Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: If We Manifest Something Unwanted that at One Time Was Wanted?

  1. #1

    If We Manifest Something Unwanted that at One Time Was Wanted?

    Hypothetical Question: What happens if we manifest something "unwanted" that at one point in time we had "wanted"

    This could be anything. Here are a few examples:

    You have always dreamed of working for company X or performing X job or role, but you then go on to find a job in company Y performing Y job or role and you really love company Y and role Y so you no longer want the other "thing" - but then let's say 6 months after you start this job at company Y, company X calls you with a job offer matching exactly what you once wanted.

    Or you have always wanted to be with partner X, but then you begin dating partner Y, and you realize how much better in every way Y is than X, but then X begs to be back with you.

    Or you've always wanted to see band X perform live in concert. The concert is sold out though, so you make plans to do something else, maybe see a different band that you've also always wanted to see on the same night at the same time, when suddenly your friend calls up that he has tickets to the first concert you'd wanted to see after you've already purchased tickets/made plans to go see the other band.

    Or Let's say you're out looking for a place to eat and you walk by this really trendy restaurant, but it's expensive and the line is super long, so you decide to go to a different restaurant. After you return home, your friend or family member had just happened to go to that restaurant and they brought home the exact meal you were wanting, and they're encouraging you to try it, but you no longer desire it, because you're full from the other meal. Let's say that it's some type of delicate food that won't keep well overnight or the next day.

    ---------------------

    Would these be manifesting because you let go of resistance, or would they be manifesting because we still really do want these desires, and we are "lying" to ourselves or "denying" ourselves or "limiting" ourselves by trying to tell ourselves we no longer want these things? Or that we're happier with the other things?

    Because it seems like some things manifest more quickly when we no longer are focusing on how badly we want them.

    In this case, should we pursue the original desire? Is that the strongest desire? Things can't manifest unless we're a vibrational match for them, so they must still be things we are wanting (as long as our vibration is high and in a wanting/receptive state). Or have we already expanded past these desires and should pursue the new options? If we check our IB and both options are "in agreement" or "in alignment" and both options will create about equal feelings of joy or relief etc, how do we know which desires to pursue and which to release?

  2. #2
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,199
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaRose View Post
    Hypothetical Question:
    The challenge with Hypothetical Questions is that you have no vibrational skin in the game. You are no longer using your emotional guidance system, which is how you come to the answers to the questions that you're asking here of us. In actual situations, you will have access to your emotional guidance system and you will be more able to answer these questions more accurately for yourself.

    In your questions, I hear that you're beginning to wean yourself away from the flawed premise that there is "The.Right.Condition." You're beginning to understand that it never was condition X or condition Y which caused your good experience. You're beginning to let go of the need for this one or that and opening yourself to the idea you can find your alignment (which DOES cause your good experience) under any and all conditions.

    When we operate from that flawed premise (of "The.Right.Condition"), we then believe that we "need" to identify (and then go out and get) The.Right.Condition. When we start to let go of that flawed premise and glimpse the reality that it's not condition X or Y that's responsible for our good experience, that it's our alignment which produces our good experience and we begin to see that we can manage our alignment under more and more circumstances, then we can let go of that "need" for The.Right.Condition.

    Then we can relax. Then we can see life as that buffet that Abraham talk about. Or, better yet, like a good restaurant where everything that's on the menu will please you so it's just a matter of ordering what you want or enjoying what you had ordered which the waiter has brought to you. And, sure, there are those people who can think the thought that if they order the lobster, they won't be able to enjoy the rack of lamb that's also on the menu to diminish their enjoyment of their dining experience, but there are BFTs than that one and those BFTs will enhance their meal rather than diminish it.

    One more general point and then I'll answer your questions directly:
    Quote Originally Posted by AquaRose View Post
    What happens if we manifest something "unwanted" that at one point in time we had "wanted"
    Another thing that's going on with your examples is that you're using an inaccurate definition of unwanted. First off (and this is important), there is no such thing as wholly "unwanted." EVERY particle of the universe--every thought, every person, every object, every experience, every thing--is a mixture of wanted (by you) and unwanted (by you). When we talk about the "wanted" or "unwanted" in the context of this material, we're actually being a little bit lazy because what we really mean to say is "largely unwanted" or "identified as wanted."

    Your conditions Y aren't truly "unwanted," not in the way that we usually use that term in this material. It's just that, in your examples, prior to their manifestations, you hadn't yet identified your wanted aspects of Y. Your examples do include in them (Good for you) your ability to go into condition Y, find your wanted aspects and line up with them. That's the key. That's why you're able to enjoy condition Y.

