Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 44

Thread: using my emotional guidance to find BFTS

  1. #1

    using my emotional guidance to find BFTS

    Hey. So lately I have been really applying the processes and "doing the work." I have been looking at the responses I have got from previous threads and looking at others threads. I have also been re reading APOE and following the downstream process.I have got a notebook and been making statements about a myriad of subjects, with the intention of feeling better about my personal situation. And I have felt better, I wasn't at joy, but I was getting relief.


    But today....eugh. I'm sure a lot of you will be familiar with the situation that presented itself today in Manchester near where I live. There are a few things that tie my hair into a knot.
    Today has really thrown me off into the bushes. I know Abraham speak a lot about death. And I will be honest death is one of the hardest things for me to get my head around. Especially when it's 22 teenagers who were just at a rock concert.
    The other thing is I can't ignore the news. The fear that the terror alert has been raised to critical.The Facebook feed where every other post is someone posting somthing about how tragic this, how the world is going to help, the doomsday posts about how we are all going to killed by ISIS etc. And to be honest today I have been thrown into the bushes pretty bad.

    I am trying to soothe myself but so far all I can feel is feel absolute disgustat the guy responsible. I feel fear when I watch the news wondering what's going to get struck next..
    I'm sorry but I can't buy that all those children "attracted" early violent death. I just cannot.

    Not feeling good today and my head is a pretty dark place atm going over how the world will end, terrorism, and the evil acts humans inflict on each other.but this forum and netflix has been a break from the constant stream of negativity.



  2. #2
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,423
    Quote Originally Posted by lauriewinter09 View Post
    but this forum ... has been a break from the constant stream of negativity.
    Not so much, because you've just practiced here what you were trying to take a break from.

    How will you soothe your thoughts about all of this? That's the "work." You take the thoughts that you are thinking and then, using your emotional guidance system, you soothe and shift your thoughts into a place which feels better to you.

    Moderator's note: Since your intention is for soothing and since the intention of the Forum is that we apply these teachings for our benefit, I'm going to move this thread to the Practicing the Teachings sub-forum, where you can have the space to practice your soothing.

  3. #3
    Thank you well-being.


  4. #4
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,423
    So, how will you soothe your thoughts about these topics?

  5. #5
    I'm going to sleep for a few hours. That is all I can do for now. Terrorists are not knocking on my door this red hot minute lol. Then tommorow possibly meditate for a bit. I have no particular process in mind right now....


  6. #6
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,423
    Quote Originally Posted by lauriewinter09 View Post
    I'm going to sleep for a few hours. That is all I can do for now.
    That's good because when you sleep, you stop your momentum. Sleep is a vibrational reset.

    When you awaken, you have the opportunity to focus yourself into a wanted direction. If you hold that wanted focus for as little as 17 seconds, the LoA will get hold of your focus and start a momentum in your wanted direction. Isn't that good to know?

    Quote Originally Posted by lauriewinter09 View Post
    Terrorists are not knocking on my door this red hot minute lol.
    That's a BFT, in spite of your "lol." I bet you can build on that thought some, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by lauriewinter09 View Post
    Then tommorow possibly meditate for a bit. I have no particular process in mind right now....
    Meditation is a Process, so you did have a particular Process in mind! Good for you. As you focus yourself in this wanted way, who knows? Maybe you'll be inspired to another Process you'll like to do in addition to your Meditation?

  7. #7
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,423
    I see you're still up so here's an idea: Why don't you think of something to post in this thread?
    Something wonderful happened today

  8. #8
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    69,325
    Maybe understanding the emotional basis helps a bit also



    Terror

    Terrorism is ME, focusing in opposition
    to who I really am and what I really am focusing on!

    Asheville, 21.11.2015



    (...)That's the feeling in that you are getting in that feeling of terrorism: It isn't the feeling that somebody is gonna come and do to you what they've done to others that you worried about!

    It is that in THAT moment you're terrorizing yourself by pinching yourself off from the Wellbeing, that would be there, if you're not focused in a way thats pinching it off.

    And if you are focused in that way that pinched that off enough, than the momentum of it gets bigger and bigger and bigger and bigger until those thoughts turn to things!

    And our question to all of you is:
    "When someone else that you even don't know, -when their thoughts that you don't even know that they are thinking, when their thoughts turn to things, that you don't want to live, WHY would you now turn your thoughts to the things,
    that they've turned their thoughts to the things?!

    IOW, Esther used to say to us "Abraham, but it's true!"
    And we would say "Esther, truth happens, fact happens, because somebody focused in a way that makes them happen!" -And just because that happened, just because they are someone's reality,
    doesn't mean that they have to be YOUR reality!

    But as humans, you often think that because it exists as a reality, that it could come and get you! Someone else conjured the reality that they didn't want
    because they didn't know what they were doing with their thoughts, and they've created a reality and NOW so many people want you to look at that reality, and as you look at that reality it becomes part of your vibration, until more and more begin to create the reality-
    -that they do not want.
    As humans, you have to be able to understand that that makes no sense!

    So we would say to Esther "Just because it is true, just because someone lived it,
    doesn't mean that it deserves your attention!"

    And the thing that we would like you to begin to think about is, that how it feels, MIGHT will be the criteria about wether it deserves your attention, you see. And those people that you are labeling as terrorists, they KNOW that they don't have the ability to really distract your life in any really meaningful way. There are too many of you, and too few of them.

    They can not really in actuality turn those thoughts to things in any way that can be very significant to you! -But they can terrorize you. They can get you to turn your thoughts to the plays were you will disconnect you from the Wellbeing that is yours. And that is good enough for them.

    You do that to your children, you terrorize them with the things that you say, too. IOW, the REAL terrorist is YOU! We are just thinking about the book, that our friend worried about haven't written.
    (previous HS) -Because there are a lot of people that don't want you to call yourself a terrorist.

    But only you can terrify yourself,
    because only you can focus in a way that disallows
    the Source within you to flow in this moment,

    -and that is, what terror is!


    Asheville, 21.11.2015



    Abe, speaking from our perspective like
    -"Abe, I dont wanna be on the wrong place at the wrong time..."

    "There isnt any of that.
    Its always right place, right time."

    SF, February 12


    What Terrorism is

    We would like to give a definition to what terrorism really is: Terrorism is me, focusing in opposition to who I really am- and what "I really am" focusing on!

    And you could call terrorism fear, you could call it panic, you could call it discouragement, you could call it disappointment... but its focusing in OPPOSITION to WHAT I DESIRE!

    from the clip
    Abraham Hicks ~ ISIS



    The more you see what you do not want, and the more you take action to keep it from happening, the more of it comes and comes and comes and comes. Not because people are unreasonable, but because LoA is a very powerful thing.

    You create what you think about!
    Wether you defend against it, or advocating it.


    from the clip Abraham Hicks ~ ISIS



    Don't let any place that you are standing frighten you. All it is, is a byproduct of some Energy alignment, which only gives you stronger clarity about what you want — and, most importantly, greater sensitivity about whether you're in a receiving mode, or locked off of it.

    ---Abraham
    ,
    Excerpted from: San Rafael, CA on March 24, 2001



    Fear of Death

    HS:
    I think, the fear comes from the unknown.

    Abe:
    The fear comes from focusing

    in opposition of what source knows about it!


    -Because you are thinking of death as ENDING.
    Source knows its not ending! You are thinking it will be causing you to be really different than you are, Source knows thats not the way it is, either.

    Iow, your perception of what death is... so, when you focus upon it, it is SO contrary to what source knows that it is, that of course you have that uncomfortable feeling about it!

    We wanna approach this in another way for just a moment. So imagine that you are a mentor to a young girl. A really little girl, she is just 3 or 4, she is old enough that shes beginning to ask questions. And shes saying:
    "Tell me what its all about! I really want to understand!"

    And you think, "well, its time for this little girl to know things. I think Im gonna level with her. She might as well learn it early." So you say to her: "Your body is going to stretch and stretch and stretch and stretch, and all the clothes you have now, are no longer going to fit."

    And she looks at you- she just got something she really likes! And shes got on this little shoes, that she just loves, and so, your conversation with her is upsetting. And then you say: "And your not always gonna live here, with
    Mommy and Daddy!" Now shes in terror!

    "No, where am I gonna go??" -"Well, youll figure it out! Your gonna live with somebody, you dont even know, now! Probably in a house far, far far FAR away from here! And your Mommy and Daddy will come to visit you. Because you know, they really love you."

    -Well, your gonna strike terror to the heart of this little girl, who- even your telling her the most natural and wonderful things in the world,
    shes not in the vibrational place of hearing it!

    And so, thats sorta kinda the sort of how you all are, about the subject of "DEEEEATHHH"
    (said in spooky voice).
    Its not easy to talk to you UNTIL
    YOU BECOME VIBRATIONALLY ORIENTED.


    2015-09-26 Chicago


    How dying feels...

    You do not become part of a nebulous mist.
    You do not lose your sense of identity.
    You don’t wonder where you are.
    You don’t feel suffocated for lack of oxygen.
    You don’t miss your body.

    Instead, you feel ALL that you have ever been.
    You have access to go anywhere that you want to go.
    You can revisit those who you are wanting to.
    You can participate in your funeral if you are wanting to.
    You can reactivate the vibration of your beingness – in other words, you could, from your nonphysical, ‘dead’ you call it, we like to call it 'croaking' to be disrespectful since there is no such thing as death -

    you could from that nonphysical perspective, you could, if you wanted to, reactivate the vibration that was you, and feel as if you were still in your physical body.

    But you know what? Nobody wants to do that, because the broader perspective is so intoxicating.

    San Francisco, 7/27/07


  9. #9
    Ok in a better mood today. Thank you Poe for that collection of quotes, very helpful. And thank you well-being for the thread link.

    After getting some sleep I meditated this morning for 15 minutes....or tried to. It's been a while since I did any meditation. I have a real monkey mind, that jumps from subject to subject ("is this 15 minutes over....wonder what I'm gonna have for lunch.....oh yeah payday on Friday...that damn dogs barking again etc) I know you're supposed to focus on your breathing but I couldn't even take one breath without habitual thoughts popping up.

    Other thing I've done is find slightly less crappy thoughts like i did last night, statements like:
    Terrorists are not knocking on my door this very minute.
    I can walk down the street and the chances are I'm not going to get blown up by terrorists.
    I don't have to go far to find bad news if I choose to look for it.
    The news got my attention but I'm not actually focused on it all the time, like when I'm asleep, when I'm doing my artwork, when I'm watching Netflix, when I'm playing with the dog etc.
    There are a lot of dynamics to this whole situation and there is really I can actually do in terms of action I can only have any influence over what I think or say or do
    I don't know each and every single person involved in this situation I can only make snap guesses of what was going on in their experiences.

    And these thoughts feel slightly better than before. It is reassuring to know that right now, today I am not actually under threat. I also have some choice about what I focus on too...




  10. #10
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,423
    Quote Originally Posted by lauriewinter09 View Post
    After getting some sleep I meditated this morning for 15 minutes....or tried to. It's been a while since I did any meditation. I have a real monkey mind, that jumps from subject to subject ("is this 15 minutes over....wonder what I'm gonna have for lunch.....oh yeah payday on Friday...that damn dogs barking again etc) I know you're supposed to focus on your breathing but I couldn't even take one breath without habitual thoughts popping up.
    When you didn't know how to walk, you didn't just get up and run out the door to join a passing marathon to walk forever more. You had to learn how to do that skill you wanted to do and then practice it until you got good enough at that skill to do it consistently and on your command.

    That's the same thing with every skill that you now have. So, it makes sense that there would be a similar thing with this skill that you're using here.

    So, this might be something good that's come out of this for you?

    I want to add that there's a common misunderstanding about meditation. Sure, the intention is to quiet the mind. However, to do that, meditation is the act of bringing your mind back when it wanders away. So, if you're having your random thoughts (and we all do), as long as you are aware that you have your random thoughts and then you consciously decide to redirect your focus back to your focal point (breathing, whathaveyou), your redirecting IS you meditating. That makes your meditation a "success" (if there can be such a thing as "success" in meditation).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •