Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: the idea that if you are fair, world will be fair to you.

  1. #11
    Super Kitty Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tempe, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    9,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelec3 View Post
    I am thinking about why bad people get what they want and do things to you to hurt you and get away with it.
    That's because people sometimes think that LOA should behave like Santa Claus and make a list of naughty and nice people and give toys to the nice ones and lumps of coal to the naughty ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelec3 View Post
    I found this quote:
    the idea that if you are fair, world will be fair to you.

    That has not happened. I have been fair to the world as far as I remember and I am in a place I do not want to be right now.
    Exactly, because LOA isn't Santa Claus. Things simply don't work the way people would like it to work. There is no one parceling out good things to "nice" and "fair" people and lumps of coal to "bad" or "mean" people, just like there's no one saying that gravity should only make bad people fall and hurt themselves while letting nice people off the hook. Things simply don't work that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelec3 View Post
    I do the writing, the meditation, the thinking good thoughts. Not seeing it.
    That's because it's not about "good" thoughts, because there are no "good" thoughts or "bad" thoughts. There are thoughts that FEEL better and FEEL worse, and often times thoughts that feel BETTER aren't what others might describe as "good" thoughts. The reason you're not seeing results from "the writing, the meditation, the thinking good thoughts" is because you're trying to jump all the way to what you think are "good" thoughts, but they don't actually feel any better. Rather, you still feel the way you're used to feeling about where you are, and because you feel like you're "in a place you don't want to be right now," things aren't improving. You've got to find ways to actually feel better about where you are. As I mentioned in your first thread here on the Forum, if you're used to feeling fear, thoughts of anger and revenge will probably feel BETTER, even if they're not what others might describe as "good" thoughts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelec3 View Post
    When you think things to others that you want to happen or that would make you feel good, whether "good" or "bad" what happens? While my feeling good about it make it happen? And how to I out-vortex those who are doing to others - hurting others deliberately and nothing happens to them?
    How's your reading of AAIIG going? That book does an excellent job of addressing the sorts of practical questions you're asking here.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Abraham used to tell the story of how Jerry and Esther had the GPS system on their monster bus, which allowed them to program in where they wanted to go and the system would give them moment by moment instructions on how to get there. It's aware of where they are and knows the route to where they want to go. If Jerry & Esther turned the wrong way or were headed in the opposite direction, the system would never blame them and tell them that they should have turned the other way an hour ago. It's always telling them where to go from wherever they are, regardless of why or how they got there.

    Your IB and your emotional guidance is always like that. It's always standing right in the vibrational place of where you want and telling you to come in its direction. That's not because it's judging you or condemning you, but like the GPS system, it's guiding you to what you've told it you want. Nevertheless, while it will always point the way, you're always free to go in whatever direction you choose.
    It make sense: the GPS story but is the only way to go about it to make sure we get the wanted in our Vortex (to refine my focus now): is to focus on better feeling thoughts, or things that makes you feel better, even if it includes focus on desires? Sometimes being fair feels good, other times being fair does not feel good. I will be fair when I feel like it, I am at a better place, in relation to this idea now.

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Welcome back to the Forum, Michelec3!

    Moderator's note: Because your question is a continuation of this discussion and because the answers provided above already address some of your question, I've merged your thread into the existing one.



    Marc points out that, with these teachings, it always comes down to the vibration that we're offering. If we're "being fair" as a form of protection because we actually believe that the world isn't fair so our "being fair" is a sort of pre-emptive bargain that we're striking with "the world," that's one vibration. In that example, that vibration could be located at Fear/.../Powerlessness on Abraham's Guidance Scale and we would feel those emotions. If, OTOH, we're "being fair" because we are confident (because we have practiced ourselves into that belief and we have allowed manifestations which match that belief) that the world is a fair place, that's another, different vibration--perhaps Optimism on Abraham's Emotional Guidance Scale and, in turn, we would feel this emotion. Whichever vibration we're offering, the LoA is going to bring to us manifestations which match the vibration that we're offering.
    I'm glad I read this part, what I want to ask about, to me the idea (different than other poster) is that "I have to be fair and I expect the world to be fair". There is good expectations/belief behind it but it does not work out all the time, not because someone tries to hurt me (no one can) but it feels burdensome to hold such expectations, if it is a flaw premises, I would say it is good to be fair sometimes, there is no need to be fair all the time, relax and take it easy. Thanks WB

  4. #14
    Super Kitty Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tempe, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    9,496
    Quote Originally Posted by practicebyignoring View Post
    It make sense: the GPS story but is the only way to go about it to make sure we get the wanted in our Vortex (to refine my focus now): is to focus on better feeling thoughts, or things that makes you feel better, even if it includes focus on desires?
    Just like the only way to get to wherever you're driving is to point in the direction of where you want to go and physically move forward, to get to what's in your Vortex, you need to point (emotionally) toward alignment and move in that direction EMOTIONALLY, which always feels BETTER.
    Quote Originally Posted by practicebyignoring View Post
    Sometimes being fair feels good, other times being fair does not feel good. I will be fair when I feel like it, I am at a better place, in relation to this idea now.
    It's absolutely the case that paying attention to how you feel before you take action is a good idea. It's also only a much smaller piece of how you COULD take advantage of this. Instead of simply reacting emotionally to what's going on around you and then acting accordingly, why not actually practice feeling better so that you stop rendezvousing with people and situations that don't feel good? After all, what's more fair than being in control of how you feel and choosing to feel the way you want and practicing that feeling?
    Quote Originally Posted by practicebyignoring View Post
    I'm glad I read this part, what I want to ask about, to me the idea (different than other poster) is that "I have to be fair and I expect the world to be fair". There is good expectations/belief behind it but it does not work out all the time, not because someone tries to hurt me (no one can) but it feels burdensome to hold such expectations, if it is a flaw premises, I would say it is good to be fair sometimes, there is no need to be fair all the time, relax and take it easy.
    Again, LOA is responding to the way you feel, rather than whether you're being "fair" or "nice" or any of all that. So focusing on whether you're "being fair" rather than getting to the root of things and making it about finding ways to feel better more consistently really distracts you from what really counts.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Instead of simply reacting emotionally to what's going on around you and then acting accordingly, why not actually practice feeling better so that you stop rendezvousing with people and situations that don't feel good? After all, what's more fair than being in control of how you feel and choosing to feel the way you want and practicing that feeling?
    This part: is exactly what I want to learn, what I do most of the time, I always find best feeling thoughts (I was not doing that, when I wrote the thread, I was distracted as you mentioned) but how will that grant me "control" over situations?

  6. #16
    Super Kitty Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tempe, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    9,496
    Quote Originally Posted by practicebyignoring View Post
    This part: is exactly what I want to learn, what I do most of the time, I always find best feeling thoughts (I was not doing that, when I wrote the thread, I was distracted as you mentioned) but how will that grant me "control" over situations?
    Let's start in a slightly different place: What do you think LOA is? What do you believe it does?

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Let's start in a slightly different place: What do you think LOA is? What do you believe it does?
    LOA to me is common sense, not to analyzed nor calculated life & its situations. Whatever feels better to you, you should think or do more of it, bits by bits. Whatever feels worst to you, you should stop now, now, now. You won't make major life decisions; if you are at things like anger or revenge, like inflict harm or hurt another, etc. You simply calm yourself & relax for a while & engage your mind; into focus on what makes you feel better until it pass by you.
    Now, I like your question because it shows a major flaw in my understanding of the guidelines. The part of "What do you think it does?" is what seems to trouble me the most. It is easy for me to live a life, where I only do what I like, think about what I like, stick to it, as long as possible BUT does it yield physical manifestation into reality, whether it is a material or a relationship?
    It does bring great mental aspects to one's life, manifest a peaceful & stable life but physical manifestation (material or relationships)?
    That itself happens into my reality (I did talk a lot about what I manifest into reality, so I am not here to complain that I do not manifest) but not necessarily as expected (I know I am wrong & I will sooth this but sometimes it feels: it was not vibrational work but physical work that made it come into reality). Logically: I disagree but I do not know why the idea resonate, I searched in my head for thoughts similar to it but the only one came to mind is above thought/title of my thread.
    That is when I usually become stuck between positive expectations/belief and happiness.
    A part of me belief in LOA but sometimes also contribute it to physical means.
    Another part of me does not really care how it happened.
    I am simply happy with it and was also happy without it.
    I am not trying to fool anyone about my current vibrations, I do feel happy but sometimes I feel I fall back to positive belief or expectations due to my limited understand & belief about LOA.

  8. #18
    Super Kitty Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tempe, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    9,496
    Quote Originally Posted by practicebyignoring View Post
    LOA to me is common sense, not to analyzed nor calculated life & its situations.

    I am not trying to fool anyone about my current vibrations, I do feel happy but sometimes I feel I fall back to positive belief or expectations due to my limited understand & belief about LOA.
    I'm not trying to criticize you in any way, but I think you're right -- a big chunk of why a lot of what we're trying to explain to you about how LOA works doesn't make sense to you is because you're missing a lot of the basics. LOA is a lot more than common sense, it's a very particular operation of how things work. LOA says, "That which is like onto itself is drawn," and there's a fundamental way that it works. Namely, what you think, how you feel and what manifests is ALWAYS a perfect match. So if you're focused in a subject and you feel a certain way, you can be sure that you're going to get an outcome that matches the way you feel. That's why you have control over your experience when you are able to change the way you feel. If how you feel about a topic improves, the manifestation has to improve too.

    I really recommend that you read AAIIG and/or The Law of Attraction, as Abraham really spells out the details of how things work. With that framework, what we're talking about will make a lot more sense.

  9. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    I'm not trying to criticize you in any way, but I think you're right -- a big chunk of why a lot of what we're trying to explain to you about how LOA works doesn't make sense to you is because you're missing a lot of the basics. LOA is a lot more than common sense, it's a very particular operation of how things work. LOA says, "That which is like onto itself is drawn," and there's a fundamental way that it works. Namely, what you think, how you feel and what manifests is ALWAYS a perfect match. So if you're focused in a subject and you feel a certain way, you can be sure that you're going to get an outcome that matches the way you feel. That's why you have control over your experience when you are able to change the way you feel. If how you feel about a topic improves, the manifestation has to improve too.

    I really recommend that you read AAIIG and/or The Law of Attraction, as Abraham really spells out the details of how things work. With that framework, what we're talking about will make a lot more sense.
    No worries but I think what I explained, as in feel better always, is the way to go about, to manifest a reality of my desired state.
    In my humble world, common sense is everything so I understand if you would say it is more. I do believe LOA is a Universal Law that always reflect how you feel inside.
    I do not deny what you say at all but some ideas I still work on sooth due to habit they are not easy to kick & I revert back to the book (I have read it and still continue to go about it every now and then) but it is only a matter of bring myself to belief in some things that do not resonate with me yet or more like give up on those beliefs that never served me and have some gut to see the outcome (from clinging to them all the time). I am at that stage where I re-build my belief/expectations system, I do feel I will be successful thought because it feels I grasp it little by little over time.
    Coming from a background of work hard and suck it up, sometimes I fall back into old patterns and I must remind myself I decided to adopt LOA philosophy in life.
    It still feels like speaking and listening to a new language, I never cared about how I feel nor did I ever view emotions as guidance at all (I ONLY say that to show it is just going back to old programming).
    I think I won't ask as much anymore, most of my question appears to be, coming from my old programming, few days relaxation could bring some clarity.

  10. #20
    Beloved Woman paradise-on-earth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Elfengarten, Germany
    Posts
    68,390
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    LOA is a lot more than common sense, it's a very particular operation of how things work. LOA says, "That which is like onto itself is drawn," and there's a fundamental way that it works.
    So agreed. LoA is no human "common sense" in any way.
    Instead, itīs absolute.
    Itīs THE law.

    And that is SO MUCH LESS than human sense, itīs the total minimalism, so to speak.
    You get back, what you put out. End of story.

    But the story wants to be understood- and so it makes sense to explain that you get back in the condensed sense of ESSENCE, that unfolds into what makes sense to YOU, here and now- because YOU are the translator of what comes to you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •