Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quit my job when pregnant to follow my passions.....

Lightbulb Quit my job when pregnant to follow my passions.....

Hello lovely people!

I would love some support and guidance for my current situation... as I'm stuck somewhere and need to find the way out!....

A quick summary of where I'm at without getting too much into the details...

I left my well-paying corporate job at the end of July , because for a long time it was draining me and I felt so very unhappy. I was 5 weeks pregnant at the time, and I made a decision to give up the security of the job and maternity pay , to follow my bliss, get creative again and to grow a healthy baby without unnecessary stress.

I wanted to use the time prior to the baby to grow and build my online business - as I SEE myself successfully working on my business when my little girl arrives in February.

So far I've put lots of effort into my online business- but have had NO sales . I've not mentioned my pregnancy to ex- colleagues as I figure they would all tell me I was crazy and send me on a downward spiral. I certainly have no regrets over leaving - i'm 100% sure that leaving was the best for me, my baby and my business dreams.. but I do have fear about money!

I have some savings - but with bills and general living - it seems to be diminishing quickly.

I am open to a part-time job before her birth in February...

Each day I am working on my website - but there is (as i'm sure you can tell) some resistance here.. which in itself is annoying as i also left my job because I wanted to take the time to explore, be creative and find out what makes me happy.. but the fear of my small savings running out is halting the having fun process...

I would love your help!!!!!!!!

thanks from me and the baby!

xx

Quote Originally Posted by love2beloved View Post
    Hello lovely people!

I would love some support and guidance for my current situation... as I'm stuck somewhere and need to find the way out!....

A quick summary of where I'm at without getting too much into the details...

I left my well-paying corporate job at the end of July , because for a long time it was draining me and I felt so very unhappy. I was 5 weeks pregnant at the time, and I made a decision to give up the security of the job and maternity pay , to follow my bliss, get creative again and to grow a healthy baby without unnecessary stress.

I wanted to use the time prior to the baby to grow and build my online business - as I SEE myself successfully working on my business when my little girl arrives in February.

So far I've put lots of effort into my online business- but have had NO sales . I've not mentioned my pregnancy to ex- colleagues as I figure they would all tell me I was crazy and send me on a downward spiral. I certainly have no regrets over leaving - i'm 100% sure that leaving was the best for me, my baby and my business dreams.. but I do have fear about money!

I have some savings - but with bills and general living - it seems to be diminishing quickly.

I am open to a part-time job before her birth in February...

Each day I am working on my website - but there is (as i'm sure you can tell) some resistance here.. which in itself is annoying as i also left my job because I wanted to take the time to explore, be creative and find out what makes me happy.. but the fear of my small savings running out is halting the having fun process...

I would love your help!!!!!!!!

thanks from me and the baby!

xx
    Hello there... congratulations on your pregnancy - having a child/children is such a blessing and being a mum is ace! For what it's worth I can relate in many ways and fear can cause us to block the good that we want. I would get a back up plan in place - that way you can chill out about your future. Worst case scenario - you can go temping with an agency to bring some money in and put your plans on temporary hold. You could even get the universe to organise for you to work with people whom you can connect with and provide inspiration for the moulding of your plans. Pre-paving and getting clear about your intentions pays big time but only if you are in a feel good place. There is much support out there financially for mothers - you may need to do some research. I took 2 years out when I had my children and even though money was tight it was one of the best things I could have done. If you feel resistant about the website I would leave it for now and find ways words to soothe yourself like 'I acknowledge I've got some resistance and take full responsibility for it, I know the laws of the universe and am doing my best, I'm moulding the clay of my creation and I trust inspired action will come to me. I love myself and know I am making the very best life decisions for me and my baby, I never get it done and don't need my wanted manifestation this minute. I think I am going to put the fun into my project and I know the future is bright because I know too much now for it to be anything different. Life is here to support me and I accept and appreciate my world'. The very best of luck with everything! Xx

congrats on everything, even as you learn how to enjoy this new ride

Super Moderator Hands in the Clay's Avatar
    Short and sweet questions: How are you deliberately applying the Abraham Teachings in your situation? What Processes? How often? What emotions are you working to shift? Because that is what we are here to talk about - not your action journey, but your emotional journey to help allow what you have ALREADY ASKED FOR.

Hello Hands in the Clay!

In the time that I've left my work , I've been focused on the business.

In terms of deliberately applying I have:

Been listening to Abraham hicks videos to feel better
    Spending time with positive people
    soothing myself by reminding myself i've made the right decision.
    Enjoyed some lovely holidays with my loved ones.

But i can do soooo much more.... which is why I am here - Ready to take on the advice

Welcome back to the Forum, l2bl!

In the time that I've left my work , I've been focused on the business.
    That's understandable and human but, as you know, Abraham would ask you to shift your priorities around so that you focus mostly on your alignment and less on getting your business done. Because your alignment will be how you will get your business done.

In terms of deliberately applying I have:

Been listening to Abraham hicks videos to feel better
    Spending time with positive people
    That's lovely, but can you see how these don't really address your habits of resistance? In fact, they're sort of crutches because you're not actually learning any of your own skills to tend to your own resistance, needing to find a video or a "positive person" to observe so that you can feel better, when Abraham teach us how to shift our vibration deliberately and consciously so that we can feel better on our own.

So, to ask HitC's same question in a different way, how are you applying the tools and techniques of these teachings to address your resistant thoughts, the thoughts that you think which produce your Fear, your Worry, your Doubt?

soothing myself by reminding myself i've made the right decision.
    And have you noticed that, a lot of the times, that sort of argument with your Doubt doesn't really feel better, which is Abraham's "only one answer" and which is the definition of "soothing"? In fact, if you're paying attention to your emotional guidance system, I'm sure you'll have noticed that a lot of the time that reminding sort of inflames your own Doubt that you have made the "right" decision, adding stress, which doesn't feel better?

So, use your emotional guidance system. Find thoughts which still seem true to you yet which feel better.

Enjoyed some lovely holidays with my loved ones.
    Because, if you don't actually soothe your resistant thoughts or you don't learn the skills to soothe your own resistant thoughts, then what happens (and I'm sure you're experiencing this) you'll find that your resistant thoughts will pop up intermittently to mess up your lovely holidays and other outings you have planned for yourself. What you've been doing here (and it's good that you have been doing that much) has been turning over the management of your own vibration to your surroundings (like holidays and clips and people). But the challenge there is that your surroundings have very limited influence over your vibration and you have very limited control over these conditions of your surroundings. As you go on to tell us, you have so much more ability

But i can do soooo much more.... which is why I am here - Ready to take on the advice
    Indeed, you can. Maybe it's time you cracked open AAIIG once again and had a refresher read, to remind yourself of what Abraham teach us. When you do that, you'll remember that Abraham teach us that we create our own reality and we create our reality with our thoughts. We allow the reality (like your business) that we've already created to flow out of VR/VE/Vortex* through our own alignment. We manage our alignment through our focus and our thoughts. More specifically than that we can't "advise" you, because you have your thoughts out of your post. "Your thoughts matter, a lot."--Abraham.

*You can find a translation of the acronyms and abbreviations that we commonly use here on the Forum in our Glossary.

Welcome to the Forum, Pamela1975!

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Welcome to the Forum, Pamela1975!
    Thank you! So excited to connect with you all xx.

Quote Originally Posted by Pamela1975 View Post
    Hello there... congratulations on your pregnancy - having a child/children is such a blessing and being a mum is ace! For what it's worth I can relate in many ways and fear can cause us to block the good that we want. I would get a back up plan in place - that way you can chill out about your future. Worst case scenario - you can go temping with an agency to bring some money in and put your plans on temporary hold. You could even get the universe to organise for you to work with people whom you can connect with and provide inspiration for the moulding of your plans. Pre-paving and getting clear about your intentions pays big time but only if you are in a feel good place. There is much support out there financially for mothers - you may need to do some research. I took 2 years out when I had my children and even though money was tight it was one of the best things I could have done. If you feel resistant about the website I would leave it for now and find ways words to soothe yourself like 'I acknowledge I've got some resistance and take full responsibility for it, I know the laws of the universe and am doing my best, I'm moulding the clay of my creation and I trust inspired action will come to me. I love myself and know I am making the very best life decisions for me and my baby, I never get it done and don't need my wanted manifestation this minute. I think I am going to put the fun into my project and I know the future is bright because I know too much now for it to be anything different. Life is here to support me and I accept and appreciate my world'. The very best of luck with everything! Xx
    Thank you for your excitement and energy!

How can I get the universe to align me a temporary job?