Quote Originally Posted by love2beloved View Post
...but there is still a part of me that thinks - YOU HAVE 4 MONTHS BEFORE THE BABY ARRIVES - Time to earn money NOW! how can I soothe this....
As many of our Forum friends already know, I really like that word, soothing, because it really captures for me the idea that Abraham are trying to get across to us. I find it's often helpful to explain "soothing" by stepping outside of ourselves for a minute. Usually, I explain soothing by asking the person wanting to know about soothing to imagine what they would tell a dear friend, who came to them with the same situation and with the same issues and hot buttons, to help that dear friend feel better. (This is where that "still seems true" piece really comes into play because they can smell, from a mile away, when you're offering platitudes, statements which don't seem true to them.) You see, you already "soothe" a lot. You know how to do it. Sometimes, you just need to step outside of yourself in order to be able to do it for yourself. (And it'll be great practice for you as a soon-to-be mom, where soothing can be such an important skill for any mom.)

Give it a shot here, if you'd like.