Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quit my job when pregnant to follow my passions.....

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Welcome back to the Forum, l2bl!

That's understandable and human but, as you know, Abraham would ask you to shift your priorities around so that you focus mostly on your alignment and less on getting your business done. Because your alignment will be how you will get your business done.

That's lovely, but can you see how these don't really address your habits of resistance? In fact, they're sort of crutches because you're not actually learning any of your own skills to tend to your own resistance, needing to find a video or a "positive person" to observe so that you can feel better, when Abraham teach us how to shift our vibration deliberately and consciously so that we can feel better on our own.

So, to ask HitC's same question in a different way, how are you applying the tools and techniques of these teachings to address your resistant thoughts, the thoughts that you think which produce your Fear, your Worry, your Doubt?

And have you noticed that, a lot of the times, that sort of argument with your Doubt doesn't really feel better, which is Abraham's "only one answer" and which is the definition of "soothing"? In fact, if you're paying attention to your emotional guidance system, I'm sure you'll have noticed that a lot of the time that reminding sort of inflames your own Doubt that you have made the "right" decision, adding stress, which doesn't feel better?

So, use your emotional guidance system. Find thoughts which still seem true to you yet which feel better.

Because, if you don't actually soothe your resistant thoughts or you don't learn the skills to soothe your own resistant thoughts, then what happens (and I'm sure you're experiencing this) you'll find that your resistant thoughts will pop up intermittently to mess up your lovely holidays and other outings you have planned for yourself. What you've been doing here (and it's good that you have been doing that much) has been turning over the management of your own vibration to your surroundings (like holidays and clips and people). But the challenge there is that your surroundings have very limited influence over your vibration and you have very limited control over these conditions of your surroundings. As you go on to tell us, you have so much more ability

Indeed, you can. Maybe it's time you cracked open AAIIG once again and had a refresher read, to remind yourself of what Abraham teach us. When you do that, you'll remember that Abraham teach us that we create our own reality and we create our reality with our thoughts. We allow the reality (like your business) that we've already created to flow out of VR/VE/Vortex* through our own alignment. We manage our alignment through our focus and our thoughts. More specifically than that we can't "advise" you, because you have your thoughts out of your post. "Your thoughts matter, a lot."--Abraham.

*You can find a translation of the acronyms and abbreviations that we commonly use here on the Forum in our Glossary.
    Thank you for the welcome - i'm so happy to be getting insights from you- I feel like i'm not really getting the process- so excuse my simplicity as i really want to ''get this''

By focusing on my alignment, does this simply mean - watching for when i'm feeling bad and work my way up to feeling better?

That's lovely, but can you see how these don't really address your habits of resistance? In fact, they're sort of crutches because you're not actually learning any of your own skills to tend to your own resistance, needing to find a video or a "positive person" to observe so that you can feel better, when Abraham teach us how to shift our vibration deliberately and consciously so that we can feel better on our own.

That's a good observation - yes I feel that when i'm on my own and not distracted , i'm not feeling so great - do i simply accept the unease , and then do as you said to find thoughts which will feel better? Is this best done by writing it out?

So, to ask HitC's same question in a different way, how are you applying the tools and techniques of these teachings to address your resistant thoughts, the thoughts that you think which produce your Fear, your Worry, your Doubt?

So, use your emotional guidance system. Find thoughts which still seem true to you yet which feel better.

this comment about the holiday is very true - i found myself having a lovely time and then the fear cropped up and scared the fun out of it...

thank you - I agree, I need a refresher!

Thank you. x

Quote Originally Posted by lemon-up View Post
    congrats on everything, even as you learn how to enjoy this new ride

thank you ! I guess I should be seeing this as a ride!

Quote Originally Posted by love2beloved View Post
    Thank you for your excitement and energy!

How can I get the universe to align me a temporary job?
    You are very welcome. I would focus on getting into a good feeling place and then declaring your intentions for a temporary job. It is abit like banging it into place but it is likely to be your path of least resistance for now so it is very important that you feel good and pre-pave or the end manifestation will feel off... meditation is good to bring you to a neutral and then play with words and feelings - and if you hit an off vibe, soothe it. You will feel when you have done enough. The key is to milk the good feelings. You may well find that you get something even better and inspiration hits and takes you down a different path... who knows, it's exciting to see the universe deliver and how cleverly circumstances and events knit together! Utube is great for Abraham clips and the audio books are great for listening to while you clean, iron - for when stuff has to get done... I would suggest the earlier books as those have the processes in them and you learn something new and useful with each read or listen. Hope that makes sense!

Thank you for the welcome - i'm so happy to be getting insights from you- I feel like i'm not really getting the process- so excuse my simplicity as i really want to ''get this''

I understand. That's why I suggested that you read an Abraham book, where Abraham clearly, simply, methodically spell it out for you. No Forum post (or thread) can really substitute for their clarity. Particularly when (and please don't take this as any form of criticism) the questions that you're asking here are about the fundamental concepts and terms of these teachings. You owe it to yourself to give yourself the best education possible, don’t you think?

By focusing on my alignment, does this simply mean - watching for when i'm feeling bad and work my way up to feeling better?

Yes.

So, let me ask you: what do you mean by “work my up”? How will you actually do that? (Give yourself bonus points if you can answer: “Why would you want to do that?”)

- do i simply accept the unease ,...

As opposed to what? I mean, has pushing against your unease felt better or made it easier for you or helped you?

You don’t push against the gas gauge in your car as it moves towards Empty, do you? No. You “accept” the information it’s giving you and then you tend to the information that it’s giving you. It’s the same thing here.

and then do as you said to find thoughts which will feel better?

Yes, although I suggested that you find thoughts which still seem true to you and which feel better. After all, your own experience (with your reminders that you’ve made the right choice) has shown you that when you reach for thoughts that you don’t really believe, you don’t really feel better.

Is this best done by writing it out?

Most people find it easier, in the initial stages, to write it out.
    I agree, I need a refresher!

Great! That’s an excellent place for you to start, I think.

How can I get the universe to align me a temporary job?

Let’s say this a little differently, because there is no “Get me a Job” Process from Abraham. When you read your book, you’ll discover that when you (not “the universe”) come into your own alignment (Step 3 of Abraham’s Original 3 Steps of the Creative Process) your path to your prosperity and success with start to unfold before you, along what Abraham call your “path of least resistance” (PoLR). Maybe your PoLR includes a temporary job or maybe it involves your own motivation and your cooperative components for your business to begin to thrive according to the parameters you’ve already put in your VR/VE/Vortex. None of us can know that for you. This is why we seldom talk about the action journey here on The Abe Forum and why we focus instead on your vibrational journey.

Remember that everything that you want is INSIDE your vortex.

And your work, is to GET IN there.
    Make THAT your work.

Every morning get up and remember your TRUE WORK....Alignment with the broader, part of YOU.

And make THAT your priority. Getting into alignment. Because everything else comes from THAT. And if your not doing that, how can anything else come?

So meditate in the morning, meditate at lunchtime, meditate at dinner time!
    And do things that you LOVE to do, that make you feel good, whatever they are.

And when you are freaking out.....soothe soothe soothe yourself.

Remember your original intention.....
    ...to follow your bliss.
    ...to be stress free for your baby.
    ...to regain your happiness.
    ...to regain your energy.

So, your work is exactly that.....follow your bliss....

And you do not need to do this through your action, although that can be very nice, and helpful too.
    But, what will help you so much more, is getting a handle on your vibration, your emotions, and moving towards THAT emotional bliss.

Its is your alignment with YOU, that brings you bliss.

And so, the help that you seek is from within....and you can FEEL your way there, emotionally.
    One thought at a time, one moment at a time, one day at a time.
    Reach for thoughts that FEEL better emotionally, to YOU.

Its your alignment that you want to FOCUS upon.
    Because that brings everything else.
    The clarity, the good timing, the inspired ideas, that right place right time, the inspiration, the creative ideas......

Although I truly understand what you are saying about your savings running out,
    It is a mistake to believe that the amount of savings that you have in your bank account, or not, is why you FEEL how you feel emotionally.

NO, it is the THOUGHTS that YOU choose to think that halt the having fun, or not.
    Of course its easier with a large amount of savings!
    But Only because of your THOUGHTS ABOUT THAT! Actually.

How would you feel if you had more savings?

Think about that.
    And then realise, that the balance in your account did not change, but you felt better, in just the thoughts?

That's HOW you follow your passion...
    You follow the trail of thoughts that lead you towards FEELING passion.
    It is an EMOTIONAL journey.

And if I were you I would soothe myself by remembering my positive intentions.
    And focus on what I want, and why I want it.
    And make my alignment the work that I do first and foremost.
    And trust that everything else will come from that alignment.
    I would get up in the morning and meditate, and do whatever I love to do FIRST of all.
    I would get myself into the vortex first and foremost every day....and then...take any action from that place of alignment.

You cannot "afford" to feel bad!
    You can only "afford" to feel GOOD.

Make that the "currency" that you reaching for.....
    knowing that then you will hear the call of your inner being.

When you are in resistance, not so much.

When you are in alignment, you will hear your inner being calling you to ideas, to go hear, and say this, to good timing and good rendezvous....

Remember this;
    You may not know what to do.
    But your inner being DOES.

And when you are in alignment you are able to RECEIVE thoughts, ideas from your inner being.

All the best to you and you baby

Quote Originally Posted by songbird View Post
    Remember that everything that you want is INSIDE your vortex.

And your work, is to GET IN there.
    Make THAT your work.

Every morning get up and remember your TRUE WORK....Alignment with the broader, part of YOU.

And make THAT your priority. Getting into alignment. Because everything else comes from THAT. And if your not doing that, how can anything else come?

So meditate in the morning, meditate at lunchtime, meditate at dinner time!
    And do things that you LOVE to do, that make you feel good, whatever they are.

And when you are freaking out.....soothe soothe soothe yourself.

Remember your original intention.....
    ...to follow your bliss.
    ...to be stress free for your baby.
    ...to regain your happiness.
    ...to regain your energy.

So, your work is exactly that.....follow your bliss....

And you do not need to do this through your action, although that can be very nice, and helpful too.
    But, what will help you so much more, is getting a handle on your vibration, your emotions, and moving towards THAT emotional bliss.

Its is your alignment with YOU, that brings you bliss.

And so, the help that you seek is from within....and you can FEEL your way there, emotionally.
    One thought at a time, one moment at a time, one day at a time.
    Reach for thoughts that FEEL better emotionally, to YOU.

Its your alignment that you want to FOCUS upon.
    Because that brings everything else.
    The clarity, the good timing, the inspired ideas, that right place right time, the inspiration, the creative ideas......

Although I truly understand what you are saying about your savings running out,
    It is a mistake to believe that the amount of savings that you have in your bank account, or not, is why you FEEL how you feel emotionally.

NO, it is the THOUGHTS that YOU choose to think that halt the having fun, or not.
    Of course its easier with a large amount of savings!
    But Only because of your THOUGHTS ABOUT THAT! Actually.

How would you feel if you had more savings?

Think about that.
    And then realise, that the balance in your account did not change, but you felt better, in just the thoughts?

That's HOW you follow your passion...
    You follow the trail of thoughts that lead you towards FEELING passion.
    It is an EMOTIONAL journey.

And if I were you I would soothe myself by remembering my positive intentions.
    And focus on what I want, and why I want it.
    And make my alignment the work that I do first and foremost.
    And trust that everything else will come from that alignment.
    I would get up in the morning and meditate, and do whatever I love to do FIRST of all.
    I would get myself into the vortex first and foremost every day....and then...take any action from that place of alignment.

You cannot "afford" to feel bad!
    You can only "afford" to feel GOOD.

Make that the "currency" that you reaching for.....
    knowing that then you will hear the call of your inner being.

When you are in resistance, not so much.

When you are in alignment, you will hear your inner being calling you to ideas, to go hear, and say this, to good timing and good rendezvous....

Remember this;
    You may not know what to do.
    But your inner being DOES.

And when you are in alignment you are able to RECEIVE thoughts, ideas from your inner being.

All the best to you and you baby
    Thank you Songbird, I really resonate with what you have written here - Particularly when you say You cannot "afford" to feel bad! You can only "afford" to feel GOOD. This really makes so much sense to me and I will use the points you have mentioned here! so very powerful thank you

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    In terms of deliberately applying I have:

Been listening to Abraham hicks videos to feel better
    Spending time with positive people
    Enjoyed some lovely holidays with my loved ones.
    You already got such great advice.
    Iīm just mirroring back to you, that all this 3 things "you did to feel better" base upon observing wanted conditions.
    Also, your username "love to be loved" hints to you, wanting to observe conditions, as the condition of "being loved".
    Thatīs very understandable and it works for some time.

But Abe teach us not to REACT to good conditions, but instead to CREATE good conditions. Thatīs a big difference, the second makes you know- and apply your power and freedom, and is SO MUCH MORE fun!

Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    You already got such great advice.
    Iīm just mirroring back to you, that all this 3 things "you did to feel better" base upon observing wanted conditions.
    Also, your username "love to be loved" hints to you, wanting to observe conditions, as the condition of "being loved".
    Thatīs very understandable and it works for some time.

But Abe teach us not to REACT to good conditions, but instead to CREATE good conditions. Thatīs a big difference, the second makes you know- and apply your power and freedom, and is SO MUCH MORE fun!
    I do wonder, as I often listen to motivational speakers who talk about the importance of buckling down and working hard - I feel like I have this resistance within me.... I believe in the teachings of AH and the importance of the vortex and feeling good - but there is still a part of me that thinks - YOU HAVE 4 MONTHS BEFORE THE BABY ARRIVES - Time to earn money NOW! how can I soothe this....

I do wonder, as I often listen to motivational speakers who talk about the importance of buckling down and working hard - I feel like I have this resistance within me.... I believe in the teachings of AH and the importance of the vortex and feeling good - but there is still a part of me that thinks - YOU HAVE 4 MONTHS BEFORE THE BABY ARRIVES - Time to earn money NOW! how can I soothe this....
    In following your INNER emotional guidance.

How does it FEEL to focus on earning money, now?

Abeīs core-teaching says that when you feel good (which is your emotional indicator for being lined up with who you really are, and all desires that you hold) EVERYTHING falls into itīs place and your journey unfolds.
    We came to do any action to celebrate what we have- our dream-job, our wanted space in which we can dance and create and explore (with action WHEN this action feels good).

But we did not come to create through action.
    Thatīs what most people get wrong.

Also, Abe never "motivate". They instead INSPIRE. Inspiration comes from the inside out, itīs sources voice that calls you in a JOYFUL or RELIEFGIVING way.

The word "should" is the telling hint:
    When you should-, need- or must- do something, youīr probably not in alignment with it, and so your action will not net you what you really want. Ask yourself: How does this feel?
    When you feel tension, need or obligation (which all feel less than good, right?) thatīs your clue that you could find some thoughts that feels so much better instead.

While when you instead "want"- "may"- or "love to do" something, thatīs joyful inspiration. It will lead you to the fulfillment of desires.

Hot Seat:
    I used to be action-oriented.
    Sometimes I don’t feel the inspiration to do anything.
    I just lie back for a very long time.
    And then I worry. I feel I’m wasting my life.

Abraham:
    Sometimes action is inspired. So don’t mistake action and effort.
    By effort we don’t mean action.
    Oh, nothing is more delicious than being tuned in
    and inspired to some action!
    Because an action in non-resistance produces so much
    and it is pleasurable.

But when effort - that means the energy isn’t lined up right
    and you’re trying to use the action to compensate for the energy-
    and you never get there.

That’s what we mean by effort.
    That’s why effort feels like struggle and strain.
    Action doesn’t have to feel like struggle and strain.
    In other words, when you use the laws of the Universe
    and you go with the flow of that, then it’s just inspired action.

Westchester, NY, October 2014

from the quotecollectionDoubt and Procrastination