Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: How to change a belief

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Beliefs are very powerful,
    and they are slow to change, but they can be changed.

As you continue to reach for better and better-feeling thoughts, you will find them and activate them, and the Law of Attraction will respond to them, and in time, your new life will reflect those changes in thought.

Abe

A belief is nothing more than a chronic pattern of thought, and you have the ability- if you try even a little bit

-to begin a new pattern,
    -to tell a new story,
    -to achieve a different vibration,
    -to change your point of attraction.

The Law of Attraction is responding to your vibration, and you can easily change your vibrational point of attraction by
    -visualizing the lifestyle you desire and holding your attention upon those images until you begin to feel relief,

which will indicate that a true vibrational shift has occurred.

Abe

When you understand that your beliefs, also, are creations-
    set into motion by you because of previous experience, then you realize that your beliefs are not unchangeable, but, instead,

they are pliable and moldable.

Abe

Bridging Beliefs

When there?s a subject that has to do with something you want and it?s not likely that you can just not think about the subject- then it is really worth working to bridge your belief about it.
    Working to shift your vibration about it.

And the way you do that, is just by sort of taking the bull by the horns and talking about the subject with the deliberate intent of bringing yourself to a place of feeling better about it.

Abe

Admit that you have a Focusing- Weakness

Let yourself off the hook and instead of saying "I have a limited belief", say "I focused long enough on this thought that Law of Attraction brought me more of it and so I keep looking at it." In other words,

"I don't have a belief problem, I have a focusing weakness.
    I focus on what's loudest, instead of what feels best."

Abe

Sort out old beliefs as old clothes

We think that it might be a good idea to begin sifting through your belief- closet in the way you've been sifting through your clothes closet- and just finally acknowledge: "I?m not wearing that anymore, I'm not wearing that anymore, I'm not wearing that anymore. I don't need that, I don't need that, I really, really like this.

In other words, at one time it served me! At one time, I wore it a lot. But now, it's out of fashion. It's not up to speed with what's going on actively, now. And so, I'm just not going to do that anymore."

Abe

De-activate all the beliefs that feel bad-
    because source does not agree with them.

You can tell which beliefs you want to replace by the way you feel.

In other words, if something constantly is making you feel bad, what that's saying is: you've got something really active in your vibration that Source doesn't agree with.

So it isn't that you want to change your mind, it's that you want to deactivate it. That's a really good word: You want to deactivate it. How do you deactivate something? You can't really deactivate something, because while you're looking at the thing you want to deactivate, you're activating it. You're adding momentum to it. So,

you deactivate one belief by activating another!
    And it's just a matter of which belief you're giving more air time to.

Abe