Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Decluttering

  1. #11
    WallieGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    followyourbliss
    Posts
    668
    Quote Originally Posted by songbird View Post
    Yes, like the others have said, make it about "decluttering" your emotional gap.
    Yes, I like that!

    Quote Originally Posted by songbird View Post
    Personally, I have done the "clearing clutter" process a handful of times, and found it very helpful.
    I tried it in the past and did not find it helpful. But I will try it again. I have a “fresh” set of eyes now. Perhaps it will work better with my new perspective.

    Quote Originally Posted by songbird View Post
    Why look at the pile, when it can be out of sight, and feel more relaxing!
    For some reason, the thought of not having piles, of seeing everything clearly and not through a clutter fog, is very scary to me. I don’t know why.

    Quote Originally Posted by songbird View Post
    For me, I have made it a fun thing to do.
    Yes, making it fun! That’s important. At this point, decluttering is a chore – not something I enjoy or look forward to.

    Quote Originally Posted by songbird View Post
    When we act from feeling overwhelmed, we just create more overwhelment! Create the emotion FIRST, and then you will ENJOY BOTH the creation and the unfolding of the path.
    How can I create the emotion, if the emotion (or the feeling) of being decluttered scares me?

    I’m sure more will be revealed.

    I am looking forward to this journey and seeing it where it takes me.

    Thank you for your post.

  2. #12
    WallieGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    followyourbliss
    Posts
    668
    Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    And here are some quotes...

    Delegate it to the manager (the nonphysical helpers). You have this really good staff that will take care of everything for you. You just have to delegate it — and trust it.
    ---Abraham Excerpted from: St. Louis, MO on July 18, 2000
    I love the idea of delegating all of my “stuff” to a staff! Where do I sign up?

    Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    (...) We want you to release all guilt about the glorious life that you´re living.
    Cancun 2014, from the wonderful clip Abraham Hicks. Don't go looking for contrast!
    Yes, for some reason, I do feel bad when I feel too good.

    Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    So, next time when you feel yourself inclined to call yourself a procrastinator, instead call yourself a sensor of energy-alignment, who´s not willing to do the hard work of acting- unless the energy is lined up!
    I love that quote, POE, thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth;990961[B
    we want you next time when you say "I need to get organized", which means- I need to take action! - instead say: "I need to get myself into vibrational alignment with what feels good. I need to be kinder to me. I need to be softer with me. I need to be lighter with me. I need to get myself into a place, where I can receive the IMPULSE, that will take me to the most productive action." [/B]Abe
    Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    and as you feel US, along with the impulse-it will feel interesting. It will feel exhilarating. It will feel exciting. Reach for those feelings! And if you´re not feeling any of those feelings-than DON´T DO IT!!! Dallas 4-28-12
    Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    Abe: We agree with that, but when you hate organizing, then organizing will hold you back, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    And so what we are really saying to you is: find the place of ease and let your creative juices flow, and let everything else take care of itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    Abe: In other words, as you say, “I’m a bad person because I don’t make my bed,” then you better make your bed or get over thinking that you’re a bad person-because you don’t.
    Abe: In other words, either make it or say it’s all right that you don’t, but don’t keep yourself in that tension place, you see. What we would do, if we were standing in your physical shoes, we would look for our own positive aspects. We would say, “I’m alive, I’m energetic, I’m enthusiastic about life. There is so much that I want to do. There are so many things that do attract me, there are so many things I’m interested in. And I’m taking a big bite out of life, and the things that matter do get my attention. Everything’s percolating along just right, and I’m becoming more and more expansive. And at any time that I want, if it’s really important, I can hire someone to deal with all of that stuff.” And just relax.
    This quote brought me much relief. I am starting to understand now. WB, I think this is what you meant when you asked me to tell myself soothing thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    The only thing that matters is your alignment between you and You. That’s all, you see. So ease your own mind and bring yourself into alignment. If you really, really, really want things to be tidy, if you really, really want things to be reconciled and organized, then you’ve been launching rockets of desire and the Universe has been hearing that. And as you chill out and stop beating up on yourself and noticing how ‘irresponsible’ and disorganized you are, which is holding you in a pattern that is not letting the Universe yield to you what you need to get organized - - in other words, as long as you’re frustrated about not being organized, that means that frustration itself is the indicator that you’re holding yourself in a place where even though the Universe is trying to yield the solution to you, you can’t get it, you see. So that’s why we’re saying make it a non-issue. Say it doesn’t matter. De-activate that and everything that you need or want, if you really want it, will flow easily to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    Because if you want it and you relax, it will happen. That’s big. No matter what it is -- if you really want it and if you get out of the way of it, it will happen. It must be. It is law. It can be no other way. from the collections: Abe on taking ACTION Doubt and Procrastination
    Thanks much, POE, for taking all that time to post those quotes for me. It helped tremendously. I sincerely appreciate it!

  3. #13
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    67,889

  4. #14
    songbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Somewhere beautiful, England.
    Posts
    4,247
    Wonderful quotes Paradise....especially love the last one

  5. #15
    songbird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Somewhere beautiful, England.
    Posts
    4,247
    Quote Originally Posted by WallieGirl View Post
    Yes, I like that!



    I tried it in the past and did not find it helpful. But I will try it again. I have a “fresh” set of eyes now. Perhaps it will work better with my new perspective.



    For some reason, the thought of not having piles, of seeing everything clearly and not through a clutter fog, is very scary to me. I don’t know why.



    Yes, making it fun! That’s important. At this point, decluttering is a chore – not something I enjoy or look forward to.



    How can I create the emotion, if the emotion (or the feeling) of being decluttered scares me?

    I’m sure more will be revealed.

    I am looking forward to this journey and seeing it where it takes me.

    Thank you for your post.
    Your welcome

    If your thoughts about de cluttering currently feel like fear, as you express here.
    Then the emotional journey that you are on, is to go from feeling fear about this, to feeling less fear about it, and then in the same way, gradually finding thoughts that give you some emotional relief, and so FEEL better to you.

    In the same way that the last quote, where abe soothed the man in the hotseat from feeling bad about being disorganised, to feeling good about it! It is the same sort of thing, as this. Finding ways to think about it, that feel better to you emotionally...That really is what Abraham are teaching us in a nutshell. Maybe you can find some ways to do this from the wonderful quotes Paradise posted.

    Maybe, the way to do it, is to find a way to relax more about it, like with the last quote, be easier about it.

    Looking forward to this journey, and seeing where it takes me....as you wrote....is a really good place to start.

    All the best.

  6. #16
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,114
    Quote Originally Posted by WallieGirl View Post
    Yes, I can see it now. I know exactly what you mean. And I do that with other issues, as well.

    Well, then, isn’t it good to know that you only have this one thing to improve your effectiveness on all those issues? And that you have all these different opportunities to practice this improvement so that you don’t get rusty?


    Quote Originally Posted by WallieGirl View Post
    Ummm…that’s a tough one.

    So, let’s stop here for a second because this is important. And this is NOT a criticism, but every waking moment, you are creating your own reality. You create your own reality with your thoughts. You see, it’s very common (especially, when we’re new to this material) for us to think that this material is only operating when we’re “working” on our issues or when we’re doing our Processes, etc. But the LoA is always-on, just like gravity is always-on.

    So, do you know why’s “that’s a tough one”? In large part, because you tell a story that “that’s a tough one.” Let that sink in for a little bit. Isn’t it good to know that it’s not inherently a tough one? That it’s only a tough one because you tell the story that that’s a tough one? This means that if you were to tell a different story, then you would eventually have a different experience. (BTW, it’s the same thing with your clutter, as our friends here are pointing out to you.)

    So, can you find a story about this tough experience which still seems true to you yet which feels better?

    Quote Originally Posted by WallieGirl View Post
    I spend so much time beating myself up for having the clutter, and trying to get the willingness to clear the clutter, that I don’t stop to think about soothing thoughts I can tell myself.

    This material does often ask us to do things differently from what we’ve been in the habit of doing. How has your beating yourself up and your struggle with this topic been working out for you? Are you willing to try something different? IOW, rather than just jumping right into the action of trying something different, let’s start with the vibrational approach. Let’s soften this resistance right here to get you ready to be ready to do your “work.”

    Can you (and I’m asking you because this isn’t about finding The.Right.Words to say but to work from what you currently believe--which you had posted--towards something which feels better to you. Stop yourself when you answer “No.”)--

    Can you say that it’s been your experience that this is what you had been doing in the past and that you had been doing this in the past for your own very good reasons and that you were doing the best that you knew then how?

    Can you honestly say that you have been doing a lot of learning and studying (of this and other material) and you are now beginning to understand things differently and beginning to see your world, your topics in different ways?
    Can you honestly say that your new understandings and your new perspectives also bring with them new approaches and techniques that you hadn’t tried before but you can kind of, sort of see the value in some of these new approaches and techniques?

    Can you honestly say that maybe “tough” might have been the most available word for you then, but it might not have been the most accurate word to use? Might words like “unfamiliar” or “unpracticed” be more accurate and perhaps better-feeling?

    Can you honestly say that, from your own personal experience, there’s a learning curve with anything new that you’ve tried to do?

    Can you honestly say that you have gone through that learning curve with something you wanted to learn?

    Can you honestly say that once you’d gone through that learning curve and that you’d learned that something that you wanted to learn, once you had learned it, it was no longer “tough”?

    Can you honestly find any difference between that experience and what Abraham is asking you to do?

    How did you do? Where do you now stand? Is this more or less “tough” for you now?

    Quote Originally Posted by WallieGirl View Post

    How about:

    “My clutter is serving a purpose. I don’t know what it is yet, but it’s okay. And it’s not going to go away until I make friends with it. So I might as well accept it the way it is and let it be!”

    First off, good for you for taking a stab at this!

    Normally, when someone asks me “How about:?”, I answer that question with two questions:

    • Did each of those statements you’ve posted here seem true to you? AND
    • Did each of those statements (or parts of those statements) feel better?


    You see, you don’t need my answer. You, like Dorothy in the Land of Oz, have had the power all the time. When you can answer an unequivocal “Yes” to each of those questions about each piece of what you’ve written, that’s your own emotional guidance system answering your “How about:?” with a clear “Yes.” If you equivocate, you can go back and tweak what you’ve written so that you no longer “wobble.” (That would be the “shoring up” that Abraham talk about.) If you answer “No” one or both of those questions, try again. Easy-peasy.

    Now, I don’t know what you’re thinking or feeling but I’m going to guess that what you’ve written here doesn’t really pass my litmus tests. It seems to this Peanut in the Gallery that, in some parts, you’re reaching farther than you actually believe. That’s all right. That’s part of the learning process. But keep in mind the LoA doesn’t speak English. The LoA doesn’t hear your words, no matter how pretty. The LoA responds to your vibration.

    Going hand-in-hand with that idea, the LoA makes it “tough” (j/k) for us to instantly and radically shift our vibration on a topic. That’s why I said “In large part” above. This is the other part to why it’s tough for many of us: because we try to accomplish a quantum leap. That’s why I emphasize the “still seems true” piece of the equation, because when we get into “wishful thinking” territory, we’re often just practicing our Unwanted/Lack-or-Absence focus, just in pretty clothing. So, as songbird mentions above, when you find yourself thinking your thoughts and feeling Fear (capitalized to remind you that it’s on Abraham’s Emotional Scale and, therefore, is emotional guidance), find thoughts which still seem true to you yet which feel less Fear-ful (or feel like Jealousy or Blame or Anger).

  7. #17
    WellBean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    On the beach :)
    Posts
    4,629
    Quote Originally Posted by WallieGirl View Post
    Thanks much, WB. I appreciate your feedback!

    Thing is, I used to be very organized. I prided myself on it. I have been going to Clutterers Anonymous meetings for years. And I used to say to everyone, “Clutterers Anonymous worked the fastest for me than any other 12 step program I have ever been to.” Seriously! I would go to a meeting, come home, and feel inspired to declutter. It worked liked osmosis! And it lasted for years.

    Two years ago, a switch flipped. I couldn’t declutter my home or my office anymore. I don’t know what happened.

    I stopped practicing my two major addictions apx. 3 months ago….is clutter the last to go? Am I still hanging on to it because I need something to feel bad about? Because “success” is so very scary to me? (These are questions I ask myself).

    I do like the idea of making peace with my clutter. I’m not sure exactly how to do that, but I have made a beginning by starting this thread and reading everyone’s wonderful feedback. I started reading the feedback last night.
    Hi WG! I haven't read the other responses, so excuse me if I repeat.

    Absolutely I know it feels better to live CLARITY that shows up as tidy and organized. My further point is that it is a little conditional to say that clarity can only come living tidy and organized. I also know the energy you are speaking of -- that flow that sweeps you along. It does feel great. And I would call that Inspired Action that comes with Clarity.

    What I am wishing to express to you is something from my own experience (myself and observing others) is the Shame -- which I believe is dissolved in Self-Compassion, not "perfect" Action. Abraham says you have to LOVE people out of their destructive habits, not shame them. And that especially includes ourselves.

    When I use language like "problem" and "addiction" -- those point to me living my out Shoulds and Shame.

    In other words, as much as it looks like making peace with the clutter, it's about making peace with the Me Who Isn't Perfect and Should Be Different. Because who says I'm not perfectly wonderful the way I am?? TV shows and the media and "perfect" people? I AM SOURCE ENERGY!!! SOURCE AND MY IB LOVE ME IN ALL MY GLORIOUS IMPERFECTIONS!!! AND THINK THAT IM PERFECT NOW!!!

    And I KNOW, that it feels good to live the way you prefer to live. I know it felt good when you were living out the Clarity. And I wouldn't for one second say that isn't exactly right to want what you want.

    But for me, until I quit reaching for it because it was trying to "fix the problem so I wouldn't feel bad/shame/should anymore" it went nowhere. The vibe would not move.

    On the other side of the coin, I have known and lived with people who had perfect houses and impeccable organization and none of those people were living Clarity and Alignment either. They were constantly freaked out that something would be out of place or get dirty. But they got the PRAISE of our culture. This isn't alignment but very painful conditional living. None of them would ever say something felt off about it, because it "looked good."

    I mean no disrespect to the 12-Step program, and I know it is deep and a path to self-love -- but I do wish they'd reword that first step of acknowledging the "problem" and that you are "powerless" over it. I want it to say "I found a way that I'm not loving myself and I am learning self-compassion feels better. I figured out that I'm letting the world tell me I'm not good enough, and I'm no longer going to let the world tell me who I really am -- I'm going to let Source tell me who I really am. And I do look forward to the inspired action that feels so good and I do look forward to living a life that FEELS really good TO ME, and I know the way to get there is to be as loving to myself as I would to another. To begin to find myself as perfect as Source does, and any condition I'm living is not wrong, never wrong, despite appearances. I'm so appreciative of my EGS which is always leaning me in the direction of truly KNOWING who I really am. Source never sees a problem, Source only knows LOVE and loves that I'm free enough to choose to feel Not Love, and just as free to choose it -- but even in Not Love and unwanted conditions I am never diminished, not one bit, from the glorious perfection that I am."

    So, I think I needed that. Thanks for the opportunity to write it.

    So much love to you, WallieGirl.

  8. #18
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    67,889
    Leslie, WOOW once again. So profound, once more. EXACTLY!!!

  9. #19
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    67,889
    I want to add Abe´s take (one of them, they phrased them several times) on 12-step-programs:

    ~ The Next 12 Steps ~


    (speaking about the AA-12-step-program)
    We would introduce the 12 Step program as the first 12 steps,
    and we would tell them there are 12 more.
    And the first 12 steps are about the action part of distancing yourself
    from something that hasn´t been working.
    And then, once you´ve sort of got that under your belt,
    then we would begin the next 12 steps, which would be about
    understanding that you are the creator of your own reality.

    ~ The Next 12 Steps ~

    1. While you´ve been saying in the first 12 Steps,
    that there is a power that is greater than you,
    there has never been a power that is greater than you.
    You just somehow separated yourself from that greater power.
    But it never left you. It never was forsaking you.
    It was always aware of you, reaching for you, calling you toward it.
    You just could not hear. But it was always there.

    2. The second of the next 12 Steps would be:
    You are the creator of your own experience,
    and you are doing the best that you knew how to do,
    every step along the way.
    You did the best from where you were that you could have done.
    And you can´t go back and undo all of that.
    So now you have admitted all of that wrong doing,
    and now you´ve made your peace with all of those people
    who you have wronged. This new second step says,
    I did the best that I could do then, and now I´m in a better place,
    and it will be easier this go-around.

    3. The third thing in this new set of steps is:
    I am where I am.
    I am where I am, and where I am is all right, because it has to be,
    because it´s the only choice I have.
    If where I am is not all right, then it´s over for me.
    If where I am is not all right, then there´s nothing else for me to do,
    because I can´t get to where I want to be,
    when I am condemning where I am.
    Not possible. You can´t possibly turn downstream in condemnation
    of where you are.
    So, I am where I am, and where I am not only is enough.
    It must be enough, because it´s all I´ve got.

    4. The fourth step is:
    I am a worthy being, who is an extension of Source Energy,
    and I came forth with powerful intention, and got crossways of it.
    And when I got crossways of it, I went nuts,
    because who I am is such a lover,
    and such a knower of my own value.
    And when, somehow along my physical trail,
    I lost sight of that, I could not abide in my own vibration.
    The split in me was too severe, and that´s the reason
    I turned to something that was numbing.
    And while I will not turn to something that is numbing again,
    it is satisfying to know that when someone like me,
    who is pure positive energy, gets crossways of who I am,
    that it´s going to be pain beyond pain,
    that will require numbing, and I´ve never known anyone
    who would deny anyone some sort of a solution or solving of some kind of pain.

    5. Step five says:
    I will make peace with those who did not understand how I felt.
    For how could they? Everyone has their own emotional scale.
    Nobody could know what was downstream for me.
    Nobody could know what was a solution for me.
    And they all stood in such certainty that they were right,
    when they couldn´t possibly know.
    And so this fifth step, in my second set of steps,
    is my true acknowledgment of my powerful desire to forgive them.
    The first [set of steps] demanded that I ask for their forgiveness.
    In this second [set of steps], I´m prepared to give them my forgiveness.
    I forgive them for not understanding me.
    I forgive them for trying to be my guidance when they could not.
    I forgive them for not paying attention to how they felt,
    so there was no way they could teach me how to pay attention to how I felt.
    I forgive them for not upholding the knowledge
    of the personal guidance system.
    I forgive them for everything that they did not understand about me.
    And it feels good in letting all of that go.

    6. The sixth step is:
    I forgive all of them from this new point of view.
    I forgive them for not only not seeing me as I am,
    but for not seeing themselves as they are either.
    I allow them, which is more than forgiving.
    I allow them to be whoever they are,
    even if who they are being is critical of me.
    For I accept that they cannot see me accurately
    from their point of view, and I no longer need alcohol or drugs
    to numb the discord that I felt when I saw
    that I could not achieve their approval.
    I am giving up my need for your approval in this step.
    And in giving up my need for your approval, I have set you free.
    But more important, I have set myself free.

    7. The seventh step in this second set of 12 steps is:
    Now that I am more sure of who I am, and now that I´m beginning
    to return to the eagerness of life that is innate within me,
    it is my promise to myself that even if I were to do something
    that formerly I thought was a mistake,
    that I´m determined that I will offer no self-condemnation, ever again.
    This may be the most important step of all.

    8.
    I acknowledge that the Source within me never gives up on me,
    and the only reason I ever feel bad is because I do.

    So in this step, I am pronouncing to the world
    that I am absolving myself of all guilt relative to action.
    And if I should - and it could happen - ever take a drink again,
    it is my promise to myself:
    I´m not going back through those first twelve steps.
    Because I am where I am, and because Source continues to adore me,
    and because there´s always downstream from wherever I am,
    and I don´t have to start over every time again.
    I know too much. I´ve come too far.

    9. The next step in the second set of 12 steps is
    sincere appreciation for the first 12 Steps,
    because they were there for me when I most needed them.

    I could not even begin to see this second set from where I was,
    and there they were, tangible and real, and they helped me.
    They don´t now, but they did then.
    They were bridges that were valuable,
    and I will feel eternal appreciation for their existence.

    10.
    I am appreciating everything that ever gave me grief,
    because from it was born clarity of desire.

    I´m not sorry for one thing that I ever lived through.
    I´m not even sorry for what I put you through,
    because in my dealing with the contrast of the life that I created,
    I´ve launched rockets of desire, and I can feel a brighter future
    that would not be there if it had not been for that.

    11. The 11th step is:
    I encourage no one to go through what I went through
    in order to get where I am. I acknowledge,
    it could have been easier for me.

    If I had been willing to pay attention to the way I feel,
    if I´d listened to my own guidance,
    if I´d been able to turn downstream earlier on,
    without being pinned into that corner of feeling not free,
    I could have turned into my alignment and my allowing
    without the help or the aid of the drugs.

    12. The last and final step is:
    I adore knowing that I am the creator of my own reality.
    And I take full credit -not responsibility- I take full credit
    for the amazing life that I am in the process of creating.
    I aspire to see myself through the eyes of Source.
    And I think all 24 steps are part of me being able to now do that.

    And now, I would like to announce to the world:
    I am healed, I am whole, I am free, I am love.
    And it might be only temporary, but if I ever slip from it,
    I know exactly what to do.

    Asheville, NC, on May 6, 2007.


    from the thread
    Abe about addictions, cravings and drugs

  10. #20
    WellBean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    On the beach :)
    Posts
    4,629
    Quote Originally Posted by paradise-on-earth View Post
    Leslie, WOOW once again. So profound, once more. EXACTLY!!!


    I haven't read the second 12 steps in a long time. Soooo good!! Worth printing out and putting on the mirror!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •