Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Meditation practice

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    After several years, I donīt like to listen to the guided meditations any more so much. It now feels too heady for me. And, I never could get myself to jive with Abeīs adviced breathing-rhythm! Itīs much too short for me. I like much deeper breaths, so I just stopped paing attention to that. I now prefer Abeīs meditation "music mostly", I do it each early morning with DH still laying in bed, after a short bathroom-break. Cozy and a very nice daily start.

I am one of those people who LOVE thinking and have a hard time to give that up, even I know and love the positive effect. -After having given up on meditation because of that, I started again last month as Abe became so very intense about advising it. I had to REALLY stop beating up on me for not getting straight away into thoughtlessness, and managed to do that finally -After 10 minutes of constantly refocusing into letting go of thought, I get that "floating, detached" feeling that Abe describe. And itīs awesome. SO worth it! So soothing and relaxing into the depth of the own core.

I think I get there even easier when Iīm on all on my own somewhen in the middle of the day. Then I just set my timer (itīs silent with a ringing at the end) and sit in the lotus-position, out in nature, eyes closed.

This quote especially helped me:

Let us tell you what we know about you (to a HS who has a hard time meditating)- this isnīt a bad thing, but it is in your way of meditation:
    You are a REALLY deliberate person.

You are precise in what you do. And what that means is, you are unwilling -and thatīs alright, we get it!- to give up control.

And thatīs what it is, for you! You donīt want to give up control! Well, what we want you to understand is, youīr not giving up any control! You are just allowing yourself to resonate with your ULTIMATE CONTROL!

Itīs NOT about giving anything up. Itīs just about relaxing IN. When you are in meditation, if something happens and someone needs you, youīll be alerted to it! There is no danger in just quieting your mind! Itīs just a rest-it. Itīs just a relaxation! Itīs just a deliberate slowing of unwanted momentum.

(...) The most important thing is: You are NOT DOING IT WRONG!
    You are just getting ready to be ready to be ready. And the COMMITMENT to doing it, thatīs REALLY GOOD! And then, the enjoying-it. Thatīs another thing, thatīs good!

(funny descriptions of how Esther reached for different ways of meditating that just didnīt work for her. Just do it the way that works best FOR YOU! -And then, giving an example of listening to the wind.) -Subtle. You have to listen... itīs boring. Keep focusing on it! Donīt think about what it is, just HEAR IT. You (to HS)- hear it!

HS:
    I do. And then I start to think about things and then I get excited...

Abe:
    Well now, you see- if you get quickly to the receiving mode, and then IB-thoughts start occuring to you, thatīs a whole other conversation!

HS:
    Letīs have that conversation! Thatīs what happens!

Abe:
    Sometimes thatīs what happens. But if you reach the place, where you focused upon whatever it is, to the point that you feel DETACHED, where you canīt feel your foot from your nose, THAT is THERE.

If youīve reached the place, where there is a movement inside your head, thatīs sort of almost as a tension thatīs building, and then releasing- then youīr THERE! If you are in a detached enough place that your IB is offering suggestions to you and you are so out of the way, that your body is responding to the intention of your IB, THEN you are THERE.

So, weīd get THERE, first.
    Get there, first.
    Let that happen to you.
    Let that EVIDENCE of non-thought happen,
    BEFORE you start receiving the thoughts!

from the clip
    Abraham Hicks ~ Guidance from your Inner Being never warns against , it only encourages towards

from this quote-collection:
    Exceptional quotes about MEDITATION and Quieting your Mind
    As always, focusing on what you're giving up or letting go makes things a little more difficult, even if you're really good at not pushing against any of that, than going towards something. And the discovery that there was indeed something there to find, besides the emptiness of meaning, which may instead feel quite dead and boring, was what turned completely around my practice of 'meditation without form', many years ago, and turned it from a discipline to a treat.

Underlying thought there is this continuum, that has been given several names, I'll go with the 'silent seeing', or presence. Also the 'ground of being' works well as a name for me. It's always there, it's always been there and you've always kinda noticed it, and it doesn't come and go with thought. Thought may cloud it partially, but when you look for it, you can instantly find it, whether you're also thinking or not. It's way more subtle than thought and emotions, but very distinct, you can't miss it, and it also very radiant so when you're on it, you know. So that's what you want to look for. For me, strangely, as I'm usually a visual person, this registers mostly as deep deep silence, it has a quality of incredible depth, like a well, and at the same time, a sense of luminosity that becomes more and more apparent as you pass some time being absorbed in it.

And then of course as you're absorbed into presence, thought drops very naturally, as you're engaged with something else. But you don't need to have dropped thought to find it, just go look under thought.
    You also reach presence easily if you sit and then make it a point to let everything be (including thought) as it is. The drop of the push-pull will relax the whole system and there you are, with a beautifully silent mind and absorbed fully in presence
    Last edited by rose essence; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kallekar View Post
    Im also wanting to know-how you meditate? Cant see any advices on how to do it in The answers though? That was what he was askungen for right?
    Welcome to the Forum, kallekar!

Abraham devote an entire chapter to their instructions on how to meditate on Ask and It is Given. We don't repeat those instructions here because we assume a basic understanding of these teachings by our Forum friends. I would highly recommend that you read that book, not only for those instructions, but for the invaluable information about these teachings.

Enjoy!

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rose essence View Post
    As always, focusing on what you're giving up or letting go makes things a little more difficult, even if you're really good at not pushing against any of that, than going towards something.
    This is a VERY precious input, thanks so much!

Having said this, I guess, before we get to the pureness, we need to take a journey.
    So for me (and probably for many "hard-thinkers") it was first about learning to DROP the tool that is not helpful: "Obsessive" thinking.

Because itīs the thinking from OOTV, aka the thinking that we mostly do completely without noticing, trained and "normally" in step 1, that hinders us to RECEIVE the thought (aka, allowing step 3).
    So my journey took me to understand that this way of thinking that I had trained all my life is in the way of receiving the "thoughts" from my IB-

aka, I had to DROP my thoughts.

Now I have achieved the understanding, and now it will be so much easier to not focus around "letting go of", but about "allowing/receiving X"!

Allowing Beingness.
    Allowing full peace.
    Allowing the merging with who I really am.
    Allowing to be moved.
    Allowing nothingness.
    Allowing surrender.
    Allowing the emptiness.
    ALLOWING.

And, WHEN it comes, allowing the impulse.

That is precious. THANK YOU so much, once more!

And the discovery that there was indeed something there to find, besides the emptiness of meaning, which may instead feel quite dead and boring, was what turned completely around my practice of 'meditation without form', many years ago, and turned it from a discipline to a treat.
    beautifully put!

I donīt think we CAN be happy in real emptiness.
    Abe teach that we always get "pulled" or "called" from our Vortex, that is the "Stream" of life-force that they are talking about. When we resist it, we experience "the gap between us and US", and that always feels off. Allowing to move towards the Vortex (and be it in getting into this neutral zone of being thought-less) is what feels so good.

And that -not hindered- WILL unfold into higher and higher momentum, aka the "joyful impulse" that Abe speak about that somewhen comes, when we meditate.

Underlying thought there is this continuum, that has been given several names, I'll go with the 'silent seeing', or presence. Also the 'ground of being' works well as a name for me. It's always there, it's always been there and you've always kinda noticed it, and it doesn't come and go with thought. Thought may cloud it partially, but when you look for it, you can instantly find it, whether you're also thinking or not. It's way more subtle than thought and emotions, but very distinct, you can't miss it, and it also very radiant so when you're on it, you know. So that's what you want to look for.
    I call this "God". Abe say, they donīt really talk about anything other, but we humans have "ruined the word", because the term God means all sorts of things that God really isnīt. So they called it source, or IB, or "who we really are".

For me, strangely, as I'm usually a visual person, this registers mostly as deep deep silence, it has a quality of incredible depth, like a well, and at the same time, a sense of luminosity that becomes more and more apparent as you pass some time being absorbed in it.
    yes, yes!!

And then of course as you're absorbed into presence, thought drops very naturally, as you're engaged with something else. But you don't need to have dropped thought to find it, just go look under thought.
    You also reach presence easily if you sit and then make it a point to let everything be (including thought) as it is. The drop of the push-pull will relax the whole system and there you are, with a beautifully silent mind and absorbed fully in presence
    Again, so wonderfully put. I feel it like this, as well!

As Anahid said on the other page, you can have this "merged" sensation in ALL your life. In eating, walking, working and while you interact. It becomes your norm... and as WB mentioned, it feels as if "the magic is back". Itīs light and so easy, and delicious... and you see the wanted, in all particles of what-is, more and more and more.

Speak of "Looking through the eyes of source."

Quote Originally Posted by Felicie View Post
    no thoughts, no thoughts, in infinity. It works as my mantra in distracting me from thoughts.
    Abe teach to not tense against the thoughts, because when you really have quieted your mind, thoughts from your IB WILL come.

They keep telling the story that Esther in her first time when she meditated already received impulses from Abe, but she didnīt discern them and tried to breathe them away. So, Abe had to become a bit rowdy and started to move her body, and wrote words "with her nose", until she got aware that there are 2 different ways of thoughts:

Resistant ones- you want to let go of those.
    And Inspired ones- when source starts to express through yourself, what really is the ultimate goal of meditation, as Abe teach it!

