Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Money vs? Spirituality - Conflicting beliefs

Money vs? Spirituality - Conflicting beliefs

Hi Abers!

I am starting to do the work in my desire for more money and prosperity.
    I am evaluating my thoughts about the matter and I have some contradictory belifes, I am a spiritual oriented person, and its seems that somewhere on the road I have picked up the belief that you can't be a spiritual person and also be wealthy or live with big incomes. Anyone had this issue? Advices, quotes or videos that may help me to change this belief?
    Also I have another contradictory belief that one has to be specially talented, gifted or intelligent to achieve financial success. I know that is not true and that it only depends on my vibration and allowing, but the belief is still somewhat there and pumping in my head now and then.

Thanks!!!

So, now that you know what you don't want, you know more clearly what you do want.

You've been around here for a while. How are you using the tools and techniques of these teachings to take your vibrational journey? Or are you telling us that you need to observe a clip from Abraham (and there are many. Google is your friend.) to do your "work"? Are you the creator of your own reality? Or are Abraham?

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    This whole quote-collection might serve you incredibly well! Itīs full of very enlightening quotes as the one below. Just click the link and ENJOY!

Abeīs take on "Materialism" and "Ego"

Money, not being spiritual??

Some say that you should not want money at all,
    because the desire for money is materialistic and not Spiritual.
    But we want you to remember that you are here,
    in this very physical world where Spirit has materialized.

You cannot separate yourself from the aspect of yourself that is Spiritual,
    and while you are here in these bodies,
    you cannot separate yourselves from that which is physical or material.

All of the magnificent things of a physical nature
    that are surrounding you
    are Spiritual in nature.

---Abraham

Excerpted from the workshop: Money and the Law of Attraction on August 31, 2008

I consider myself to be quite spiritual...I meditate regularly, went to India to study at an ashram, do yoga kirtan chants, practice affirmations, etc. I've always had money and even unexpectedly inherited almost $100,000 once from a distant relative! I've always had money mainly through working steadily but received surprise bonuses or financial gifts (once a friend gifted me $5000 which I did not expect). I grew up with a contrast-y belief system about money and scarcity from my family and started focusing on shifting those beliefs. I didn't really pivot until I found Abraham back in 2010 and the concept of appreciation. In 2011 I went through a challenging divorce and basically had to rebuild my life financially from scratch. I would write: TYFTM (Thank You for the Money) on each of my checks when I paid bills. I kept a dollar bill next to my bed with a Post-It note with TYFTM on it so I saw at night and when I woke up! I made daily lists of things I appreciated in my life and the momentum just increased so dramatically that pretty soon I had a good paying job, savings and stock investments! The better it gets...the BETTER it gets!

Quote Originally Posted by fede_lmds View Post
    Also I have another contradictory belief that one has to be specially talented, gifted or intelligent to achieve financial success. I know that is not true and that it only depends on my vibration and allowing, but the belief is still somewhat there and pumping in my head now and then.

Thanks!!!
    Being talented or even genius is just an intense, not hindered joyful focus on the subjects that you love and WANT to flow. Being creative means, to let "who you really are" FLOW and express you (in concert with the bigger part of you, that knows how to express yourself and where to be and what to do in the perfect timing and CALLS you to that).

...And if you want money, or accolades, or appreciation for that, you can have that fully, no exception!
    Aaaaaaand more quote-collections

Quotes about being weird, genius and "doing it your own, DIFFERENT way"

Abundance

Someone who takes the time to understand their relationship
    with source, who actively seeks alignment with their broader
    perspective, who deliberately seeks and finds alignment
    with who-they-really-are,

is more charismatic,
    more attractive,
    more effective,
    and more powerful
    than a group of millions who have not achieved this alignment.

Abe

I love this quote...thank you!

This quote makes sense to me. Two weeks ago, I met a girlfriend who I hadn't seen in a while and she told me I looked amazing. I was so surprised...I hadn't washed my hair in 3 days and actually just pulled my hair up in a bun to get it off my neck, etc. In the next 24 hours, two more people told me I looked amazing...lol. I walked into my gym the next morning and the woman at the counter said I looked amazing with no make-up! I've been doing the meditation CD for a while now, so...there you go!

Quote Originally Posted by Cupidgal99 View Post
    I consider myself to be quite spiritual...I meditate regularly, went to India to study at an ashram, do yoga kirtan chants, practice affirmations, etc. I've always had money and even unexpectedly inherited almost $100,000 once from a distant relative! I've always had money mainly through working steadily but received surprise bonuses or financial gifts (once a friend gifted me $5000 which I did not expect). I grew up with a contrast-y belief system about money and scarcity from my family and started focusing on shifting those beliefs. I didn't really pivot until I found Abraham back in 2010 and the concept of appreciation. In 2011 I went through a challenging divorce and basically had to rebuild my life financially from scratch. I would write: TYFTM (Thank You for the Money) on each of my checks when I paid bills. I kept a dollar bill next to my bed with a Post-It note with TYFTM on it so I saw at night and when I woke up! I made daily lists of things I appreciated in my life and the momentum just increased so dramatically that pretty soon I had a good paying job, savings and stock investments! The better it gets...the BETTER it gets!
    Thank you for sharing! Beautiful!
    And it reminds me about *my* personal story...
    I grew up in astonishingly contradicting beliefsystems about money, as well. My Grandparents -atheists- who raised me, discarded money as needed, but also really unimportant- while they became multimillionaires due to a genius invention for environmentally friendly energy of my Opi, and then they lost it all again, including their business that was a life-basis for all their kids and grandchildren as almost 100 employes. My mother is a fundamental catholic and hates money, while she spends it generously and lovingly on others.

There is so much screwyness around about the idea of money, no matter if people are religious, spiritual, highly intelligent, genius in some topics, or have already managed to passionately, lined up impressively, build an internationally recognized empire:

We CAN be so lined up on the one hand, and shoot ourselves in the foot in the very next moment. -Having lived all this contrast with them, and clearly realizing what worked and what not, what felt good and what not, was SUCH an advantage to me, even it felt as a catastrophy sometimes while I was in the middle of it. And then, Abe helped me to become really CLEAR about understanding it fully and wholly!

Quote Originally Posted by Cupidgal99 View Post
    I love this quote...thank you!

This quote makes sense to me. Two weeks ago, I met a girlfriend who I hadn't seen in a while and she told me I looked amazing. I was so surprised...I hadn't washed my hair in 3 days and actually just pulled my hair up in a bun to get it off my neck, etc. In the next 24 hours, two more people told me I looked amazing...lol. I walked into my gym the next morning and the woman at the counter said I looked amazing with no make-up! I've been doing the meditation CD for a while now, so...there you go!
    Beaming from inside!

Thanks for sharing POE!

I recently "expanded" out of a job but my former boss liked me so much, he paid me 2 months salary upfront in addition to giving me a great reference letter. I took the money and went to Hawaii and had vortex-y fun!

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    This whole quote-collection might serve you incredibly well! Itīs full of very enlightening quotes as the one below. Just click the link and ENJOY!

Abeīs take on "Materialism" and "Ego"

POE, best thread I have read in a while! Thanks so much, I needed something like that!! really good stuff