Thread: Can still retrieve saved post not send

Can still retrieve saved post not send

Hi, guys. I have just tried to post a long post but somehow were asked to re-login. After re-login, I got a blank html page. I did a refresh but couldn't find my post. I know that my post is automatically saved during my typing. Can I retrieve that draft? Couldn't find a link to retrieve my draft.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cacheman View Post
    Hi, guys. I have just tried to post a long post but somehow were asked to re-login.
    For a variety of technical reasons, the Forum server does log us off if it senses we've been inactive after a period of time. The Forum server views our time composing our replies as "inactive" because we're not sending information to the server.

For this reason, it's a good practice to when you suspect it'll take some time for you to compose your post (because you have a lot to say, or you're unsure of what you want to say or how you'll it or because you're likely to be interrupted) in a separate text-editing app and then copy-and-paste your draft into the Forum software. (You can read more about this topic here: I got disconnected before I could submit my post! How did that happen?)

Quote Originally Posted by cacheman View Post
    After re-login, I got a blank html page. I did a refresh but couldn't find my post. I know that my post is automatically saved during my typing. Can I retrieve that draft? Couldn't find a link to retrieve my draft.
    If your post was a reply to an existing thread, go to that thread and look in the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the page. In the lower right-corner of the Quick Reply box, you may see an oval with the words "Restore Auto-Saved Content" (or something similar). If you see that, that means that the server was able to save your content (one of the handy back-up features David has built into our Forum). Just click on that oval and you should see most or all of your content.

If there is no such oval, then I'm sorry, but you'll have to start again.

Thanks, Wellbeing. Will do just that.