Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Meditation practice

I generally prefer unguided meditations. Though there ARE days when I use some guided ones too. For guided ones, sometimes I use some of the Abraham-Hicks ones, other times there’s an app that I love that I can PM you if you’re interested.

For unguided / silent meditations, I have a variety of tools in my toolbox, to quote WellBeing. :P

· There’s focusing on my breath with its own variations. For e.g. inhaling through nose, exhaling through mouth. Or longer exhales than inhales. Or simply focusing on the rise and fall of my body as I breathe.

· Sometimes I imagine a giant soft brush sweeping me energetically all over from head to toe, in a straight line, or patterns.

· Sometimes I like to focus on words: quiet, soft, Abraham, comfortable, soothe, energy are all words I’ve used at times. There’s variations here too—sometimes I combine the sweeping with words, and use one word for one part of the body, and another for another. Plus, sometimes I use phrases with slight musical overtones that come to me, such as, “I like feeling comfortable. I like feeling good.”

· Sometimes it’s easier to visualize: lying in the shade of a tree, as if I’m nestled in the very heart of Gaia.

· Sometimes I do chakra breathing to begin with, inhaling systematically into each chakra and feeling it expand.

· Sometimes I like focusing on a “white noise,” either in my surroundings or by using apps that have white noises

· Sometimes I can feel the quiet, white cocoon of energy in which I am ensconced and simply focus on that.

· Then there are times when I can feel the quiet spot inside my head. Or inside my heart. And I like focusing on that.

etc. etc.

I go with what feels the easiest in that moment, and not focus too much on what I “should” be doing. The idea each time is simply to use some sort of focusing mechanism to anchor my mind to.

As I start with this anchoring, somewhere there occurs a “falling away” point—a point where basically, I’m not aware of the focusing mechanism anymore, and instead my awareness comprises of this clear, sweet, lightness that is deeply relaxing in each particle of my body.

I generally lie down to meditate (though sometimes I begin sitting up), with my eyes closed, and I know I’m done when I find that my eyes open of their own volition.

Hope that helps!

Quote Originally Posted by rose essence View Post
    For me, strangely, as I'm usually a visual person, this registers mostly as deep deep silence, it has a quality of incredible depth, like a well, and at the same time, a sense of luminosity that becomes more and more apparent as you pass some time being absorbed in it.
    I love the deep, deep silence too. It refreshes, and rejuvenates, with all the resistance simply falling away.

Banned or Not Registered
    Im going to borrow this thread for a question. Im reading aaiig and I wonder how they was breathing during the first meditation practice they did thats described early in the book? They just mention that they was breathing in silence but not how they did it.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kallekar View Post
    Im going to borrow this thread for a question. Im reading aaiig and I wonder how they was breathing during the first meditation practice they did thats described early in the book? They just mention that they was breathing in silence but not how they did it.
    Abe have made fun of the many many many questions HSīs have asked about the "right" breathing methods.

According to them, it is really totally irrelevant how you breathe, as long you feel good within it. So, no matter if you inhale or exhale through your nose or your mouth, if you lay or sit or whatever- if you feel good while doing it, it IS good!

The odd breathing rhythm they advice on their guided meditations is to give you an excuse to focus away from thinking. But it is NOT mandatory for a good meditation.

Banned or Not Registered
    Gahhh! ok. was hoping there was some specific techniques that will get me into the vortex. Ive tried the meditations cd and feelt like crap, and the breathing on my own gives me nothing. Im in a bad place at my life and have been for many many years, i just want to release resisitance and feel better....

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    I looked for the exact quote of that interaction I mentioned above, canīt find it, but it was bottomline "Itīs as easy as breathing!"

Iow, donīt make it complicated.

Banned or Not Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    I looked for the exact quote of that interaction I mentioned above, canīt find it, but it was bottomline "Itīs as easy as breathing!"

Iow, donīt make it complicated.

Well, i must be doing something "wrong", cuz it doesnt work for me. It doesnt give me anything, i want something that releases resistance, gives my mind clarity and make me feel that im where i want to be. What I feel after 15-30 min with doing long breathes in and out is emptiness, (just at the same spot as when i was when i started the meditation.)

Try with getting in touch with the body. Sense the body, its micro-movements, all the various sensing it does. Which includes breathing, but not exclusively. Let breathing be natural, but kind of follow how the movements of breathing ripple allover the body. It's very very pleasant, at least to me. If it feels good, add also the feeling of gravity when you exhale, let the structure of the body be tall and firm, but all around let the body fall with gravity, during exhalation.
    That should be enough sensing and physical basking to stop you from your tracks!

Banned or Not Registered
    When they talk about taking deep breaths is it any time inbetwen The breaths that im supposed to relax for some seconds? Like *deep breathe* Then relax With my mind fokuset on stomach-feeling for 15-30 seconds and so on. Or is it just deep breathe, deep breathe deep breathe....

Quote Originally Posted by kallekar View Post
    Well, i must be doing something "wrong", cuz it doesnt work for me. It doesnt give me anything, i want something that releases resistance, gives my mind clarity and make me feel that im where i want to be. What I feel after 15-30 min with doing long breathes in and out is emptiness, (just at the same spot as when i was when i started the meditation.)
    I'm with you, kallekar, because the typical "breathe in, breathe out" style of meditation serves me in the way you're describing. However, there are many many many ways to get into the spirit of what Abraham means by "meditation" and "breathe in, breathe out" is just one. It's just one technique, not a skill that must be mastered in order to walk through the Pearly Gates of Nirvana. Any time that we are struggling with a process, technique or any action that feels like effort (and certainly if it feels frustrating,) even when thousands of others tells us how great it is, even when Abraham tells us how great it is, we need to stop. Meditation may very well work for you and me at some point in the future, but it's no magic pathway to releasing resistance if we're not in ease about it. Myself, I have found yoga to be a tremendous avenue to the same place that meditators describe, but that's just an action (like meditation) that I've found works for me. Taking my dog on a long walk serves me in much the same way. You will find what works for you, but the important point is that, like all of this Work, it's about paying attention to how you feel in the moment, not following the actions of what thousands of other people recommend. As PoE said, feeling good while taking your resistance releasing action is feeling good and that's the bottom line. If you don't feel good, then stop that action. Doesn't mean it won't ever work for us some day, but it's futile to try and struggle our way into alignment.