Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: What IS resistance?

Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    thank you Arteemide!

The reason for the pandemic

Almost all of you, as you stand in a place of not-alignment with Your Inner Being, while you’re doing that and not liking how you feel, you are wanting to blame somebody else for it.

And that is rampant on your planet today: Pushing against.
    Not liking what you’re living, and wanting to blame somebody else for it.

And we just want you to understand, that what that attitude of looking for the reason that you feel bad and assigning it to something that somebody else did, is the single most disempowering thing that you do as an individual or as a collective consciousness on your planet.

It is the reason for this pandemic.

Lack of power, lack of personal power. Standing and riving in conditions, relationships, financial situations that you don't wanna be in, and then

wanting to blame someone or something,
    and in doing so giving away all of your power,
    and then standing in your fear.

We understand every single reason why you are doing it. We get it, that there are things that are around, that when you look at them you just don't want. We get that. But you cannot get around being the creator of your own reality, and you cannot get around the fact - the absolute, law based, law of attraction fact, that YOU GET WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT.

And then, you push against anything. You are absolutely in that moment looking right at that what you don't want, and compounding it by blaming someone else. Who then feels defensive and blames someone else. In other words: Look at whats going on?

You might be able to step back far enough to find the humour in it. That here are all of you, who so much want your empowerment. You so much want your power back! And you fritter it away by being mad at others who think they are powerful, or who want to be powerful, or speak like they are powerful, or treat you as if you are not powerful. In other words, you just gotta give up this battle.

You just gotta give up the battle of “I want my power back and I'm going to fight someone for it”.

You will never get it back by demanding it from someone or by blaming someone else, who mistakenly believes that they have it! NOBODY HAS POWER OVER YOU, because nobody can think the thoughts that you are thinking.

People can behave in ways that cause you to look at them, and you can think about what they are doing and you can blame them for existing- because if they didn't exist you wouldn't be having this thought about them, but really, that’s not the way you wanna go.

You want them to exist. You just want power over your own thoughts you want to control the way you you feel- because you are a selective sifter. And you want to LOVE them, regardless of the choices they are making. You want to LOVE their right to choose, you want to LOVE their right to be different, You want to LOVE the fact that they exist.

You want to feel about them as your Inner Being feels, because they are not disempowering you!

-YOU are.

Abraham NOW 18th April

thank you Arteemide!

Fear of missing out,
    overwhelment and
    paralysis about decisions.

Fear of missing out is standing in a segment and focused upon what I don’t get to do,
    instead of upon what I do get to do. Fear of missing out: It isn’t even about what you are missing out on.

It is about the direction of your attention.

It’s that you have chosen to use this moment in time to make yourself feel bad about things that you are not doing, when there are all kind of things that you can do. You can have satisfaction in every moment of your life experience, if you care about having satisfaction. In other words,

fear of missing out is a choice that you are making.
    It’s using what you think that you can’t do as your reason to feel bad in this moment.

Now, if you stay there for a little while then the momentum of your direction of thought will become more. So, that then it just doesn’t feel like disappointment, which is more the emotion of fear of missing it out, but then it will turn into stronger more resisting feelings like being overwhelmed or even paralysis. It’s because your Inner Being is calling you never-endingly in the direction of what you are asking for, and when you turn in the opposition to that, you feel that discord. And the longer you do it, the stronger the discord is.

So how to guide oneself from there?
    If you will say to yourself instead, "well I’m missing out on that and I’m missing out on that…", instead just ask yourself "what’s something fun or interesting… fun or interesting, that I could turn my attention to, right now?"

Esther's been playing that game with herself. Because she is in one spot so much more of the time, than ever before. You maybe, too. And so the things that usually are on the buffet for her to choose from are more limited now. But there still are enough magnificent opportunities in this more limited environment, to keep her satisfied for this and 20 lifetimes! Really. We are not kidding!

It’s all about your focus. It’s all what you’ve decided to focus on.

So Esther plays games with herself.
    She thinks of fun things that she can do.
    She looks for different ways to approach things.
    She moves things around.
    She put the bananas in the draw, and then had a whole new insightful moment (referring to a previous story) about that. We know,

that may seem silly and may seem trivial and may seem not important to you, but it all is. It all is.

Its like when she moved from California to a desert of Arizona. It was a very different environment. So much less green. "Oh, I am missing out on the green! So much hotter. I am missing out on the cooler air. No ocean - I am missing out on the ocean." So she had a choice of being in the desert, which was very different from where she had been and just complaining on what she was missing out on- or she could begin to discover and enjoy the deliciousness of the desert.

The subtle beauty of the flowering cactus, the subtle beauty of the quail and the roadrunners, the subtle beauty of the dryer air. The subtle beauty of the magnificent sunset.
    <tells how Esther & Jerry used to take pictures every night of the sunsets>.

There was so much, that was magnificent about that place and you can’t be missing out on something, while you are focused upon something that is pleasing you.

Abraham NOW, April 2020

Pain

Illness or pain is just an extension of negative emotion.
    When you are no longer feeling any resistance to it, it’s a non-issue.

Excerpted from San Rafael, CA on 8/3/02

Could you Allow the Problem to not be there?

Guest:
    Well, you probably already know what I’m about to tell you, or at least something about it. And I’m really happy to say, after a lot of work and a lot of soul searching, I finally climbed the wall. And got to the point where it’s working, in a glorious way. And to do that, I had to make a major paradigm shift in my life and in my thinking. And I had to come here and tell you what that change of attitude was, because it was the crux of my problem.

Abe:
    Before you go further, do you think you climbed a wall?
    Or, do you think YOU JUST FIGURED OUT HOW TO LET THE WALL JUST NOT BE THERE? (laughter)

2-9-02

thank you pingan!

HS:
    Your teachings are so clear Abraham, and therefore should be easy to follow. Why then have I not been able to lower my resistance enough, to get the things I want that are in my vortex? Like a fabulous house and a huge amount of money. That's not so much to ask.

Abe:
    No, [laughs] its not too much to ask, its not so much to ask. But - the question: why have I not been able to lower my resistance -

think in terms of improving allowing, rather than lowering resistance.
    Think in terms of better and better feeling, rather than relief from not feeling so good.

Play with this! Watch yourself! We want to remind you: what is involved in an emotion within you moving or escalating or gathering momentum from feeling some interest to feeling passion? What's the difference? Well,

the difference is momentum.

Why the difference? Why the difference between a mild interest in something and something that is so powerful that you go to sleep, thinking about it and you wake up thinking about it and its what you want to think about and talk about. It calls you, calls you, calls you...What's the difference?

Well it's momentum, but why the momentum? -Why is there positive momentum toward something? Why is there more calling towards something? Why is there more allowing of something? Because there's less resistance of it. Now, stay there just for a minute. More allowing is less resistance.

So, what causes resistance? What causes resistance, or what slows momentum?
    -Looking in opposition to it.

So we want you to feel that you can do two things: you can focus more in the direction of wanted, which means you will be focused less in the direction of unwanted; and when you do that, there will be natural momentum, increasing in momentum, until there is a passion that you will feel for something. Feel how it is the same process. Feel how it is different ends of the same stick.

But play with it. Remember that the only thing that keeps you from accumulating or gaining momentum towards something wanted, so that, instead of feeling bored or even just satisfaction, content, mildly about it, you feel passion and eagerness about it,

is the direction of your thought.
    You are slowing your momentum down by thinking opposing thoughts about it.

AbrahamNow: May 02, 2020

Thank you Nicki!

You are not resistant,
    unless you are pushing against something.

AbrahamNow 2020

No matter how right you are-
    you don´t help as long you are pushing against!

Even in your rightness about a subject, when you try to push your rightness toward another who disagrees, no matter how right you are, it causes more pushing against.

In other words, it isn’t until you stop pushing that any real allowing of what you want can take place.

Excerpted from Boston, MA on 5/17/03

You never get it done, and you cannot get it wrong. Life is supposed to be fun: you are creator, you are a focusing mechanism, and you are here in an environment that is very conducive to that.

When you get hold of an idea, play it out for the pleasure in it.

If you are doing it for any other reason, then you are not connecting to your Source Energy.

Excerpted from Silver Springs, MD on 4/11/99

You don’t have to work at being in the high vibration that is natural to you, because- it is natural to you.

But you do have to stop holding the thoughts that cause you to lower your vibration. It’s a matter of no longer giving your attention to things that don’t allow your cork to float, or don’t allow you to vibrate in harmony with who you really are.

Excerpted from Silver Spring, MD on 4/19/97

Do you want to create more of what-is?

Many around you want to point out “reality” to you. They say, “Face the facts. Look at what-is.”

And we say to you, if you are able to see only what-is—then, by Law of Attraction, you will create only more of what-is…

You must be able to put your thoughts beyond what-is in order to attract something different, or something more.

Excerpted from The Law of Attraction, The Basics of the Teachings of Abraham on 7/1/06