Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to make peace with work situation

Want to make peace with work situation

I have come to a stage where I truly am sick of my work situation. I have been stuck in the same job for ten years and my heart simply isn't in it anymore. I work in retail and I have come to a point where I don't want to progress forwards and I can't afford to resign. And year in year out I watch people leave and get other jobs whilst I stay stuck in stagnation.
    Now this is one area that I try to apply the teachings to. I have tried to make statements that provide relief for me and occasionally I can get little bits of relief. But the physical manifestation gets right up in my face and I don't see what the point is in feeling better, in finding better feeling thoughts when you drag yourself into work over and over again to the same job day after day. Sigh.
    I know people who have been stuck in situations like mine and have managed to make massive amounts of progress...but through action only. There were two girls that I worked with, who now have good jobs and one has even moved out of our deadbeat town in northern England to London and I'm pretty sure they both took a lot of action, looked for jobs, want to interviews etc. And yet they are not really any less in alignment than I am. In fact one of the girls even got a well paid job And got poached by an agency just because "they liked the look of her" and she happens to be young, hot 23 year old girl.
    I have re read all the Abe books and I know the emphasis that they have on the non physical and our vibrational reality, that everything is vibrational. And I also know they don't dismiss the role of action in the physical world, and how action that is taken when we are in alignment is inspired effective action. Yet i know plenty of people who were far from being aligned who have got off their butts and taken action and gotten results.... whilst I am no less aligned am still stagnating in my pretty much dead and job. I literally feel like my only two options are either find a winning lottery ticket or getting my butt and taking lots of action and disrupting my normal mundane boring life....
    I want to believe these teachings are true, I really do. I have read countless threads and also posts by Hands in the clay and the money thread.What really stumps me is the notion that in order for things to change, I have to make peace with things the way they are and I can't, I just can't. I just feel sooo utterly powerless and sad and full of self pity and also totally hate where I am.
    I know I have had feedback off the forum before and have posted threads of a similar nature too.
    But today I have had a rough day and i found out a friend who i have worked with for years is leaving. I'm not sure how finding better feeling thoughts and going general is going to make any difference on my day to day physical reality. I am just feeling dissillusioned and feel like i actually need a physical manisfestation to take place before I can feel better, even though Abe teach us the opposite is true.
    I appreciate all the help the forum has given me in the past, but I'm really not there Yet.

Everyone is different, but in my case, I have been able to make most progress in the areas where I knew what I wanted, when I had some idea of the direction I wanted to move in. This didn't mean action journey, it simply meant that I had an approximate vision of where I wanted to be and I was able to keep this vision in front of me.

In reading your initial post, I didn't get a distinct feeling of what you wanted, only the feeling that there was something you didn't want in a very strong way. Maybe if you focused on what you want, it would help propel you in the desired direction?

Hi Felicie
    Yeah there is the fact that I'm focusing on what I don't want. And at the moment I am very much focused on what is in front of me, the What-is of my situation.
    That interests me when you say you didn't focus so much on the action journey, and you had a much more general approach to where you want to be. Whereas I would like to do this but I get too hung up on the specifics of the situation. I just find it very difficult to focus on what I want when my present reality is "up in my face" and when i have an hour before work and am dreading the day ahead.

Might doing some focus wheels be helpful in figuring our what you want in a job that would make you happy? It doesn't have to be "realistic" or specific. You could start with something very general and stay on that general level as long as it feels comfortable. Abraham have a process they call pivoting which I have used a lot. Whenever you come across something that you don't like, you ask yourself: and what would I like instead? This was something that gave me instant relief. It could also be a good starting point in outlining your ideal job.

Want to make peace with work situation

Actually there's no need for you to know how this area of your life should look like. Just get into the Vortex any way you can and the LoA will send opportunities your way. Then you will probably have to take some sort of action. Good luck!

Thank you for your replies F
    Focus wheels and pivoting are processes that I am familiar with. But each process has it's vibrational range as in AAIG, and for both those processes you have to be at the set point of anger and above. Right now, the way I feel about my work situation is at depression/despair/grief (I assume you are aware of the scale) and also insecurity/ unworthiness. Also , right now, if you were to do the process of pivoting I am in such a crappy place with work, if you were to ask me what I want my only response would be " pfffffftttt no idea *white noise in my head*
    But like you said it's difference for everyone : hugs

real quick here.... I have to always come back to this idea " I have to love myself more than I want to even the score with them somehow" [what ever that "even" means at the time.]

Quote Originally Posted by lemon-up View Post
    real quick here.... I have to always come back to this idea " I have to love myself more than I want to even the score with them somehow" [what ever that "even" means at the time.]

i'm still writing my new story on this , and every day it improves for me.

the boss simply enjoys seeing ppl's reactions (and likes to say that even).

; and likes to get relief in any way he can when he's frustrated.[This is the has been story-I really now have to change my story on this right here].

AND! this story has given me some relief myself over the years cos it makes them t he bad guy . but we don't even need a bad guy for a new story.

some info:
    my job has always been this way due to the type of work and ppl they hire, but the job is good and close to home. So I stay for the reasons that it is working for me rather than leaving for the reasons that annoy me.

it has all gotten easier since applying the teachings to my daily life ,and we have a much better work crew than ever before... the whole thing has a lot of old,deep momentum from decades of dug in behaviors. [ just like most of the world].

creating new pipes and new more positive momentum is simply an ongoing task I do daily.
    i'm still learning to release resistance in all areas of my life.
    i'm still having contrast that causes me to fine tune..

I still sometimes feel like I can't quite get this cos it's not flowing perfectly smooth.... then I remember that it's not going to go perfectly smooth til I croak. So I pick myself up and keep going

mostly things go really easy for me; but like I said.... it's a daily adventure of interacting with lots of ppl and it's up to me to feel better no matter what flows.

I really do appreciate the input that various forum members have given me on this forum, I have tried some of the processes but I'm simply not feeling that relief factor that is at the heart of these teachings and I'm just wondering if I'm better off pursuing another modality of healing. I just keep getting the impression that I'm missing something.
    Thank you for the replies

Quote Originally Posted by lauriewinter09 View Post
    I really do appreciate the input that various forum members have given me on this forum, I have tried some of the processes but I'm simply not feeling that relief factor that is at the heart of these teachings and I'm just wondering if I'm better off pursuing another modality of healing. I just keep getting the impression that I'm missing something.
    Thank you for the replies
    I use lots of different teachings, all have assisted me in gaining the clarity and enjoyment of life that I have now. there isn't just one way to find relief and feelings that feel good.

abe
    teaches about Law of Attraction and how that works;, so if you are desiring to feel better then you will find that modality that assists you. that too is LOA

the idea is to find better feeling thots and better feeling feelings [teachers, pets, sports, processes, soothing music , meditation, reading books, painting, singing, dancing ].

it all adds up to feeling better. that is the message.... feel better. and it sometimes changes slower and in a way that doesn't feel like it's doing anything......but it is