Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to change a belief

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar

How to change a belief

Belief is only a habit of thought.
    So the big question MIGHT be, so how do I change my habit of thought?
    -And we say the only way we KNOW that will inspire you to change your habit of thought is when you finally HEAR us and really GET it when we say:

The way you feel is dependent upon what you are choosing.

And when you really mean it when you say nothing is more important than that I FEEL good, then those habits will change very quickly. But as long as you are willing to do as your elders taught you and buck up, keep a stiff upper lip and tolerate the negative emotions, then there is not much likelihood that you are going to change your beliefs.

10-4-97

Itīs just about the amount of airtime, or broadcast-time:
    Your desire
    must get more momentum than your doubtful belief.

Abe describe how people dig in in arguments, and nothing moves.

...In the same way you do this with other people, you are doing that just with you! When you have a desire that you donīt believe, your belief argues with your desire, and your desire is less active than your belief-

then the belief wins.

So you just keep proving to yourself that you canīt do that. Or that itīs too hard, or that you are not in the right place, or that you werenīt born under the right star, or or or or or. When all along, itīs just your OWN ARGUEMENT with yourself!

And so, wether itīs just a desire or a belief, they are just THOUGHTS, yes!? So when that desire-thoughts are new, your belief-thoughts about it often are more dominant. So you have to find a way, to focus your desire-thoughts into stronger placement, in your vibrational output. This makes sense, doesnīt it?

So, over time (...) we offered a lot to help you focus your thought and your self-conversation more and more into the direction of what YOU WANT, because itīs just about the amount of airtime, or broadcast-time, that you give to something!

You canīt talk about the positive aspects of something, and the negative aspects at the SAME time! And because of LoA, you canīt really flip-flop too fast, about it! When you talk about what you WANT, and you talk about the positive aspects of that, maybe your beliefs will raise up to challenge you. But in time, IF you give more of your broadcasting-time to the positive aspects of something, in time

THAT will become your dominant point of attraction.

San Antonio Tx, April 8, 2017, from the clip
    Abraham Hicks 2017 ~ Are you arguing with yourself? (No ads during video)

Shift the way you feel and watch what happens.
    If you can rid yourself of worry,
    you will rid yourself of things to worry about.
    It is really that simple.

Abe

"Setting your tone" is all about momentum!

It is your job to set your own tone.
    So what you do is, you look for something that’s

easy for you to feel good about.

The aspect of your life that is going well,
    there are always some of those.
    And as you give your attention to that, you let that be
    your reason for establishing your tone.

And as you set your tone relative to that,
    now the universe accepts that as your tone
    relative to all things, you see.

So all you have to do is find the feeling of well-being relative to any aspect of your life and stay there on it long enough that the universe can begin to respond to it-

-and then things just get better and better and better and better.

Conversely, you can find one thing that is going wrong in your life and focus on that and let that be the reason to set your tone and then all aspects of your life begin to acquiesce to that, in time.

7/25/99

Stop the blatant lie!!
    You CAN FEEL better. Just shift the topic!

To a HS who is trying to think a certain topic into place, instead of feeling better,
    because of focusing on ANY easy, happy topic.

Abe:
    Are you presenting to us the blatant lie, the often-practiced, blatant flawed lie,
    the ridiculous, flawed, blatant, unnecessary LIE- are you presenting to us,
    this ridiculous, flawed premise, BLATANT LIE,
    that you canīt find *A* subject, that floats your cork??

HS
    (laughing):
    Ohh, since you put it THAT way...

Abe:
    Because, we know better. But because you practiced being a THINKER,
    because youīve been operating from the flawed premise of
    "I take this problem, and I will FORCE IT UP THERE
    into the receiving mode..."
    Prrrrrppprrr...
    (Esther making the sound of getting spit out OOTV)

"Iīll take this things. Iīll force them into the receiving mode.
    This... ehhhhhhhhh..."
    Prrrrrppprrr...
    (sound of getting spit out OOTV).

START WITH SOMETHING EASY!!!
    We KNOW youīve got an easy thing!

Start with something EASY. But, you must not believe that LoA abounds.
    You must not believe, that you can choose ANYTHING and set your
    vibrational tone, and everything else will follow.
    You must not believe it! Do you believe it???

You must not believe it.
    Or it would be easy for you to find SOMETHING."

from the clip
    Abraham Hicks , Attract and Feel Abundance - New 2016 best segment

Chill- Relax- Nap- Meditate your way!

We donīt know another way to say it, other then:
    You have to care about feeling good ENOUGH,
    that you find thoughts that feel good. It is THAT simple.
    THAT is the key to living happily ever after,
    that you are looking for.

Just find some reason to feel good,
    and if you canīt find a reason to feel good, then take a nap.
    And when you wake up, look for a reason to feel good,
    and if you canīt find a reason to feel good, take another nap.
    And when you wake up, look for a reason to feel good,
    and if you canīt find a reason to feel good, take another nap.

And pretty soon- within a year or so!-
    when you wake up, you will find something that is easy
    to feel good about!
    And as you begin fixating on that, so that you feel good,
    more of the time- then it breaks loose!

Boston, 2016-05-21, from the clip
    Abraham Hicks 2016 - The key is to look for a reason to feel good (new)

It is only about your relationship—YOUR relationship—
    with your own desire.
    Those are the most significant words
    we have ever spoken.
    Truly.

Abe

All you have to do is decide what you want-
    and talk yourself into it!

-Abe

Our encouragement to you is that:
    you think about what you do want-
    and donīt think about what you donīt want.

Talk about what you do want, and
    donīt talk about what you donīt want.

Tell everyone about what you do want,
    tell no-one about what you donīt want.

Make lists of the things that have worked,
    donīt talk about things that didnīt work.

Iow, just get on a sort of rampage of appreciation.
    If youīr trying to do that, and are not able to do that,
    get off of that topic all together
    and get on, to something else.

The thing you most want to hear is:
    YOU HAVE ASKED- THE UNIVERSE HAS ANSWERED!
    Now youīve got to find a way to get the valve open!
    -Next.

from the clip
    Abraham Hicks - The Master Cure for ANY problem

Cut out the "big but"!

Guest:
    My question is about everybody’s big but. Ummm, I mean, the but is really what brings life through us, is what we are living for…

Abe:
    It’s part of the contrast that launches the rocket, but would you say that those buts, in the way that you mean those buts, are usually forking off in the wrong direction?

Guest:
    Right, that’s what I’m trying to get a sense of, in other words…

Abe:
    You need a but…

Guest:
    To draw the life through us, is the goal here to make our buts smaller?

Abe:
    Yes.
    (wild audience laughter) We’ve finally gone mainstream.
    "How to get rid of your big but while you are forking off in the right direction"...
    We are ready for television.
    (more wild audience laughter)

As you are feeling fear, all it means is,
    “I’ve got a desire that my belief is not agreeing with."

Fear is the feeling sensation that is present within you when you have both a desire and a belief that contradicts it.

Fear is a response to the state of your vibration. You are a vibrational being, and every moment offering a signal. Your vibration could be called thought, it could be called memory, it could be called fantasy, it could be called imagination, it could be called Energy. In other words, your vibration could be called, “As I stand in my now, and I think about the present, or I think about the future, or I think about the past — all of that is thought. Whatever it is I’m perceiving is causing me to offer a vibration, and that vibration is being answered or matched by All-That-Is.” So, when I feel fear, what it always means is, I am offering a thought that you might call desire and a thought that you might call belief that are contradictory.

The presence of fear always means the presence of resistance.
    The presence of resistance always means not allowing the Energy of desire to flow through me—always, without exception.

Same with confusion; same with vulnerability; same with anger; same with unworthiness; same with guilt. All negative emotions mean the same thing. You just call them different things because they play out differently in your experience — but they all mean the same thing.

The vibration of fear is usually a very strong vibration, which usually means there is the presence of a very strong desire within you. Often, when you feel fear, it is because you have a belief that contradicts basic elements that are natural to you.

Your natural instinct, from your broadest Nonphysical perspective, is
    to know your power.
    Fear is a vibration when you feel powerless. Your natural instinctual Nonphysical vibration is to know your worthiness, know your rightness, know your value. And the feeling of fear is always when you are contradicting that thought.

We would want you to say, “Quite a bit of the time I feel fearful or vulnerable or limited, and what that feeling means is: I’m in that moment holding a desire that contradicts my past thought, or my beliefs…” Remember that a belief is just a thought you keep thinking, it’s just a habit of thought. It’s just sort of the way you’ve always thought it, and so it is the way you are now thinking it.

And so, as you are feeling fear, all it means is,
    “I’ve got a desire that my belief is not agreeing with."

Now, what thought feels better about this? I’ve got hold of this stick, where my desire is here, my belief is here. What thought feels better?” And as you just softly talk to yourself about that subject, reaching for the thought that feels better, what happens is, you shift the Energy.

It’s like the teeter-totter on the fulcrum, and it’s clearly down here, and you would like it to be up here. And so, you reach for the thought that feels better, and you reach for the thought that feels better, and you reach for the thought that feels better…and it doesn’t look like anything’s happening. And then, all of a sudden, one more time, you reach for the thought that feels better, and there it goes!

-The fear is gone, without even knowing it, just by reaching for the thought that feels better. There is so much reward in just feeling better in your “now”.

Because, so often, you’re wanting to reach for the thought that feels better because, “Whoop-de-doo, this is big time good fun!” In other words, “I want to get there! I would like every effort to take me there. I would like every thought that I think, and every time I go to a workshop, and every time I make a little bit of effort, I would like it to take me there!” And it’s irritating that it doesn’t take you there, to that manifestation.

We want you to not get so hung up on the manifestation, and start taking pleasure in the incremental relief. Pleasure in the fact that this feels a little better. Pleasure in the fact that you can actually, with your own will power and your own determination, choose a thought that feels better.

We offer an analogy, about the cork bobbing on the body of water. It’s up here floating, floating, floating. And in our analogy this cork is bobbing in the place of Pure Positive Energy. When you take hold of the cork and hold it under the water, that’s what negative emotion is. You’re not allowing the natural quality of the cork, you’re doing something that does not allow the cork to do what it usually would do. You’re holding it in an unnatural place with your attention to this thought of something that you do not want.

But when you withdraw your attention from it, and you let go of the cork, it bobs right back up there. It is natural for you to be in this pure positive place. It is unnatural for you not to feel good. But what happens in your physical environment where you’ve been trained by other humans who didn’t feel so good either, is that you’ve come to accept the way you feel as being the natural way that you feel.

And now, through meditation, or through consciously reaching for the better feeling, you set higher standards. Until then it becomes consciously uncomfortable for you to dip into the lower Energies.

You will never be at a place where you won’t feel negative emotion. Nor would we ever want you to be at that place, because that would be like shooting Novocaine into your fingers so that you don’t feel anything hot or sharp. You say, “Well, it sure is a lot better now that I can bang my hands on things. You know, I can shut my hands in car doors and it doesn’t even bother me any more. I feel no pain.” But it’s not good for your fingers. Pretty soon you have flat, little flabby hands flapping around. You’ve destroyed your hands, even though it was painless.

And so, that’s what that fear is. It’s sort of an acquiescence. It’s submission to a vibration that’s not natural to who you really are. And you’re awakening now to those higher standards

Take mood checks and ask yourself, what is my mood? Well, I’m feeling fearful. And then ask yourself, well overall, do I have reason to fear? And as you reach for the more general statement, you recognize, you don’t have anything to be fearful about.

We think what you’re doing is sort of very specifically, channeling the worries of a larger mass consciousness. You are susceptible to Energy. And so, for example, if you were living in a retirement community where there were many people who were feeling vulnerable about their money, or feeling worried about what their future would provide, and you are sensitive to Energy, you could very well be picking up on the consensus of the group around you, even though it has nothing to do with who you are.

But you must have a little spattering of that within you, or you could not be finding harmony with that greater consensus. Every thought that has ever been thought exists. And then, by Law of Attraction, those thoughts coalesce, so that there are pockets of Thought Forms. And so, very often, just driving from city to city, if you are sensitive to vibration, you can feel different Energies in different cities. Well, what we are wanting you to do is get so good at setting your own Tone that it doesn’t matter what the fluctuations of Energies are around you: you are always holding a steady course!

-Abe. 2/12/00