Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Moving from boredom/contentment to Hope

Moving from boredom/contentment to Hope

Edit: I should retitle this moving from Hope to Knowing! Because I've talked myself back into Hope! I did that! And I know I did that!

Hi everybody. This is my first post on this forum. I've been reading for a little bit, and just recently read Ask and It is Given. Anyway, so I want to be really tall. That's my goal. A few months ago, I visualized myself for a little while, and then measured. And I actually grew a bit! About a quarter-half an inch, but still something. This gave me optimism. But then I sort of ruined it by constantly measuring, and now I was down to disappointment, and frustration. I stayed there for a while.

I just measured myself again a few days ago, and this time no growth, just as I expected. But I was frustrated anymore, I guess I was bored. I was in boredom. I didn't care anymore. Slowly, I started to appreciate myself. I moved up to contentment, and knew that this is exactly where I needed to be in the first place- make peace with what I am-- not needing the manifestation. Then, I guess I moved up to hopefulness like today. But, unfortunately, I feel the need to constantly take score, and so -- I measured again. No difference. However, unlike last time where I was disappointed, or frustrated, I'm somewhat bored again. But quite close to being content. In fact, I'd say I'm in between the two.

The reason I got to hope was because I started seeing a few vibrational matches. For example, someone just posted a thread where they grew to 6"2 -- my dream height -- exactly from my height (around 5"9). That, I know was Source saying -- look, you're staying at hopefulness, and now we're showing you signs, keep doing what you're doing, keep visualizing, and doing focus wheels, and meditating, and BoPA, and just let the Vortex take you in. Unfortunately, I measured again. And now I'm not at hope, but more back at boredom (I feel I've done this over and over again and don't care).

So I need some guidance. What do i do? I keep taking score. I know I must stop doing that. But how do I get back up to hope? And from hope -- to Belief. And then to knowing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by TheBigGuy; 09-02-2017 at 02:12 PM. Reason: Feeling Better!

Another post (sorry I'm just riding a high flying disk right now):

Well, I think I'm back at hopefulness! Yay! I talked myself back into it! Now I'm gonna start eating healthy, and working out, so I feel really good about body! And I'll meditate every day -- and do a BoPA if I feel like doing it -- and visualize/script whenever I feel good! And then I know that it will happen! IT has to! It's law! I feel great again!

Welcome to the Forum, TBG!

Since your thread had unfolded into a"work" thread, I'm going to move it over to the Practicing the Teachings sub-forum where our coaching-types tend to hang out.

It is not strange to me at all to be constantly seeing those threads about growing height. I do have the same desire so it is driftwood like you mentioned.

All I am planning to say: you cannot get it wrong, I suggest you continue to do, what makes you feel good, from all the processes that you mentioned: focus on the one that makes you feel really good, that is the intention behind those processes, to feel good!

Thank you! Oh and I managed to talk myself from Frustration to Around Hopefulness in a matter of minutes! And in that instant the TV screen shows a guy who's weight is 89kg and height is... well, you guessed it. 6"2! My dream height!

Yea, I think the way I did it before was by scripting/visualizing and most important not taking score. Oddly enough, i stopped growing the day I took score. Not a coincidence. And I'd recommend working out - gives you the same feeling - confidence, superiority, power.

What processes do you do out of curiosity? I think if you're seeing driftwood (i call them vibrational matches with your desire) then you're probably around hopefulness to optimism. From here it seems to me it's just a matter of continuing to visualize, and meditate, and feel good.

Thank you! You're one of my favorite posters actually! The focus wheel thread is really helpful -- although I don't do them that often anymore. For the most part I can talk myself up to hopefulness nowadays.

I think it's just a matter of staying at this hopefulness long enough. It's easily accessible because I have done it before. Staying here long enough and the momentum will get me in the Vortex.

And someone correct me on this if I'm wrong, but according to Abe everything is about momentum. I think it's really important to not keep score -- because then it's no longer hoping but frustration if there is no difference on height, and I have to do all the work again (get up to contentment, appreciate even more and more, and then slowly talk myself into hope again). Basically, keeping score stops the positive momentum and turns it negative, so don't keep score, just keep hope, and it'll take you in right?

And if I do get negative momentum -- don't let it build up! Because if you let it build up, frustration falls down to disappointment and doubt, and now you've got even more work to do. Get right back up there to hope (or start thinking maybe I can) as quick as I can - within the next few minutes if possible!

Have I got that correct?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigGuy View Post
    I think it's just a matter of staying at this hopefulness long enough. It's easily accessible because I have done it before. Staying here long enough and the momentum will get me in the Vortex.

So, what is the “it” that “it's a matter of” here?

If you're asking about “how should I go about my 'work’?,” then allow me to offer two comments.

First and most importantly, I'd say you already know what to do. You demonstrated that to us here. (Although I think that it’s a shame that you deleted that post, which could've been helpful to our Forum friends.)

If you still have questions after your demonstration, then I would say that insisting that you remain at Hopefulness long enough might be making things more difficult for you than they need to be. As you know, here on the Forum, we build off of Abraham’s powerful words of “You are where you are and where you are is all right” and recommend that our Forum friends make peace with where they are, wherever it might be on the Scale--in this moment and in this next moment and in this next moment and…--and then feel better from there. That “better” counts, even if it’s not all the way to Hopefulness or wherever else you’ve targeted on the Scale.

And someone correct me on this if I'm wrong, but according to Abe everything is about momentum.

I know that I, too, have heard them say that, but I think that focusing on that single point really distorts these teachings in an unhelpful way. You see, momentum isn’t our job. Our job is to focus. The LoA responds to our focus and, in doing so, creates vibrational momentum.

So, I would say that understanding vibrational momentum is helpful in our effective application of these teachings but, as you later point out, once we’ve generated vibrational momentum, we have fewer vibrational options we can use.

I think it's really important to not keep score --

As we say about all action, it’s not the action so much that’s important; it’s the vibration behind the action that’s far more important. So, I would say this differently. Taking score, in and of itself, isn’t a “bad” thing. It’s also not necessarily a “good” thing. If you were to take a positive score or if you were to take a positive vibrational score, those sorts of score-taking would be a helpful thing to you.

...because then it's no longer hoping but frustration if there is no difference on height,...

A couple of things here: “Hope” is a word (like “love”) that we humans have messed up. When we humans talk about “hope,” we typically don’t mean the vibration of Hopefulness. More often than not, we mean “yearning” or “wishful thinking,” which is very different from Hopefulness, that feeling that everything is always working out for me, so this too has to be one of those things that is also working out for me. Can you feel the difference? Now, I can’t tell you (nor is it my place to tell you) whether, in your post, you were feeling “hope” or Hopefulness. But this is something of which you’ll want to be aware. I think that’s why Abraham used the label “Hopefulness” for the Scale to differentiate that vibration from the way we humans commonly use that word.

The other thing I want to mention is that the reason why you feel your frustration is because you’re wanting your height to change so that you can feel better. Abraham want us to turn that around. They teach us to feel better first, without needing our manifested conditions to change first, and then our manifestations will change to match our improved conditions.

So, how can you feel better about where you are right now? Because, as far as your IB* is concerned, you are where you are and where you are is all right. After all, where you are is your creation, too. Your IB celebrates all of your creations. How can you make peace with where you are? You’ve heard the expression, “The joy is in the journey”? How can you find joy in this vibrational journey?

...and I have to do all the work again (get up to contentment, appreciate even more and more, and then slowly talk myself into hope again).

This is such a telling statement. When I hear it, it almost always tips me off that the person making such a statement is not hearing the key point of “feel better.” Typically, they are doing their “work” like some sort of magic spell with the intention of getting their stuff, not with the intention of “feeling better.” That intention (of getting their stuff) actually gets in the way of getting their stuff.

If you’re doing your “work” to “feel better,” as Abraham teach us (and we here recommend), then you’re feeling relief--sweet relief!--every step of the way from Frustration to Hopefulness. When someone makes a comment such as this, then they really haven’t personally experienced the sweet relief of the vibrational shifts Abraham are asking us to make. That’s why they say to Abraham, “All right, Abraham, I’ll play your silly game. I’ll pay the terrible price of happiness in order to get my stuff.” When they actually feel the sweet relief, they don’t talk about all the work again. That’s why I put “work” in quotation marks. That’s the English expression but that expression doesn’t accurately express the emotional experience we’re talking about.

Basically, keeping score stops the positive momentum and turns it negative, so don't keep score, just keep hope, and it'll take you in right?

The thing here is that vibrationally you’re not at the vibration of Hopefulness. Instead, you have a different momentum going on. (I don’t know. Doubt? Worry? Anger? Insecurity? And the labels themselves don’t matter at all.) Your actual vibration isn’t shifting. Because of that, you’re allowing a momentum to build up. That momentum inspires you to measure yourself in an attempt to soothe your vibrational/emotional discord through action. You’re showing yourself that action doesn’t have the leverage to soothe vibrational/emotional discord.

And if I do get negative momentum -- don't let it build up! Because if you let it build up, frustration falls down to disappointment and doubt, and now you've got even more work to do.

“Oh, man! I have to feel some more relief again!” If you were in the HS, Abraham might playfully ask you, “Really?!?”

Get right back up there to hope (or start thinking maybe I can) as quick as I can - within the next few minutes if possible!

Have I got that correct?

I wouldn’t agree with this.

First off, what’s so bad about not being at “hope” that you need to get back there as quick as you can? That’s an honest question because your answers will be some of your resistant thoughts that you’ll want to soothe.

Remember, “you are where you are and where you are is all right.” That’s true even if you’re not at “hope” in the way that you’re insisting here. And your IB certainly won’t insist that you get right back up there to hope as quick as you can.

Is it possible that you can shift your focus? Absolutely..
    Will reminding yourself that you have the ability to shift your focus feel better? A lot of the time, it will.
    Will recalling that in the past you have exercised the ability that you do have to shift your focus so that you did feel better help you to feel better? A lot of the time, it will.
    Will these thoughts feel better? Often, they will.

Will the earth stop turning on its axis if you don’t get there as quick as you can? What happens, what’s so awful, what are the consequences if you don’t get there as quick as you can? These are ideas that you’ll want to soothe.

*You can find a translation of the acronyms and abbreviations that we commonly use here on the Forum in our Glossary.

Thank you! Oh and I managed to talk myself from Frustration to Around Hopefulness in a matter of minutes! And in that instant the TV screen shows a guy who's weight is 89kg and height is... well, you guessed it. 6"2! My dream height!

Yea, I think the way I did it before was by scripting/visualizing and most important not taking score. Oddly enough, i stopped growing the day I took score. Not a coincidence. And I'd recommend working out - gives you the same feeling - confidence, superiority, power.

What processes do you do out of curiosity? I think if you're seeing driftwood (i call them vibrational matches with your desire) then you're probably around hopefulness to optimism. From here it seems to me it's just a matter of continuing to visualize, and meditate, and feel good.
    You are right in assessing my current point of attraction, it is around that.

• In relation to working out, I do it for fun. I only started a week ago.
    • In relation to processes, I do rampage of appreciation, emotional leverage or relativity, placement mat, prosperity game, magical box of creation, a lot of virtual realities especially before bed time, napping, and my main role which is to find BFTs (you can look at my threads in practiceoftheteachings and rampageofappreciation subforum since I post everything there, it is general not only relate to this desire).
    • My favorite process is to visualize myself taller and I stretch my body, in a way that makes you feel taller, or I look at the mirror from an angel that makes me look slimmer and taller. I sometimes even visualize myself standing to take my height and see it two inches taller or so (I think your mistake is taking score, soften it by what I mention).

And someone correct me on this if I'm wrong, but according to Abe everything is about momentum. I think it's really important to not keep score -- because then it's no longer hoping but frustration if there is no difference on height, and I have to do all the work again (get up to contentment, appreciate even more and more, and then slowly talk myself into hope again). Basically, keeping score stops the positive momentum and turns it negative, so don't keep score, just keep hope, and it'll take you in right?

And if I do get negative momentum -- don't let it build up! Because if you let it build up, frustration falls down to disappointment and doubt, and now you've got even more work to do. Get right back up there to hope (or start thinking maybe I can) as quick as I can - within the next few minutes if possible!

Have I got that correct?

You got it wrong in relation to negative momentum. No such thing, it is only resisted momentum. There is only a stream of Well being according to Abraham guidelines.