Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Money vs? Spirituality - Conflicting beliefs

Quote Originally Posted by Cupidgal99 View Post
    I consider myself to be quite spiritual...I meditate regularly, went to India to study at an ashram, do yoga kirtan chants, practice affirmations, etc. I've always had money and even unexpectedly inherited almost $100,000 once from a distant relative! I've always had money mainly through working steadily but received surprise bonuses or financial gifts (once a friend gifted me $5000 which I did not expect). I grew up with a contrast-y belief system about money and scarcity from my family and started focusing on shifting those beliefs. I didn't really pivot until I found Abraham back in 2010 and the concept of appreciation. In 2011 I went through a challenging divorce and basically had to rebuild my life financially from scratch. I would write: TYFTM (Thank You for the Money) on each of my checks when I paid bills. I kept a dollar bill next to my bed with a Post-It note with TYFTM on it so I saw at night and when I woke up! I made daily lists of things I appreciated in my life and the momentum just increased so dramatically that pretty soon I had a good paying job, savings and stock investments! The better it gets...the BETTER it gets!
    Thanks for sharing Cupidgal! I also meditate and I had though about going to an ashram also! I am trying to make the habit of waking up and do rampages of appreciation and giving thanks when the day just started and it is getting better!

I'm glad you're making positive changes!

A friend once told me that the Peanut Gallery (non Abers) think I have it easy because I have money, own a home and go on nice vacations, etc. Very few people know about my contrast-y childhood. I had to overcome a lot of negative thought patterns. However, just doing a daily appreciation journal catapulted me into the money flow!

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fede_lmds View Post
    POE, best thread I have read in a while! Thanks so much, I needed something like that!! really good stuff
    Iīm glad!
    So how do you feeeel about money now?
    -About making BIG money?
    -About being spiritual, AND rich?
    -About spending money?

Quote Originally Posted by fede_lmds View Post
    Hi Abers!

I am starting to do the work in my desire for more money and prosperity.
    I am evaluating my thoughts about the matter and I have some contradictory belifes, I am a spiritual oriented person, and its seems that somewhere on the road I have picked up the belief that you can't be a spiritual person and also be wealthy or live with big incomes. Anyone had this issue? Advices, quotes or videos that may help me to change this belief?
    Also I have another contradictory belief that one has to be specially talented, gifted or intelligent to achieve financial success. I know that is not true and that it only depends on my vibration and allowing, but the belief is still somewhat there and pumping in my head now and then.

Thanks!!!
    fede_inside...
    all matter is spirit... is light

of course you can be rich and wealthy
    if wealth and abundance in yourself
    cause all is a mirror

in Buddhism the lamas told me
    that it is the attachment causing the problem
    when you you are fullfillid
    in the sense that you are becoming aware
    aware of IB or Higher Self or Buddha

when you are in alignement and there is no more lack
    no more a missing piece you are looking for

no more a huge black whole
    ....that you compulsionate want fill in...

so why I love to be rich and being in abundance?
    it is divine... the divine is in all that is

my desires are much more as a game
    I love treasure hunts and most of all: CREATION!

so the universe is an expanding universe and
    we have to thrive with the speed and expand
    creation is expansion... desires come from our soul

beauty and harmony are divine components

in the Cosmos is great beauty and harmony
    but there is the comma of Phytagoras
    the Phytagorean comma... you can google it he he

our Universe is harmony but also chaos
    cause after the comma is allways a rest of numbers infinite........

this little rest makes as all so unique
    this little rest makes as special and not Barbie Puppets
    this little rest makes us to take descisions and give freedom in choices

my abundance dream is being a millionaire in flipp- flopps
    living in Hawaii...

I am spiritual yes and spirituality means living it in my day life
    praise as much as I can and this makes me happy

love Venus

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupidgal99 View Post
    A friend once told me that the Peanut Gallery (non Abers)
    I donīt know if you meant this, but I want to stick in for clarification, that EVERYBODY outside of you and YOU is meant by being "the peanutgallery".

Humans, no matter how close they are to you, no matter how wise they are, no matter if they have the "right religion" or much knowing, can NEVER know what is in your Vortex, and what is the best path for you, here and now. Itīs not their job, and they donīt have the tools.

And, to highlight that even more "Abers" are not wise or loving, per se. They can be OOTV and pinched off big times- as every other person. Weīr all only human.

...think I have it easy because I have money, own a home and go on nice vacations, etc. Very few people know about my contrast-y childhood. I had to overcome a lot of negative thought patterns.
    It is a very common trap to fall back into justifying or explaining, or even excuse yourself, that you had big hardships as well, in an attempt to be more understood by others.

-When people far OOTV see someone thrive, it pulls on their nerves. Itīs just what happens. And you canīt make them understand, no matter how much you mute your light, or how much you tell how bad things have been for you. So, be VERY careful with this!
    Because, every time you activate your dramatic or hard past to soothe them or make them get you, you acticate again where you have been, and that can be a huge holdup for you. NEVER LOOK BACK, other than in true, loving, pure appreciation.

You canīt really make them understand!
    You canīt stand on your head in enough ways to make them see through your eyes, and get what life taught you. You must let that go- or they will "downlift" you every time you try to explain to a resistant crowd, that already has made up their mind about you!

-While, when someone is in vicinity and eager to hear you, you FEEL how wonderful your interaction flows. It THEN feels perfect and easy and delightful to explain to them- and they will GET it! -And thatīs what true upliftment is.,

However, just doing a daily appreciation journal catapulted me into the money flow!
    It is actually EASY.

It just becomes hard, when we repeat the unwanted past, or try to drag resistant others with us- -what is actually impossible.

They have their OWN "path of least resistance" that they must walk, using their OWN guidance, towards their OWN dreams and fulfillments. The only thing you can do is let go of all attempts to "make them understand", and just be the shining, jolly, happy, attractive example that you learned to become- aka, be the fragrant delightful flower, and donīt give a rip if others enjoy your beauty.

You cannot get sick enough
    to help sick people get better.

You cannot get poor enough
    to help poor people thrive.

It is only in your thriving that you have
    anything to offer anyone!
    If you're wanting to be of an advantage to others,
    be as tapped in, turned in, turned on
    as you can possibly be.

---Abraham
    Excerpted from: San Diego, CA on February 15, 2003