Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: Meditation practice

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    I enjoy my awesome rich life, with beautiful chilling-segments and wonderful momentum-building-segments and awesome, often really "orgasmic" peak-moments... the whole day is a celebration, so to speak.
    This is so beautiful!

What is also true for me is that I am very curious. I have an incredibly active and inquisitive mind, and I love love love to follow through the movement or unfolding of something, sort of like little kids love to watch cars. Going in a direction of something, seeing things unfolding, being in suspense is the zest of life for me. Listening to the segments when Abraham told of Esther's moving-furniture experience made me very excited! It wasn't that Esther wanted to manifest a physical thing. What she manifested was a fun co-creation, and she was able to see how it happened: steps 1,2,3. And I thought: ooh, this is giving me goosebumps. I would also like to create a chain of fun manifestations. It is possible that these unfoldings are happening to me too, but I am not aware of this. I would like to become more aware of them.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    You're puzzled because you're looking at your "I really, really, really LOVE London" thought and noticing that there wasn't a specific set of instructions attached to it. (BTW, there weren't a specific set of instructions attached to either of those thoughts that Esther received, either.) In your focusing on the Unwanted/Lack-or-Absence end of that stick ("no instructions") you are "puzzled." You say puzzled "not in an uncomfortable way," but no one is ever puzzled by a brilliant moment of clarity or that tremendous burst of Joy or that radiant feeling of Love. "Puzzled" is something which diminishes those experiences. So, you are having your guidance but rather than tending to your guidance, you seem to be sweeping it aside or tolerating it with your "not in an uncomfortable way" description. Perhaps you're describing it this way because it's not yet bringing you to your knees in agony (and then you'll tend to it) or because it's not that important to you, but Abraham would argue (and I'll do the same here) that there's nothing more important to you than your alignment. Your focus on the Unwanted/Lack-or-Absence end of that stick is what's getting in your way of the "unfolding" that you want to see.
    There are not enough smiley faces to indicate self-irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Felicie View Post
    There are not enough smiley faces to indicate self-irony.
    I don't understand.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicie View Post
    This is so beautiful!

What is also true for me is that I am very curious. I have an incredibly active and inquisitive mind, and I love love love to follow through the movement or unfolding of something, sort of like little kids love to watch cars. Going in a direction of something, seeing things unfolding, being in suspense is the zest of life for me. Listening to the segments when Abraham told of Esther's moving-furniture experience made me very excited! It wasn't that Esther wanted to manifest a physical thing. What she manifested was a fun co-creation, and she was able to see how it happened: steps 1,2,3. And I thought: ooh, this is giving me goosebumps. I would also like to create a chain of fun manifestations. It is possible that these unfoldings are happening to me too, but I am not aware of this. I would like to become more aware of them.

Im glad it serves you!
    So, you GOT "ready" to be ready for more! You GOT more clarity in this unfolding.
    You GOT more specific about what you do want.

Which brings us back to the meditation-
    because Abe teach that when we meditate, we allow our divine knowing and clarity to become greater.

For me, its also very helpful to keep a journal about the beautiful unfoldings in my life, which I am thankful for. I often realize when I list the blessings of the day, how they co-incide, how they lead into each other!

Hi Abers. It's been a while since I've piped in. I'm so glad to have found this thread and to have read the multiple ways people can achieve success in their varied meditation practice. I've also want to share my experience with meditation.

I've done Abraham's guided meditation and Abraham's recommended just tuning into a sound/breathing to weak effects.

It wasn't until I started doing Mindfulness Meditation that I finally have found relief and some degree of mastery in my life and can implement joyfully the teachings of Abraham. Mindfulness meditation allows you to become familiar with your thoughts and emotions, accept them that they're here in the moment. It is a very gentle, very accepting and allowing process.
    Before MM I was more unconsciously caught up in my very busy mind's ruminations, and would react to strong emotions as though I had some how failed or will fail in some near future....getting a momentum of unwanted going. Some how by recognizing what I'm feeling and thinking while meditating, flexes that "allowing muscle" which instantly soothes any negative emotion that I could experience (and recognize) at anytime of the day. It also allows me to recognize when I am feeling positive emotions too and be with it, rather than bracing against it leaving me, which i had previously done. I feel infinitely more loving to myself and of others. I'm more joyful, more authentic with my reactions to whatever contrast comes my way.

Sheilah