Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wealthy Wolf - shifting from lack to abundance

Quote Originally Posted by wolf View Post
    WB! Yes! I was expecting you!

I do tend to show up. <hehe>

THIS was good! Acknowledging all that does give me a bit of relief.

Good, I’m glad.

The point to which I had wanted to come back (but had forgotten) was even if you were feeling Powerlessness about “money,” you could reach for, find and focus upon thoughts like those to recall the power that you do have. The LoA brings us more of what we focus upon. So, in that instance, the LoA would start to bring you more wanted thoughts about your power.

That's a good place for me to start, thanks for highlighting all the possible ways I can approach it.
    I'll write what comes to mind about all of that.

Great!

You’ve done a wonderful job of “data collection.” In fact, I would take a pause from that data collection for now if this were my own “work.” There’s plenty of material right here that you can start to soothe and shift. And by “soothe and shift,” I mean “find thoughts which still seem true to you yet which feel better to you than these thoughts.”

I'm just going to make some overview comments and I'll leave you to your “work.” (Don't worry, I'm not abandoning you. I'll check in on you.) Even though your quoted lines have reminded me of the points in about to make, I'm not really commenting on what you have posted thus far. I understand that you were just doing your data collection here and hadn't yet started your “work.” These are just ideas to have handy as you do your “work.” Perhaps they'll give you ideas as to your next steps.

I can already feel how that is so off from how my IB sees that, I didn't even like writing that down because I don't want to believe it...

Make peace with where you are. It’ll make your “work” so much easier.

And with that, I want to bring myself examples of how it doesn't have to be that way -

Be mindful of thoughts like this, because thoughts like this are indicators that your focus is slipping from your emotional guidance system to your manifestations (in this case,”examples”). If your focus slips like that, then you're getting in your own way in a variety of ways. As you become more mindful of thoughts like this, you can shift back more quickly to your more helpful intention.

...I might get a bit off topic:

Don't worry about getting off-topic. It's all related and the LoA is at work here. And you've heard Abraham “warn” us not to use the “work” to wrestle a problem to the ground and kill it.

I am around the age that I perceive is the time people usually start moving out of home, have their own independence.

Can you have “Independence” whilst you're living at home? What Independence do you now have?

Looking for these helps to chip away at the underlying belief.

I am still at home since I'm not financially secure, I wouldn't be able to take care of myself,
    and there's the piece that hasn't come into place - I don't right now know where I'd like to live/move to anyway.

So, this is a “good” thing, huh? Don't forget to recognize and then milk these “good” things.

There's also another Abe clip (and I'm aware it was tailored to the specific hotseater but still want to write it here)
    where this guy said he wants the money to come but he doesn't want to work for it,
    and Abe pointed out that his problem was that he wants something he thinks he can't have unless he does something he doesn't want to do.
    This is probably the same for me.
    And then they said that it would actually be better if he got a job right now while telling himself that it was gonna be temporary because it would soothe his angst a little bit.
    I heard that and my emotional response was unpleasant to me, as in do I really have to do that, too? Is there no other way?

(OK, one direct comment: There ARE other ways. In that clip, you may have heard Abraham talk about the PoLR, which is what you're wanting, too. I can't tell you what your own personal PoLR might be, but you'll discover it for yourself, doing your “work.”)

Is it possible to be feeling many things at once on the subject? Like when I think my negative what-ifs thoughts, I feel worried,
    and when I think where or how on earth thoughts, I might feel despair?

Not in the exact same instant, no. In the exact same instant, you only feel one emotion. But we are “fickle,” as Abraham observe, which means that we shift our focus around pretty quickly. You might think this thought or focus on this aspect (about money) in one instant. In the very next instant, you might think that thought or focus on that aspect (about money). Because you’re thinking or focusing differently, you can have a different vibration, which can produce a different emotion within you..

You’re also discovering is that you’re thinking a variety of thoughts about the many aspects of this complex topic. Some of those thoughts feel “worse” and some feel “better. So, another approach to this “work” is to focus on the thoughts/aspects you already know which feel “better.”

On a complex subject (such as this one) it’s likely that we’ll have some variability, as I described above. But the LoA will organize that variability within a band on the Scale.

And here, you’ve stumbled upon another reason why I recommend “rounding down,” when we’re beginning Process #22, to catch these thoughts. As we move up the Scale, we’ll be a match to our thoughts of Worry, etc. But if we have fearful thoughts and start our Process higher up the Scale, we might not tend to our fearful thoughts.

The action of writing feels better.

Preaching to the choir here.

Since I mentioned expectations…

Keep in mind what Abraham say about “expectations:” they’re just thoughts that we keep thinking.

I feel inspired to again use the word annoyed.

Go for it. But don’t get too hung up on finding the label. That’s not really a piece of this material.

There are some things I want to comment on for clarity before I go on.
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Make peace with where you are. It’ll make your “work” so much easier.

As I understand making peace, it means to emotionally make it okay where I am, yes? So that I actually do not FEEL any angst about being here.
    I've found that it's not enough to just say to myself ah this is okay because my mind wants to go 'no it's not, been here for so long, how is it ok'.

I've actually been thinking more about what it means to REALLY make peace.
    Maybe as long as I have the sense that something's going to change now as I'm feeling better, it's still not having made peace. And yes, that thought is getting on my own way.
    So I'm thinking how to authentically get to that point on this subject.
    Not just on money/income, but even the moving out and how I have no choice but to live at home right now and how I don't know where things are going to go from here. How to make that okay.

I once made peace on a subject that was very important to me, really I felt better, it was reaching a neutral zone,
    it wasn't happy but it wasn't sad or yearning anymore either, it just was neutral.
    That happened not so long ago, and then I kept saying to myself how the subject feels like whatever now and I'm relieved anyway.
    (And in a few days things on that subject really shifted in a noticeable way, too, but that's besides the point right now)

Now I'm thinking how to do this on current subject as this one is also one of my "of more importance" subjects.
    But I guess since I already did that once on another very important subject, I'll figure this one out, too.

Be mindful of thoughts like this, because thoughts like this are indicators that your focus is slipping from your emotional guidance system to your manifestations (in this case,”examples”).
    Yeah! It happens at times, I can feel when it does because I start to feel more confused again.

And you've heard Abraham “warn” us not to use the “work” to wrestle a problem to the ground and kill it.
    Honestly, will have to be mindful of that because I noticed I already started thinking 'oh this is gonna get solved now, yay!',
    but that makes me feel tense because it shifts back to manifestations.

This is why I'm wondering about making peace because from that last time, I remember that I didn't care about the manifestation,
    I didn't care whether my better feeling was gonna "make something happen", I just liked that I no longer felt so bad on the subject.

Can you have “Independence” whilst you're living at home? What Independence do you now have?
    I can't think of very many examples on this but here are the few ones I've already found:
    • Independence to think my own thoughts.
    • Independence of time. For the most part, I can do whatever I want with my day. I could sleep all day, I could stay up all night, I could do any number of things that there are to do here.
    • I count doing my own laundry as independence as well. Makes me feel that I'm doing something by myself.
    • Cleaning my own room by myself.

I can't think of much else and the ones I listed aren't very relieving.

So, this is a “good” thing, huh?
    I hadn't thought of it as a good thing. It was really just another thing that bothered me, not having that figured out.

At least my mother is not urging me to move out already, she seems to understand it's gonna take some time.
    A tiny bit of relief in that thought.

First attempt at shifting

I'll now attempt to work on this. The expectations part. I'm gonna see if I can shift at least some of these sentences.
    Annoyed with being expected to almost immediately figure this all out the moment I'm out of high school.
    Unless I've decided to go to university (which I didn't but don't regret it either), then there's a bit more time.

Thoughts like I've never ever been in this situation before, how can I be expected to know what's next?
    I've always lived at home so isn't it normal that I wouldn't know how exactly get the work-money-independence worked out?
    Usually the people that have had worse home life as a child figure it out faster because their asking is much greater, they just want to get out of the uncomfortable place.
    I've had a great home life, I have a very supportive mother who understands much of the same things I do and is interested in the same things,
    so I didn't have anything to "run from" and I was more dependent because I was understood much of the time,
    in contrast to the people who had to rely on themselves early on because they weren't.

I'm also annoyed with this idea that the moment you are legally an adult,
    you're supposed to know what you want next - where you're gonna live, the work you're gonna do, and how all of that is gonna come about.
    What if you don't?

My ideas of what I want feel so different from the rest of the people I know.
    I don't know what exactly I want in specifics, I just know I'm ambitious and I really want my own success. And I don't want to just get a random job and make do and live mediocrity. That feels very opposite to the way I want to live.
    I want a fabulous exciting life with lots of opportunities, while feeling eager and fun and lighthearted mostly.

The thing that annoys me the most, though, is the fact that I care about this.

The perceived expectations, that I care about them, that in anything I care about these opinions of others...

Annoyed with being expected to almost immediately figure this all out the moment I'm out of high school.
    This is more a thought that I myself think than anyone up close to me is telling me.
    There isn't actually anyone telling me exactly this.
    This thought comes from observing others my age.
    Honestly, I think it's ME expecting ME to figure this out like that.

But what about that one relative that sometimes starts asking me where I am with this?
    Thankfully I don't have to see her all the time. She doesn't always ask.
    But the thought of her still annoys me. What could I think so that I'd be less annoyed?
    .... she doesn't understand vibration and loa, she is interested in manifestations.
    She has no clue where I am emotionally nor does she know how that matters.
    She wants me to figure it out. She's probably well-meaning.

But she treats me like I don't know what I'm doing and that is annoying.
    Maybe that is some kind of thing that grandparents do.
    She even likes to get in the business of my mother (her daughter).
    Sometimes she even treats my mother like SHE doesn't know what SHE'S doing and my mother's a grown woman!
    Maybe she's got a problem with letting her kids go and it's not necessarily me not knowing what I
    'm doing.
    My other grandmother treats me in similar ways - like a child...
    Is that some kind of grandmother thing?? Jeez. Honestly, it does feel better to see it that way than to think it's something I am!
    Better to blame them than me.
    I feel slightly better looking at this as "some kind of thing these people do".

Unless I've decided to go to university (which I didn't but don't regret it either), then there's a bit more time.
    Well I still consider where I am better than university. I have no desire to be doing schoolwork at this time. Maybe I'd even be more stressed if I was.
    And tbh, just because you went to university, does not mean you're gonna find work. I've seen quite a few stories of people saying they've got the papers but nobody's hiring them.
    To me, it feels emotionally better to acknowledge that because it feels like see, university is not all this and that that people have made it out to be.
    You can still be in the same situation I am EVEN IF you went there. That also makes me feel 'less alone' in my situation.
    There are even people who do the university courses and afterwards still have no more clue as to what they want from life!

Thoughts like I've never ever been in this situation before, how can I be expected to know what's next?
    Exactly! How can I? Maybe I can give myself a break - this is a new place for me, I haven't been in such a situation before,
    it's logical that it would feel more like an unknown territory to me.
    So I don't know what's next and so what? I don't have steady income right now, so what? Is my world falling apart? Not really.
    Am I dying? Not really. Am I starving? Not at all. Am I in debt? Nope.
    I haven't moved out yet and so what? There's still time. 20 is not THAT old.
    I guess I have time to figure this out, I've heard of some people who moved out and ended up having to move back in with parents because it was too difficult on their own,
    well I'M not being thrown out and this might mean that when I do move out, I'll be much better off because I will have done the work,
    I will have found BFTs so that I'm not a match to that kind of manifestations.
    It's sure better to move out and be ready for it at that.

But I feel like I should be doing something?

That thought isn't helpful. What even could I be doing? Even if I was, say I was taking a bunch of action steps, it would feel hard, like struggle, and that hasn't been working for me.
    I've kind of put myself in a place where there really isn't any action to do right now, the only thing I can do is feel better.
    And I know this material enough to be aware that the only reason it is this way right now for me is because of my emotional state.
    My IB doesn't feel like I should be doing something more, after all that is the reason I feel bad when I think that thought.
    It's only me judging myself, my IB isn't doing that, maybe I can begin to do that less. I can't go all the way to no judgement right now but I can do LESS of that.

I've always lived at home so isn't it normal that I wouldn't know how exactly get the work-money-independence worked out?
    There are probably many others who feel the same way, I'm probably not the only one.
    The other side of that is also that maybe you have it worked out but it does not feel like ease and relaxation to you. That place doesn't seem so different from where I am.
    So again, it's not the manifestation of having this worked out that matters so much.
    Yes, the manifestation matters! But if it comes and I feel worried for example, then it's really no good either, I'd still be here doing the work on my emotions,
    so whether I have this in manifestation right now or not makes no real difference.

I've had a great home life, I have a very supportive mother...
    Well let's milk!
    So how is my mother supportive?
    She just gets it. She gets that I might not know what exactly to do from here. SHE is not urging me to move out.
    Some time ago she actually said she was glad I was here. She's also told me she doesn't think all that much about my things, that she has much of her own stuff to think about.
    My mother is so different from my grandmother. My mother values emotional state, peace of mind, more than manifestation, it seems to me at all.
    She reads lots of self-help books, I've even given her Abe to read! She finds Abe stuff pretty interesting, too.
    I've told her that I actually want my own independence and that I want to move out, she said that was natural.

But sometimes she worries about my things, seems to let her emotions be affected by whether I am doing something at my friend's business or not.
    Tbh I can't do anything about how she feels. Whether she worries or not doesn't change anything. It doesn't make my stuff appear faster.
    If she worries, that's more her guidance. I can't do anything about that. I mean it's really not my work to keep her happy!
    I don't really even know what exactly she feels, it's not like she reports that to me every day. It's more my own thoughts.
    She's got her IB, too, that IB must be guiding her to better feeling emotions.
    If she can't even hear her own IB, why do I think I must soothe her somehow to make the situation better?
    Maybe I can give myself more of a break on this. I can't control how others feel about me or what they think, it's just impossible.
    Even if it is my own family - like folks, I'm sorry you're worried but I can't change that so now what? I'm sorry you feel this way but I can't change it and so I'll have to care less.

I'm also annoyed with this idea that the moment you are legally an adult, you're supposed to know what you want next
    Supposed to? Says who? Apparently, says me.
    If I am saying that, I can start saying something else.
    I'm seeing even more now how most of this bothersome stuff is my own thoughts, there isn't anybody here who's saying that to me. Literally no one.
    I must've picked that idea up from somewhere.
    Well it clearly doesn't help me feel better so what could I think in its place?
    How can there be any "supposed to's" if we are eternal beings and this life stuff is not ever going to end?
    Don't we get to pick the way we want to live? We do. So what if it takes me a little longer on these subjects, there isn't anyone out there keeping that close eye on me.

Except for that nosy grandmother.
    Well, that's just it. I'm sorry you're worried about my income but I can't change it and so, now what?
    I mean life has to move on, one day I'll probably have some manifestation to show her. It would be nice to one day have that income and still not tell her what it is,
    that's my plan, I'll just say I have it and don't worry about it. I'm anyway going to be far wealthier than is good for her to know considering her opinions.
    Her opinions don't bother me really, it's just I feel better thinking of this future plan of how I get to say don't worry about it.
    For now, it is what it is.

My ideas of what I want feel so different from the rest of the people I know.
    Why does that have to be a problem? Seems like rather the variety of preferences Abe keep talking about.
    We didn't come here to all be the same and want the same stuff.
    Maybe my ideas feel so different because I still dare to dream. Dream bigger. And actually think there is a way to live those dreams at some point.
    Isn't that good?
    So it's just one more thing that makes me stand out in this family. There are many other things.
    Why is that a problem? It's usually the "weird ones" who really seem to create the kind of lives they want to live.
    The ones with bigger visions, the ones who don't just accept mediocrity. Mediocrity is not my preference, simple as that.
    At least I'm willing to do something about the way I feel, that's better than just thinking it can't be different.

I don't know what exactly I want in specifics, I just know I'm ambitious and I really want my own success.
    My IB seems to want that, too. So on some level, I am that. Even if I can't see it right now.
    Let's put the specifics aside for a moment. What do I want?
    Well whatever it is that I live, I want to feel easy about things, I want to feel in the flow,
    don't want to take anything very seriously, want to expect things to work out, want to feel better,
    want to feel freer, want to feel lighter, want to care less, want to be more eager, want less worry,
    want to feel alright where I am, want more thoughts that make me feel more okay where I am,
    want where I am to matter less. Want to agree with my IB more of the time.

And I don't want to just get a random job and make do and live mediocrity.
    That seems like a fearful thought and brings thoughts like what if I WILL have to do that?
    That feels bad.
    That's a really specific negative. Maybe I could try with general negative here -
    I have been living mediocrity and that sucks
    That thought is unhelpful
    I feel worse thinking that thought
    Maybe I won't have to do that

I'm not sure, not very relieving. Maybe I'm not really doing general negative, could use some help with this part?

I want a fabulous exciting life with lots of opportunities, while feeling eager and fun and lighthearted mostly.
    Which I really don't believe right now. That is a big jump.

What could I think about my current life?
    It's not the worst
    Some have it way worse than me
    I'm doing okay

Well it really could be better but I am doing the best I can
    I'm kinda bored with it

Not very relieving so maybe I'm lower on that.
    Okay so what if I just write what I think about my current life?
    It's boring. Not much to do. Not much excitement. Not many opportunities.
    It really could be better.
    I suppose I haven't been keeping up with my expansion and so I feel pretty bleh thinking about my life.
    Might be making too much of all of this. Trying too hard.
    There must be a way to make peace with the way my life in general is right now.
    There are probably some wanted aspects in here somewhere that I'll find with time.
    One aspect being that at least I'm not homeless, at least I have a place to be even if I can't call it my own.
    At least I have that business thing with my friend, it's slow going but at least it's there.
    My life feels like almost the same day for months. That thought feels worse.
    My life sucks. Well that just feels even worse.
    Not all aspects of my life suck.
    Maybe I'll find some of those aspects soon.

Hmm... could use help on this one as well.

The thing that annoys me the most, though, is the fact that I care about this.
    The perceived expectations, that I care about them, that in anything I care about these opinions of others...
    So what? I kinda care less right now, at least I don't feel as tense about these 'expectations'.

Okay so I went through that, I feel slightly better in some regards, like about people caring and how I haven't figured it all out yet.
    And I also feel like there's way more relief somewhere in there that I haven't found yet.
    Overall feeling is like meh, not much this, not much that, but slightly less worried or depressed.

I have a nagging feeling that I'm still not doing it very effectively.
    Maybe still trying too hard because now I feel tired and uninspired.

I can feel that resistance there and I'm thinking I can't wait until I actually feel like it's okay to be here.
    I don't even know why I'm making such a big deal of this. Yeah, feel tired.

Time to milk a little!

I actually made a small purchase right now and I don't feel bad.
    I like online games (and other kind of comp games as well) and it was for a 1 month membership,
    so that I could enjoy all the features of the game for a month, see how I like it.
    I haven't played that game in a loooong time but I was wondering what it'd be like now.
    When you are a free member, you get very few things to do.

Anyway the membership cost very little, under 10€, so I'm quite pleased with that.
    I also noticed that they have discounted their biggest (1 year) membership! (That was not there when I was looking at the page just a couple days ago!)
    It's still too much for me to be comfortable to buy but it doesn't matter - if I have one month membership and I don't enjoy the game much, the amount I paid isn't a big deal to me.
    And if I do like the game, it's not a big deal to pay that amount again some other month, so I think I'm winning this way.

And I also don't count this as a waste because playing games for me is a way to feel relief
    and if I can have a cool game experience, then I think it's worth it.

Feels nice to have that amount to give. And the fact that I can give it many times over, I have that ability.

There are some things I want to comment on for clarity before I go on.

As I understand making peace, it means to emotionally make it okay where I am, yes?
    Or to make it feel less sucky where you are.

When you don’t make peace with where you are, not only is where you are sucky but you’re also beating up on yourself for being where you are. So, you’re adding insult to injury, which is why I wanted to highlight that for you. When you add insult to injury, your emotional guidance system will always let you know that you’re doing that (because you’ll feel “worse” on top of the sucky that you were feeling).

Now, that you’re aware of this, you can pay attention to see how and when you do this and then play around with it to do that less often.

So that I actually do not FEEL any angst about being here.
    Angst is a really good word to be using in this conversation, because you can really feel Angst. That really obvious quality is part of what makes Angst “Angst.” So, yes, you don’t feel any angst about being where you are.

I've found that it's not enough to just say to myself ah this is okay because my mind wants to go 'no it's not, been here for so long, how is it ok'.
    That’s a really helpful question [u]you[//u] (not “my mind.” you) are asking yourself. So, you can start looking for some answers to that question.

OR don't try to jump alllllll the over to “ok.” Reach instead for “a little less awful” or “sucks less.” “A little less awful” still feels better than “awful,” doesn't it? And better is the name of this game.

So, be wary of trying to to make too big of a leap (like to “ok”). The LoA won't let you do that and that's why you're feeling tired and uninspired.

I've actually been thinking more about what it means to REALLY make peace.
    Maybe as long as I have the sense that something's going to change now as I'm feeling better, it's still not having made peace.
    Can you, honestly, be satisfied with the emotional/vibrational/attitude change now? That could be an approach.

And yes, that thought is getting on my own way.
    Good for you for feeling that.

So I'm thinking how to authentically get to that point on this subject.
    This is where that story of the road trip from Phoenix to San Diego comes in so, so handy, because you’ve taken similar trips yourself and you use this very skill on those trips. You already have this skill, you see. (Let that sink in for a moment.)

Every trip you’ve taken (even if it’s merely to the other side of your room) you spend 99% of your time not being where you want to be. But you’ve learned that, if you’re going to bitch and moan (I’m playing with you here) during that 99% of your time, you’re going to make that time go so much more s l o w l y and you’ll be more miserable in the process during that time. You’ve learned that demanding you be at your destination isn’t a helpful approach. So, you’ve learned to do something else.

Not just on money/income, but even the moving out and how I have no choice but to live at home right now and how I don't know where things are going to go from here. How to make that okay.
    Hadn’t you yesterday identified that there was a “good” thing about your living at home? Now, sometimes (depending on where you are vibrationally) you'll be able to find more of those reasons, like you did yesterday.

But other times (like when you wrote this) you might simply not be in the vibrational vicinity of “okay,” which means that looking for more “okay” reasons is a path of greater resistance, when you're wanting a path of lesser resistance. In these times, you might us your awareness that you found at least one “okay” reason to remind yourself that just because you're not right now in the vicinity of “okay” reasons doesn't mean that they don't exist. It simply means that you're not right now in the vicinity of them, which is another thing altogether.

Or you might use your recollection of your “okay” reason to help point you towards your wanted. Can you find relief in understanding that you were able to do that yesterday so your logic tells you that you will be able to do it again? If not right now, then some other time? Can you feel how demanding that you Must come up with your answers Right Now is not your path of most allowing? That’s your guidance.

I use the word “soothing” here on the Forum--not because I’m imitating Esther or Abraham but because I think that word really captures what Abraham ask us to do. A lot of what I'm suggesting here is actually soothing yourself. In fact, what we're talking about here now is making peace with where you are with regards to your vibration (rather than “money”).

As you make peace (with both of this topics) then you ease up on yourself and you feel less tired. You are doing

I once made peace on a subject that was very important to me, really I felt better, it was reaching a neutral zone,
    it wasn't happy but it wasn't sad or yearning anymore either, it just was neutral.
    That happened not so long ago, and then I kept saying to myself how the subject feels like whatever now and I'm relieved anyway.
    (And in a few days things on that subject really shifted in a noticeable way, too, but that's besides the point right now)
    So, you know!

You know what it is. You know what it feels like. You know what it feels like when you're not doing it. Pop You know that you're able to do it. You know the value of doing it.

You don't need me or my clarity. You already know. Good for you.

Now I'm thinking how to do this on current subject as this one is also one of my "of more importance" subjects.
    But I guess since I already did that once on another very important subject, I'll figure this one out, too.
    How'd that last statement feel? Did it feel like a door opening, like the possibility of you being able to do this, like the potential of a path forward?

Yeah! It happens at times, I can feel when it does because I start to feel more confused again.
    That's your guidance letting you know when you're doing that. Good for you for recognizing that.

Honestly, will have to be mindful of that because I noticed I already started thinking 'oh this is gonna get solved now, yay!',
    but that makes me feel tense because it shifts back to manifestations.
    That's all right, so just bring yourself back to your vibrational journey.

Going back to that road trip (from Phoenix to San Diego) you WANT to get to San Diego. I get it. I know you do. And I want you to get to San Diego, too.

But if you can soften your disappointment or stop beating up on yourself when you notice you're not yet in San Diego, you'll have an easier and more pleasant time in your journey.

One of the ways you do this on an actual road trip is by taking positive score of your progress. You use the mile markers or the road signs to remind yourself of your progress towards the destination you want.

But here's the thing: when we translate that strategy to this “work,” your mile markers are your moments of relief, your road signs are your journey up the Scale and your destination is that Joyous, Eager, Interested, Passionate, Loving feeling of alignment. You see?

This is why I'm wondering about making peace because from that last time, I remember that I didn't care about the manifestation,
    I didn't care whether my better feeling was gonna "make something happen", I just liked that I no longer felt so bad on the subject.
    There you go.

Essentially, whether you said these words to yourself or not, you understood that you couldn't make that thing (or the absence of that thing) so awful that it would change for you, that you couldn't see any action way forward to fix that thing (or the absence of it) and that you were no longer going to use that thing (or the absence of it) as your excuse to feel awful. That's what making peace is all about.

When you do that, you then because able to move forward from it. Your cork starts to rise naturally.

I can't think of very many examples on this but here are the few ones I've already found: [on Independence--WB.]
    That's fine. That's a good start. You can always add to it, as you attract more of those thoughts. And each time you look at or add to that list, you're chipping away at your story of “I must leave home to be independent.”

I hadn't thought of it as a good thing. It was really just another thing that bothered me, not having that figured out.

At least my mother is not urging me to move out already, she seems to understand it's gonna take some time.
    A tiny bit of relief in that thought.
    In keeping with the theme of my reply, if you can't right now find more reasons why this is a good thing, then congratulate yourself for having found that reason and leave yourself open to the idea that there are other reasons, which the LoA will bring to you.

Maybe still trying too hard because now I feel tired and uninspired.
    We've already discussed the last part of this, but let's look at the first part of this because that's where we can find some more good stuff.

The way you assess the “effectiveness” of your “work” is by how you feel.

But even if you're not feeling “better” (however slightly) there's still benefit to you. In the same way that sneak remind us “when you know what your don't want, you know more clearly what you do want,” when you know what isn't “working,” you home in more clearly on what does “work.”

Here on the Forum, I often point out that we learn everything though trial-and-error. That's true. But the important piece that's usually overlooked is that the vast majority of our learning comes in the “error” side of that label. So, “effective” is one (wanted) thing. But if you are not in this moment able to be effective, then isn't it another (wanted) thing that the result of not being “effective” is the opportunity for you to learn how to become more “effective”?

I can feel that resistance there…
    Good for you, for feeling your resistance.

...and I'm thinking I can't wait until I actually feel like it's okay to be here.
    I hear you but it's that story (and that's all it truly is, is a story that you're telling yourself) which is, in part, making you feel tired and uninspired. How can you make “here” where you are right now (with regards to your “work”) an all right “place” to be temporarily on your way to the alignment where you want to be?

I don't even know why I'm making such a big deal of this.
    Because it's important to you and because you feel crappy. That makes sense to me.

And, even though we might “know” that making such a big deal of this isn't effective that's all right, too. It HAS TO be all right because, if it wasn't all right, then that would mean that you were getting it wrong and you cannot get it wrong. Srsly.

I don't mean to butt in, but I was reading thru all these replies from WellBeing and your feelings Wolf about still living at homeand I had a brainwave haha.
    So I thought, well - why not pretend that you are already living away from home

so you Must pay your parents some money every week
    and as you are working on your money vibe, how about you give them such and such In Cash, and for the difference you have not paid in realworld cash, write them a vibrational Cheque
    (remember if you are playing the money game, then you will be writing cheques to yourself and others as you receive monny from the Universe on a daily basis)

so I thought that that could make it more real for you - you are setting aside an amount to pay your rent (you do not actually have to give this to your parents, incase you feel ridiculed and have to explain this LOA stuff and the money game), but you must take some of your own actual real money (even if it is only a few dollars) and maybe put it in an envelope in a drawer somewhere
    but at least you are acting as a person who does live away from their parents - they pay their rent money to the owner
    and
    at the same time, there is not the feeling of lack as you attend to the prosperity game of writing daily cheques that make up the difference for your weekly rent money

in my experience, at the beginning of this Prosperity game it was exciting and a little unbelievable as I wrote bigger and bigger amounts of money on cheques, (I photocopied a few hundred from my cheque book with my details printed on it, cut them up into cheque-book size and used them daily) and then it got so big that it began to tire me as I was always looking for places/things to spend it on (spend/save/invest/donate etc), but the movement of the money does do things to your vibration, and then later I came back to the game and managed to spend the bigger amounts of money easily. It creates a nice feeling in you as the months progress.

also if you are still feeling angst about this home-living situation, then make sure you physically start to do your laundry separately from your parents, as that is what you will be doing when you rent a place.
    And wash up after yourself at meal times (even if it means washing your parents dishes too, as you had them over to 'your' place for dinner)
    remember that you must hoover at least once a week, or fortnight
    and to check the mail box for mail every day

also it would be a good idea that if are using any of your expensive audio/mobile phone/ipad equipment to take them to your room at the end of the day (incase your flatmate/s bring home guests and they accidentally take your ipad by mistake). Just stops any misunderstandings, and good to have responsibility for your own items as well.

start to live independently (at home), as if you are renting this place to live in, and because you love your parents, and you have a couple extra rooms in your new rented home (yeah, you got lucky, it's a great roomy place and not all the rooms are needed to be shared by other flatmates) so every now and again you have your parents over to stay! and you do THEIR washing, and cook FOR them, and do all the cleaning up as well.
    You even check that the doors are locked at night! every night!

and because your landlord is a very good person, and very nice to you, you feel no need to trash the place by having all night parties, blaring music and having masses of friends over. Now that you are renting your own place, you feel rather house-proud, so instead you like to go to your friends places for these parties!

I think if you change your mind-set about your current living situation, then this will make it easier to feel some relief about your angst on it

by giving money TO your parents (irrespective if you actually do do this) for rent, and acting as if they are your landlord, means that you have set your mind to actually living away from home at the moment

I know it is a little game to play, but you may enjoy it ?
    and if you look at it this way, then when you do move out, you will be very prepared for living on your own

much love
    xxx

I need to write about some things before I go to the replies.

So some things are moving.
    This business friend had just written me today some things about the business.
    We have a service we wanna start offering and so she got some feedback to some of the things we've already done.

I felt some negative emotions while reading that feedback.
    Kind of like an attack to the work I'd done at the business.
    It was not something horrible said at all but I still felt somehow defensive.
    I don't like that emotion, feels pretty yucky.

Maybe I'm making too much of this. We did what we could with the equipment we had at the time of filming.
    The equipment wasn't all that great so it's normal these people would notice the end result of that.
    That's not MY fault. No one said anything about the editing part, nothing bad,
    they actually said the way those videos were edited suits the style of the service we offer.
    That's a good thing.
    Time for me to back down a little, I'm not an expert on all things, I'm somebody who can do a little something.
    But there were helpful things in that feedback.
    I mean they don't know what the place is like where we've had to film our stuff and what the circumstances of that were.
    We really did do our best. I could see it was not very pro looking but you have to start somewhere anyway.
    No big deal.

What are some of the good things my friend told me?

Well there is a possibility that we get an actual studio to film in. That probably has better lighting.
    And the good side of that is also the fact that it would mean less visiting of the place where we used to be. It's not my favourite place on the planet, it was just something for a start.
    So we might have to film the same things all over again, I felt a little sad about that...
    but if the new stuff is much better quality, in the long run we'll win.
    It's not just my friend and I involved in the whole thing, there are many others,
    and I got this thought earlier that this could possibly be good in the finance aspect - more people, more money drawn, more energy.

Another good thing is that she at all wrote to me about this.
    Now I have a better idea of what's next for us. She seems to have a new mindset, too, to actually start doing things this month, she really wants to have something to offer by October.
    That's good. I can feel some more energy moving here now. Feels to me like I just got a bit more life force flowing through me.
    I DID THAT. I did that.
    Maybe the feedback wasn't so bad after all. These people are probably well-meaning.
    And I guess since it is a service, it matters at least a bit what someone else sees other than us.
    They did mention a couple things I hadn't thought of.

We won't lose our vision.
    In time this will probably work out fine. I've experienced that before - things become clearer once you're actually involved in something. And it usually works out fine.

This is a quite a bit of movement on this business thing and that's good enough for me.
    I relate that to this work here, which inspires me even more to get going. I must not be as blocked off anymore or this could not have happened.
    I DID THAT.

No reason to take anything to heart or too seriously. This won't be the only thing I'll ever do in life anyway.
    This is just something for now. And it's much better than nothing.

So what do I want regarding this business?
    I want the solutions to keep coming, I want it to feel easy, I wanna know when it's time for me to do something, I wanna feel even better about it in time.

ADDING:
    There is one comment that I just don't like. At all.
    I'm mad. I'm angry at the person who said it, I feel like I want to do some things that if I did them I'd probably regret them.
    So of course I will not do anything, I'm just gonna feel this emotion for now and not beat up on myself for feeling that way.
    So I'm angry. I'm pissed. I'm mad. Screw that person. Irrelevant person. Misunderstanding the business. If you don't like it, go somewhere else.

I'm gonna get on to something else now and I know the momentum of that emotion will slow and I will feel okay again.
    Last edited by wolf; 1 Week Ago at 10:56 AM. Reason: Got mad

Quote Originally Posted by Wild and Beautiful View Post
    I don't mean to butt in,
    This is fine. I like when people write here, every bit of everything I find useful. Everyone and anyone can write here, I find it infinitely interesting.

Gonna highlight some things for myself.

take some of your own actual real money (even if it is only a few dollars) and maybe put it in an envelope in a drawer somewhere
    Might do it.

Prosperity game
    I actually attempted to play this a while ago but don't think this process works so well for me because I don't find it believable for myself.
    Not even the money part but the cheques because I'm not sure writing cheques is a big thing in my country. Like the whole cheque thing in itself.
    I haven't seen money being handled that way and Idk, it's just not a good approach for me so I dropped that game myself.

And wash up after yourself at meal times (even if it means washing your parents dishes too,
    Hadn't thought of this, might do it.

check the mail box for mail
    Good idea.

also it would be a good idea that if are using any of your expensive audio/mobile phone/ipad equipment to take them to your room at the end of the day
    Haha no problem with this as I already have my very own room and all my things are in here.

you feel no need to trash the place by having all night parties, blaring music and having masses of friends over.
    This is great as I'm not really a party person, well not the kind of parties that people usually talk about.
    Would have to be a kind of party where we sit and discuss the universe probably.
    And my friends, I actually don't even have masses (could count on one hand), they're this type of loa people, too.

if you look at it this way, then when you do move out, you will be very prepared for living on your own
    Makes sense indeed.

Or to make it feel less sucky where you are.

When you don’t make peace with where you are, not only is where you are sucky but you’re also beating up on yourself for being where you are.
    That makes things much simpler.

That’s a really helpful question you (not “my mind.” you) are asking yourself. So, you can start looking for some answers to that question.

OR don't try to jump alllllll the over to “ok.” Reach instead for “a little less awful” or “sucks less.” “A little less awful” still feels better than “awful,” doesn't it? And better is the name of this game.

So, be wary of trying to to make too big of a leap (like to “ok”). The LoA won't let you do that and that's why you're feeling tired and uninspired.
    Perfect. Right now things feel less sucky. And I'm becoming less afraid of my emotions.
    It's starting to feel like all emotions are ok and I'm judging myself less for feeling whatever I'm feeling in a moment.
    Like when I got mad earlier, it was easier to accept that okay I'm mad right now,
    instead of trying to immediately change that as I used to attempt before.
    And now I'm not even mad anymore.

Can you, honestly, be satisfied with the emotional/vibrational/attitude change now? That could be an approach.
    I'm certain I can, I've done it before.

You already have this skill, you see. (Let that sink in for a moment.)
    That's pretty awesome to realize.

Every trip you’ve taken (even if it’s merely to the other side of your room) you spend 99% of your time not being where you want to be. But you’ve learned that, if you’re going to bitch and moan (I’m playing with you here) during that 99% of your time, you’re going to make that time go so much more s l o w l y and you’ll be more miserable in the process during that time. You’ve learned that demanding you be at your destination isn’t a helpful approach. So, you’ve learned to do something else.
    This is becoming clearer to me. Indeed I don't bitch when I'm moving from one place to another.
    Even when sometimes it's a slower ride than others. So it can be this way with emotions, too.

But other times (like when you wrote this) you might simply not be in the vibrational vicinity of “okay,” which means that looking for more “okay” reasons is a path of greater resistance, when you're wanting a path of lesser resistance. In these times, you might us your awareness that you found at least one “okay” reason to remind yourself that just because you're not right now in the vicinity of “okay” reasons doesn't mean that they don't exist. It simply means that you're not right now in the vicinity of them, which is another thing altogether.
    Bolded that real good for myself.

Can you find relief in understanding that you were able to do that yesterday so your logic tells you that you will be able to do it again? If not right now, then some other time? Can you feel how demanding that you Must come up with your answers Right Now is not your path of most allowing?
    Yeah!

In fact, what we're talking about here now is making peace with where you are with regards to your vibration (rather than “money”).
    As you make peace (with both of this topics) then you ease up on yourself and you feel less tired.
    Honestly, it's already starting to feel like less of a big deal today than all of the times before I opened this thread.

You don't need me or my clarity. You already know. Good for you.
    It's great that I don't need you, indeed. But still, it's way more fun with you here! AND I'm learning tons.

How'd that last statement feel? Did it feel like a door opening, like the possibility of you being able to do this, like the potential of a path forward?
    Definitely a possibility, a probability even.

That's all right, so just bring yourself back to your vibrational journey.
    You know, today it feels pretty easy to get back to that. I don't feel this yearning so much, for the money or the whatever else to show up.
    I actually feel pretty fun right now constructing my reply to this.

Going back to that road trip (from Phoenix to San Diego) you WANT to get to San Diego. I get it. I know you do. And I want you to get to San Diego, too.

But if you can soften your disappointment or stop beating up on yourself when you notice you're not yet in San Diego, you'll have an easier and more pleasant time in your journey.
    Today it's happening (the softening I mean).

when we translate that strategy to this “work,” your mile markers are your moments of relief, your road signs are your journey up the Scale and your destination is that Joyous, Eager, Interested, Passionate, Loving feeling of alignment. You see?
    This brought another thought to me that I've thought before: when Abraham say "get into the vortex where everything you want is",
    are they really talking about emotions? Because that is what we REALLY want. And I believe that yes, the stuff shows up alongside,
    but have had this thought for a while now that from their perspective, they really mean the emotional side.

AND when they're talking about the Phoenix-San Diego analogy and the journey from what I don't want to what I want,
    they are talking about emotions, too. I thought at first that they meant what I don't want aka some condition, to what I do want aka also some condition, and that being "the journey" they were talking about - from one condition to another. But I've been hearing it differently for a while now.
    They're talking about emotions, the stuff just shows up anyway.

Essentially, whether you said these words to yourself or not, you understood that you couldn't make that thing (or the absence of that thing) so awful that it would change for you, that you couldn't see any action way forward to fix that thing (or the absence of it) and that you were no longer going to use that thing (or the absence of it) as your excuse to feel awful. That's what making peace is all about.
    Yup, exactly that. That is what it felt like on that subject. I have a feeling it's gonna get to that point on this/these subject(s) as well.

In keeping with the theme of my reply, if you can't right now find more reasons why this is a good thing, then congratulate yourself for having found that reason and leave yourself open to the idea that there are other reasons, which the LoA will bring to you.
    Great idea!
    That was so simple that I hadn't even thought I could just congratulate myself for even one reason.

The way you assess the “effectiveness” of your “work” is by how you feel.

But even if you're not feeling “better” (however slightly) there's still benefit to you. In the same way that sneak remind us “when you know what your don't want, you know more clearly what you do want,” when you know what isn't “working,” you home in more clearly on what does “work.”
    So there's still benefit even if I didn't feel better by what I wrote. Good to know.

Also, 'sneak remind us', did you mean Abraham? Or is that a term I'm just not familiar with (not a native speaker)...
    because I'm finding it really funny right now (I'm playing with you back and I like there's something to feel fun about) if you accidentally somehow changed Abe to 'sneak'.

Here on the Forum, I often point out that we learn everything though trial-and-error. That's true. But the important piece that's usually overlooked is that the vast majority of our learning comes in the “error” side of that label. So, “effective” is one (wanted) thing. But if you are not in this moment able to be effective, then isn't it another (wanted) thing that the result of not being “effective” is the opportunity for you to learn how to become more “effective”?
    Okay that makes me feel even better. So even if I didn't find a better feeling emotion or thought, I still got clearer.
    That makes it less of a big deal.

I hear you but it's that story (and that's all it truly is, is a story that you're telling yourself) which is, in part, making you feel tired and uninspired. How can you make “here” where you are right now (with regards to your “work”) an all right “place” to be temporarily on your way to the alignment where you want to be?
    Well the Phoenix-San Diego analogy makes it less of a big deal.
    Then the I'm learning how to do this.
    And then even just acknowledging that beating up on myself isn't helping, and that it's okay that I didn't find a better feeling in that moment,
    and then that if I worry about those things right now, that isn't gonna make it better.

Now I'm having some fun here in this thread and the fact that I dare to write what I'm feeling about something,
    even if it is not the prettiest state of being, that's helping me.
    Just writing authentically when I'm angry or something else helps because it makes me not be afraid of my emotions
    and not rush to try to affect immediate change in them because when that momentum is already going, rushing just makes it feel worse.

Because it's important to you and because you feel crappy. That makes sense to me.

And, even though we might “know” that making such a big deal of this isn't effective that's all right, too. It HAS TO be all right because, if it wasn't all right, then that would mean that you were getting it wrong and you cannot get it wrong. Srsly.
    I feel better thinking 'this matters and that's alright'.