Thread: my first post about success

my first post about success

hi. i took a much needed break from the forum to see how well i'd do on my own using the insight i've gained here. it's actually gone pretty well. thank you for all the contributions on my posts, i really appreciate it.

i feel at this point i have a pretty good understanding of what abe teach and now i just have to practice.

when i'm itv, i wouldn't say that i don't care about my manifestations, but i certainly care less. i still want them but i feel satisfied without them. when i'm itv, i actually don't think about my desires much because i can feel the doneness of them. and when i do think of them, i feel eagerness and expectancy.

it's a funny contrast to what my ootv moments are like. i really feel like a different person when i'm ootv. almost like i've shifted into an entirely different world or body, with someone else's brain. everything i know and believe about the universe seems to be forgotten. it's not always that drastic but i guess my point is that none of the thoughts i think from itv resonate with me when i'm ootv. i have to speak to myself differently. thinking positively doesn't feel natural when i'm ootv.

then once i'm back itv, i feel back to myself, and positive thoughts come easily again.

what helped me recently is stumbling upon abe quotes/videos about being the receiver of thoughts instead of the thinker of them. for me, it took the "get in the receiving mode" piece to a different level. i suppose from an aber perspective it seems like common sense that being in the receiving mode means receiving thoughts too, but i guess i never really made that connection. i guess i had always thought that the receiving mode just meant you're open to receiving your physical manifestations. all this time i've thought that i have to be super disciplined and watch my thoughts like a hawk. which hasn't been fun at all. but hearing this more specific explanation of receiving thoughts gave me so much relief because it made me feel like i actually have way, way less work to do mentally than i've been under the impression that i have to do.

and it makes perfect sense because like i said before, when i'm itv, positive thoughts feel completely natural and easy. in fact, when i'm itv, a lot of time i find myself doing processes without even realizing i'm doing them, such as bopa and virtual reality. especially virtual reality. i have never been one to make the conscious decision to sit down and do a process, that's when it feels like work to me. this way is more like daydreaming, i suppose. the thoughts and visuals just kinda flood my mind unintentionally. i don't know if this happens to anyone else here but i like it. it feels really natural and free flowing. it also feels good because in a way, it feels like the universe is looking out for me. i know that might be "incorrect" to say because the universe is unbiased and only reflects my vibe back to me. but it kinda feels like there's someone out there that cares about me and is helping me.

i much, much, much prefer the idea of an emotional journey than a thought journey. it feels so much easier to me.

i'd like to take a second to acknowledge for myself the accomplishments i've had since joining the forum. especially the things i've posted about struggling with.

- i have sincerely stopped giving a rip what people think about me (thank god)
    - because of that^ i have stopped judging myself so harshly for when i "screw up"
    - also because of that^^ i have lessened the amount of judgement i have for others because i realize how irrelevant what they think/do is, to me
    - i have lessened my knee-jerk reactions
    - because of that^ i have been able to do a better job of holding my tongue when i'm ootv
    - i have gained better control of emotions like irritation and anger, i feel them less often and less intense (these were my most difficult to soothe)
    - i have finally felt the benefit of going general (always heard it, never resonated with me before)
    - i've lessened how much i try to "figure things out" and follow my feelings more
    - i've learned that i don't need to think about the future, just now
    - contrast hurts less
    - i've had some realizations about "the unfolding" that have helped soothe me in my moments of impatience and lack (something i've been stuck on for as long as i can remember)

and it's all happened in a pretty short amount of time. i'm proud of myself.

Good for you.

And good for you for finding satisfaction in these vibrational successes first, which means that you're having fun along the way to your see it/hear it/smell it/taste it/touch it successes.

Quote Originally Posted by little sunflower View Post
    my ootv moments are like. i really feel like a different person when i'm ootv. almost like i've shifted into an entirely different world or body, with someone else's brain. everything i know and believe about the universe seems to be forgotten. it's not always that drastic but i guess my point is that none of the thoughts i think from itv resonate with me when i'm ootv. i have to speak to myself differently. thinking positively doesn't feel natural when i'm ootv. then once i'm back itv, i feel back to myself, and positive thoughts come easily again.

all this time i've thought that i have to be super disciplined and watch my thoughts like a hawk. which hasn't been fun at all. but hearing this more specific explanation of receiving thoughts gave me so much relief because it made me feel like i actually have way, way less work to do mentally than i've been under the impression that i have to do and it makes perfect sense because like i said before, when i'm itv, positive thoughts feel completely natural and easy. in fact, when i'm itv, a lot of time i find myself doing processes without even realizing i'm doing them, such as bopa and virtual reality. especially virtual reality. i have never been one to make the conscious decision to sit down and do a process, that's when it feels like work to me. this way is more like daydreaming, i suppose. the thoughts and visuals just kinda flood my mind unintentionally. i don't know if this happens to anyone else here but i like it. it feels really natural and free flowing. it also feels good because in a way, it feels like the universe is looking out for me. i know that might be "incorrect" to say because the universe is unbiased and only reflects my vibe back to me. but it kinda feels like there's someone out there that cares about me and is helping me.

i much, much, much prefer the idea of an emotional journey than a thought journey. it feels so much easier to me.

IMO, what you explained is what being ITV means to oneself. To me: OOTV moment is me as a different person, with a different brain, with a different heart, with a different perspective, with a different reality and there are MANY DELUSIONS when you are OOTV instead of ITV.

What you mentioned about (I prefer Higher Power term) looking out for you is very true because it is a stream of well being.

Quote Originally Posted by little sunflower View Post
    - i have sincerely stopped giving a rip what people think about me (thank god)
    - because of that^ i have stopped judging myself so harshly for when i "screw up"
    - also because of that^^ i have lessened the amount of judgement i have for others because i realize how irrelevant what they think/do is, to me
    - i have lessened my knee-jerk reactions
    - because of that^ i have been able to do a better job of holding my tongue when i'm ootv
    - i have gained better control of emotions like irritation and anger, i feel them less often and less intense (these were my most difficult to soothe)
    - i have finally felt the benefit of going general (always heard it, never resonated with me before)
    - i've lessened how much i try to "figure things out" and follow my feelings more
    - i've learned that i don't need to think about the future, just now
    - contrast hurts less
    - i've had some realizations about "the unfolding" that have helped soothe me in my moments of impatience and lack (something i've been stuck on for as long as i can remember)

Well done

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    congratulations!!

when i'm itv, i wouldn't say that i don't care about my manifestations, but i certainly care less. i still want them but i feel satisfied without them.
    of course you care!
    Hey, itīs your CREATION!!!

But as you say, the point is to care from ITV about it.

Stop the sanctimony!

HS wanting to understand conditional and unconditional life, deeper.

HS:
    I REALLY donīt care about the manifestation because
    I know there is momentum...

Abe:
    Letīs say that better!
    Letīs say that better.

I CARE about every one of those manifestations.
    I just donīt need to take score, right now!

Because I am wise enough to know, they are evolving -
    and will appear at the perfect place, in the perfect point,
    and the perfect time (...)
    RIGHT NOW, I donīt care about the absence of them,
    because I know the absence of them
    is not a permanent condition!

HS:
    Yes, itīs temporary!

Abe:
    Thatīs DIFFERENT than saying "I donīt care", isnīt it!
    I donīt care about the absence of them, because I know
    that the absence of them is a temporary condition.
    And in my absence of angst about it,
    I am producing an atmosphere of allowing,

that is the path of least resistance- which is going
    to produce the conditions, that I want.

Isnīt that interesting?
    I have to be unconditional,
    in order to get the condition.

from the interaction with Baseball-Guy Doug, on the clip
    Abraham Hicks 2015 01 10 San Diego; Part 2 of 3

well done little sunflower lovely for you to explain it all so succinctly and in detail
    I relate to so much of this and my journey in LOA
    here is to more expansion and love and fun!
    xxx

thank you all. i'm glad to say that i have developed the belief that everything i want is possible and can absolutely happen for me. whether or not i can manage to line up with it is another story. but at least i feel comfortable in the thought that it's possible.