Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45

Thread: Something very confusing and I feel very bad

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    They don't lead up to something bigger but only in terms of manifestation. Does something getting "bigger" necessarily mean more intense? Not necessarily. I'm going to have to mix a couple of metaphors/examples, but hopefully this explains a piece of it.

    For example, you may find something that annoys you (let's say it's a particular person) and keep focused on that irritation, but does the irritation getting bigger necessarily mean more intense irritation? Not necessarily. What happens often is that LOA brings you more things that irritate you. Now at this point, we'll go back to my example of digging the hole (of irritation) and you've been digging when the topic of the annoying person comes up... and then LOA brings another topic that irritates you, and you dig a little more... and LOA brings up another topic that irritates you, and you dig a little more... and even though you don't think those have any relationship to each other, from LOA's standpoint they're pretty much the same. Just the same vibration of irritation that GETS BIGGER. As far as you're concerned, you may not think they're connected and it's just a shovel full of dirt here and another shovel full there... and then you're confronted with a big hole and you're wondering how this big hole came out of the blue. It was never out of the blue, you just didn't get that LOA matches things that are ALIKE.


    That's very much in line with what I just wrote and the example I used of someone getting pancreatic cancer who can't understand how it happened when they're sure they never thought, "cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer.... pancreas, pancreas, pancreas, pancreas.... cancer cancer, pancreas pancreas..." People offer chronic vibrations that they don't realize they're offering all the time because we're willing to put up with negative emotion that seems like it's not consequential because it doesn't knock your socks off. It's usually not the "knock your socks off" vibrations that result in big manifestations, whether we're talking wanted or unwanted. It's the chronic, incremental vibrations that yield big things.

    If you'll step back from the notion that you need to think "earthquake, earthquake, earthquake, earthquake..." to be a match for an earthquake, and instead recognize that the feelings that you'd expect from a manifestation like that -- whether that's powerlessness, fear, feeling out of control, etc., it's not hard to imagine those feelings coming up on a chronic basis for lots of people.
    Everything you say makes sense to me in some way, but my understanding of what Abraham explains was like this: as I put resistance bit by bit by bit, I feel worse and worse, and something that is a match to how I feel then manifests, like the cancer example. But in my mind it is like this: if I hear from the doctor that I have cancer, in order to be a match to this very unwanted manifestation, then I had to be feeling very bad in that moment. Because my understanding is how I am feeling in that exact moment and what is manifesting in that exact moment must be exact matches. I am still trying to understand how can I be feeling "not so bad", and then something very very unwanted by me can manifest? Then my guidance system is not something in the moment? Because I was not feeling THAT bad at all at all when that event manifested. And the bits and pieces of the negative emotions that I've been feeling that seems familiar in this manifestation were far smaller than the unwantedness level of this manifestation.

    The answer that would make most sense to me is, I guess, "I was feeling that bad, but somehow someway I was not aware that I was feeling that bad.". But I was literally not feeling that bad at all. What is the thing that I don't get here? Have I been misunderstanding the teaching all along? Can I not trust my in-the-moment guidance system?What is that?

    I keep asking because I don't wanna put a HFS on this subject. But maybe the best thing to do is to just keep doing the work, so that I can receive directly from my IB in a way that will make most sense to me? Maybe I am just not a match to getting answer, it feels like that. But I find it helpful to hear the perspectives of dear forum friends and contemplate on them. Thank you so much.

  2. #32
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    68,512
    Just want to stick this one in. It feels crucial for me in this topic.

    People don't embrace contrast very well.
    If you could accept the value of it,
    rather then the immediate jumping to the wrong conclusion
    that you've done something wrong
    or there was something more you need to learn to get it right -
    because it's not like that. It's not remotely like that.

    It's just that you are a strong reacher
    and when it's something extraordinary,
    then sometimes you take big bounces into even more extraordinary.
    And nothing less than really extraordinary on this topic will please you.


    N.LosAngeles Jan. 2013

  3. #33
    WellBean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    On the beach :)
    Posts
    4,659
    I'll add in a quote too.



    "The sooner that you acknowledge that you are molding into place, and you accept, not the responsibility but the HONOR of getting to mold your life into place -- so that you don't freak out if something goes wrong. Sometimes you do that. Something goes not quite right and you go "oooh! I must not be living right. I must news to meditate longer." And we say "let life come to you as it comes and let the contrast serve you all of the time." Cancun April 24, 2016

