Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confused about making a decision.

Confused about making a decision.

Hello abers!!

I've been really enjoying doing the work lately and have had some amazing changes in my life physically and emotionally. I'm in a much better financial situation, have met new friends, traveled quite a bit and am just overall enjoying my journey. However, I have an opportunity that I somewhat started/became apart of but don't feel so good about now. I don't feel good when I think about this opportunity for many reasons. I've tried changing my focus within the opportunity and still feel a churning in my gut. So I just stop focusing on it all together and enjoy doing the things that do feel good however, I'll be enjoying my day, having fun not thinking about it and the friend that introduced me to it will contact me about it asking if I'm still interested, giving me updates etc. I know she's contact me because I was thinking about it either that, day, the previous day or the night before but I've been having trouble not allowing thoughts/talk about this opportunity not bring me down the scale. I'm not quite sure how to handle this and don't want to just quite before really getting lined up with a decision/path of least resistance.

So, what's your intention for your thread?

Because it kind of sounds like you want us to lead you along your path so that you can make your decision. That's not what Abraham teach. Instead, Abraham teach us to feel better, in this case about your opportunity, about the people involved, about what your friend is doing, about your role in attracting what your friend is doing, about your indecision, etc. So, how about picking a piece of all that, bring it to this thread, and start doing the "work" on that piece? Maybe you'll attract pointers and tips to help you do your "work."

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBri View Post
    However, I have an opportunity that I somewhat started/became apart of but don't feel so good about now.
    But presumably you were able to feel some form of good about it at one point in time, when you start/became a part of, right? So, there's that. That could be a starting point for you.

I don't feel good when I think about this opportunity for many reasons.
    So, in your post, you just went from General Negative to more Specific Negative. You're heading back towards Phoenix.

I've tried changing my focus within the opportunity...
    Have you? Because it sounds like, in your post, you're more entrenched in the unwanted focus which is causing your not-so-good feeling.

What are you doing to shift your focus? Bring a piece of it here and work on it.

So I just stop focusing on it all together and enjoy doing the things that do feel good however, I'll be enjoying my day, having fun not thinking about it and the friend that introduced me to it will contact me about it asking if I'm still interested, giving me updates etc. I know she's contact me because I was thinking about it either that, day, the previous day or the night before...
    So, you know, as a result of this experience, that you're not effectively "stop focusing on it all together," as you had intended to. That's good to know.

...but I've been having trouble not allowing thoughts/talk about this opportunity not bring me down the scale.
    It's not the thoughts/talk about this opportunity which "bring you" down the Scale. It's the thoughts that you think about the thoughts/talk/them which bring you down the Scale. And you know this is the case because, presumably, once there was a time when the thoughts/talk about this opportunity excited and uplifted you. (Otherwise, why did you start/become a part of this?)

...I'm not quite sure how to handle this and don't want to just quite before really getting lined up with a decision/path of least resistance.
    As you know, we're not here to advise you on your "Should I...?/Shouldn't I...?" question. In fact, the common human decision-making process (the rational, practical thinking, the "Should's" from authorities and the weighing of the pro's and the con's, etc.) interfere with the alignment "work" because all that human decision-making splits our energy, rather than supports our lining up of our energy. You don't figure out your PoLR (as you're doing here) and then follow it. You feel your way and the PoLR unfolds before you under your feet.

Your OP seems to be based on two flawed premises:
    • "I can't do the 'work' on this." You can, which has been the focus of my reply so far.
    • "I'm going to change the conditions so that I can feel better." We've had a bunch of those conversations before, haven't we?

And let me be clear: I'm not asking you to Focus Wheel yourself into eating worms. I'm asking you to find BFTs on all the aspects of this topic so that you can get ITV and allow your Vortex opportunity (which might be something else entirely) to flow out of your Vortex into your physical reality.

I've done work by thinking about the positives that have come from being introduced to this opportunity. including meeting new people, traveling to san jose/ san franciso for the first time, more self- confidence in my business savy skills, being introduced to people who can help me with my business. All of those thoughts do feel good. It's the thoughts that come when prompted which questions about what's going on?(I've taken some time away to raise my vibration and enjoy some high flying manifestations I had going on), are you still interested? Do you need help? And efforts to pitch/ convince me to keep going that I feel it effecting my vibe and my first instinct is to just shut it down and make it clear that I don't want to talk or focus on that right now. That request falls on deaf ears however and I start to feel the pressure of HAVING to make some type of decision soon. < That is what I'm having trouble doing the work on. I'm not looking to change any circumstance because there aren't any "bad" things going on. I'm just not sure what I want to do right so I really want to just leave it alone enjoy the rest of the good things going on this summer and come bck to that later.

Alright, so how can you soothe your feeling of being pressured to choose?

I've done work by thinking about the positives that have come from being introduced to this opportunity. including meeting new people, traveling to san jose/ san franciso for the first time, more self- confidence in my business savy skills, being introduced to people who can help me with my business. All of those thoughts do feel good.
    Great. Think more about them and why you like them and why they feel good to you and why you'd want them. Because those have to got feel better than "stop focusing on it all together."

Now, I'm guessing that these aren't the thoughts which churn your guts. So, what are your gut-churning thoughts? What are you doing to make them less gut-churning?

It's the thoughts that come when prompted which questions about what's going on?
    What are those thoughts?

...are you still interested? Do you need help?
    Because these are mere questions. Some would even call them "helpful" or "supportive" questions, but you're thinking about them as such. Why not? What thoughts are you thinking about these questions?

And efforts to pitch/ convince me to keep going...
    Do you doubt your own power? Are you so easily manipulated, strong-armed, pitched, convinced or coerced? You don't strike me as that, but I don't know. And even if you were, what are you telling yourself the consequences of being convinced might be?

...that I feel it effecting my vibe and my first instinct is to just shut it down and make it clear that I don't want to talk or focus on that right now.
    We "shut down" when we're feeling uncomfortable emotion. That's guidance. However, you've been letting your momentum build and build and build until you "instinctively" have your knee-jerk reaction. You let your momentum get out ahead of you; that's all. I'm trying to get you to shift your vibration so that your momentum doesn't get out ahead of you and so you don't have to have your knee-jerk reaction of shutting down.

That request falls on deaf ears however...
    Of course, it does. That request is an misaligned action. Furthermore, as you acknowledged in your OP, your friend isn't calling you out of the blue. You're attracting your friend's calls/texts with your active vibration. Your action of your request isn't strong enough to overcome your vibration. So, to paraphrase Pepé Le Pew, your words say, "No, no, no," but your vibe says, "Yes, yes, yes" (in terms of "Call me").

...and I start to feel the pressure of HAVING to make some type of decision soon.
    Why do you start to think that? Is there a deadline? Why do you HAVE TO? IOW, they may want a decision from you but that doesn't mean you HAVE TO. You HAVE TO breathe. You HAVE TO drink a minimum amount of water and eat a minimum amount of food within a period of days. The list of things you truly HAVE TO do is really very short.

So, what's your HAVE TO story here? Because that's another area where you can do the "work" in order to feel better.

< That is what I'm having trouble doing the work on.
    Well, you have been invited to share your "work" here and attract pointers and tips to help with that trouble, but have you noticed that, instead of doing that, you'd rather practice your unhelpful vibration by focusing on the manifesting conditions (rather than the vibrational underpinnings that we're interested in here) and by explaining what you don't want. That seems to me to be a hard way of getting the help with the trouble you're having. How do you see the help that you're seeking here to come to you?

I'm not looking to change any circumstance...
    No? You're not trying to change your friend from calling/texting you? If you're not looking to change any circumstances, why are you talking about quitting?

because there aren't any "bad" things going on.
    You're correct. There aren't any "bad" things going on (that you've told us in this thread). And yet you're thinking "bad" thoughts (in the sense that they are causing you "bad" emotions) about the not-bad things which are going on. That's something you can do the "work" on.

I'm just not sure what I want to do right so I really want to just leave it alone enjoy the rest of the good things going on this summer and come bck to that later.
    Didn't you tell us you'd been trying this approach already? Yet, your vibration is such that it calls to you these inquiries from your friend, asking you if you need help, which irk you so much.

So, here's another piece that you can also "work" on: Your resistance to doing the vibrational "work."

I'd just leave it alone... I'd line up with my change of heart, if there's need of that, and tell them I hadn't realized how little time I have for this thing at the moment so as not to burn bridges, because it's true that I may change idea again, and there wouldn't be anything wrong with that either! I wouldn't waste my precious life doing something I don't really feel like doing. And sometimes it's true that only after truly contemplating leaving it behind you realize how important something is to you.
    I have left so many things half-way... I just decided to leave the book of Camus I was reading half-way, Camus! my adored one! well I don't know that I love him anymore, things have changed. I do what I feel like doing, as long as I feel like doing it, and I don't care to be too considerate, also because people have a sixth sense for constriction and hate being put in the role of the prison guard, so you're not doing anyone a favor when you force yourself to eat that soup. Just buzz to the next flower, there's a whole garden right here!
    Also, if this has left some disappointment in the system, clarify a thing or two within yourself. You don't want those traces to be hanging. So basically the vibration will have to be cleared in any case. But I wouldn't make that a reason for trumping my emotional compass.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    What are those thoughts?
    There are lots of thoughts. I feel annoyed. It comes off as unauthentic to me when some people in the "team" who don't make it a point to speak to me any other time call to convince me to continue and offer help. Really I'm mostly just annoyed by the pushiness of it and them disguising it as them looking out for my best interest. The friend who introduced me studies abraham and the law of attraction but also tries to sway my beliefs and tell me you can't have fun all the time, sometime you have to struggle a bit to get to where you want to be, sometimes you have to do things you do want and that may not feel good right now, etc etc. It's just annoy and very off putting in terms of being apart of this.

Because these are mere questions. Some would even call them "helpful" or "supportive" questions, but you're thinking about them as such. Why not? What thoughts are you thinking about these questions?
    Those questions are fine but when I answer them they conversations end up being them pitching trying to convince me to keep going, not take a break etc.

Do you doubt your own power? Are you so easily manipulated, strong-armed, pitched, convinced or coerced? You don't strike me as that, but I don't know. And even if you were, what are you telling yourself the consequences of being convinced might be?
    No I'm not easily manipulated and I'm not feeling a fear of being convinced. It's just the conversation is the same each time. I say I just want to take some time off right now and stick to my decision and then they rest of the conversation is spent trying to get me to change my mind, mindset and telling me I need to learn to be more "coachable" in order to be more successful. I feel like I'm a square peg and they keep trying to force me into their circle mold.

So, what's your HAVE TO story here? Because that's another area where you can do the "work" in order to feel better.
    Yes I know I don't have to. I have no deadlines. My friend has a deadline to reach and my efforts would help her reach them. I guess I feel some guilt by not helping her reach that goal.

Well, you have been invited to share your "work" here and attract pointers and tips to help with that trouble, but have you noticed that, instead of doing that, you'd rather practice your unhelpful vibration by focusing on the manifesting conditions (rather than the vibrational underpinnings that we're interested in here) and by explaining what you don't want. That seems to me to be a hard way of getting the help with the trouble you're having. How do you see the help that you're seeking here to come to you?
    I'm not sure. I'm quite confused about what I do want from this situation other then to just take a break right now in peace. So that's why I am confused about how to do this wrk.

No? You're not trying to change your friend from calling/texting you? If you're not looking to change any circumstances, why are you talking about quitting?
    I don't want to quit I would like to take some time off for a month or two and focus on other things that are going well and come back and decided if I want to continue or quit then. I'm still not sure which way I'd like to go with it.

Thank you @Rose Essence this was very helpful.

There are lots of thoughts. I feel annoyed.

It’s good that you’re aware that you’re thinking a lot of thoughts around this piece of this topic. It’s those thoughts that you’re thinking that are making you feel annoyed. (I’m highlighting the “feel” to alert you to your own emotional guidance.) You’re feeling annoyed because the thoughts that you’re thinking run counter to your desires.

The Abraham solution to that is to find thoughts which make you feel less annoyed. You can start with these:
    It comes off as unauthentic to me when some people in the "team" who don't make it a point to speak to me any other time call to convince me to continue and offer help. Really I'm mostly just annoyed by the pushiness of it and them disguising it as them looking out for my best interest.

Take each of these posted statements and see if you can find a way to express the same thing or talk about the same incident as these posted statements so that your new statements still seem true yet which feel better.

Some things which might help you:

• You have been talking about how they and what they are doing are annoying you. That’s a common English expression. But that’s not the case with these teachings. It’s your thoughts about them and what they’re doing which are annoying you. When you get that, you’ll discover more flexibility to find your BFTs. When you get that, you’re not limited to trying to get them to be different or to call you to shoot the breeze. You have more options beyond that, because you have more options in the thoughts that you can think.
    • You can soften some of your words. And I’m NOT saying you’re not entitled to feel what you’re feeling. Of course, you have good reasons for feeling what you’re feeling. But you can still allow yourself to feel what you’re feeling but take the edge off, for yourself. An example: “I don’t like….” will feel better than “...unauthentic….” And again, I’m not asking you to censor yourself. I’m simply asking you to feel better.
    • Contrast is clarifying. Everything we live is Contrast. Because Contrast is clarifying, this is clarifying for you. I’m not asking you Focus Wheel yourself into eating worms. Part of “feeling better” is focusing on what you do want. (So, using my previous example, “I prefer…” is going to feel even better than “I don’t like….”) Can you have come to a clearer preference for the type of relationship you’d like to have in your partnerships? Absolutely. Will you feel better if you focus on your preference as opposed to the relationship you’re manifesting? Sure. Does that “better” count for this “work”? Youbetcha! Does everyone have to conform to your preference so that you can feel better? <buzzer sound> Nope. That’s a conditional trap.

The friend who introduced me studies abraham and the law of attraction but also tries to sway my beliefs and tell me you can't have fun all the time,...

Then they don’t understand these teachings. It is a foundation of these teachings is “Life is supposed to be fun.”

But that’s not really the point here, because you’re going to encounter a lot of people in this world who believe this:
    ...sometime you have to struggle a bit to get to where you want to be, sometimes you have to do things you do want and that may not feel good right now, etc etc. It's just annoy and very off putting in terms of being apart of this.

So, if you need them to change their beliefs so that you don’t have to feel annoyed or put off, then you’re in for a world of hurt. This is the conditional trap I’d just mentioned.

So, you’ve uncovered for yourself a belief that you need people to give up this sort of belief so that you don’t get annoyed or put off. A lot of people have that attitude, but that’s not accurate, according to these teachings. You have the ability to work yourself into some habits of thoughts where they can have their beliefs and you can have your beliefs and you can still work side-by-side in harmony.

What about her story annoys you? What thoughts do you think about her attitude which put you off?

Because we need to know what we’re “working” with, in order to “work” with them.

Those questions are fine but when I answer them they conversations end up being them pitching trying to convince me to keep going, not take a break etc.

So, let's address this from a different angle. What are your reasons for not taking this situation?

Because part of what's going on here, right now, is your splitting your energy. You're saying (to us and to them, vibrationally), “I want this thing I don't think I want.” We know some of the reasons why you do want this opportunity. You shared some of those with us yesterday. But you have other thoughts about why this is an unwanted opportunity for you, too. We know that you don’t like some aspects of your friend and you’re going to come back to us with some “work” on that...if only for the sake of your friendship. What else is in your con’s column about this opportunity? What are your reasons for not “keep going”?

Let’s get them out in the open so we can see if you can soothe a shift them.

It’s interesting to me that you used the label “unauthentic” for your friend. Now, you might prefer your “real” friends to talk to you in different ways than she has been. That probably has more to do with your definition of “friend.” (We humans have gotten very loosey-goosey with the meaning of that word, too.) But your own split energy here is causing you to be inauthentic with her. Now, that’s all right. That’s what split energy does. We split our energy so we have no chance to line up with our IB, who is our “authentic” self.

This is why I’m being persistent with you, asking you to list your thoughts here, so we can start to work on them, minimize your split and give you more of an opportunity to speak to her from your authentic, aligned perspective.

No I'm not easily manipulated and I'm not feeling a fear of being convinced.

Of course, you’re not. I knew that. So, what are your thoughts about being manipulated or being convinced? What is that the problem for you that you were telling us yesterday? (And it’s all right that it is a problem. Again, we need to know what we’re working with so that we can shift this.)

It's just the conversation is the same each time. I say I just want to take some time off right now and stick to my decision and then they rest of the conversation is spent trying to get me to change my mind, mindset and telling me I need to learn to be more "coachable" in order to be more successful.

Do you want to learn what they have to teach you? Can you find any value in what they want to coach you in? I know you want to be “more successful,” particularly financially.

I feel like I'm a square peg and they keep trying to force me into their circle mold.

Maybe that is what they are trying to do. I don’t know. Or maybe they are trying to set you up, as best they know how, for your success, understanding that your success will assist in their success. Which of those stories feel better to you? Can you build on the better-feeling story? Can you decide that it’s not a judgement on their part of your not-circleness, that they’re motivated by another more friendly (to you) agenda (such as the setting you up for your success, both for yourself and for a harmonious work environment)?

Yes I know I don't have to.

So, that thought’s gotta feel better than your “have to” thought from yesterday.

But, as you go on to tell us, you have taken upon yourself an obligation:
    I have no deadlines. My friend has a deadline to reach and my efforts would help her reach them. I guess I feel some guilt by not helping her reach that goal.

How can you soothe some of your Guilt, which is on the Scale? What are your thoughts of Guilt that you’re thinking here.

I'm not sure. I'm quite confused about what I do want from this situation other then to just take a break right now in peace. So that's why I am confused about how to do this wrk.

Well, I’ve suggested a variety of different places where you can begin.

Another place you can begin is that the question is usually “what I do want from this situation.” That just activates everything about the situation. A more helpful question would be “what I do want that I’ve put in my Vortex.” This is why I’ve been guiding you away from your focus on your decision. That focus just keeps you stuck wobbling back and forth between the pro’s and the con’s, the should’s and the could’s, what she said and what he said.

I don't want to quit...

That wasn’t my point. You’re trying to change conditions (change their procedures or their philosophy or take an action regarding this opportunity) so that you can feel better.

You may have noticed that I keep coming back to the thoughts that you are thinking about all the pieces of this. Because you have the ability to feel better about all the pieces of this. In doing so, you will start to split your energy less, so you can know what is authentic for you.

I would like to take some time off for a month or two and focus on other things that are going well...

That’s a split decision to quit, isn’t it?

But, more to the point, that’s more action journey, which we’ve discussed many times before. You have the ability to line yourself up with your Vortex (either about this, about your Vortex opportunity, about your “other things”) without taking your time off. Not only that, but you’ve already told us that you’ve mentally adopted some of your friend’s obligations. You’re not bound by them but you’ve adopted them enough that you’re using them as your reason to think your thoughts of Guilt. That’s not going to change much with your “month or two” action journey.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    So, if you need them to change their beliefs so that you don’t have to feel annoyed or put off, then you’re in for a world of hurt. This is the conditional trap I’d just mentioned.
    I don't care for her to change her beliefs. Her believing what she does doesn't bother me at all, it's the persistence to get ME to go along with that belief and basically insisting that's how it is if I want to be successful that is annoy. I guess that's what I need to clean up because I've always had people trying to convince me of that life is hard and your meant to struggle and work hard for nice things nonsense. I'm grateful that I haven't adopted that belief and my beliefs have served me well because I never had to work "hard" for the things I've desired. < Knowing this feels better.
    I'm also grateful that I have friends in my life who haven't adopted that belief who have tons of fun with me and don't worry about hard work!

What about her story annoys you? What thoughts do you think about her attitude which put you off?
    It's not her story that annoys me. I love her to pieces and think she's a wonderful girl. I just get annoyed by the pushy nature of this opportunity to be one way(they call it being coachable). I'm going to be me and I've made it clear that I won't change being Me for this opportunity. The response is that I'm being too stubborn, not coachable and that won't lead me to success in this business. I know that they are not able to understand where I'm coming from because they are in different places in their journey and I respect that. I don't try to talk to them much about WHY I believe what I believe. It's just make me feel like if this is pushed as the way to be successful I either need to figure out a way to be a success with this that ties into my beliefs and I can have fun with it or move on and continue doing the things that are fun for me.

So, let's address this from a different angle. What are your reasons for not taking this situation?

Well the number one thing is just I'm not having fun with it now.
    When I was first introduced I went into it with little expectations and just wanted to meet some great people and make some money.
    I find that a lot of the energy there is more serious than I would like and I seem to be the only one bringing the fun.
    I also have a lot of other things going on this summer that I am having fun with so I would like to put more of my focus on those things.
    The way the business is run doesn't necessarily line up with my morals/beliefs and am not sure if I want my name attached to this by promoting/selling it.
    And the straw that really made me feel like all sign pointing to no is my friend txted me and told me the recruited a woman on the "team" who is the wife of the owner at I club I used to dance at(I told them I was a bartender). That's not something I would like to follow me in business.
    Also just knowing that this isn't the last opportunity for me so I know better options are out there for me as well.

It’s interesting to me that you used the label “unauthentic” for your friend. Now, you might prefer your “real” friends to talk to you in different ways than she has been. That probably has more to do with your definition of “friend.” (We humans have gotten very loosey-goosey with the meaning of that word, too.) But your own split energy here is causing you to be inauthentic with her. Now, that’s all right. That’s what split energy does. We split our energy so we have no chance to line up with our IB, who is our “authentic” self.

I don't think SHE is being unauthentic. She wouldn't be my friend if I felt that way about her. I meant other people in the business on our "team". People who are her mentors. They are one way when they want me to do something but completely cold and distant every other time.

Do you want to learn what they have to teach you? Can you find any value in what they want to coach you in? I know you want to be “more successful,” particularly financially.
    Some of it yes, some of it no. They are very strong in there belief that things have to be done their way in this business. They made it clear that I have to follow their, system, follow their scripts and that would be great if they were role models for me but I don't want the success that they have because of the fact that they are so serious and kind of boring to me. I rarely see them having fun or laughing and that doesn't exactly make following their system seem very appealing.

Maybe that is what they are trying to do. I don’t know. Or maybe they are trying to set you up, as best they know how, for your success, understanding that your success will assist in their success. Which of those stories feel better to you? Can you build on the better-feeling story? Can you decide that it’s not a judgement on their part of your not-circleness, that they’re motivated by another more friendly (to you) agenda (such as the setting you up for your success, both for yourself and for a harmonious work environment)?

I understand that yes they want me to be successful and do well. <this doesn't really feel better though

How can you soothe some of your Guilt, which is on the Scale? What are your thoughts of Guilt that you’re thinking here.

I want to help my friend because I know she believes in me and is counting on my help.

Another place you can begin is that the question is usually “what I do want from this situation.” That just activates everything about the situation. A more helpful question would be “what I do want that I’ve put in my Vortex.” This is why I’ve been guiding you away from your focus on your decision. That focus just keeps you stuck wobbling back and forth between the pro’s and the con’s, the should’s and the could’s, what she said and what he said.
    It seems every time I think about this opportunity in anyway the question of what I am going to do comes up. Which is why I'm taking time away from it. When I think about what else I have going on I'm elated! When I think about what I want in general that I've put into my vortex I feel great and that is my focus majority of my day.