Thread: where is my thread?

where is my thread?

i cannot find the only thread I posted in the abe teachings and you
    Can you post me the link?
    I have accessed my profile and selected show threads or posts but there are no results
    I googled the title and restricted the search to this site but there are no results.

Unfortunately, it seems like your thread was one of the threads that was lost in our recent technical snafu. In order to repair that problem, David had to use an older back-up, which resulted in the loss of some posts.

Feel free to open a new thread, if you'd like.

But I never got to read the answers for quite sometime since I was unable to access the forum due to technical issues!

Quote Originally Posted by practicebyignoring View Post
    But I never got to read the answers for quite sometime since I was unable to access the forum due to technical issues!
    Fortunately, you had read the replies before the technical issues (because you had responded to the replies) and fortunately, you have set your subscription settings to send you an email notification, which includes the texts of replies posted by others to your thread, to the email address associated with your Forum account. So, you may still have those emails even in the Trash folder of your email account.

Those would be thoughts which are true and which would feel better than the Powerlessness that you're presently focusing upon here.

Beyond that, David, our Technical Wizard and our host, has done everything humanly possible to get us back up and running. If he had been able to save the posts from thosedays, he would have done so.

Thank you WB, and yes, all stops were pulled out to save as much as possible. As it was, about a week of posts were lost, the second week the forum was mostly down, so it was only a week. it was a matter of losing a week to save the forum's million posts, and work for hours and hours, or just starting from scratch all over again. What happened was a very rare event, in fact I believe has only happened once before in 10 years of the forum being online. I pay a premium to have posts backed up every day. And the service just happened to go faulty as the same time the forum software did. A perfect storm, as it were. We are back now, all backup systems are working. Should never be more than a day lost, and even that, is extremely rare.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Fortunately, you had read the replies before the technical issues (because you had responded to the replies) and fortunately, you have set your subscription settings to send you an email notification, which includes the texts of replies posted by others to your thread, to the email address associated with your Forum account. So, you may still have those emails even in the Trash folder of your email account.

Those would be thoughts which are true and which would feel better than the Powerlessness that you're presently focusing upon here.

Beyond that, David, our Technical Wizard and our host, has done everything humanly possible to get us back up and running. If he had been able to save the posts from thosedays, he would have done so.
    Ok got you. I did not know that the forum crushed at that point. Thanks!