  4. #34
    Super Kitty Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tempe, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    9,506
    Quote Originally Posted by The LoA-Man View Post
    Everything you say makes sense to me in some way, but my understanding of what Abraham explains was like this: as I put resistance bit by bit by bit, I feel worse and worse, and something that is a match to how I feel then manifests, like the cancer example. But in my mind it is like this: if I hear from the doctor that I have cancer, in order to be a match to this very unwanted manifestation, then I had to be feeling very bad in that moment.
    I'd describe it a little differently. "If I hear from the doctor that I have cancer, because it's a match to what I've been offering, it's going to feel like MORE of how I'm used to feeling." That's what manifestations are -- they're how you feel, but BIGGER. They're more noticeable, more acute versions of how you feel. So if you're a match to cancer, it's because you've been offering strong negative emotion and you've been offering it chronically. When you say, "then I had to be feeling very bad in that moment," are you going to describe it as "very bad" when it's just more of what you're used to feeling? Maybe, maybe not.
    Quote Originally Posted by The LoA-Man View Post
    Because my understanding is how I am feeling in that exact moment and what is manifesting in that exact moment must be exact matches. I am still trying to understand how can I be feeling "not so bad", and then something very very unwanted by me can manifest?
    They ARE matches, except that that LOA is also matching the fact that you've been offering this vibration chronically over time and you're describing a manifestation of cancer (or just about anything else) in a way that isn't really accurate. You're like a lot of people who believe that big manifestations (whether you're talking about wanted or unwanted) are about big, dramatic thoughts, when they're not. Big things are a result of a lot of little things adding up.
    Quote Originally Posted by The LoA-Man View Post
    Then my guidance system is not something in the moment?
    Of course you've got guidance in the moment. YOU'RE GETTING NEGATIVE EMOTION IN THE MOMENT THAT YOU'RE OFFERING THE THOUGHT/VIBRATION. The issue is that you've had this guidance and kept offering that vibration anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by The LoA-Man View Post
    Because I was not feeling THAT bad at all at all when that event manifested. And the bits and pieces of the negative emotions that I've been feeling that seems familiar in this manifestation were far smaller than the unwantedness level of this manifestation.
    Again, that's simply you not realizing that the more you offer a vibration over time, the more momentum it gains and the bigger it gets. We're back to the example of the big hole you've been digging for a while and you standing there in awe because in this moment you only dug a shovel full... It just means you haven't been paying attention to all the digging you've been doing. That's what you're saying when you say, "I wasn't feeling that bad." It's you saying, "I'm used to tolerating this negative emotion and it's pretty normal for me," because you're certainly saying that you weren't feeling good.

    Quote Originally Posted by The LoA-Man View Post
    The answer that would make most sense to me is, I guess, "I was feeling that bad, but somehow someway I was not aware that I was feeling that bad.". But I was literally not feeling that bad at all.
    Or, "I thought it was just this one shovel full, but I guess I haven't been paying attention to all the digging I've been doing." You've been creating over time. You've been creating over time. You've been creating over time.

    Quote Originally Posted by The LoA-Man View Post
    What is the thing that I don't get here?
    THAT YOU CREATE OVER TIME. And that the vibrations that really have a lot of power tend to be CHRONIC ones. They're powerful BECAUSE YOU KEEP OFFERING THEM OVER TIME.
    Quote Originally Posted by The LoA-Man View Post
    Have I been misunderstanding the teaching all along?
    Perhaps.
    Quote Originally Posted by The LoA-Man View Post
    Can I not trust my in-the-moment guidance system?What is that?
    If you were to ask, "Am I getting a clearer picture of how my guidance (and LOA) actually works?" then I'd say, "Absolutely."

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    They don't lead up to something bigger but only in terms of manifestation. Does something getting "bigger" necessarily mean more intense? Not necessarily. I'm going to have to mix a couple of metaphors/examples, but hopefully this explains a piece of it.

    For example, you may find something that annoys you (let's say it's a particular person) and keep focused on that irritation, but does the irritation getting bigger necessarily mean more intense irritation? Not necessarily. What happens often is that LOA brings you more things that irritate you. Now at this point, we'll go back to my example of digging the hole (of irritation) and you've been digging when the topic of the annoying person comes up... and then LOA brings another topic that irritates you, and you dig a little more... and LOA brings up another topic that irritates you, and you dig a little more... and even though you don't think those have any relationship to each other, from LOA's standpoint they're pretty much the same. Just the same vibration of irritation that GETS BIGGER. As far as you're concerned, you may not think they're connected and it's just a shovel full of dirt here and another shovel full there... and then you're confronted with a big hole and you're wondering how this big hole came out of the blue. It was never out of the blue, you just didn't get that LOA matches things that are ALIKE.


    That's very much in line with what I just wrote and the example I used of someone getting pancreatic cancer who can't understand how it happened when they're sure they never thought, "cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer.... pancreas, pancreas, pancreas, pancreas.... cancer cancer, pancreas pancreas..." People offer chronic vibrations that they don't realize they're offering all the time because we're willing to put up with negative emotion that seems like it's not consequential because it doesn't knock your socks off. It's usually not the "knock your socks off" vibrations that result in big manifestations, whether we're talking wanted or unwanted. It's the chronic, incremental vibrations that yield big things.

    If you'll step back from the notion that you need to think "earthquake, earthquake, earthquake, earthquake..." to be a match for an earthquake, and instead recognize that the feelings that you'd expect from a manifestation like that -- whether that's powerlessness, fear, feeling out of control, etc., it's not hard to imagine those feelings coming up on a chronic basis for lots of people.
    That was not in question, what the matter about Emilia is is that it's a very thriving area of Italy and very ITV, what is confirmed by other indicators. So it appears that it was indeed a match to an earthquake but not because a similar vibration was offered. Other more depressed (and sismic therefore expecting the shoe to drop) areas of Italy would have been a more obvious match, but instead it hit Emilia. Which doesn't add up!

    Here with LOA-man, what you describe reminds me of the 'fading' function in Photoshop, or layering in oil painting: the more you go over with your semi-transparent layer, the more the color gets vivid and saturated. That makes sense, but it makes also sense that subtle layer after subtle layer, one should likely have a general feeling of being pinched off that is as intense as the sum of the layers. And LOA-man says this wasn't the case.

  6. #36
    Super Kitty Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tempe, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    9,506
    Quote Originally Posted by rose essence View Post
    That was not in question, what the matter about Emilia is is that it's a very thriving area of Italy and very ITV, what is confirmed by other indicators.
    Except that you can't possibly know what was going on with the vibrations of countless people. People are complex and offer a lot of different and complex vibrations. For you to assume that "it's a very thriving area and very ITV," oversimplifies things on that end to a tremendous extent to render that statement meaningless. It's basically just a fiction you've created about something that's WAY beyond what you can know anything about.
    Quote Originally Posted by rose essence View Post
    So it appears that it was indeed a match to an earthquake but not because a similar vibration was offered. Other more depressed (and sismic therefore expecting the shoe to drop) areas of Italy would have been a more obvious match, but instead it hit Emilia. Which doesn't add up!
    And there you complete the book end oversimplifying what an earthquake means to those countless people. Each person experienced that event in unique ways that fit perfectly what they were doing vibrationally and no two people experienced it in the exact same way. You simply cannot generalize the unique way that any experience fits into the continuity of someone's life. It doesn't add up because you're looking at things in a particularly screwy way.
    Quote Originally Posted by rose essence View Post
    Here with LOA-man, what you describe reminds me of the 'fading' function in Photoshop, or layering in oil painting: the more you go over with your semi-transparent layer, the more the color gets vivid and saturated. That makes sense, but it makes also sense that subtle layer after subtle layer, one should likely have a general feeling of being pinched off that is as intense as the sum of the layers. And LOA-man says this wasn't the case.
    Or perhaps it's just not a helpful analogy. I'd describe it as being more like compound interest. The interest rate per period isn't big, but because you're compounding things over time, something small gets bigger and bigger and bigger. Does the interest rate suddenly get big in order for you to have reached the big amount? No. It's the compounding part that's responsible for that.

    But even if you use your oil painting/Photoshop analogy, you're applying the layer over and over and over again to reach a cumulative result. Are you ever suddenly cranking up the amount of thickness of the layer? NO. The change is a result of repetition, even though each layer remains the same thickness. Why would that suddenly mean that in the moment you should feel the weight of all those other layers when all you're doing is applying the regular thickness that you've been using? It wouldn't.

    The other piece is this -- at some point you've got to accept the difference between the way you think LOA SHOULD or COULD work versus how it ACTUALLY works.

  7. #37
    Marc, I have had so much clarity with your inputs. Thank you so much.

  8. #38
    PoE and WellBean, those quotes are wonderful. Thank you

  9. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Hands in the Clay View Post
    Dear sir, you are forgetting the very basic principle from the Master Course recordings: Negative emotion feels worse when you've moved your vibrational setpoint. And all of us experience this, but we don't always know what to call it. The hotseater in that DVD says, "I feel worse now when I'm a little bit ornery than I used to feel when I was depressed," and Abraham reply, "Yes, a little bit of negative emotion goes a long way."

    So if you're accustomed to feeling pretty good most of the time, an old feeling of "anger" or "resentment" (related to an area that doesn't crop up often enough for you to have worked on it diligently) is going to cause you to feel (relatively speaking) MURDEROUSLY angry. Abraham even talk about Esther feeling "murderous" toward workshop attendees and their desire to catch her in private, ask her special questions, hang around her because of her "celebrity".... She's really just "irritated" or "exasperated," but in her usual emotional setpoint, that registers as "Get me a hatchet!!!"

    On top of all that, you are adding self-criticism to the process ("I thought I managed my vibration better than this"), and self-criticism is one of the worst feelings there is, and that makes it harder for you to shift the feeling, because you've got a "blend" of negative emotions going on, not just one clean target.

    For me, an area I haven't "cleaned up" that generates "worry" in the Old Me will actually cause a feeling of "dry-mouthed terror" in the New Me. And the first thing I have to do is "relativize" so that my interpretation of the emotion is based on what I KNOW about vibrational resistance, and not what I REMEMBER about "what feelings mean."

    Here's a post from the 51% thread that gets into this:
    http://www.abeforum.com/showthread.p...l=1#post812090

    So, feeling any relief as you absorb this information?
    Thank you, HiTC. Yes, this was quite helpful and I will now read the 51% thread.

  10. #40
    Thanks to everyone who shared their beautiful insights. Thank you

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •