Thread: Hand on a hot stove

Hand on a hot stove

Hi guys/girls long time no post

I have been mulling things over and over and noticed that i, in a way have been sort of numb to my emotions and i think this is because of me, constantly, and i do mean constantly 24/7 having my hand on the hot stove as abe would say. So i began searching the forum and discovered ways of removing my hand from this scorching hot stove

Now without really any idea on what to do i commited and just took my attention off my normal constant train of thought and put it onto other random topics and i noticed myself starting to feel lighter, more wondrous, more like i felt like a child, more interested in things again, and random thoughts that followed, from this perspective it felt more like a sense of "aw" at everything in a strange way. Is what i am describing here familiar to anyone? Im struggling to put it into words to be honest. Does this normally happen when someone removes their hand of the stove after so long?

Quote Originally Posted by cookthechef View Post
    Is what i am describing here familiar to anyone?
    You mean, that these teachings operate in just the same way that Abraham tell us they do? Wow, someone should write a book about that--Oh, wait. They did.

ETA: But that's OK. After all, words don't teach. Only personal life experiences teach.

Im struggling to put it into words to be honest
    Can you feel how “struggling” feels different from the experience you're trying to put into words? (Give up the struggle.)

Does this normally happen when someone removes their hand of the stove after so long?
    It doesn't have to be after “so long.” It can feel this way when you've simply put your hand on the stove and then wisely removed it. In fact, I personally find a certain sweetness and empowerment in deliberately using my powers of focus.

Good for you.

Thanks WB. What would be the best option when a full subject is a hot stove? Its hard to keep my attention away from it for so long and its also hard to feel better on it.

Thanks WB. What would be the best option when a full subject is a hot stove? Its hard to keep my attention away from it for so long and its also hard to feel better on it.
    That's why we've been recommending both approaches to you, because some of our issues are ones (like your financial situation) we encounter a lot during our day. So, you can continue to use this appraoch, which you've discovered is helpful to you, as well as find ways to feel better about your topic, so that you develop some skills to prepare yourself for when you do trip over your topic during the course of the day. You can do both of these concurrently, as we've been recommending. You can add into that mixture your new personal experience here to remind yourself that you ARE ABLE to shift your vibration, which is contributing to your improvement to your vibration.

Hi guys/girls long time no post

I have been mulling things over and over and noticed that i, in a way have been sort of numb to my emotions and i think this is because of me, constantly, and i do mean constantly 24/7 having my hand on the hot stove as abe would say. So i began searching the forum and discovered ways of removing my hand from this scorching hot stove

Now without really any idea on what to do i commited and just took my attention off my normal constant train of thought and put it onto other random topics and i noticed myself starting to feel lighter, more wondrous, more like i felt like a child, more interested in things again, and random thoughts that followed, from this perspective it felt more like a sense of "aw" at everything in a strange way. Is what i am describing here familiar to anyone? Im struggling to put it into words to be honest. Does this normally happen when someone removes their hand of the stove after so long?

yes, this is always the case with me
    I intentionally directed my thoughts off my hot stove stuff when I first started doing this, and within a year I was pretty damn good at my focus
    I had a small hiccup recently, and now I am back on track, nearly 99% all the time, and had to reapply all the things I had taught myself to do before, so for me it has been a pleasant experience of 'feelings' coming first, and when my vibration dips and my brain thinks too much haha then I have to set my 'focusing' into action and direct my thoughts back to those easy things
    Yes I love doing my focusing, and I also take lots of time out, lots of sleeping under my duvet hiding from things when I feel it is just a bit too much for me, and yes I am always forgiving and easy and loving on myself
    For me that has been 'the work' - the focusing and the relief and the ease and then to ramp up my good vibrations I just continually appreciate things and it gets better and better. But that escalating of good vibration comes for me when I am already feeling 'content and happy' and want a little bit more of the same in my life

much love
    xxx

I had a situation just this week, it wasn't hot hot stove, but I still just couldn't bring myself to either feel better or distract. So I had to try and discard several approaches before I finally succeeded to shift the vibration. That's the beauty of having so many angles to choose from.