Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does it feel like to REALLY give up?

What does it feel like to REALLY give up?

I've heard Abe bring this example of Jerry many times,
    how he was in a very bad feeling emotional state for a long time until he finally realized he couldn't make it better with action,
    and he said "I give up!" and gave up the resistance then and there, and then it felt to him like he became an entirely different person that moment,
    how it felt like everything in the world was truly all right.

I've even heard him describe it in an interview once, I think he said he felt that way for quite some time, a couple years even,
    and doors opened for him everywhere, people were nice everywhere, he could not see one thing "wrong" with life.

I'm wondering some things:
    did he experience a quantum leap?
    The thing that I've heard Abe say is usually impossible or at least not sustainable (which he seems to have 'sustained' for a long time).

And secondly, what does it feel like to truly give up the resistance in one moment? I know it happens also when we re-emerge but what about not re-emerging.
    Could we do it and is it even advisable? Or is the step-by-step EGS climbing a better approach?

Because sometimes I, too, say I give up, but I can feel I'm not really meaning it.
    Instead it's more like saying that in frustration and sweeping whatever is bothering me 'under the rug' in that moment,
    in a way "ignoring" that it is there and not dealing with it/not feeling better about it because even that feels too hard.
    Seems so easy to go back to that resistant state, like snapping back into it, which I get is LoA in action, but how was it different for him?

Would it be possible to say right now I give up and actually feel that release of resistance?
    It's another Abe clip that inspired me to ask this and the wondering whether I could do that for me, too,
    because it seems like I would instantly feel better if I could.

Good question...I'd like to know that, too. (By the way...love your avatar picture!)

Quote Originally Posted by wolf View Post
    What does it feel like to REALLY give up?
    You're really gonna like this: You already know what it feels like because you described it in your “work” thread with your “whatever” topic.

How cool is that?

I've heard Abe bring this example of Jerry many times,
    how he was in a very bad feeling emotional state for a long time until he finally realized he couldn't make it better with action,
    and he said "I give up!" and gave up the resistance then and there, and then it felt to him like he became an entirely different person that moment,
    how it felt like everything in the world was truly all right.

I've even heard him describe it in an interview once, I think he said he felt that way for quite some time, a couple years even,
    and doors opened for him everywhere, people were nice everywhere, he could not see one thing "wrong" with life.

I'm wondering some things:
    I would call it a “moment of decision.” He simply decided that nothing was more important than that he feel “good” and he realized that his habit of resistance weren't feeling good. Nor were they helping him get what he wanted. So, he let go of his cork.

As Abraham tell us, when we let go of our cork, it naturally rises to the surface. Our alignment is natural, which is why Abraham use the analogy of a cork.

The thing that I've heard Abe say is usually impossible or at least not sustainable (which he seems to have 'sustained' for a long time).
    Because we don't let go of our corks. In this case, we're fighting against our own habits. We attempt to be higher up the Scale in spite of our continuing to do that unhelpful habit we've been doing. We're attempting to buck our own vibrational current, which is why it's not sustainable. Our habit, our vibrational current, is what we'd been practicing. So until we give up our habit or we practice a new habit in its place, our habit is going to win out.

So, let's stop here for a second and recall what “resistance” is. “Resistance” is any thought which contradicts the Stream of Well-Being, which is the dominant vibration in all the universe. Another way of saying that is ”resistance” is any thought which doesn't feel good when we think it.

When we let go of our cork, when we let go of our resistance, we stop contradicting the Stream of Well-Being. When we let go of our cork (and follow through on that decision) we are guided by our emotional guidance system. We remember that we have let go of feeling bad, so we do and think about what feels better.

And secondly, what does it feel like to truly give up the resistance in one moment?
    It feels like relief. To quote an infamous thread here, it feels like “F--k it!”

I know it happens also when we re-emerge but what about not re-emerging.
    Not remembering the last time I croaked, I would tentatively say, when we croak, it feels like “Wheeeeee!” because it's all resistance in all our subjects all at once and it's a lasting and stable shift. When not croaking, it's probably not on all our subjects. So, it's probably less “Wheeeeee!” And because we still have our two different perspectives, there's still the potential to have our two different vantage points. So, we need to follow through on our decision to let go of our cork.

Could we do it….
    Sure.

...and is it even advisable? Or is the step-by-step EGS climbing a better approach?
    That's like asking if there's a better way to paint a masterpiece know there's not.

You heard us say that Abraham's “only one answer” is to feel better. This is one technique or tool in our vibrational toolbox to help us feel better. It has its uses and its advantages. Some people may prefer to use that tool. Others may prefer to rely on another tool but use this tool as an adjunct or accent. It really is an art. Which tool we select isn't what's important. It's the “better” that we can accomplish that's important.

Because sometimes I, too, say I give up, but I can feel I'm not really meaning it.
    You're understanding what we mean when you've heard us tell our Forum friends that the LoA doesn't hear our pretty words. The LoA responds to our vibration. Jerry was able to follow through on his decision to let go of his decision. He meant it.

If you're not able to mean it on a subject, then that's your answer for that subject.

Instead it's more like saying that in frustration and sweeping whatever is bothering me 'under the rug' in that moment,
    in a way "ignoring" that it is there and not dealing with it/not feeling better about it because even that feels too hard.
    This is where your emotional guidance system comes in handy. When you look at your action (as you are here) the action looks the same and, without the emotional guidance system, an outsider could call it “HFS-ing it” or “Later, 'Gator-ing it.” One is unhelpful (and doesn't really feel “better”), the latter is temporarily helpful (and does feel “better”).

Seems so easy to go back to that resistant state, like snapping back into it, which I get is LoA in action, but how was it different for him?
    Because he followed through on his decision to let go of his cir, whereas what you're telling us here is that you have had a tendency in the past to reach up, grab your cork and drag it back down.

Now, what you used to do is what you used to do. It doesn't need to mean that you'll do the same thing again in the future. And even if you did decide to do the same thing again in the future, you can then decide to yet again let go of your cork.

Would it be possible to say right now I give up and actually feel that release of resistance?
    It's not the “saying” that's the factor for success. It's the “meaning it” that's the factor.

So, you tell us.

Ugh...so simple....and yet...so not.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    It feels like relief. To quote an infamous thread here, it feels like “F--k it!”

It was and IS an incredibly helpful- and hilarious- thread

F-it!

what does it feel like to truly give up the resistance in one moment?
    It feels like cutting a painfully strangling rubberband loose.
    It feels as "yeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!"
    It feels liberating, like relief like WB said, but I´d say, it feels like HUGE relief.

It often feels funny, like hilarious celebration of you, giving up this silly resistance.
    It´s definitive joyful!
    It´s SWEET. It´s this wonderful feeling when the pain stops.

Here is a quote-collection of it.

I give up!

...and here is a perfect description of it:

Let go- and let the momentum
    of your HUGE desires carry you!

When something really matters a lot, it tends to get really an inordinate amount of your attention. And when it´s moving into the direction you don´t want it to move, than that inordinate attention increases the momentum.

And the thing that is so confounding about it, to you, that thing that makes you feel that disgust and rage, is- a part of you knows, that it doesn´t have to be that way. A part of you knows, that you are smarter than this, a part of you knows that if you just could get hold of it and apply yourself in a different way-
    you could turn it around!

We want you to make MOMENTUM your friend, too!

The thing we so want to convey to you in a way that you can really feel it, is that sliding in opposition to what you want DOES NOT INDICATE BAD CREATION.

It indicates strong determination! If you really want something, and you are focussed in opposition to it, it´s really really uncomfortable. If you don´t care at all, then your opposition-thought doesn´t hinder you, at all.

And so, when you feel strong about something, as you do there is very very very good news, in that. And the good news is: There is strong, strong, strong, strong, STRONG momentum!

Now we want to help you understand something about momentum! Because, so far in this conversation, it felt like we´r talking about momentum, that´s taking you into the OPPOSITE direction of where you want to be!

But momentum -ahhhh- momentum is NEVER EVER taking you into the opposite direction of where you want to be!
    HEAR THIS!

Momentum is ALWAYS source energy, moving TOWARDS something you really really want!

But in opposite vibration, in opposing personal thought-vibration, the momentum that is really leading TOWARDS where you want to go, feels AWFUL while you are pulling against it! Now, did you get that??

THIS MOMENTUM -this is not a downward-slide, that you are upon, this is an onward slide, this is the Universe, lining everything up, to give you everything that you want! THAT´S WHAT´S REALLY HAPPENING!

But where you are standing within it, and almost everybody would understand it-
    you are pulling in such opposition that it FEELS to you, that the momentum is going in the opposite direction-
    because you´r taking score of current manifestations instead of understanding the power of the momentum!

It would be a little bit like, if you would be garnering the empathise, that you where going to shoot something far far far out into space- but so far, the rocket hasn´t been launched.
    So, it´s just sitting there- in a resistant state!

Iow, it wants to go, but they got it all strapped down, and so it looks like it´s going to tear the whole launchpad up,
    if somebody won´t cut it loose and let it GO-

and THAT´s what we want you to focus on, here!
    This momentum, that feels like downward-spiral, is NOT a downward-spiral. It´s an upward-spiral, that you are not flowing with, yet.
    That´s all that it is.

Abraham Hicks

Quote Originally Posted by Eostre View Post
    Ugh...so simple....and yet...so not.

It´s just hard as long you are still thinking that you would "let go" of your desires.
    You are loyal to your dreams, and so you don´t want to give up on what you do love so much.
    But, you REALLY can´t do that, so- just chill out about it.

All you are giving up on, is the attempt to micromanage, and your resistance in that.

Let go in the right way!

We DON´T want you to let go of your desire.
    But sometimes, you have to let go of thinking about it,
    in order to let go of the resistance of it.

You NEVER let go of something you want!
    It´s in your Vortex, and it´s making it´s way to you,
    or gets ready for you, to be ready for it.

But sometimes, you have to- in essence- let go of something,
    meaning stop thinking and talking about it, because everytime
    you pick up the stick that is that subject, you activate
    the RESISTENT end of it. So, if you just can let go
    of it, like "I´m not going to think about it for a while"-

-THEN the resistance subsides, and THEN you can start
    moving toward it, again.

2017 04 01 Boca Raton

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    Leave your "big" desires out of the equation for now, and role-play, in "emotional realness," an example of doing so.

Let's take "being late." You're expected somewhere (you can play with the importance of the commitment to see what works best: Is it a meeting at work, a concert, lunch with a friend?), it's important to you and the others involved that you be on time for this event. But because of traffic or an important phone call as you were walking out the door or realizing as you drive along that you need to stop for gas or you won't make it, you can now see that you're going to be around 20 minutes late for this important thing and there's nothing you can do to get there faster. You feel stressed, frustrated, anxious, guilty, ashamed, fearful, furious, whatever.

Now, WITHOUT making the phone call yet to notify the others involved (because that's depending on conditions for your emotional state - are they really mad? Did my excuse convince them? Did I beg for forgiveness enough? And in the case of the concert, you just can't all anyone at all - you just risk losing your expensive seat, not finding parking, or missing your favorite song/concerto....), AFTER you've practiced all the frantic excuses in your head, AFTER you've been mad at yourself and other circumstances, FIND A PLACE OF COMPLETE ACCEPTANCE OF WHERE YOU ARE. Relaxed, shoulders-dropping, oh-well, life-is-good-anyway, ahhhhhhhhhhhh acceptance that is deep enough that you can continue on your way and actually look around and see things that feel good and appreciate them. And that just takes poking around with thought after thought, finding the bigger picture, until you can pull that bad-feeling dagger out of your gut, let others' opinions not twist you in a knot, let yourself off the hook, and just get on with life.

That's what this work takes - PLAYING WITH STUFF IN YOUR MIND TO TRIGGER DIFFERENT EMOTIONAL REACTIONS, and learning which way is likely to feel better, and making it a habit.

A quantum-leap is a sudden huge leap of allowing. This DOES happen, and vibrationally it happens all the time, as "shooting a rocket of desire" -which happens automatically, each time you experience something unwanted- is nothing as a vibrational quantum-leap.

Abe have asked: "How fast can you catch that rocket?"

-And that depends on how trained and stable you are ITV.
    When you are stable in step 4 or even step 5, big shifts (feeling big to others) are MUCH easier to accomplish and actually become quite normal.

That is because you have dropped most of the resistance that makes normal life so wobbly, for most. You are trained in having faith of wellbeing. You are trained in loving and living unconditionally. Joy is your normal, and so, it´s quite easy to see through any unwanted, and to find sources opinion of it, within yourself.

So My guess is that Jerry had trained himself there- what many would call into "enlightenment". Abe teach that enlightenment IS being high ITV, and it is "not as a college-degree, once you have it, it will remain yours for ever more". It´s about the focus in the very moment, and even awesome sages as Jesus slip from that, from time to time.

"They don´t nail you up, when you´r ITV!"

(Abe, talking about that even Jesus "flew out", sometimes.)

"We will not admit that he
    (an enlightened teacher the HS is speaking about)
    is ALWAYS ITV, because:
    He still is in physical form."

(Abe)

I want to add for the records, that when you are highly ITV about a topic/desire, you do NOT have the desire to "let it go"!
    You have the desire to dig it and play with it and enjoy it and plan around it. That´s how "passion" is defined- and because you are SO lined up with the topic, this specificness is pure delight.

When you´ve learned to manage your vibration,
    to sort of settle in for the sake of comfort of it... there is something SO MUCH BETTER than comfort. do you know what it is?
    EXHILARATION.

But because comfort is much better than tension, there is a tendency to find a comfortable space and just sort of maintain that comfort. Which means, explore less contrast, because you wanna take fewer risks, because you don´t wanna go back to that uncomfortable place that you remember from before.

So, our message is to you- you can´t go back. There is no going back! No worry about EVER going back to a less comfortable place.

You are where you are, and moving FORWARDS,
    and there is so much MORE exhilarating experience ahead of you. And we don´t think that exploring contrast should even be categorized as risk-taking!

Because, when you know who you are, when you know about the vibrational reality, when you know about your emotions (...)
    then THERE IS NO RISK, EVER! The potential for soaring in ecstasy is SO MUCH BIGGER AND BETTER!

(...) here is our powerful message to you:
    Get into the Vortex,
    and then do everything you have time for.

from the clip "Abraham Hicks ~ Are some stuck between physical and non-physical?"
    Alaskan Cruise 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Hands in the Clay View Post

That's what this work takes - PLAYING WITH STUFF IN YOUR MIND TO TRIGGER DIFFERENT EMOTIONAL REACTIONS, and learning which way is likely to feel better, and making it a habit.
    Thank You!