Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Something very confusing and I feel very bad

Quote Originally Posted by The LoA-Man View Post
    Yes, I notice that I was feeling a combination of those feelings for years really but they were not this momentous. I was not feeling this bad.
    That's how things work -- you keep offering a vibration and keep offering it, and then BAM, it gets bigger. That's why Abraham reminds us, "If you don't know where your resistance is, don't worry... it will get bigger."
    This was like boom boom boom that happened all of a sudden.
    Not all of a sudden, after offering those feelings for years. It's sort of like digging a hole right in front of you for years, and then finally digging so much that the ground under your feet finally gives way and you fall in. It's not "all of a sudden," it's the logical consequence of digging for years.
    I really did not get at all how I was a match to something that big in that moment where I was not feeling that terrible.
    You just explained it -- this was about you continuing to add momentum to that vibration for years and then finally, POP. That's how momentum works -- you keep offering a vibration and it gets bigger. Now you understand how things work.
    I was not feeling great, but I was also really not feeling that bad. And I was not feeling that negative about that person. But I also think that this was not the only exception to LoA, yeah. And I still have doubts, but as I raise my vibration, I have momentary awarenesses on how this thing may have happened. I overall think (wish) this was just something that is another vibrational match to me which I am just not seeing.
    Again, this isn't about you "not seeing" it, you've already explained that you realize that you've been offering this vibration for years. This is you having your life experience teach you how things work. That's a good thing!
    I will feel better about anything and everything that comes up. I will just feel better. Now this brings another question to my mind. It is like a different topic but my question is: it still is doing the work if I only reach for the feeling of relief instead of deliberately thinking the thoughts, right? I mean when I reach for the feeling of relief directly, then my thoughts shift into thoughts of relief to reflect that change in my vibration which I find thru directly reaching for relief. Sometimes this is easier for me to do. This is still doing the work since I feel relief, right?
    Feelings are just very general thoughts, so yes, feeling better is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBean View Post
    I realized that the Abe saying of "things are always working out for me" is not a cute way of remembering to stay positive -- it's a CHOICE. It's a mindset. Because it can't work out if I don't let it. Sometimes it feels like the hardest choice I've ever made in my life, because sometimes I'd rather feel justified than look at my rascal and say "this shitty thing you did to me is exactly right for me and is on my current path of least resistance." Pretty unsatisfying Right?!? So in that red hot moment, maybe the justification is right, and then it will soften and the path opens up -- do I want to keep being right, or do I want to choose the "things are always working out for me" path and see where that goes?
    I agree - I wish to add:
    It is a mind set and works well for fast momentum. You cannot get it wrong or done, no such thing as early nor delay in your progress.
    Just bare in mind, even when it manifest, you still can change it. There are no permeanent things, forced into our reality, we can still change, as co-creators.

Think of it a bit:
    When you were a child and someone bought you that new castle, king, army construction set toy.
    Sometimes when I get this toy, I get too excited, I tear off the package, and I start to build a castle on the same day (Going General).
    As time pass by, it takes me few days or a week or so, to construct that: beautiful, multi facilities, multi features, extra large bedroom for king, extra large living hall for king; with additional story levels castle dedicated for king's comfort and privacy (Going Specific).
    Then months later, I would find an EVEN BETTER way, to build that PERFECT CASTLE using the same set, I would call my little friend and show them my new creation and they would be like "wow, how could you do all using just this set? you did not borrow additional pieces to create that? I do not know how to do it, the way you do it".
    Now, that newly expanded version of the castle toy set, I will probably never demolish and will put the army into their final positions, and start to play with king using same set up (Specifics of the specifics).

It can never end really. You can do so many things, with that same set up for years until the new version comes out in the market.

Haven't you notice some kids will play with a toy set for a week, then get bored with it and desire a new toy set, although there are still unlimited possibilities with what they currently have & that current set?
    Nothing wrong with their desire for new set, but only if it did not come from a place of not-appreciating what they have.
    As we grow older, have more freedom, we have lost ability, to appreciate things around us. Learn to appreciate yourself and how your life is always.

Sometimes it only take life experience, to implify those wanted desire, to make us appreciate what we have, to make us appreciate what comes next.

It always happen in the right time for it, you do not know only Higher Power knows it! I have manifested things into my reality before and I was like "wow, that has taken a decade or so to come into my reality" THEN, I find out "oh wait a minute, I still have some pieces left to complete that vision image in my mind of this desire". AFTERWARD, I would be telling myself "wow if that came any time sooner, I wouldn't be in that mental frame work to allow or release it into my experience or reality".

Don't look back and analyze it, it will affect you in an unproductive manner.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBean View Post
    I realized that the Abe saying of "things are always working out for me" is not a cute way of remembering to stay positive --
    I want to expand on this because this is a really important point. I agree with much of what WellBean has shared here and she did such a good job that I don't want to cover that well-covered ground.

The piece that I'd like to add is that there's value in everything that we're experiencing, even the sucky stuff. The reason why the sucky stuff feels "sucky" is because we're looking away from the value that our IB is looking at. Our IBs are celebrating that stuff that we're labeling "sucky." Furthermore, it's NOT because our IBs have some perverse scale of "good/bad" or they revel in "lessons." There's none of that. Our IBs use OUR scale of "good/bad;" we get to choose. And there are NO lessons.

Now, I'm not suggesting that we instantly jump from our perspective of "terrible" to the perspective that our IB has about the situation. The LoA won't let us do that. But sometimes, acknowledging and leaving myself open to the idea that there is value--and value that I want--for me in this (and there is) even if I'm not yet in a place to see or sense what that value might be can take some of the edge off of what I'm feeling, when I find myself in the midst of such an unfolding.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post

acknowledging and leaving myself open to the idea that there is value--and value that I want--for me in this (and there is) even if I'm not yet in a place to see or sense what that value might be can take some of the edge off of what I'm feeling, when I find myself in the midst of such an unfolding.
    Yes! I love how you put it!! It's not always within our reach to say sincerely that things are going well -but --

Leaving myself open to the idea that there is value in this

-- even this. Even though I can't see it or feel it right now.

That's what I meant by trust in my path. It may not be a pretty path for whatever reason, but I'm open to trusting the value in this step of the path. Even if that value is "watch where you're going!!"

Thank you, wonderful brother WB.

I still don't get this thing: I was just close to neutral in my vibration about this woman, she was like just someone else for me. But is the thing like this: I was adding resistance bit by bit by bit about this and that and this and that into my vibrational mix, and then even though I was not feeling so bad at all in that moment, and for some reason, even though I was not feeling anything about this woman, she was vibrating in the frequency that is a match to the culmination of my resistance and LoA said: "here is somebody who will reflect your culmination of resistance back to you!"?

And the other thing that I don't get is I was not feeling that bad at all in that moment, and LoA says how you feel and what manifests are exact vibrational matches; but I was really not feeling that bad at all in that moment. How could this thing have happened then? I really don't get this part at all.

I still don't get this thing: I was just close to neutral in my vibration about this woman, she was like just someone else for me. But is the thing like this: I was adding resistance bit by bit by bit about this and that and this and that into my vibrational mix, and then even though I was not feeling so bad at all in that moment, and for some reason, even though I was not feeling anything about this woman, she was vibrating in the frequency that is a match to the culmination of my resistance and LoA said: "here is somebody who will reflect your culmination of resistance back to you!"?
    EXACTLY. Abraham reminds us that someone who gets pancreatic cancer isn't thinking, "Cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer.... pancreas, pancreas, pancreas... cancer.... cancer... pancreas... pancreas..." They're offering the myriad of different things that fit into the general pattern of strong negative emotion they're used to feeling, and that chronic vibration is what results in that manifestation.

So in your case, you're offering this pattern of feelings that may come up in any number of different subjects and you're doing it chronically. Because when you keep offering a vibration, it's got to keep getting bigger, things popped and came through the path of least resistance.
    And the other thing that I don't get is I was not feeling that bad at all in that moment, and LoA says how you feel and what manifests are exact vibrational matches; but I was really not feeling that bad at all in that moment. How could this thing have happened then? I really don't get this part at all.
    You know how Abraham talks about when you offer a thought for 17 seconds you activate that vibration, and then after another 17 seconds another thought joins it and with each 17 second span the energy increases exponentially? Well guess what? That's not something that just happens when you're visualizing winning the lottery, it happens with EVERYTHING.

What you're saying might make sense if you had just offered that vibration for the first time, but as you point out -- you've been offering these feelings for years and not done anything about it, so LOA has shown you that you've been offering this vibration for a while and it's built up momentum. Again, it's like my analogy of digging that hole for years and then shoveling that one bit of dirt that causes the ground beneath you to collapse. You could conclude that you can't understand how that could possibly happen because you only shoveled that one bit of dirt in that moment, but to do that ignores that you've been digging for years. Isn't that the definition of being oblivious to what's going on? You're creating OVER TIME.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    EXACTLY. Abraham reminds us that someone who gets pancreatic cancer isn't thinking, "Cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer.... pancreas, pancreas, pancreas... cancer.... cancer... pancreas... pancreas..." They're offering the myriad of different things that fit into the general pattern of strong negative emotion they're used to feeling, and that chronic vibration is what results in that manifestation.

So in your case, you're offering this pattern of feelings that may come up in any number of different subjects and you're doing it chronically. Because when you keep offering a vibration, it's got to keep getting bigger, things popped and came through the path of least resistance.

You know how Abraham talks about when you offer a thought for 17 seconds you activate that vibration, and then after another 17 seconds another thought joins it and with each 17 second span the energy increases exponentially? Well guess what? That's not something that just happens when you're visualizing winning the lottery, it happens with EVERYTHING.

What you're saying might make sense if you had just offered that vibration for the first time, but as you point out -- you've been offering these feelings for years and not done anything about it, so LOA has shown you that you've been offering this vibration for a while and it's built up momentum. Again, it's like my analogy of digging that hole for years and then shoveling that one bit of dirt that causes the ground beneath you to collapse. You could conclude that you can't understand how that could possibly happen because you only shoveled that one bit of dirt in that moment, but to do that ignores that you've been digging for years. Isn't that the definition of being oblivious to what's going on? You're creating OVER TIME.
    But wouldn't my negative emotion be sharper in the last moment since when I shovel that last bit of dirt, it will be the thing that will cause the ground beneath me to collapse? I think the answer is yes, but I was used to resistance so I was not able to receive that guidance that was on offer to me. Am I right about this?

But wouldn't my negative emotion be sharper in the last moment since when I shovel that last bit of dirt, it will be the thing that will cause the ground beneath me to collapse?
    No, because it wasn't the thing that caused the ground beneath you to collapse. It's the digging over time that does it. One shovel-full is just one shovel-full.
    I think the answer is yes, but I was used to resistance so I was not able to receive that guidance that was on offer to me. Am I right about this?
    Well, you just had experience that just contradicts that premise, which is why you're saying you "don't get" how it happened.

Marc, I don't understand, if in any point in time what I think, how I feel and what manifests have to be the same, how does that combine with this idea of a build-up of momentum of minor feelings leading up to something bigger but only in terms of manifestation? these two statements seem contradictory to me....
    I am reading this thread with interest as I raised a similar question in another thread, about the earthquake of 2012 in Emilia, Italy, which makes little sense to me in terms of LOA. There a possible answer that was contemplated was that when there is a powerful intention of growth, situations of clarifying contrast may be drawn in that will be conducive of a faster expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by rose essence View Post
    Marc, I don't understand, if in any point in time what I think, how I feel and what manifests have to be the same, how does that combine with this idea of a build-up of momentum of minor feelings leading up to something bigger but only in terms of manifestation? these two statements seem contradictory to me....
    They don't lead up to something bigger but only in terms of manifestation. Does something getting "bigger" necessarily mean more intense? Not necessarily. I'm going to have to mix a couple of metaphors/examples, but hopefully this explains a piece of it.

For example, you may find something that annoys you (let's say it's a particular person) and keep focused on that irritation, but does the irritation getting bigger necessarily mean more intense irritation? Not necessarily. What happens often is that LOA brings you more things that irritate you. Now at this point, we'll go back to my example of digging the hole (of irritation) and you've been digging when the topic of the annoying person comes up... and then LOA brings another topic that irritates you, and you dig a little more... and LOA brings up another topic that irritates you, and you dig a little more... and even though you don't think those have any relationship to each other, from LOA's standpoint they're pretty much the same. Just the same vibration of irritation that GETS BIGGER. As far as you're concerned, you may not think they're connected and it's just a shovel full of dirt here and another shovel full there... and then you're confronted with a big hole and you're wondering how this big hole came out of the blue. It was never out of the blue, you just didn't get that LOA matches things that are ALIKE.

Quote Originally Posted by rose essence View Post
    I am reading this thread with interest as I raised a similar question in another thread, about the earthquake of 2012 in Emilia, Italy, which makes little sense to me in terms of LOA.
    That's very much in line with what I just wrote and the example I used of someone getting pancreatic cancer who can't understand how it happened when they're sure they never thought, "cancer, cancer, cancer, cancer.... pancreas, pancreas, pancreas, pancreas.... cancer cancer, pancreas pancreas..." People offer chronic vibrations that they don't realize they're offering all the time because we're willing to put up with negative emotion that seems like it's not consequential because it doesn't knock your socks off. It's usually not the "knock your socks off" vibrations that result in big manifestations, whether we're talking wanted or unwanted. It's the chronic, incremental vibrations that yield big things.

If you'll step back from the notion that you need to think "earthquake, earthquake, earthquake, earthquake..." to be a match for an earthquake, and instead recognize that the feelings that you'd expect from a manifestation like that -- whether that's powerlessness, fear, feeling out of control, etc., it's not hard to imagine those feelings coming up on a chronic basis for lots of people.