Thread: Law of Attraction question

Law of Attraction question

So I'm kinda new at all this. I bought 3 of AH's books (LOA, Vortex and Ask/Given).
    In LOA book she says we have to take 15 minutes out of each day and give thought to the things we want.

Do I have to this every day, or just do it once and leave it alone??
    Last edited by Frisky; 1 Week Ago at 01:58 PM.

Welcome back to the Forum, Frisky!

Quote Originally Posted by Frisky View Post
    So I'm kinda new at all this. I bought 3 of AH's books (LOA, Vortex and Ask/Get).
    I'm going to be a little bold here but since you're restarting all of this, I think it's important that you give yourself a helpful start. It's great that you bought the books. Good for you. I'm going to suggest that you carefully and thoroughly read them with the intention of learning what Abraham teach, rather than looking for your quick answers. Then, we can talk about applying what you've learned that they teach to the specifics of your desires. You'll save yourself so much time, if you do that one little thing.

In LOA book she says we have to take 15 minutes out of each day and give thought to the things we want.

Do I have to this every day, or just do it once and leave it alone??
    I've made my recommendation above in direct response to your question. You see, you've left out of your question and your consideration Abraham's whole idea of your emotional guidance system.

Sure, it's great if you can think about what you want and why you want and feel good as you do that. But what happens with a lot of us is that we spend much more time thinking about what we want and how we don't have it and how no one we know has it and how long we've wanted it and haven't had it and...and...and.... That's not a helpful way of thinking about the things that we want. In fact, it's that sort of thought which is preventing us from having the things that we want.

Now, you don't have to worry because you have an emotional guidance system which will let you know when you're doing this sort of thing because this sort of thing doesn't feel good.

So, if you factor in your emotional guidance system and you are able to follow the recommendation that you've read and feel better (See? It doesn't even have to be "good." "Better" is sufficient.) as you do that, then you tell us: Is this then something that you "have to" do or something that you'll want to do? (Don't you want to feel better, especially if you've been used to feeling crappy?) And then isn't feeling better something that you would want to every day, rather than just once and leave it alone?

You get to choose. You create your own reality. Do you want to create a reality where you feel better? If so, you can start right now.

^^^^ I know you mean well, but that doesnt answer my original question.

I heard from one person you only need to do one 15-minute session to tell your higher self what you want, and then I heard from another you need to repeat it daily.

I get the part what you're saying about adding emotion into the mix (which I do).
    But that still doesnt answer my original question, sorry.

FYI I've had mixed success with LOA. Sometimes, it works, other times it doesnt.
    And I'm just wondering if I need to increase my daily sessions??

...but that doesnt answer my original question.
    It really does, my friend. The reason why Abraham ask us to do ANY thing is for the better feeling we can accomplish. That's it. That's Abraham's "only one answer."

So, the Abraham answer to your original question is if you can feel better as you think about ANYTHING, that's something that they'd recommend. And their question to you (which is what I'd asked you) would be "if you can feel better as you think about ANYTHING, why would you limit that 'better' feeling?"

I heard from one person you only need to do one 15-minute session to tell your higher self what you want,...
    That's not Abraham. Abraham teaches us something different. Abraham teaches us that you "tell your IB* [Abraham's term for "higher self"] what you want" all day, every day in what Abraham call Step 1 (Asking) of their original 3 Steps of the Creative Process. Every waking moment of every day of your life you are Asking**. You are coming to new, personal preferences. As you come to your new, personal preferences, you launch your RoDs, which is how your IB knows what you want. Abraham remind us that, because we Ask all day every day and have been doing so since we were born and because we Ask vibrationally, we have become so good at Asking that we aren't even aware that we're doing it.

...and then I heard from another you need to repeat it daily.
    Again, not from Abraham.

When you Ask (Step 1), in that very same instant it is Given (Step 2). In fact, they wrote a whole book about that, with that title, which you have.

You don't need to repeat it daily because it's done. It was done when you Asked, way back when. Your IB is already living the improvement that you had Asked for, way back when. If you want to live that improvement too, then you're going to need to come into alignment with your IB which is Step 3 (Allow), which is about 97% of what Abraham talk to us about. You Allow by shifting your vibration. You can tell when you are shifting your vibration towards what you want because you feel better, which brings me back to my original answer to you.

I get the part what you're saying about adding emotion into the mix (which I do).
    But that still doesnt answer my original question, sorry.

FYI I've had mixed success with LOA. Sometimes, it works, other times it doesnt.
    And I'm just wondering if I need to increase my daily sessions??
    Can you flog the LoA in an unproductive manner to get it to do what you want? No, that doesn't work, in much the same way that you can try to demand that gravity makes things fall up. It's called a "Law" because it works consistently, equally and impartially across all situations. You can work with it contrary to the way it actually operates (like expecting and planning for things to fall up) and then it seems like it "doesn't work." But it is "working."

*You can find a translation of the acronyms and abbreviations that we commonly use here on the Forum in our Glossary.

**Capitalized to indicate Abraham's use of that common English word.

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    You don't need to repeat it daily because it's done. It was done when you Asked, way back when
    Okay good!! Thats the answer I was looking for.
    I did a one 15 minute session a few months ago and I'm gonna leave it at that then, and just aim for my "good feelings". Thats simple enough

Just FYI I am only on page 40 of LOA. So I still have a bit to learn.
    The 2 Vortex and Ask/Given books I have already finished