Thread: change in plans question

change in plans question

hello!

so im in a situation and im trying to think of a way to approach it. im taking some courses to get into a program. up until today i was feeling great about it all. a new study group became avail that i was impressed w and am planning on joining, i have a wonderful tutor who has been helping me w all my tests and exams to do well. i was starting to feel really positive about outcomes. then suddenly today i got news that my wonderful tutor can no loner help me in the capacity she has been

so my question is this, how do you deal w a situation that seems to be moving along wonderfully suddenly taking a left turn? im not entirely sure how i will move forward, and im trying to maint the idea that everything is always working out, so a solution will present itself.

does anyone else have any thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by juliem View Post
    so my question is this, how do you deal w a situation that seems to be moving along wonderfully suddenly taking a left turn?
    Find thoughts, about your manifestation, which still seem true to you (as the thoughts that you're currently thinking about it) yet which feel better.

I personally find it helpful to scribble out (with lots of space between the lines and in all the margins) the thoughts I'm thinking about my manifestation. I might even broaden it to the topic of my manifestation (like my studies overall, my application process to my programs, the help that's on offer to me in my studies and elsewhere, and so on, to use your story as an example). Then I go through--sometimes word by word, phrase by phrase, sentence by sentence--shifting it so that my revisions still seem true to me yet they feel better.

im not entirely sure how i will move forward,...
    What would you tell a friend, who came to you and told you of this very story with her very same thoughts, to help them feel better? You'd give them thoughts that they could easily believe, wouldn't you?

...and im trying to maint the idea that everything is always working out, so a solution will present itself.
    The reason why you're describing this as "trying to maintain" is because you don't really Believe this. You're reaching farther than the LoA will let you. That's why it feels like "trying to maintain." That's all right. So, scale yourself back some. Find, instead, a more truthful (from what you right now Believe) idea that also feels better.

thanks for the reply1 to clarify, i DO believe that things always work out, i think im getting stuck on the "how" because i can't see it right now

to clarify, i DO believe that things always work out, i think im getting stuck on the "how" because i can't see it right now

If you look carefully back at my relief, you'll notice that I capitalized the word "Believe" in my reply. That was to indicate the vibration of Belief, as Abraham use it.

You see, there's a difference between saying that you "believe" something and actually "Believing" it. When you Believe something, you are unshakable in your Belief. It is your most dominant vibration (because you've practiced it into your dominant vibration).

Here's a good example: It is common for many people in my country to Believe that, when they flip the light switch on the wall, the lights of that room will turn on. They don't need to see the "how" of the circuits being made or the electricity flowing through the wires or what happens inside the bulb to produce the light in order to Believe. They simply have practiced themselves into their Belief that, when they flip the switch, the lights will illuminate.

Now, it's all right that you haven't yet practiced yourself into such a Belief with regard to this material. I was pointing out your own emotional guidance (in the form of "trying to maintain") that was indicating that you were reaching further than the LoA will let you reach. The LoA makes it easy for us to continue to do what we've practiced. That's part of its job. However, the flip side of that is also true: the LoA makes it difficult for us to do something that is very difficult from what we'd practiced. Your emotional guidance (of "trying to maintain") was letting you know that was going on for you.

So, what's wrong for you in not knowing the "how"? That's really coming a place of mistrust, isn't it? IOW, until you can see the "how" or at least your path to the "how," you're not really trusting the process, are you? That's why you need to see the "how" or your path to the "how." Again, that's all right. But that's the piece that you'll want to soothe. What are some of your mistrustful thoughts? Get them out of your head, onto paper, so you can start to "work" with them, soothing and shifting them in some of the ways I'd suggested above.

In AAIIG, Abraham talked about the UM. More commonly, we hear about the UM as "the concierge in the sky." If you've ever had a super-reliable, super-capable friend who, when they say they'll do something, they're on it like white on rice. You have such a Belief in their ability and reliability that you don't ask "how." That could be considered rude or micromanaging. You just know they're on it. You're so solid in your Belief about them, you are satisfied that it's done, it's done, it's done and you turn your attention to other things.

Now, it's likely that you'll to be able, in a single go, to close your vibrational gap between where you actually are right now on this topic and this vibrational state of mind that I'm describing here, but that's the "work." You close your vibrational gap by taking your vibrational journey, by starting with the thoughts that you're actually thinking now and then soothing and shifting them so that you feel better. You talk yourself up the Scale and into a steadier set of expectations. You can use any one or combination of the Abraham Processes to help you with that.

And I want to double-back to your OP, because I’ve just noticed something important that I missed.

...and im trying to maint the idea that everything is always working out, so a solution will present itself.[Emphasis mine.--WB.]

Everything that I’ve been suggesting to you has been with the intention of feeling better about the various pieces associated with your manifestation. If your intention is to Abe up a solution (as the bolded piece suggests), you will be getting in the way of that “better” feeling. You’ll be shooting yourself in the foot two-fold, because you’ll be interfering with the relief from your Worry, Doubt, whatever that’s available to you right now and because with your focus on a “solution,” you’ll be including your “problem” in your vibration. Since your “problem” is your more practiced vibration, you’ll be slowing your “solution” way, way down.

i like the idea of the concierge and not being rude! that helps a lot