderful it is that a couple of antennas can provide communication for hundreds of thousands of people while 99% of the mountain remains untouched".

- Giving up addiction used to seem like a war. An all-out battle that must be savage and leave me exhausted every night if I was ever expecting to overcome it. Now it just seems so free and easy. Instead of struggling, I'm choosing to see it as an invitation to expand my energy and learn new things. My wisdom grows every hour of my recovery.

- I used to ignore my body.. that is unless I was thinking how much in decline it is. Now I LOVE my body and remind it continually that it's cared for. I'm investing money on getting it back into great condition and using my energy to breathe well-being into it. Now I'm on my way to being stronger and fitter than I've ever been in my life. In five years from now, my capacity to be stronger will have improved yet again!

- Trying to get a new job is admittedly creating a lot of resistance, but I'm trying to remember that for now I'm getting ready to be ready and when I do step into my amazing new job, I'm going to be so good at it because I've been preparing and becoming a better person.

- Been journaling brief notes about my dreams. For some time there's been a lot of conflict and tension in them. Would love to see them reflect my new reality of appreciation and well-being. In fact, they already are starting to do that.

- Having just went from a very liberal city to a very conservative city is grinding my gears, but it's also giving me clarity on what's important to me. And the nature and beauty here is just something I didn't have before so I get to focus on that instead.

- Politics has an incredible way of shifting my mood instantly. Nothing else can do that. In one moment, I'll go from content to fury. While limiting how much I read is one option, I also want to be better at not reacting so strongly to it.

- I used to walk around feeling quite annoyed and as such attracted other people doing the same. Sometimes this would cause an actual confrontation in the street. While I still see these people, soon they'll go away, because more of what I'm seeing now is people smiling at me and being happy.

More thoughts to come soon. A nice narrative will soon come together from this and there'll be a much greater flow.

Moderator's note

Welcome to the Forum, Ronso!

Since your intention for this thread is to shift your own vibration, I'm going to move your thread to the Practicing the Teachings sub-forum. It's there where we understand that a Forum friend is feeling their way to alignment, so we interact differently with this threads than we do with the threads in the Teachings and You sub-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Welcome to the Forum, Ronso!

Since your intention for this thread is to shift your own vibration, I'm going to move your thread to the Practicing the Teachings sub-forum. It's there where we understand that a Forum friend is feeling their way to alignment, so we interact differently with this threads than we do with the threads in the Teachings and You sub-forum.
    Thank you, Wellbeing! Very good to be here and can't wait to get stuck in.

- Was thinking today about how I am growing a beard. It represents authentic masculinity and makes me feel confident.. the problem is it's never came in thick. But with more exercise, a change in mindset, and moisturizing, I'm sure there'll be better results. But then I had a moment of, "aah I can't wait for this to happen". And bam, I was taken out of my happy place and into a feeling of longing. A goal that denies your present joy is no goal at all. So I'll shift back to loving where my beard is right now and enjoy the ride.

- I saw this beautiful girl with great posture. Isn't it fantastic when someone has good posture? I want to continue to improve mine and attract that in my future partner-in-crime.

- I enjoy some cake every night. Been doing it for a few weeks now. As I listen more to my body, I'm discovering that it doesn't like it quite as much as me! Being in harmony with my body and it feeling great are more important for me than a bit of cake. Going to knock that on the head for a while and eat better things.

Another good day.