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaRose View Post
    Would these be manifesting because you let go of resistance, or would they be manifesting because we still really do want these desires, and we are "lying" to ourselves or "denying" ourselves or "limiting" ourselves by trying to tell ourselves we no longer want these things?
    The answer to this really will vary person-to-person and condition-to-condition. We need the emotional guidance system of that person to accurately answer this question. It could be either of these options.

    It could also be that they have used their awareness that they don't have their The.Right.Condition X, in spite of condition Y being more satisfying, as their continued focus on condition X. You get what you think about, whether you want it or not. They could well be manifesting a less-desirable condition X out of stubbornness. They might rather be "right" than happy.

    My point is there are many possibilities here and, because of those possibilities, there's no definitive single answer to the question as you've asked it. If you'd like an answer to an actual situation that you're currently living, then we might be able to identify that for you. For another person, their answer might well be different.

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaRose View Post
    Or that we're happier with the other things?
    The amount of your happiness doesn't derive from the "things." The amount of your happiness ALWAYS is a product of your own alignment, which you can reach for and find for all "things."

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaRose View Post
    Because it seems like some things manifest more quickly when we no longer are focusing on how badly we want them.
    Absolutely. When we stop beating the drum of their absence and pleading our needy case for how much we "neeeeeeeeed" them, that's our releasing our resistance.

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaRose View Post
    In this case, should we pursue the original desire?
    Should I order the lobster or the rack of lamb?

    You're falling back into the trap of The.Right.Condition. It's not condition X or Y or 3 or &. It's never about the conditions. It's ALWAYS our alignment which produces our happiness, our abundance, our joy, our vitality.

    So, it really doesn't matter, which you choose now. Oh, and you can choose again later, too, just like you can return to the restaurant again later. That's a piece that you're leaving out of your consideration as you formulate these questions.

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaRose View Post
    Is that the strongest desire?
    That's a different way of saying The.Right.Condition, isn't it?

    You can feel what your "strongest" desire is. If you can't, then it's either not materially "stronger" or you still have enough resistance to your "stronger" desire that you can't fully feel the "strength" of your desire.

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaRose View Post
    Things can't manifest unless we're a vibrational match for them, so they must still be things we are wanting (as long as our vibration is high and in a wanting/receptive state).
    Not necessarily. After all, you're always expanding. For all you know, you might now have expanded beyond X and Y and your Vortex version is now Z.

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaRose View Post
    Or have we already expanded past these desires and should pursue the new options?
    I like to use the word "should" as a big ol' red flag. "Should," according to whom? There is no "should" in these teachings. "Should" implies that there's a "right" and a "wrong." Not according to your IB, not according to Abraham. You cannot get it wrong, because you will not get it done.

    What do you want? That's the question that you really want to be asking. And if it's not a "Hell, yeah!" then it's a "Hell, no!"

    Go/Stay, the action that you "should" take doesn't matter. It's your alignment that matters. If you go to condition X and you don't maintain your alignment, then condition X will be a less pleasing experience. And it's the pleasing experience that you want from any condition. That's the definition of "wanted:" "I want this because I believe that I will feel better in the having of it." Your "feel better" is ALWAYS a function of your alignment, never the conditions. That's why we seldom answer the "Should I stay?/Should I go?" questions, because those actions don't factor into what you're really wanting to know.

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaRose View Post
    If we check our IB and both options are "in agreement" or "in alignment" and both options will create about equal feelings of joy or relief etc, how do we know which desires to pursue and which to release?
    If that's the case, then it doesn't matter which one you select, right? Order the lobster or the rack of lamb. Your call. (And just because it's on the menu doesn't mean you have to order it.)

  3. #3
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    68,421
    "The Universe knows EXACTLY what you want.
    Itīs not scratching itīs head, not knowing what to do, with you!"

    -Abe


    Our desires evolve constantly. Thatīs what "evolution" IS!
    So, the Vortex-version gets permanently updated.

  4. #4
    Well perhaps a better way to phrase it would have been to have said something like "Before I discovered the teachings of Abraham, I had experienced "ill-timed" manifestations (maybe that's a better word than "unwanted" in these examples). And instead of "Hypothetical" perhaps a "Reflective" question about past experiences although I'm not currently experiencing this right now

    But yes, I agree; there really is no 100% absolute "thing" that will make us happy. And even when we do rely on that "thing" be it a job, a person, a posession, whatever, there will be times when we will think OOTV thoughts, because we are human, and that's OK, but when we think those thoughts about that "thing" then it will diminish our "happiness" or the "attachment" that we have falsely placed on these "things" to deliver us happiness. Like if you have a project at work causing you stress (or you choose to blame it anyways even though if you were ITV you'd know it's not the cause of the stress), you might for a few weeks not enjoy the job as much; or if your partner and you have a disagreement, or your food is excellent, but the service is poor, or there's a crying baby while you're trying to have an adult night out, etc, any number of things again temporarily if you've come to DEPEND on those conditions, the job, the partner, the meal, the food, etc... "things" will let you down, based on your thoughts towards those things.

    But I think that there are also times where your IB can say "This thing is good" and "This thing is also good"

    I guess as you say, then in those cases it really wouldn't matter which path we chose, since there's no "correct" path. I think I sometimes wonder/worry about making wrong choices where sometimes I can get scared to make a choice at all sometimes (that was all before I knew about learning to feel my way to a better choice though).

    I also like how you point out there might be even other paths that better fit the vortex version of our desires, invalidating both paths, but perhaps we're meant to experience, one, or even both paths, to aid us in expanding to get from X to Y to Z and then on and on, because they say we're never "done" asking and so it's never "done" being given . Thanks for that reminder!

  5. #5
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,199
    Some tweaking here:

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaRose View Post
    Like if you have a project at work causing you stress (or you choose to blame it anyways even though if you were ITV you'd know it's not the cause of the stress)...
    Then you can use your knowledge of these teachings to use your emotional guidance of "stress" to catch yourself in your inaccurate story about the project causing you stress. In response to your emotional guidance of "stress," you can choose to shift your story to a more accurate understanding that it's your thoughts about the project which are causing you stress. In doing so, you will have regained some of the power you had been giving away in your inaccurate story. In your increased experience of your power, you will feel less stress. (And you don't have to endure a full "few weeks" of diminished enjoyment of your job. It's all right, if you do, but you don't have to.)

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaRose View Post
    ...any number of things again temporarily if you've come to DEPEND on those conditions, the job, the partner, the meal, the food, etc... "things" will let you down, based on your thoughts towards those things.
    And in doing so, you more clearly understand that you have a habit of focus (on the conditions) which doesn't always serve you. That's good to know.

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaRose View Post
    But I think that there are also times where your IB can say "This thing is good" and "This thing is also good"
    Lobster can be good and rack of lamb can also be good and they can also be on the same menu at the same time. Does it really matter then which one you choose?

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaRose View Post
    I guess as you say, then in those cases it really wouldn't matter which path we chose, since there's no "correct" path. I think I sometimes wonder/worry about making wrong choices where sometimes I can get scared to make a choice at all sometimes (that was all before I knew about learning to feel my way to a better choice though).
    Your Worry and your scared are your guidance, indicating that although you have heard that there's no correct path, you Believe something different from what you've heard. It's all right that you Believe something different from what you've heard, but now that you've identified that you have this gap, you get to choose which of these thoughts you'd like to practice.

    And I don't think, from what I'm hearing from you here, that you'll be able to instantly jump from what you currently Believe to this idea that you've heard. This thread sort of highlights that there's a big gap there. That's all right. But you can start a vibrational journey to close that gap.

    Quote Originally Posted by AquaRose View Post
    ...but perhaps we're meant to...
    "Meant to"? No, never. There's no one backseat-driving us like that. No one with a checklist that you must eat your broccoli before you get your relationship.

    You're not "meant to" anything. You are the one choosing. You choose everything that you experience. And notice that I'm not saying that you choose deliberately or out of awareness, but you do choose. And you choose as best you can. And you cannot get it wrong, because you will not get it done.

  6. #6
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    68,421
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post

    "Meant to"? No, never. There's no one backseat-driving us like that. No one with a checklist that you must eat your broccoli before you get your relationship.


  7. #7
    I meant more that by experiencing X and / or experiencing Y we send off more rockets of desire, which maybe would never have been set off if we hadn't had the "contrast" of X and Y to lead us to "fine tuning" what we really want in Z, and from Z we will again fine tune and want A, B or C - But had we never had made those (seemingly to us in that moment) "wrong" decisions, we would not have been exposed to that contrast to further fine tune and create what we do want.

    I don't know if it'll be a "hard" decision if / when "ill timed manifestations" occur again, because I've only been doing LOA and the "work" of raising my vibration for 2 or 3 months, so this "fear" and "scared to make a decision" was all pre Abraham and LOA . So now when they happen again I'm not sure if I will have that same "indecisiveness" because as you say, it's hard to know how we will feel unless we are in that situation. I'd like to think I'd handle things a lot better than previously, because I FEEL so much better than previously .

    I agree it is a slow process, back in June or July I was depressed... and I stayed there for awhile, and eventually at some point, did the "work" of going up the emotional scale, read the book, began journaling almost every day, doing exercises from the book, as well as scripting, and visualizing, and meditating, and all of the things Abraham teaches us.

    I know we can't go from depressed to happy - but I don't really remember now looking back what "stops" I made along the way. Depression, Blame, Guilt, Anger/Resentment, Acceptance, Doubt/Worry, I'm sure all of those things, But I spent a consistent time at "optimistic or hopeful". Because I do believe in manifestation and creating our realities because I've done so before. And now that I've discovered Abraham, I have a new tool set to more easily achieve what I had already been achieving.

    I remember when I first read the book, and looked through the exercises. I was like "Well, nope, can't do that one, or this one, or this one" I was limited to like maybe 4 out of the techniques because they suggest your vibration already be at a certain point which ruled out like 95% of most of the exercises. -- Now I can jump in and do almost any technique in the book because I've done the work of moving up the scale and am at a much better place.

    Now half way into september, I am consistently happy and on high flying disk 80% or more of the time, and I am manifesting things like crazy. There is still contrast of course, but I've learned not to focus on the contrast and to focus on the "happy". I'm manifesting wealth and abundance. Today a coworker gave me a gift card for helping by taking on her tasks while she was on vacation. I've sold 5 or 6 sponsored posts on my (side gig) blog since the beginning of September ranging from $50-$100 each. Back at the main job, we had an almost $80,000 deal come in yesterday which will put us on track hopefully for hitting our 3rd quarter sales goal, which will mean if we hit it we get the bonus from 3rd quarter PLUS retro-activate the bonus we missed last quarter, so that will be about $5,000. I'm loving work/life right now lol. I'm not stressed at all about work, or relations, or pleasing friends/family, or anyone else, except pleasing myself right now. that's why I originally said it was a hypothetical question. Life is so good and pleasing right now. I've manifested dozens of coincidences in the past 3 weeks as I've mentioned in other threads here. I've manifested almost the exact date activities, as well as personality traits, actions, etc in a new partner that I had originally been trying to manifest in someone else - which is OK because by time I joined the forum here, I'd already made it my "desire" to manifest a new partner with traits I liked from previous partners but traits that I also realized they were lacking, like enhanced communication, better understanding, sensitivity, and so on that previous partner or "target" was lacking. Of course this new person may also in time reveal things I don't like and that is OK, because to bring us full circle back to my first paragraph in this post, those contrasting things if they occur will just create my own self expansion and lead to new desires and new manifestations. Which is what I meant by "maybe we're supposed to experience those things" because they lead us to a greater vortex version of our desires .

    Reason for post wasn't necessarily feeling the doubt/worry of these things right now, but more, I'm always very curious, and seeking understanding, about why things happen in a certain way . (In this case, understanding why manifestations occur sometimes even after we've moved on away from the desire). Even though, yes I know the how/why is up to the universe to figure out. I think it's human nature to be curious though, and curiosity is a good thing because it leads to learning, understanding, and expansion .

  8. #8
    I agree with POE that the vortex always have the up-to-date version of our desire. It is like how we sometimes fall in love with a person, then fall out of love for them, without any circumstance or reasons.
    It just happens.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,199
    Quote Originally Posted by practicebyignoring View Post
    I agree with POE that the vortex always have the up-to-date version of our desire. It is like how we sometimes fall in love with a person, then fall out of love for them, without any circumstance or reasons.
    It just happens.
    Nothing “just happens.” EVERY thing you experience is your creation, whether you are aware that you created (or how) or not. When you fall out of love with someone or something, that because you have (deliberately or inadvertently) shifted your focus to give more airtime to their unwanted-by-you aspects, rather than focusing upon their wanted-by-you aspects, which was how you fell in love with then in the first place.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Nothing “just happens.” EVERY thing you experience is your creation, whether you are aware that you created (or how) or not. When you fall out of love with someone or something, that because you have (deliberately or inadvertently) shifted your focus to give more airtime to their unwanted-by-you aspects, rather than focusing upon their wanted-by-you aspects, which was how you fell in love with then in the first place.
    It could mean MOVING toward a expanded version, not necessarily due to the focus on unwanted aspects of them. Maybe you still love them but not necessarily in love with them, maybe you desire a new lover; an expanded version. That's what I mean.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •