Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: why do negative manifestations still occur after you've shifted your vibration?

  1. #1

    why do negative manifestations still occur after you've shifted your vibration?

    i've had negative momentum going for a while. honestly, it's kind of become my "normal" vibration. but every day i wake up, i do the work to try and feel better. however, it seems like every time i finally manage to get back itv, i'm soon met with an unpleasant manifestation that knocks me right back out. is this manifestation because of the negative momentum? how am i supposed to build positive momentum if each time i start to, something negative happens and takes all the wind out of my sails? all i do is try to feel better any way that i can, over and over i do this. but i can't seem to gain any actual traction?

  2. #2
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,094
    Quote Originally Posted by little sunflower View Post
    i've had negative momentum going for a while. honestly, it's kind of become my "normal" vibration. but every day i wake up, i do the work to try and feel better. however, it seems like every time i finally manage to get back itv, i'm soon met with an unpleasant manifestation that knocks me right back out. is this manifestation because of the negative momentum?
    Your manifestation is because of some vibration that you're offering, yes. And doesn't it make sense that, if you'd been doing something (anything) for long enough and consistently enough that it seems "normal" to you, it's going to take a little practice until this other thing that you've decided to do begins to take hold?

    Notice I didn't say that this new, other thing that you've decided to do needs to become "normal." Don't worry about that. And besides, that's inevitable if you continue with your practice.

    But I do want to highlight another piece of these teachings, which might help you with this. Every thing (every thought, person, place, object, experience, etc.) is actually a mixture of unwanted (by you) aspects and wanted (by you) aspects. This means that even though you're talking about these manifestations as being "unpleasant," they do have wanted (by you) aspects. It's just that, in your telling of your story, you're not yet focusing there. But you could, which would make these manifestations be less "unpleasant" to you. Or another way of saying that would be "...which would make you feel better," which is Abraham's "only one answer."

    If you can remember back to when you were learning to walk, most of that time (particularly in the beginning) you spent a lot of time falling down. IOW, a lot of that time was you walking in an "unpleasant" fashion (AKA not walking). But you were able to focus beyond your not-walking towards how much you wanted to walk, so eventually you hauled your rump off the ground and did it again. That is simply part of the process. And if you were like a lot of the babies I get to see, you actually enjoyed the process.

    So, you might want to soothe for yourself, to make your "unpleasant" manifestations less of a big deal for you, just the way that you did when you fell down as you were learning how to walk.

    Quote Originally Posted by little sunflower View Post
    how am i supposed to build positive momentum if each time i start to, something negative happens and takes all the wind out of my sails?
    What's your goal here? Is it to build positive momentum? Is it to fix your momentum problem (of "I've had negative momentum going for a while....")? Is it to play Abraham's silly games so that you can get your stuff? And you don't have to post the answer here. Answer this honestly for yourself. No cheating, because the LoA will know if you're cheating.

    Or is to feel better?

    Because when your intention is truly to feel better (as Abraham teach us), then it can be an easier (and better-feeling) conversation to say, "OK, I was feeling better. (Yay, me!) And now I'm feeling less better. (Who am I kidding? I feel crappy.) But since my intention is to feel better, I know what to do about my crappy feeling."

    IOW, you can talk yourself into hauling your rump off the floor and give "walking" (or your alignment "work") another go. You're never going to get it done. So, you might as well learn ways to haul yourself up, dust yourself off and continue doing what you have decided you wanted to do for yourself, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by little sunflower View Post
    all i do is try to feel better any way that i can, over and over i do this. but i can't seem to gain any actual traction?
    Learning to walk was a really good analogy here because, when you first started to learn how to walk, you spent more time not-walking (as we'd discussed). You might have called that (from a focus on the Unwanted/Lack-or-Absence end of that stick) "can't seem to gain any actual traction" with walking. But you did. Could you be taking (a negative) score too soon? That won't feel better, does it? Ooo! More guidance! Another opportunity for me to do this thing that I'd decided I wanted to do for myself!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by little sunflower View Post
    i've had negative momentum going for a while. honestly, it's kind of become my "normal" vibration. but every day i wake up, i do the work to try and feel better. however, it seems like every time i finally manage to get back itv, i'm soon met with an unpleasant manifestation that knocks me right back out. is this manifestation because of the negative momentum? how am i supposed to build positive momentum if each time i start to, something negative happens and takes all the wind out of my sails? all i do is try to feel better any way that i can, over and over i do this. but i can't seem to gain any actual traction?
    There is no such thing as a "negative manifestation", but I won't go into it. What you are experiencing is a wobble in your vibration. When you say/think things like "every time I...I'm soon met with..." that is the wobble.

  4. #4
    my goal here is to feel better and feel good more consistently. trying to get my stuff is what has caused me to be so unhappy and i realized that earlier this week. i listened to an abe recording about "getting ready to be ready" and it resonated with me because i've been trying to skip to the end and manifest things i'm not ready for. i've been in a hurry. so i decided that i want to try and go really general, and not even think about my desires for a while, because they've been causing me a lot of resistance, and i just want relief. i suppose when i talk about building positive momentum, i mean that i want to reach a state where alignment comes easily to me, and i'm so steady in my vibration that contrast hardly bugs me. i've been in the place before and that's all i really want right now, just for everything to feel easy again.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by little sunflower View Post
    my goal here is to feel better and feel good more consistently. trying to get my stuff is what has caused me to be so unhappy and i realized that earlier this week. i listened to an abe recording about "getting ready to be ready" and it resonated with me because i've been trying to skip to the end and manifest things i'm not ready for. i've been in a hurry. so i decided that i want to try and go really general, and not even think about my desires for a while, because they've been causing me a lot of resistance, and i just want relief.
    Such wonderful words. I think this core of abe's teachings gets lost so easily when looking at the 'you can have it all' shiny world and all the shiny things in it.

  6. #6
    this may be surprising given the contents of this thread but yesterday, i got into alignment and felt more connected than i ever remember being. it "clicked" with me in a way it never has before. granted, it was quite a jump from where i've been and i wasn't able to maintain it, but i take it as a win because it only could have happened because i was in the vicinity, and i take it as a manifestation of the work i've been doing.

  7. #7
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    67,798
    why do negative manifestations still occur after you've shifted your vibration?
    because you still choose to call step 1 "negative".
    While itīs the step where you are confronted with CONTRAST, which is variety to CHOOSE from. Itīs always an offer from the Universe, that is your perfect, helpful WANTED (!) next logical step, that enables you to see the options, to realize what way you focus, if you are tuned to what you want in a way that feels satisfying- aka "to mold the clay", which all puts you in the driverseat to be the Creator, that you came to be.

    Itīs NEVER going to be "perfect",
    but it can ALWAYS be satisfying.


    If you could ever have a manifested moment in time,
    that did not produce more step-1 moments, youīd be finished!

    So, you will NEVER have a manifested moment, that doesīnt
    produce more step-1 moments! Ohhhhhhhhh!!!!!
    "Abraham, that means, Iīll never gonna be happy, right???"

    NOO!!! It means that you understand, that step-1 is essential
    to the ongoing-ness of that which you are- and you DONīT
    jump to the conclusion, that you failed in creating the "perfect"
    manifestation that solved all things, for ever more!

    HS
    (...) So, itīs never gonna be perfect, right?

    Abe:
    Weīll go along with that, in fact we say:
    Itīs never going to be PERFECT,
    but itīs always gonna be SATISFYING!

    And it CANīT be perfect, because that implies "finished".
    And because youīr eternal, it CANīT be done!
    So, itīs always ongoing.


    San Francisco February 04 2017






    Here are two quote-collections with this theme:
    Quotes: In love with step 1
    Abe-quotes about step 5

  8. #8
    lemon-up's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Thriving in the Stream of Wellbeing
    Posts
    32,685
    Quote Originally Posted by little sunflower View Post
    i've had negative momentum going for a while. honestly, it's kind of become my "normal" vibration. but every day i wake up, i do the work to try and feel better. however, it seems like every time i finally manage to get back itv, i'm soon met with an unpleasant manifestation that knocks me right back out. is this manifestation because of the negative momentum? how am i supposed to build positive momentum if each time i start to, something negative happens and takes all the wind out of my sails? all i do is try to feel better any way that i can, over and over i do this. but i can't seem to gain any actual traction?
    are you telling a new story when you have step one moments? I like to focus on what could go right, or what I really want from that step one moment.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •