Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this Abish or not? ...........

Is this Abish or not? ...........

"Well-balanced people tend to be more proactive than reactive in their approach to things. As a result, they get more done, readily reach their goals, and experience a higher level of joy and satisfaction.
    Here’s a comparison of the behavior and characteristics of the proactive person versus the reactive person:
    The Proactive Person The Reactive Person
    Has a plan of action Wakes up and wonders what’s next
    Seeks solutions Lives in the problem
    Takes responsibility Sees himself as a victim
    Intellectually interprets challenging events Is emotionally hijacked
    Strives to be better Waits to be rescued
    Is hopeful Is doubtful
    Adapts to situations Can’t let go
    Feels the fear and does it anyway Is immobilized by his fears
    Is open to new ideas and input Thinks he knows everything
    Experiences true abundance Always feels like something is missing
    Nobody is in the proactive mode 100% of the time. The challenge is that most of our automatic reflexes are rooted in old habits and deep-seated beliefs. But when we’re aware of our reactions, we can make improvements in how we approach things. What we must do is be conscious of how we’re behaving in day-to-day life, and then “act” accordingly."

I extracted the above from another site. My question is: Is the above Abish or not? & Can we say it is creating by default vs. creating deliberately?

Well, Abraham isn't about "proactive" and in fact is a big proponent of laziness, but instead of answering whether I think this is Abe-ish, I'll just point out some concepts in the piece that are not the teachings of Abraham:

Plan of action
    Seeks solutions
    Intellectually interprets challenging events
    Strives to be better
    Feels the fear and does it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by practicebyignoring View Post
    My question is: Is the above Abish or not?
    Not so much.

& Can we say it is creating by default vs. creating deliberately?
    I think you're misunderstanding "creating by default." If you re-read AAIIG (because I know you have that book handy), you'll discover that Abraham use the phrase "creating by default" to talk about when we don't actively manage our vibration. (Your list seems focused more on action than the vibration in which we're more interested.) Typically, we "create by default" when we offer our vibration out of habit or in response to what we're observing, rather than offering our vibration based on what feels better.

"Deliberate creation" is when we use our emotional guidance system to guide our focus, thoughts and vibration (essentially all the same things) towards our alignment.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Typically, we "create by default" when we offer our vibration out of habit or in response to what we're observing, rather than offering our vibration based on what feels better.
    Thanks

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel View Post
    Well, Abraham isn't about "proactive" and in fact is a big proponent of laziness, but instead of answering whether I think this is Abe-ish, I'll just point out some concepts in the piece that are not the teachings of Abraham:

Plan of action
    Seeks solutions
    Intellectually interprets challenging events
    Strives to be better
    Feels the fear and does it anyway

I fullheartedly agree with you on one hand, but indeed, from ITV, ALL of those could be done AND be "abeish".

-Nothing to say against seeking solution, right? That is THE step 1, that Abe explain it´s crucial for all creation!

-Planned actions can be delicious from ITV!
    Indeed, that´s how most big creations come into manifestation. Think of house-building, technical inventions, all construction, festivities, art, movies- even cooking food.

-Intellectual pondering and interpreting can be SO delicious!

-Striving to be better- oh, what great pull and adventure. It´s striving for expansion and MORE- which is "the mantra of the Universe" (Abe).

(except the last one with the fear... but there is still a sort of ITV nes when you are SO eager and have SO much authentic ITV-momentum, that you just skip the tiny thing that´s not alined yet and do the whole thing, anyway).

It really depends all on if you are ITV, or not!

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    there is still a sort of ITV nes when you are SO eager and have SO much authentic ITV-momentum, that you just skip the tiny thing that´s not alined yet and do the whole thing, anyway).

here´s an example for that:
    Momentum... Esther and the Monsterbus

(when you are trained ITV), your momentum will be enough
    to overcome it
    (the tiny negative things that you throw on your trail).
    Iow, you´r going fast enough that you can overcome it.

Esther knows this, too. You can go through, about any pile.
    Get enough speed and momentum... girths...
    she loved the monsterbus, for that reason.
    She knew she could run over anybody who was in her way.
    (big laughter)

And they all seemed to know it, too!
    She was looking into the rear-view-mirror, when she was entering,
    and they all just cleared a path for her. They knew!

from the wonderful clip
    Abraham Hicks 2015 ペ How to deal with the Unpleasant

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    I fullheartedly agree with you on one hand, but indeed, from ITV, ALL of those could be done AND be "abeish".

-Nothing to say against seeking solution, right? That is THE step 1, that Abe explain it´s crucial for all creation!

-Planned actions can be delicious from ITV!
    Indeed, that´s how most big creations come into manifestation. Think of house-building, technical inventions, all construction, festivities, art, movies- even cooking food.

-Intellectual pondering and interpreting can be SO delicious!

-Striving to be better- oh, what great pull and adventure. It´s striving for expansion and MORE- which is "the mantra of the Universe" (Abe).

(except the last one with the fear... but there is still a sort of ITV nes when you are SO eager and have SO much authentic ITV-momentum, that you just skip the tiny thing that´s not alined yet and do the whole thing, anyway).

This resonate with me mainly because it does not feel like effort, more like a next logical step
    I know Abe encourage us to be lazy but I feel I enjoy an active life, laziness has its time and place (yes I can do completely nothing in few months time when my perception goes muddy and need to be clarified by revising the guidelines and letting LOA teaches baby steps again) but when clarity becomes dominating, I like mentally planning prior to take action to create my reality; rather than being reactionary to observed conditions. The latter feels like waste of energy, compared to wise expanditure of energy. IDK there is an element in wisdom in this article and it felt to me like a comparsion between ITV & OOTV moments. Thanks POE, the Beloved Woman, for the confirmation

So my pleasure!

This resonate with me mainly because it does not feel like effort, more like a next logical step
    I know Abe encourage us to be lazy but I feel I enjoy an active life, laziness has its time and place (yes I can do completely nothing in few months time when my perception goes muddy and need to be clarified by revising the guidelines and letting LOA teaches baby steps again) but when clarity becomes dominating, I like mentally planning prior to take action to create my reality; rather than being reactionary to observed conditions. The latter feels like waste of energy, compared to wise expanditure of energy. IDK there is an element in wisdom in this article and it felt to me like a comparsion between ITV & OOTV moments. Thanks POE, the Beloved Woman, for the confirmation
    Sometimes alignment expresses in the way you say, with juicy planning and a pro-active attitude but most of the time, at least for me, things get done without me moving a finger. A chain of events cascades and I find myself in a new reality. Sometimes all I had to do is make a phone-call. like it happened in my recent move. And I would be very careful in cultivating this pro-active idea as you may then turn the alignment work too into a subtle pro-action journey of 'making it happen'- which is only hindering the natural flow. Really, you're never out of the way enough, and not being the 'doer' is the thing that needs the most to be learned and get accustumed to, as it's kind of counterintuitive after years of paddling and action-journeying.