Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 11 month vacation

11 month vacation

Well, I am just wrapping up my last day of my 11-month vacation. Around this time last year, I started making enough money through different sources that I was able to quit my job. Which I did.

In my 11-months, I got to live in a foreign country for 3 months. I got to explore much of where I live here in America. I got to spend a lot of time reading books that I probably never would have made the time to read. In all, it was a different experience & I'm glad that I manifested it.

However, while it was amazing, I think the thing that people aren't prepared for is the massive BOREDOM that you have when you aren't working. Even things like going to the beach, eating out at different restaurants, shopping at new stores, etc. become really boring for humans if you do them every day for 11 days, let alone 11 months....I don't remember how Abe put it, but there are many emotions that you get from work that you don't get from sitting on the couch all day. Things like the feelings of accomplishment & achievement & such (does someone have a quote from Abe on this, because I know that it was talked about)...Anyhow, I texted my boss tonight & told him that I'm coming in tomorrow morning & working, lol.

Either way, I'm really happy that I manifested such a long break from work. I really can't wrap my head around the fact that it was only 3 years ago that I started following Abe's teachings & decided that I wanted to manifest enough income that I could travel & not have to work...However, now I want to manifest winning the lotto so I can open my own business, since I want to have a job, but no boss. Hopefully, in 3 years or so, I'll be able to write about that manifestation.

Quote Originally Posted by RichKing View Post
    Well, I am just wrapping up my last day of my 11-month vacation. Around this time last year, I started making enough money through different sources that I was able to quit my job. Which I did.

In my 11-months, I got to live in a foreign country for 3 months. I got to explore much of where I live here in America. I got to spend a lot of time reading books that I probably never would have made the time to read. In all, it was a different experience & I'm glad that I manifested it.

However, while it was amazing, I think the thing that people aren't prepared for is the massive BOREDOM that you have when you aren't working. Even things like going to the beach, eating out at different restaurants, shopping at new stores, etc. become really boring for humans if you do them every day for 11 days, let alone 11 months....I don't remember how Abe put it, but there are many emotions that you get from work that you don't get from sitting on the couch all day. Things like the feelings of accomplishment & achievement & such (does someone have a quote from Abe on this, because I know that it was talked about)...Anyhow, I texted my boss tonight & told him that I'm coming in tomorrow morning & working, lol.

Either way, I'm really happy that I manifested such a long break from work. I really can't wrap my head around the fact that it was only 3 years ago that I started following Abe's teachings & decided that I wanted to manifest enough income that I could travel & not have to work...However, now I want to manifest winning the lotto so I can open my own business, since I want to have a job, but no boss. Hopefully, in 3 years or so, I'll be able to write about that manifestation.
    Your posts are always amazing and always inspiring.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa98 View Post
    Your posts are always amazing and always inspiring.
    Well, today was even more amazing. My job had several people that hadn't been showing up for health & family reasons so they really needed someone that could do their jobs since this is one of the busiest time of year for our business. The Universe totally put me in the right place at the right time.

Anyhow, my boss was asking me what my intentions were & how long I was going to stay with the company. I told him that I had no intentions of staying long. Anyhow, to make a long story short, I am receiving a $2,000 incentive to stay working there until the end of December. Yes, $2,000 on top of my salary (I get half of it when I finish this month & the other half when I finish December)!....and this is just my first day back to work, lol!

I've really been practicing deeper & deeper levels of "allowing" these past few weeks & now things are really flowing in. This is so great!

Well, today was even more amazing. My job had several people that hadn't been showing up for health & family reasons so they really needed someone that could do their jobs since this is one of the busiest time of year for our business. The Universe totally put me in the right place at the right time.

Anyhow, my boss was asking me what my intentions were & how long I was going to stay with the company. I told him that I had no intentions of staying long. Anyhow, to make a long story short, I am receiving a $2,000 incentive to stay working there until the end of December. Yes, $2,000 on top of my salary (I get half of it when I finish this month & the other half when I finish December)!....and this is just my first day back to work, lol!

I've really been practicing deeper & deeper levels of "allowing" these past few weeks & now things are really flowing in. This is so great!
    This is truly inspiring!!!

So, at work, I tend to take up other people's slack & for the past week I found myself doing other people's job. I really don't mind because I like to stay busy rather than watching the clock slowly tick away the entire day.

Either way, a thought popped in my head that "I'm really a valuable asset to this company because I treat it as my own". So, I thought to myself "I should go ask for a raise".

So, I calmly & confidently walked into my bosses office & said "I don't mind picking up other people's slack, but I want a raise because I'm a valuable asset to this company". He nodded & said "yeah, I see you picking up the slack" and then he gave me a $360/month raise. That's an extra $4,300/year if I choose to stay....and that's on top of my bonuses.

However it didn't end there. He talked about me getting trained to replace the people that I'm taking up slack for (since I do most of their jobs anyhow) & then I can make an extra $10,000 to $13,500/year if I stay with this company. It just keeps getting better & better.

So, at work, I tend to take up other people's slack & for the past week I found myself doing other people's job. I really don't mind because I like to stay busy rather than watching the clock slowly tick away the entire day.

Either way, a thought popped in my head that "I'm really a valuable asset to this company because I treat it as my own". So, I thought to myself "I should go ask for a raise".

So, I calmly & confidently walked into my bosses office & said "I don't mind picking up other people's slack, but I want a raise because I'm a valuable asset to this company". He nodded & said "yeah, I see you picking up the slack" and then he gave me a $360/month raise. That's an extra $4,300/year if I choose to stay....and that's on top of my bonuses.

However it didn't end there. He talked about me getting trained to replace the people that I'm taking up slack for (since I do most of their jobs anyhow) & then I can make an extra $10,000 to $13,500/year if I stay with this company. It just keeps getting better & better.
    you are so awesome to allow this into your life; such a good company that actually values a good employee

Congratulations, RK! You have asked and it has been given! Thanks for sharing!

It just got better. One of the women that I work with got cancer, so she won't be coming back to work. Sad news.

However, I got her position....and the pay is $16,500/year more than what I made there in the past. I still have some training to do, but I'm quite happy that my salary just went up $16,500 a year because I was in the right place at the right time!!!

It just got better. One of the women that I work with got cancer, so she won't be coming back to work. Sad news.

However, I got her position....and the pay is $16,500/year more than what I made there in the past. I still have some training to do, but I'm quite happy that my salary just went up $16,500 a year because I was in the right place at the right time!!!
    Amazing !

I still have some training to do, but I'm quite happy that my salary just went up $16,500 a year because I was in the right place at the right time!!!

yes, right place at the right time for your rendezvous with the opening