Thread: Vibrations of Places and anniversaries of events?

Vibrations of Places and anniversaries of events?

Ihave a question that I hope I can state clearly.

DoAbe say anything about places having their own "absorbed"vibrations? I know other metaphysical teachers talk about that sortof thing, and if everything is vibration and has some form ofconsciousness I suppose it can make sense.

I'venoticed that I seem to be sensative to the anniversaries ofemotionally traumatic events and it seems to be worse if I am in thesame physical place I was during the events.

About a year ago, I went through some things with a person very close to me that were quite upsetting, and were the culmination of several years of similar troubles. Since then, we have both become familiar with the teachings of Abraham and have been working individually and together on practicing the teachings and improving ourselves and our mutual relationship.

Although it was not in my conscious mind, for the past few days I have been extremely oversensitive around this person and quick to assume "the worst" of them, to the point of starting an argument that quickly escalated on both our parts and I'm still feeling stunned by it.

Couldit have anything at all to do with being in the same place that wewere in most of our time together in the past? Why would I get sotouchy around a year later when I was not even consciously thinkingabout the past?

Thoughts?I am still kind of in a mental/ emotional fog so any guidance is welcome. I did manage to meditate last night ( I had skipped a couple of days) and that brought some relief, but I still feel very nervous and unsettled. I' m reaching for relief any way I can, but it's very upsetting to find yourself knocked all the way down the EGS.

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eostre View Post
    Ihave a question that I hope I can state clearly.

DoAbe say anything about places having their own "absorbed"vibrations? I know other metaphysical teachers talk about that sortof thing, and if everything is vibration and has some form ofconsciousness I suppose it can make sense.
    Yes, in two different ways.
    The one is the intention of the creator that created a special place and who KEEPS their vibrational attention from nonphxsical upon it. According to Abe, we all have been in on the (co-)creation of Earth, and of Nature, and so we are drawn to specific places as our own creation in special- and specific love. I guess, you are not speaking of those?

The other is, that when intense things happen especially over a long time, the thoughts and thoughtforms of people who lived there stay at this place and who is tuned to them, can tap into them and read- aka translate them. Thatīs what a "haunted house" is, per example, or just the "genius loci" of any place.

what stands out of that is collected here:
    Thought forms and what they mean

I'venoticed that I seem to be sensative to the anniversaries ofemotionally traumatic events and it seems to be worse if I am in thesame physical place I was during the events.
    vibrations are NOT tied to specific places, but whatever activates them within YOU, activates them. Maybe a fragrance, a picture, a piece of music, a specific dress, a date- whatever.

About a year ago, I went through some things with a person very close to me that were quite upsetting, and were the culmination of several years of similar troubles. Since then, we have both become familiar with the teachings of Abraham and have been working individually and together on practicing the teachings and improving ourselves and our mutual relationship.

Although it was not in my conscious mind, for the past few days I have been extremely oversensitive around this person and quick to assume "the worst" of them, to the point of starting an argument that quickly escalated on both our parts and I'm still feeling stunned by it.

Couldit have anything at all to do with being in the same place that wewere in most of our time together in the past? Why would I get sotouchy around a year later when I was not even consciously thinkingabout the past?
    That is absolutely possible. What has the most vibrational trained momentum (the thoughtforms on this place, or the other person, or whatever), will dominate the vibration of who is in vicinity.

Thatīs why Abe teach us to set our "own tone" on purpose and deliberately. When you clearly hold to your wanted tone, nothing unwanted can "assert" itself to you.

Thoughts?I am still kind of in a mental/ emotional fog so any guidance is welcome. I did manage to meditate last night ( I had skipped a couple of days) and that brought some relief, but I still feel very nervous and unsettled.
    Stating the unwanted makes it more! How about saying "I already found some relief, and I want this to become even more stable and peaceful."?

I' m reaching for relief any way I can, but it's very upsetting to find yourself knocked all the way down the EGS.

Again, the "stating it as it is", adding a big fat "but" to your positive beginning and ending it even with a sad emoticon is just unneccessary!
    Become sensitive to which shoots yourself in the foot, and cut it out. It just doesnīt serve anybody.
    -"I' m reaching for relief any way I can!"

-Good enough, right?
    Last edited by paradise-on-earth; 09-13-2017 at 09:54 AM.

Whilst everything is vibration, it's not that there are “good” places and “bad” places like they suggest perhaps in horror shows Vibration (of a place, of an object, of a person, rec.) cannot assert itself into your experience. That's a fundamental principle of these teachings.

And you know this from your radio. All those stations are broadcasting their programming. But as much as those stations want you to listen to THEM, you only hear the station that's playing on the frequency that you tune your radio to. It's the same thing with this material.

This may seem to you to sound a little blameful (it's not) but if you're having an experience, it's because you have tuned your frequency (whether you were aware that you were doing so or not) to the frequency of that experience. That's the ONLY way you are having that experience.

And you want this to be the case, otherwise you are suggesting that people, places and things have the ability to create in your reality and they don't have that ability.

Your experience is letting you know that you have some thoughts (about this person, about your “sensitivity;” about your history; about this place; about “places" and “anniversaries” and “vibration" in general; etc.) that you are now realizing that you'd like to “clean up.”

This wasn't so much as “subconscious” or “unconscious” because you were having emotional guidance along your way to your manifestation. That guidance might have seemed “normal" to you or may not have been important enough for you to work with or you may have thought that you had “dealt with” it already or whatever. But now you have a new awareness from which you can make those decisions for yourself again.

When you're “quick to assume,” that's momentum. You're telling us that you've practiced yourself into some habits of thought to such proficiency that you're making your “knee-jerk reaction.” And now you're able to observe them (and think your habits of thought). You could do your “work" when you're together but that's going about things the hard way. IOW, you've practiced your habits of thought, you've generated the momentum you've been generating, you're out of the airplane without a parachute. “Hang on; it'll be over soon.” That's what Abraham say, right? IOW, be easy about this, particularly on yourself and let them off the hook. This is your momentum. This is your “play”you're directing and you've cast them into this role.

Later on, when they are not all up in your face and you're not surrounded by reminders you can observe in that place, you'll find it easier to do your “work.” From this story that you're telling us here, it sounds like this is “work" that you'd like to do later on.
    Last edited by WellBeing; 09-13-2017 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Formatting

Thank you to POE and Well Being. You are both absolutely correct. I've had more time to chill out since this morning and things are starting to clear up. I do indeed have a lot of "beliefs" around places and history and dates that have, over the years, become very reliable, just as Abe teach. I have to remember that I am really in charge of all this (even though it often seems to have a life of its own..I DID THAT. )Now I have to do something different. I'm thinking a nap may be in order today.

Cool. Good for you.

So, which thought feels better?
    Now I have to do something different.
    OR
    I want to do something different.
    I have decided to do something different.
    I get to do something different.
    I have the ability to do something different.
    I have the power and the opportunity to do something different.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Cool. Good for you.

So, which thought feels better?

OR
    I want to do something different.
    I have decided to do something different.
    I get to do something different.
    I have the ability to do something different.
    I have the power and the opportunity to do something different.

Oh! I like all of those better! It will be nice when I can think like that, too....someday. (Feeling frustrated with myself, honestly )

(Feeling frustrated with myself, honestly )
    Don't feel frustrated, because I cheated. I'm not used to your patterns of self-talk so certain things will stand out to me whilst they seem "normal" to you. Plus I had your thoughts in black-and-white to "work" with. That's why I'm a big promoter of writing things down (or posting here on the Forum).

It will be nice when I can think like that, too....someday.
    Ooo, something to look forward to!