Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: using my emotional guidance to find BFTS

Absolutely it could be something good. And I know it's a skill like learning how to ride a bycycle obviously you ain't going to get it immediately but I intend to continue practising.

(I'm wondering whether to change the title of this thread and remove the world events aspect. There are a few other topics I want to soothe in this thread. )

Quote Originally Posted by lauriewinter09 View Post
    (I'm wondering whether to change the title of this thread and remove the world events aspect. There are a few other topics I want to soothe in this thread. )
    When you've decided on a title that feels better to you and focuses in a way that you like, just PM any Moderator with your new title and we can make the change for you.

So I've been distracting myself from the world events. Now I'm having another go at this topic:
    I have seen posts on facebook about parents wishing that they could leave a better world for their children where they can go to concerts and play out in the streets etc. There are a lot of People really really wishing for a whole world with no contrast at all which is not possible.
    Did i really want to be born into a world where it's sunshine and lollipops and rainbows 24/7. NO!! That would make me puke. I can't speak for anyone else but I don't think I came here for that.
    I certainly don't condone the killing of children or blowing up bombs in public places.....but this is the environment I chose to come into.
    I know that is the best feeling thing I can come up with. I know I can't jump from "this is all f#@ked up" to happy clappy joyful oh it's all wonderful type of thoughts because it's not possible. But going over my notebook the only thing I wonder to myself is: am I just venting and dwelling on my negative emotion? What is the line between that and happy face stickering?
    Actually I already know the answer....happy face stickering doesn't feel good either.
    Over the last month or so I have basically been on the bottom half of the emotional guidance scale, making statements, doing a combination of moving up the scale/upstream/ downstream processesseeing . And I have been doing it on a variety of subjects.
    I like the idea of molding the clay. Of being a creator. Of the creative power of thought. And I
    Want to get better at guiding my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by lauriewinter09 View Post
    I like the idea of molding the clay. Of being a creator. Of the creative power of thought. And I
    Want to get better at guiding my thoughts.
    Now, don't these thoughts feel better? Maybe these thoughts might be a better starting point for you.

Totally. I am capable of thinking thoughts since I am the one who thinks them. Nobody else does. I might not do it perfectly but I do it. And those thoughts create my experience. So I have some degree of power there

[Putting words in your mouth]
    As an artist, I understand the creative process. The creative process thrills me. I like taking my thoughts and molding them and nurturing them, coaxing then into something more. I love taking a simple thought or an idea and a blank canvas and crafting something more--from the blocking of the background to the structure of the figures, adding layer upon layer upon layer, building from the general block into the specific details.

This is my jam. These are my skills. I was built for this. I studied this. I've played with this....

I know I started this thread about world events but I digress slightly here I'm going to mention work and various processes I have used today.
    Tried to using a focus wheel to feel better about work but it didn't really work. I got about 6 statements around the circle but if anything I got more ornery and pissed off. I did the focus wheel about an hour before starting work....not really a good time to do it, I was facing the day ahead at work. I felt like I was falling out of that airplane without the parachute. This is a topic (work/employment) that has a lot of negative momentum. So this morning I decided not to bother applying a specific process, I just let the day at work play out. I was going to wait until I finished work and take another run at this....
    So I finish work and what I wanted to do was focus more on the wanted aspects of this situation and pivot more to the wanted. (I'm re reading MLOA)
    I know what I don't want: I don't want to stuck in this job, I don't like being stuck and bored.

What I do want: I want work that satisfies and fulfills me

I don't know all the specifics of what I want. But I do want to be aware of my thoughts and guide them to what I want.
    I want work that inspires and excites me. And I want to feel freed up. I want to be inspired and to inspire.
    I don't want my work to feel like work at all: I want it flow effortlessly, gracefully, not even noticing the clock ticking. No micromanaging, no clock watching, no bean counting, no shifting hunks of crap from a to b. Just ease and flow.
    I want to marry things that feel like enjoyment and work in the same way many of the most successful people in our culture have managed.
    I like making a difference. I like making my own individual impact. I like feeling creative. I want work that gives me plenty of scope to be creative. I like moulding the clay. I like feeling powerful.
    That story does feel better
    Of course, my thoughts do shift back to what is and all the specifics. But I like identifying what I want and finding thoughts that are more aligned with my desires. It feels good.

Me rambling: my life is nowhere near perfect. But I love the feeling of moulding the clay. I love being creative. That is what I am! Creative.
    I cannot not be creative. I am actively creating the thoughts in my own mind whether I realise I am or not. And I like the feeling of being creative.

Ok today I fell into the bushes....woke up this morning completely overwhelmed, my thoughts going over and over all the world problems and events. And I'm going over and over all my own life problems. I feel weighed down and can't distract myself. I can't figure out which process to use to feel better. I now have a collection of notebooks, each one for a different process but I dont even feel motivated to meditate.Iy just look at the day ahead a feel like I have the weight of the world on me. Its always mornings that are a struggle.
    I feel like I have no choice but to put on that happy face sticker and carry on with the day. I try to find a BFT and I just cannot right now. Oh dear.

Rather than put on a HFS (which doesn't make a difference vibrationally and only causes internal tension within us physical humans) can you make peace with your Overwhelment? Because even your Overwhelment, as unpleasant as it seems to you, is something that's working out for you.

But don't jump to the "How is this working out for me?" bit right now. Instead, simply be aware that your Overwhelment is something that is working out for you right now and see if you can find relief around that, accurate idea.