Here are quotes about that:
    Receiving the thought vs Thinking the thought

Quote Originally Posted by rose essence View Post

Underlying thought there is this continuum, that has been given several names, I'll go with the 'silent seeing', or presence. Also the 'ground of being' works well as a name for me. It's always there, it's always been there and you've always kinda noticed it, and it doesn't come and go with thought. Thought may cloud it partially, but when you look for it, you can instantly find it, whether you're also thinking or not. It's way more subtle than thought and emotions, but very distinct, you can't miss it, and it also very radiant so when you're on it, you know. So that's what you want to look for. For me, strangely, as I'm usually a visual person, this registers mostly as deep deep silence, it has a quality of incredible depth, like a well, and at the same time, a sense of luminosity that becomes more and more apparent as you pass some time being absorbed in it.

Beautifully put, rose! Your poetic way of expressing things often resonates with me.

Abraham also have one meditation with just music.

Anahid, are you using binaural beats when you use music.

Where does one get an individual mantra from? By the way, one thing I've tried when I have trouble letting go of thoughts is repeat silently to myself: no thoughts, no thoughts, in infinity. It works as my mantra in distracting me from thoughts.
    You can get mantras by googleing "transcendental meditation mantras charts". The TM foundation offers a meditation class that provides an individualized mantra but it costs $1000. In "Success Through Stillness" Russell Simmons suggests using "Rum" as a generic mantra after spending a goid chunk of a chapter explaining why the mantra should have no literal meaning to you. When I repeat Rum to myself my thoughs drift to Captain Morgan then pirates, then pirate movies or pirate history ect. So Rum might not be the best choice.

I just remembered one guided meditation that works really well. You can do by yourself, without a tape, mentally. The reason it works so well is that it directs your visualization in a very specific and minute fashion (not any of those general-sounding "you are lying on a beach" suggestions) and so it doesn't allow you to get distracted by thinking thoughts.

The idea is like this: you visualize two tiny suns that enter your heels and then they slowly travel up along your entire body and leave it glowing and emitting gold light. When they get to the base of your spine, they join into one slightly larger sun. When they get to the base of your neck, they split into two suns again to travel down your arms and come back to the neck to become one and rise into your head. As these suns or sun go up, they clear all the impurities. As they get to the joints, such as knees or shoulders, or to chakras, they stay for a little while and rotate and thus clear/energize your joints and chakras. It takes about 20 minutes to visualize how these suns travel through your body along the skeleton bones, going into your fingers and toes and into all the nooks and crannies, and leaving your body gold and glowing and feeling warm or even hot in their wake. You really have to be very precise and attentive in your visualization, and so it stops your chattering mind completely. When the sun gets to your head, it grows bigger and engulfs your entire head and then in continues to grow and become a large gold bubble that envelops your entire body. You keep it for a little while around your body in your imagination and then allow it to shrink to the original size and leave your body through the crown chakra. Then you can pulverize it into gold dust and make the dust shower your body from head to toe. And then the meditation is complete. I used to do it mentally when I traveled by train. It's very powerful. But it IS much easier when it's recorded and you are listening to it as a guided meditation. You do reach a very detached state, as well, even if it's guided by a voice.

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post

Resistant ones- you want to let go of those.
    And Inspired ones- when source starts to express through yourself, what really is the ultimate goal of meditation, as Abe teach it!

Here are quotes about that:
    Receiving the thought vs Thinking the thought
    Yes, that's a great reminder.

Abraham also have one meditation with just music.
    I think it's helpful to keep in mind that the music on all the Abraham meditations released thus far is an important component to the meditation process of this recordings. Without the music, it would be even more difficult to accomplish the unusual breathing rhythm that Abraham ask of us in this recordings. That unusual breathing pattern distracts us from our thoughts and this quiets our minds.

Where does one get an individual mantra from? By the way, one thing I've tried when I have trouble letting go of thoughts is repeat silently to myself: no thoughts, no thoughts, in infinity. It works as my mantra in distracting me from thoughts.
    It sounds like you have found your own mantra. As has been said above already, a mantra is just a phrase upon which to focus. Since this is an attraction-based universe, you can't quiet your mind by excluding your thoughts. Instead, you quiet your mind by focusing on thoughts which.have no import or meaning to you.

Moderator's note: Friends, let's please keep this thread focused on the teachings of Abraham. Yes, a great number of teachers teach meditation, for a variety of their own reasons. These other reasons can confuse the intentions that Abraham ask of us in doing this important process. Thanks!

In this you-tube-clip, Abe speak about mantras and how itīs "almost" meditative, and how to pick a good mantra.

Abraham Hicks ~z~ Mantras & Chanting