Thread: How to hold two seemingly contradictory intentions at the same time?

How to hold two seemingly contradictory intentions at the same time?

This is one question I haven't yet found the answer to: How to hold two seemingly contradictory intentions at the same time?

I have my Big Dreams: win the lottery (or somehow or other come into millions), and what I will do with it, and fantasizing about what that will feel like. (Sweet dreams .) Part of that intention is, "I never have to earn a living again."*

But unless I can somehow come into vibrational alignment with that in the next two months, I will need to find a job (short story: was self-employed + supported by husband, now separated, he's retired. My "self-employed" income was never enough to live on.)

As a fallback position to Big Dream, I will want to manifest the best possible job, in the best possible location, for me and my talents, matched with an employer who really needs my skills and co-workers I adore. But trying to formulate a way to ask for that without directly contradicting "I never have to earn a living again" is proving problematic for me.

As an additional question (more like a curiosity, since it had become a necessity): I haven't had a résumé in years. Every time I tried to create one out of thin air, it felt horrible to me. It took me months, and some help from a local work agency, to cobble something together, which I've done.

But now I'm having the same problem with formulating a boilerplate cover letter that I can adapt for each potential employer -- it feels yukky, which supposedly means I'm not in alignment?

This feels hard, and I am (among other things) a writer!!

What if the life you are currently living demands some action that feels like crap to you, but must be done?

I will add one wrinkle to the above that I discovered, which is that there have been two job postings that made me so excited about the possibilities that that cover letter just flew out of my fingers, almost without effort. I wrote those from scratch and felt inspired while doing it.

One is unlikely to come about, or at least in time for me to not run out of money, though I still fantasize about it -- conveniently ignoring the probable parts about the job I would not like -- and the other, even if they hire me, doesn't offer enough hours, so I will still need to force myself to create this cover letter outline. I think?

Karen

*Full intention: I have so much money that all my debts are paid off, I can travel freely, settle wherever I want, and never have to earn a living again.

Welcome to the Forum, Karen!

I've moved your thread to the Abraham-Hicks Teachings and You sub-forum, where most of our question-answerers tends to hang out. (The Practicing the Teachings sub-forum is for when you're ready to do your vibrational "work" on the Forum.)

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen H View Post
    This is one question I haven't yet found the answer to: How to hold two seemingly contradictory intentions at the same time?

You can't, and you don't need to. It's not really a issue of contradictory intentions, it's an issue of defining things in a softer, easier way than you're doing now.
    I have my Big Dreams: win the lottery (or somehow or other come into millions), and what I will do with it, and fantasizing about what that will feel like. (Sweet dreams .) Part of that intention is, "I never have to earn a living again."*

But unless I can somehow come into vibrational alignment with that in the next two months, I will need to find a job (short story: was self-employed + supported by husband, now separated, he's retired. My "self-employed" income was never enough to live on.)
    The thing is that the way you're defining this has a lot of resistance in it. It's coming from a place of strong awareness of what you don't want -- which is the struggle you're associating with "earning a living." If you step back and state your intention in a more general way, you'll find that it's something you CAN achieve: "My Big Dreams: Feeling more free and able to do more of the things I want to do and part of that intention is having money flowing in ways that feel easier and more enjoyable to me." That's something that works really well from where you are and yet there's no ending to where you can go with it. You can always feel even more free, be able to do more of what you want to do, have money flowing even easier and in even more delightful ways.
    As a fallback position to Big Dream, I will want to manifest the best possible job, in the best possible location, for me and my talents, matched with an employer who really needs my skills and co-workers I adore. But trying to formulate a way to ask for that without directly contradicting "I never have to earn a living again" is proving problematic for me.
    Can you see how the way I tweaked your dream solves this issue? It allows yourself to be where you are and follow your path of least resistance, and it also doesn't stop you from feeling better about money and how it flows to you.
    As an additional question (more like a curiosity, since it had become a necessity): I haven't had a résumé in years. Every time I tried to create one out of thin air, it felt horrible to me. It took me months, and some help from a local work agency, to cobble something together, which I've done.

But now I'm having the same problem with formulating a boilerplate cover letter that I can adapt for each potential employer -- it feels yukky, which supposedly means I'm not in alignment?
    That seems natural when you've already dug in your heels because it's something you've decided that you don't want to do in the first place, no?

What if the life you are currently living demands some action that feels like crap to you, but must be done?

Then you do your best to feel less crappy about the action you believe you must do. In other words, you make the best out of where you are. The more you're able to make peace with it, the easier it goes. Then, as you're able to feel even a little better about it, it goes even a little better the next time, and so on.
    I will add one wrinkle to the above that I discovered, which is that there have been two job postings that made me so excited about the possibilities that that cover letter just flew out of my fingers, almost without effort. I wrote those from scratch and felt inspired while doing it.
    You see the difference between forcing yourself to do something you don't want to do and moving toward something that you you feel good about?
    One is unlikely to come about, or at least in time for me to not run out of money, though I still fantasize about it -- conveniently ignoring the probable parts about the job I would not like -- and the other, even if they hire me, doesn't offer enough hours, so I will still need to force myself to create this cover letter outline. I think?
    Can you see where you throw more resistance on your trail? Here you've found things that feel good/better to you. Whether or not these are the particular solutions, you're getting emotional feedback showing you that the idea of enjoyable jobs is moving in the right direction. Rather than enjoying that relief and then letting LOA take you show you the next idea and the next, you turn around and contradict that by talking about how those aren't going to be viable solutions. That's part of what you're doing to sabotage yourself. You'd be better off enjoying the prospect of finding a path forward that these jobs represented and savoring it.

[QUOTE=Marc;986393][/B][/SIZE]
    The thing is that the way you're defining this has a lot of resistance in it. It's coming from a place of strong awareness of what you don't want -- which is the struggle you're associating with "earning a living." If you step back and state your intention in a more general way, you'll find that it's something you CAN achieve: "My Big Dreams: Feeling more free and able to do more of the things I want to do and part of that intention is having money flowing in ways that feel easier and more enjoyable to me." That's something that works really well from where you are and yet there's no ending to where you can go with it. You can always feel even more free, be able to do more of what you want to do, have money flowing even easier and in even more delightful ways.

Can you see how the way I tweaked your dream solves this issue? It allows yourself to be where you are and follow your path of least resistance, and it also doesn't stop you from feeling better about money and how it flows to you.
    [/B][/SIZE]

I think it must often take someone else to point out one's resistance! Thank you, Marc. I understand better now what Abraham means about making things "more general".

And yes, I absolutely saw the resistance in the statements I made about the two jobs I mentioned, even as I was writing it, but couldn't help myself.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar

The thing that will feel magical, it isn’t, it’s just law,
    but the thing that will feel magical

is the way in which all of those things that are important to you
    begin to dance together.

San Diego, Febr. 2014

Humans have not been really clearly aware
    that just by knowing that they want something
    that they can have it.

Because most humans are realists.
    They want to only call what is real what has already manifested.
    We call that regurgitation.

Abe Seattle Aug. 2012

How does somebody squelch a dream?
    The only possible way that you can squelch a dream
    is by offering a vibration in opposition to it
    and practicing the opposing vibration-
    so that it´s so big, that it´s always present.

But now let´s say it in amore vivid real way:
    "I haven´t been squelching my dream,
    I´v been at war with my dream!"
    Cause you can´t squelch it!
    "I´ve been preventing myself from realizing my dream!"
    -better terminology!

"I´ve been practicing a vibration, that is opposite to my dream,
    and I practiced it long enough, that it comes easily to me.
    And if my dream would just die, I would be in peace.
    But my dream won´t die.
    My dream won´t die- because it´s who I really am."

And this is why we´r saying to you, friends:
    You´ve got no choice if you wanna feel good,
    OTHER than to stop the battle against your own desires and dreams!
    And the way you stop your battle,
    is by feeling for the thought that feels BETTER.

from the clip Abraham: Too afraid to dream

The fact that the desire exists within you
    means that, in large part,
    it has been accomplished.

Abraham-Hicks, Long Beach, 2/15/14