Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hurricane irma

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cuddly View Post
    i dont believe that all inhabitants of one island have one the same dominating vibration of total destruction and homelessness and attracted irma to confirm their vibration
    This people (often very poor without a trained expectation of stable wellbeing) live in a vibrational atmosphere of having experienced hurricanes often or even regularly, and so they probably have built own momentum on negative fearful expectation. So, when they meet the presence of specifically activated fear and forecasts from many people and "experts" all around, this fear or panic can be VERY contagious.

It can spread as flu.

in my opinion, it just comes down to the very common and widespread beliefs and fears people have. if you really think about it, so much of our lives consist of giving attention to potential problems. insurance, for example.. what kind of vibration do you think car insurance activates? home insurance? life insurance? we're all basically preparing for the worst and then we're surprised when the worst happens.

with larger things like this, to me, it seems just as simple.

on the west coast, buildings are made with special earthquake proof materials because earthquakes are common and expected there. in the great plains , it's considered normal for homes to come with storm cellars because tornadoes have also become normal there (so much so, that the region is nicknamed tornado alley). in the south east united states and the carribean, homes have hurricane shudders, flood supplies, and evacuation procedures because they're expected. especially now, during the time we've decided to dub "hurricane season". does a hurricane happening surprise you? i would say no, so there's your answer right there. we've all come to expect natural disasters. heck, we've all come to expect completely unnatural disasters.

9/11 was the biggest terrorist attack the united states had seen. since then, the amount of terrorism we experience has amplified at an alarming rate and frankly, has become a pretty regular thing. why is this? because the whole country keeps giving it attention. the whole country is terrified and angry. every time something bad happens, millions of news stations rush to be the first to tell you about it. not to mention all the political issues we're having.. it all comes back to fear and taking action from that vibration of fear.

literally everywhere you go, we put conditions in place out of fear. buildings have fire escapes and evacuation plans posted on the walls, schools have lock down procedures and drills to prepare for if a shooter enters the building, many houses have security systems in case they get burgled..

even getting my cat micro-chipped is me acting out of fear.

the whole world lives in fear. so much so, that these preparations are "a given" and are seen as completely normal. now, it is totally understandable and since the momentum is so strong for many of these subjects, personally, i think preparing can give some relief. but it also activates all these unwanted things in our individual and collective vibrations, and on a scale of billions of people, billions of co-creators, it seems pretty clear to me why these things happen.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by little sunflower View Post
    why is this? because the whole country keeps giving it attention. the whole country is terrified and angry. every time something bad happens, millions of news stations rush to be the first to tell you about it.
    Yes, so on point!

Too bad our forum doesn't have a "like" button
    So many great answers that all make perfect sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Eostre View Post
    Too bad our forum doesn't have a "like" button
    So many great answers that all make perfect sense!
    It does. You just clicked on it.
    Last edited by WellBeing; 09-09-2017 at 04:33 PM. Reason: It needed a smiley

Quote Originally Posted by little sunflower View Post
    literally everywhere you go, we put conditions in place out of fear. buildings have fire escapes and evacuation plans posted on the walls,...
    I have to caution us from drawing conclusions about the underlying vibration from the observable action. As Abraham remind us, we cannot tell for sure what another is doing with their vibration, when we observe the actions that they are taking. The example above really spoke to me on a personal level.

Years ago, as I was planning to build my place of business, I very quickly found myself enmeshed in the organizations in my town which are responsible to things like fire escapes and evacuation plans, etc. I was astounded by the details (and expense) of all that and friends (as well as colleagues in similar businesses) all shared their tales of woe. As it so happened, I was a fledgling Aber at the time. I understood that these stories I was attracting did not feel "good" to me and they were indicative of my vibration. I had also heard Abraham say that when I don't feel "good," that means that my IB has a very different story about all of that. So, I decided to set out to journey towards the story my IB had about all of that.

I can't tell you for sure, if I had reached my IB's story, but I can say categorically that my perspective shifted. As a result, my relationship with all these organizations (and there were quite a few) shifted to reflect that. The space that we together built reflected my company's mission for caring for everyone who walked through that door by making sure that we could provide a welcoming, accessible and secure place for everyone who walked through that door. I was able to marvel at the attention to detail of these people I had once considered my adversaries. I shifted around my plans for fixtures understanding that my original plan would interfere with a vision-impaired person exiting my space in the unlikely event of a fire. How could I claim a focus on "customer" care, if I wasn't willing to take care of that person in such an important (to them) way? I could go and bore you with tons more examples.

My point is that, yes, we conformed (and exceeded) those requirements. But I have to tell you that, in the case of this one Peanut in the Gallery, the underlying vibration was truly not one of fear. And if I had to guess, I would say that the large majority of the people I met from those organizations did not have a vibration of fear. They too were focused on the wanted end of this stick (which I had not been able to see, at first, in my own disconnection.)

we came here for the ride........ and hurricane Irma is having a good time even if those in her path are prepaving their paths.

nothing to do but make the best of it and be in awe and wonder at the weather.... and for me I look at how many are doing well even in this... and for those in a stronger stream I send good thots .

Interesting situation, what is puzzling is, like cuddly pointed out, that it should be one island in particular to be hit by disaster. I have never been in the caribbeans, and I don't know if there is anything in particular that could single out that island. It would be interesting to talk with someone who knows these places well.

Quote Originally Posted by rose essence View Post
    Interesting situation, what is puzzling is, like cuddly pointed out, that it should be one island in particular to be hit by disaster. I have never been in the caribbeans, and I don't know if there is anything in particular that could single out that island. It would be interesting to talk with someone who knows these places well. Anahid, where are you?
    It's not so puzzling. They have stories about "hurricane season" and "hurricane alley" and expectations of specific weather patterns , etc. Those stories have come about largely through observation and through "everyone's" repetition. "You get what you think about, whether you want it or not."--Abraham

I imagine that the same stories are told in the neighbor island. So why one and not the other? there must certainly be some reason, not necessarily connected.