Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: using my emotional guidance to find BFTS

Yeah since that last post I managed to do some meditation. I also managed to do some self soothing after listening to a couple of videos.
    Mornings are generally the time when I notice my resistance most. I look at everything that's going on in my life and the world around and feel overwhelmed. Or indeed my thoughts about what's happening in the world.
    To be honest, there are days when I wake up and I kind of think I would rather be in NP. It's not even like I want to croak .....But it's like I don't want to clunk around in the physical world, I just want to sort of withdraw.
    Yeah I know HSINg makes no difference vibrationally. But obviousley I go to work and, me being sensitive to what people around me are doing, I can tell when people are putting on a big fat happy face sticker.

And here we go again, morning. And all I can do is moan over and over again about my day ahead at work. Seriously hating my job and cannot find one single BFT about work. I'm literally done with my job.

Quote Originally Posted by lauriewinter09 View Post
    And here we go again, morning. And all I can do is moan over and over again about my day ahead at work.
    How's that working out for you? (Seems to be bringing you more to moan about and making it easier for you to moan about it. "You get what you think about, whether you want it or not.")

Use your emotional guidance system. Reach for something which feels better. That's what this thread is for.

Yeah since that last post I managed to do some meditation. I also managed to do some self soothing after listening to a couple of videos.
    Mornings are generally the time when I notice my resistance most. I look at everything that's going on in my life and the world around and feel overwhelmed. Or indeed my thoughts about what's happening in the world.
    To be honest, there are days when I wake up and I kind of think I would rather be in NP. It's not even like I want to croak .....But it's like I don't want to clunk around in the physical world, I just want to sort of withdraw.
    Yeah I know HSINg makes no difference vibrationally. But obviousley I go to work and, me being sensitive to what people around me are doing, I can tell when people are putting on a big fat happy face sticker.
    lauriewinter09,

You are trying to do too much in one moment....trying to fix your personal world and the outer world. Slow down. Enjoy your morning coffee or tea or juice. Enjoy taking your morning shower. Enjoy stepping out into the freshness of the day. Take your life one moment at a time. It's worth it.

You are always in non-physical....and simply focused on this human experience.

Expect a better morning...and then a better afternoon....and then a better evening....don't expect the worst. Expect to feel freer....more inspired.

Ok I can slow down. Right nowI feel frustration and pissy and I can genuinely make some peace with that. I allow myself to feel pissed off, I can allow it, it's been a long time in the making and I feel even worse when I try and ignore it.It's actually ok to have negative emotion.

I can just take one thing at a time
    Whether I am at work or not I can be a little nicer to myself. Whether I completely buy into LOA or not it's not going to hurt to feel relief with my thoughts. I appreciate the non physical and the laws of the universe that abe talks of, but right now that's too much for me to think about.

There really isn't anywhere I need to rush to right now.All these years I have been moaning and complaining about my work, but really it has gotten me nowhere so I might as well give it a rest.

I do ok, I guess.

Ok I can slow down. Right nowI feel frustration and pissy and I can genuinely make some peace with that. I allow myself to feel pissed off, I can allow it, it's been a long time in the making and I feel even worse when I try and ignore it.It's actually ok to have negative emotion.
    Is it actually ok to have negative emotion? Or are those just words?
    Or a different way to approach this is "Why is it actually ok for you to have negative emotions?"

Take a moment to think of this for yourself, to find your own ideas. Because then, when you find those ideas for yourself (and truly feel them) you can build up this "ok" thing (in the midst of all those other crappy things) for yourself.

For example, someone might write:

"It's actually ok to have negative emotion.--Nah, you know what? I don't believe that. Negative emotion sucks. But Abraham have explained to me why I have negative emotion. I like knowing why I have negative emotion. They've explained to me that I create my negative emotion. At first, that idea felt a little blameful but I'm beginning to understand that because I create my emotions (all of them) I can learn more about how I create my emotions so that I can start learning how to create emotions that I want. Ooo, I like that feeling. I like the idea that I can learn how to create emotions that I want. I like that it's a skill I can learn. I like that I already have the tools. I like that I also have access to the knowledge. All of that, I've already done.

"It's like I've already bought the paint, the brushes and other tools, the canvases, the easel and I've already taken the course. Now, all I have to do is paint and I like painting. And I remember, from how I learned to paint, that part of my learning curve there was painting things I didn't want or didn't like. And I also remember, from that experience, that painting things I didn't want or didn't like as how I learned. And I also remember, from that experience, that once I really got into my painting, the times I found myself painting things I didn't want or didn't like became less and less. I remember that.

"Abraham call our emotions 'guidance.' You know something? That's something I didn't really have during my learning curve of painting and I can see how that would have been really helpful. 'Guidance' is like have a set of cheat codes. 'Come this way.' 'Not that way.' That would have been really handy and I can find some thoughts about how it's really handy now.

"Abraham tell us that when we have negative emotions, that's our indicator that we're having a 'Step 1 moment.' That's when we're launching our RoDs, adding stuff to our Vortex and not keeping up with that expansion. That's why our negative emotion feels bad in the way it does. I've heard them say that, but I've yet to see it. But, damn, wouldn't it be sweet if that was really true? I mean, because I've put a crap-ton of stuff in my Vortex. I can tell because of all the misery I've had in my life. I must have put more than anyone else in the world in my Vortex.--

"Hang on! Cheat codes. Games. Jackpots. Wait a minute! If I have the cheat codes (and Abraham tell me that I do), then if I can just figure out how to use my cheat codes more each day.... Well, the cheat codes are really only one, that 'feel better' they're always yammering about on the Forum. If I can figure out how to use my cheat code and feel better, then I'm going to have more fun playing my game and I know (from my history) that my prizes as I play my game are going to be really cool. That's a game I'd be eager to play...."

There really isn't anywhere I need to rush to right now.All these years I have been moaning and complaining about my work, but really it has gotten me nowhere so I might as well give it a rest.
    Again, let's check in here. Why might you give it a rest? Build up your case for this, for yourself. If you might as well give it a rest because some nosey Jell-O mold is sticking his nose where it doesn't belong, that's going to be a different kettle of fish than if you understand that your pissing, moaning and complaining about your work hasn't been effective (in terms of your manifested results) AND that it also feels crappy as you do it, you see?'

If your quoted comment is really based on the latter, then talk yourself out of that limp "might as well" perspective into an attitude of "this is my decision and it's a good decision for me (for these reasons) and I'm looking forward to following through on my decision, in part because I'm looking forward to the relief and in part because I like following through on my intentions on my own behalf...."

Firstly a technical question. I want to quote yours and other people's posts, but I'm not sure how to do it. I'm right now using my smartphone.

Second, wellbeing i read your last post a few times and when I first read it, I felt slightly aggravated. It's like Yeah I feel angry, frustrated surely I have a right to that feeling cos I'm feeling it. It felt a bit like blame.
    But then i really have gone over your question: why is it ok for me to have negative emotions?
    I don't want to throw words around, yeah it's a nice soundbite saying it's ok to have negative emotion. But, being honest... no. Of course it's not ok to have negative emotion because it's not actually ok, it feels....well bad?? It's not ok because it's not ok and it feels bad.
    There is not much guesswork involved here. I can tell by the way I feel what path I am on.
    Whilst in the past I directly blamed events and circumstances for how I felt and being honest...still do. But I can also see how when I take all those outer circumstances and events out of the equation, i cazn see how my thoughts and emotions are the same. For example i have been blaming work for feeling angry and pissed off. But when i have finished work, I have had moments of insight where i knew a lot of the day I had created with my own thought. I do know to a certain degree that my thoughts and my feelings are connected. And that is something that I can build on because thinking is something that I do all day every day, it's just that I have not been deliberate about it.
    It's really easy because I can actually tell the difference between a thought that feels bad and a thought that feels good. Or even a better feeling thought.

Another answer to your question: is it really ok? It depends how you define ok? Do we mean socially acceptable.
    In the UK we have this stiff-upper lip culture where no matter what you must keep a smile on your face etc. I work in retail where I face the public and have to put on a pleasant demeanour.
    But literally the only relief I get sometimes, and I know this goes against a lot of self help movement, is me and other collegues bitching and moaning about customers and the incompetence of the company. Even in my own head I get some pleasure in handing my notice in and storming out.
    Now it probably isn't ok to feel negative emotion if we mean acceptable to society, to my family, to work even to certain members of this forum. But I've been depressed and sat in a room crying over this matter to the extreme of being ready to hit someone over the head with a beaseball bat. As unpleasant as that sounds, it feels slightly better even though it makes me seem like a bad person. But in this context I would say, compared to feeling completely miserable, wanting to assault some or storm out of my place of work is "OK"

Also who gets to decide what is "ok"?" Ok" changes and is temporary....As an artist I can look at paintings I did five years ago and think yeah they were great at the time. But looking back, they are Sub standard to what I do now. They were just a starting point to what I do now. The same with my thoughts. I can mould my thoughts the same way...

Hi Lauriewinter.. I love this..

Also who gets to decide what is "ok"?" Ok" changes and is temporary....As an artist I can look at paintings I did five years ago and think yeah they were great at the time. But looking back, they are Sub standard to what I do now. They were just a starting point to what I do now. The same with my thoughts. I can mould my thoughts the same way...
    Cheering you on!

But literally the only relief I get sometimes, and I know this goes against a lot of self help movement, is me and other collegues bitching and moaning about customers and the incompetence of the company. Even in my own head I get some pleasure in handing my notice in and storming out.

Yesterday at the park, I observed this sweet little boy…about 3 years old with his older sister about 5 years old. He went up to his sister and gently asked her for food to feed the pigeons. She readily gave him some crumbs. Then he took the crumbs and aggressively threw them at the pigeons…doing a wild kick….and thrashing his arms about. The pigeons flew away, trying to protect themselves against the onslaught. I wanted to say, “Be gentler. Don’t scare them, if you truly want to feed them,” but he was so adorable even in his aggression, and the pigeons can fly away. When he leaves, the food will still be available on the ground…and they can peacefully eat it….and so nothing has gone wrong.

And sometimes we throw positive thoughts at ourselves aggressively, like the boy…when it’s too much for us at that moment. We may need to be in the bad mood for a bit. The good thoughts will always be there for us to seek later, they have not gone anywhere.

Your best better feeling thoughts may be negative like…"I’m not the only one that gets frustrated with these customers and work environment. There are many people in the world that feel the same way about their work conditions. There are many people playing roles at work, pretending pleasantries when they are truly irritated. Putting on a bright smile seems to be expected in the retail environment."

Then though your thoughts are still negative….they feel better…and then you find thoughts that are still on the negative side, but less negative….and soon you feel more peaceful. From peace…some other better feeling thoughts appear...and more joy.