Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: help with hate/rage

  1. #1

    help with hate/rage

    Does anyone have a link to an Abraham clip where they guide someone from powerlessness, feeling trapped, overwhelmed with rage or on the verge of committing a murder/suicide? (general process)

    thank you

  2. #2
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14,979
    The Biggest Missing Piece?

    He's not murderous but he's pretty powerless and disillusioned and angry. Abraham meet him with great love.

  3. #3
    Super Kitty Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tempe, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    9,458
    First, if you believe you're going to hurt yourself or someone else, we urge you to seek professional help. Neither Abraham nor the Forum are intended to be a substitute for medical, psychological or psychiatric care.

    From the Abraham-Hicks YouTube Channel:
    Abraham: FROM GRIEF TO JOY

    The complete recording/DVD is available here.


  4. #4
    Ive learned how to slow down negative momentum. Ive also been doing a good job of not even starting to go down the unwanted path. But is this enough if the best feeling I feel all day is boredom? Youve told me that 68 seconds is not necessary but every Abraham video I watch regarding positive momentum, 'holding it for at least a minutes' is always mentioned. What am I not getting?

  5. #5
    What processes are you applying now?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by practicebyignoring View Post
    What processes are you applying now?
    I dont know, I just want to get into the vortex and feel on top of the world am wondering if I just steer away from negative thoughts for the next few days, will my vibration raise on the scale automatically or is starting positing momentum by going super general or holding no thought for 68 seconds is necessary to get over the hump. Because I try that all the time but it only works 1/100 of the time.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    I dont know, I just want to get into the vortex and feel on top of the world am wondering if I just steer away from negative thoughts for the next few days, will my vibration raise on the scale automatically or is starting positing momentum by going super general or holding no thought for 68 seconds is necessary to get over the hump. Because I try that all the time but it only works 1/100 of the time.
    Maybe you need to listen to Abraham's Hick on youtube channel 22- processes. You can apply them consciously to move up the emotional guidance scale (EGS).

  8. #8
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14,979
    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    Ive learned how to slow down negative momentum.

    So, tell us: given that your original question was about being overwhelmed by negative momentum, what was going on there? You see, this statement here and that experience you shared with us seem to contradict each other. So, give us more here and let’s see if we can make more sense of it. (Normally, I’d wait to hear back from you about this, but since you’ve PM’d me, I’ll “shoot first and ask questions later.”)

    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    Ive also been doing a good job of not even starting to go down the unwanted path. But is this enough if the best feeling I feel all day is boredom? Youve told me that 68 seconds is not necessary but every Abraham video I watch regarding positive momentum, 'holding it for at least a minutes' is always mentioned. What am I not getting?

    Until I hear more from you, I’m going to suggest that what you’re really doing is tolerating your negative emotion. That’s different from Boredom*. When we tolerate our negative emotion, it’s like putting our issue on the backburner but it’s still on the heat and eventually it boils over, as it seems to have in your OP.

    So, from your comments, it would appear that that either you might not actually be effectively accomplishing that “better” feeling that Abraham recommend (That’s supported by your “I don’t know” reply to our friend.) or that you are able to accomplish some relief but then you diminish or dismiss that relief because it’s “not ITV” or “not 68 seconds” or not “positive momentum” or whatever unrealistic criteria you might be using for your judgement. And you might be using these unrealistic criteria because your intention isn’t to “feel better,” as Abraham teach, but to play Abraham’s silly games in order to get your stuff or fix your problems, etc. IOW, you’re doing what Abraham often teasingly accuse us of doing, “Yeah, yeah, Abraham, I’ll play your silly games. I’ll get ITV if that gets me my stuff.” That “ulterior motive” (as we sometimes call it here on the Forum) gets in the way--both of the relief that you really want to be getting as well as in the getting of your stuff.

    As to your questions about positive momentum, vibrational momentum (of any flavor) isn’t your job. It’s a natural by-product of how the LoA functions. If you offer a vibration for as little as 16 or 17 seconds (Abraham has shaved this number in recent times), LoA will bring to you a thought which matches that vibration. That’s the beginning of the process of momentum (of any flavor). As you keep offering that vibration, that process continues. The momentum builds (or “gets bigger,” as Abraham used to joke) and eventually you can discern that momentum.

    Since the goal of these teachings isn’t to establish momentum (once again, that’s not our job; that’s the LoA’s job), I have told you in the past that the 68 seconds isn’t important to the application of these teachings. With these teachings, you do what you can do and if your emotional guidance is letting you know that you’re not doing what you want to do, you adjust what you’re doing so that you feel better.

    Abraham (and we) talk a lot about the “vibrational journey.” As the Chinese saying goes, “a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” It’s like when you were learning to walk. You take the best step that you can take. You’re going to get feedback. (When you are walking, your feedback will look like whether you’re still upright or on the floor, what’s going on with your physical body, whether you headed in the desired direction, etc. When you’re doing this “work,” your feedback will come through how you feel.) You use that feedback and proceed accordingly. Maybe all you can do is to take your single step and then you may need to regroup or restrategize or simply rest. But your single step still counts. In fact, it still counts even if your single step wasn’t in the direction you wanted to go. Hear that! Everything we learn, we learn through trial-and-error. So, even when you didn’t go in the direction you had wanted, there’s still value in your step. “When you know what you don’t, you know more clearly what you do want.”

    When you were learning how to walk, you would have made that learning process a lot more unpleasant for yourself, if you were to judge whether you were standing upright or walking or falling or not walking where you wanted to go, etc. and if you were to beat yourself up every time you didn’t live up to those criteria. You are free to do that here, with this skill you’re learning, but you’re not going to “feel better” when you do so. Again, not a problem. That’s just yet another opportunity for you to learn and to practice this skill that you want to learn. “Ooo! More opportunity to do this thing that I want to do!” But, I know. You’re not viewing your manifestation in that way. But you can.

    That might be another thing that you’re doing: You may only be willing to reach for your “better” feeling about your stuff and might be willing to tolerate your negative emotion about other topics because those other topics don’t seem to be related to your stuff. That’s a by-product of that ulterior motive I was talking about above. When your true intention is to feel better, then you’d feel the hit of your self-judgement and then use the skills that you have to feel better on that topic and this topic and that other topic and these “inconsequential” topics over here. Not only does this help you to feel better more often, but it also has the added benefit of turning down the heat on your topic on the back-burner. You have more vibrational resilience so your topic is less likely to boil over.

    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    I dont know, I just want to get into the vortex and feel on top of the world am wondering if I just steer away from negative thoughts for the next few days, will my vibration raise on the scale automatically or is starting positing momentum by going super general or holding no thought for 68 seconds is necessary to get over the hump.

    So, look at your question. It’s the textbook example of “doing this work to fix my problem.” You’re saying to us “I [really, really] don’t like where I am or how I’m feeling, so I’m going to fix that.” That’s why you’re mired in “17 or 68 seconds” or “Am I ITV yet? And for how long?” etc.

    Now, it’s all right that this is what’s going on. But this approach gets in your way in yet another way. As you look for your solutions (“Get positive momentum going”, “Get ITV”, “Do this for a full 68 seconds”, etc.), you’re reaching too far from what you’ve been practicing. You’re insisting you jump from the ground floor to the top floor of Marc’s tall building. Even here, there’s value, because you’re showing yourself that your solution-oriented approach doesn’t work. The LoA won’t let you accomplish what you’re insisting on accomplishing--not in a single go--just like gravity won’t let you jump from the ground floor to the top floor of Marc’s tall building.

    That being said, the answer to your question is to feel better about more topics of your life more of the time today than you did yesterday and then to continue that intention tomorrow and the next day and…. And to keep in mind that the “better” that I’m talking about here might look like (thoughts of) Rage, if you’re starting in Fear/.../Powerlessness. Or it might look like “a little less crappy” when you start with “crappy.”
    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    Because I try that all the time but it only works 1/100 of the time.

    So, you’re saying that it worked 1 time? Isn’t that a success? Because that’s got to feel better than focusing on the 999 times it didn’t work.

    One last thing: As you know, I’ve chimed in a number of your threads and I’m happy to do so. But I’ve noticed that our conversations tend to stay this abstract, principle-based level. And I can understand why that’s not helping you apply the theory in your real life. So, perhaps it might be more helpful for you to bring a piece of something that you’re living, along with a Process that you’d like to use, and perhaps we can help you with taking these teachings out of the theory so that you can effectively apply the theory to your actual life.


    *Boredom, on the Scale, is a broad view of what you’re living. You’re looking out over all that you’re experiencing and you’ve come to the conclusion that, whilst none of what you’re living is going wrong, none of what you’re living catches your fancy. It’s a very neutral state.


  9. #9
    Ive been practicing this one really deep belief for almost as long as I live, I'm pretty sure it's behind most of the unwanted things in my life and it took me a while to figure it out

    -------

    specific negative
    I look in the mirror and i see that I'm balding and i feel powerless and afraid and angry

    general negative
    It took a while but I finally figured out that it's fear of being judged/not liked by others

    gen positive
    i'm pretty sure the solution is in the vortex and I know that ill never really be liked by every single person, no one is, I dont think I would even want that

    the real reason this is bothering me is because Im actually thinking about it. My focus is whats causing the pain and all I have to do is stop it

    I did it, I feel relief

    --------


    that should be good enough right? I just have to do about a hundred thousand time because of how often it comes up but theres nothing more to it, right?

  10. #10
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    14,979
    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    Ive been practicing this one really deep belief for almost as long as I live, I'm pretty sure it's behind most of the unwanted things in my life and it took me a while to figure it out

    -------

    specific negative
    I look in the mirror and i see that I'm balding and i feel powerless and afraid and angry

    general negative
    It took a while but I finally figured out that it's fear of being judged/not liked by others
    OK, thanks for sharing this. Pop quiz time: which of these two statements feels better.

    From my perspective, your General Negative is just an explanation of your Specific Negative. There's no shift, so I would be surprised if you told that your General Negative statement, as written here, feel better.

    That being said, you can take what you'd written here and tweak it so that you could feel some relief (And I'm not going to slavishly follow this particular Process):
    specific negative

    • I look in the mirror and i see that I'm balding and i feel powerless and afraid and angry


    general negative

    • It took a while but I finally figured out that it's fear of being judged/not liked by others.
    • Ooo! Look at that! I figured something out. I stuck with this and I poked and prodded from all different angles and something clicked for me.
    • Man, that feels good when that light bulb goes off. I like that feeling.
    • It feels like movement.
    • It feels like the road opening.
    • It feels like fresh air.
    • Movement. Hmm, you know something? I'd been telling myself that I've been making no progress. But I figured something out. I went from not knowing or understanding something to knowing or understanding that something in a way that has meaning for me.

    Now, that doesn't get your hair to grow back (or your "solution," from your next statement) but it is a nice step towards your Vortex.

    Now, maybe that's as far as I can get on that run (which, BTW, for those time-keepers at home, was 7 minutes of reaching for and finding relief.), but I want MOAR! That was good. Lemme see what else I can get from this:
    specific negative

    • I look in the mirror and i see that I'm balding and i feel powerless and afraid and angry


    general negative

    • It took a while but I finally figured out that it's fear of being judged/not liked by others.
    • OK, you know something? This is actually a good thing. I mean, Abraham tell me that every emotion (including my fear) is because of the thoughts that I think.
    • And I've been studying this Abraham business for a while, so I have some ideas about what to do about my thoughts.
    • I can't figure out how to stop my hair from falling out. (So, that sucks.) But I have my tools which I'd been studying so I can figure out how to shift my thoughts about this. (<evil cackle> Ooo! Something else to figure out! And I know how I like that!)
    • So, wait a minute! That's a shift! That was a shift. I can tell. I can feel it. I shifted from Powerlessness (about my baldness) to reclaim some of my power (using my knowledge and Processes to shift my perspective). I feel less Powerlessness now. That counts! [Again, that didn't cause your hair to grow but it did feel better.--WB.]
    • And you know what? I don't even know what anyone else is thinking. I'm not a mind-reader.
    • Anything that I think they're thinking is just that--my thought. I don't know. Maybe that sour expression on their puss is from that gas station sushi they had for lunch. I don't know.
    • Since what I think about they're thinking is just my thought, I can use my Abraham techniques to work on my thoughts about what I suppose they're thinking. I can do that.

    I can go on, but that was 11 minutes of relief-giving focus.

    So, from just these two statements and with an intention to feel better, I was able to get some considerable runs of relief. Those runs didn't grow any hair for me and no one came into this room to tell me...well, anything. And I can't even say that these thoughts are anywhere near "the Vortex." But they were considerable, palpable runs of relief.

    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    gen positive
    i'm pretty sure the solution is in the vortex and I know that ill never really be liked by every single person, no one is, I dont think I would even want that
    Again, take your Pop Quiz, comparing this line with your original General Negative line.

    Now, let's add a second question to our Pop Quiz: Which of the ideas in this line are actually true for you? Because "pretty sure" tells that you're not really sure, so that's not it. And although you say you don't want to be liked by every single person, your "truth" is really more that you believe that the people you want to like you won't like you because of what your hair is doing, isn't it? (It's all right that it is.) So, I would either make those ideas seem true to me or I wouldn't use them in my "work." That's too far of a stretch from where you are vibrationally. That's part of you either trying to complete the Process or to get up the Scale, rather than feeling better. There's nothing about lying to ourselves in these teachings because lying to ourselves doesn't feel better, does it? (This is why Abraham tell us the story about the HFS.)

    Notice how right there, in black-and-white, you tell us what your actual motive is: "...the solution..." You're going to want to make "feeling better" more of a priority than "the solution" going forward.

    One other observation: I'm hard-pressed to find the "positive" in those ideas. It seems to me that the focus of the ideas in your statement is focused more on what you don't want, rather than on what you do want. In doing this Process, when we shift from General Negative to General Positive, we're shifting our focus--in a very general way--from what we don't want towards what we do want. So, I don't know that, if this were my "work," I would consider that line of yours as a General Positive statement.

    As you know (and as you can see from my "work" here), when I personally do this Process, I like to get a few statements under each heading before seeing if I can shift them under the next heading. Having a few statements (as opposed to the single statements that you've posted here and in your Practicing thread) gives me an opportunity to actually feel what I'm doing so I have a better chance of actually feeling my shifts. If I can't feel my shifts, then this becomes an intellectual exercise, which doesn't shift your vibration, which is part of why you're having the experience that you were telling us about. The LoA doesn't respond to the words we use to fill in any Abraham Process. The LoA responds to our vibration. The Abraham Processes are tools to help us shift our vibration, but it's only by paying attention to how we feel that we can tell if we're shifting our vibration.

    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    the real reason this is bothering me is because Im actually thinking about it. My focus is whats causing the pain and all I have to do is stop it

    I did it, I feel relief
    Good for you.

    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    that should be good enough right?
    "...good enough" for what? (Careful! That's a trick question.)

    Quote Originally Posted by y4nix View Post
    I just have to do about a hundred thousand time because of how often it comes up but theres nothing more to it, right?
    Once again, Pop Quiz time: How does "a hundred thousand time" feel to you? Are you starting to see how you use your numbers in ways that are not helpful to you?

    Well, if it comes up, then you're thinking about once again. You then have the option to think about something else or you can shift the way that you think about.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •