Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From time shortage to time abundance

From time shortage to time abundance

I would like to open a general thread where we could play together and share soothing thoughts and processes to move our consciousness from the state of time shortage to that of timeliness, good timing, time unlimitedness, and time abundance. It has been my desire for the last couple of months to work on this area of my life. I also think that raising our awareness of time being an illusion has benefits in improving our focus vis-a-vis time, our habits of procrastination, etc...

I'll start by sharing two of my own soothing thoughts that came out of meditation or nature walks.

1) Getting older - that's a good thing! EVERY day I expand. EVERY day I know more, understand more than the day before. I grow wiser, I become more intelligent, sharper, more incisive, a more nuanced thinker, I am more flexible and ready for change, more tolerant and open-minded, more bemused by the world and capable of seeing all sides of an issue, my picture of the world is more complex, I've seen it all and yet I can still be surprised and delighted, I have more experience that allows me to expect that things will always work out for me (now I really know that things will always get better for me), I am more courageous and ambitious, ready to take on more, my desires grow. Time marching forward is a blessing.

2) I also had an insight that my feeling of fear about deadlines and stressful thoughts are just feelings and thoughts. They are about feelings and thoughts, not about reality. This gave me a momentary feeling of relief because I understood that I have to redirect my thoughts to how I feel and not "what is really true in reality." And you know what? It's much easier to distract yourself or meditate if your goal is to improve thoughts and vibrations not improve "reality" because if your goal is to improve stressful and urgent reality, you really have no time to meditate. Within half an hour of receiving this insight ("it's just feelings, it's not reality"), one very time-consuming and urgent task that I had dreaded just fell away from my agenda. It didn't need to be done, after all.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Time-shortage-ness is about Over-Action,
    and Under-Feeling, every time.

Seattle, July 2015

from

Abe about time

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    Just to make sure this ends up in the right subforum based on your intentions: Is this meant to be a "group practicing" thread, with various folks "doing the work" together (Practicing the Teachings subforum)? Or a discussion thread on the thought/vibrational issues around the notion of time shortage (current location in main discussion area)? For the sake of your thread (and organization of the Forum), it needs to be one or the other in a fairly clear-cut way. What path do you want this to go down?

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicie View Post
    I also think that raising our awareness of time being an illusion

Before the contrast and before the summoning,
    and before the answering of Source Energy,
    the Universe was less.

So rather than thinking in terms of time,
    think in terms of expansion,
    and then you will understand time
    in the way we understand it.

We never think about how long anything takes.
    We are just enjoying the expansion.
    And so, our now is always powerful in our anticipation
    of what is becoming.

---Abraham

Excerpted from: Asheville, NC on October 27, 2001

The past has always been, and will always be,
    the support for the now.
    The understanding, that you hold now- because of ALL OF THAT.

Abe

The reason you don’t realize who you really are,
    is because you are so busy realizing who you have been.

Boston, Oct. 2014

all
    from

Abe about time

Quote Originally Posted by Hands in the Clay View Post
    Just to make sure this ends up in the right subforum based on your intentions: Is this meant to be a "group practicing" thread, with various folks "doing the work" together (Practicing the Teachings subforum)? Or a discussion thread on the thought/vibrational issues around the notion of time shortage (current location in main discussion area)? For the sake of your thread (and organization of the Forum), it needs to be one or the other in a fairly clear-cut way. What path do you want this to go down?
    A discussion thread on the vibrational issues around time-shortageness mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    Time-shortage-ness is about Over-Action,
    and Under-Feeling, every time.
    Yes, I've heard this before and I think it is very profound. I also feel deep inside that it is true.

HOWEVER ... ... time shortage feels SO REAL. To me it feels more real than other material realities. Money can arrive by surprise. Illness can heal itself spontaneously. A perfect partner could materialize unexpectedly. But with time it feels different: five minutes are five minutes, and it's hard to convince oneself that more minutes can materialize out of thin air.

Yes, I know that time is perceptual and that it can both stretch and contract. But I would like to feel it in a stronger way.

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post

So rather than thinking in terms of time,
    think in terms of expansion,
    and then you will understand time
    in the way we understand it.
    Yes, this is ultimately the feeling place one wants to get to.

The trickiest thing for me right now is to have a good meditating session on days when I have to leave home early. It's hard to distract myself when I feel pressed for time, and I am also unable to get up early. If I set an alarm clock for an early time, I cannot fall asleep at all thinking how little time is left for me to sleep (time shortage!). This is why I prefer to wake up naturally.

I've had some success in the last week or two switching my thoughts to the idea that these are just feelings about time shortage, it's not time shortage itself because there is no such thing.

I find that a good deep meditation shortens considerably the amount of time I need to sleep. It makes sense, as less resistance=less need of sleep. 15 min listening to music for root chakra meditation, very relaxed, equal for me to more or less 2h of sleep. And it's a super-easy meditation, you could try even just 5 min before going to bed and then sleep like a baby, and wake up for your main meditation ready and rested.

Quote Originally Posted by rose essence View Post
    I find that a good deep meditation shortens considerably the amount of time I need to sleep.
    Ha! Interesting. I usually meditate in the morning, but I'll experiment with doing it before sleep, as well.

Before sleep you can just do a different type, something where you don't need to be so crisp, and will help to relax and sleep deeper