Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: the idea that if you are fair, world will be fair to you.

  1. #1

    the idea that if you are fair, world will be fair to you.

    From an objective point, I am someone who hold this idea "if you are nice to people, they will be nice to you" and "if you are fair to people, people will be fair to you". The latter is my real issue. Lately, I have been manifesting this "idea" a lot into my reality, where I feel I do not know how to deal with it. I overall feel happy but it feels that this idea a bad idea, I need to get rid of, in order to maintain my happiness. It is good for someone to have some good expectations about the world, but if it does not serve you, you would think to modify it.
    It might sound like a silly question but from my perspective, that is what appears like common sense. How should I modify this idea?
    I know Abraham view on morals but I do not know, what to do with this idea, I need to replace it with another idea, maybe that would be good idea but I do not grasp it.
    I feel LOA keeps manifest of situations to bring this idea to my attention over & over & I cannot seem to gain any clarity on how to deal with.
    Should I simply bring a new belief / expectation saying "okay I will just hurt someone, then they will be nice to me" as my way to deal with idea?
    I mean it is stuck there in my head and it can serve me at time but generally I feel it brings me down and I dislike to feel this way because I like my happiness.
    This idea generally irritate me.

  2. #2
    Super Kitty Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tempe, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    9,497
    Quote Originally Posted by practicebyignoring View Post
    From an objective point, I am someone who hold this idea "if you are nice to people, they will be nice to you" and "if you are fair to people, people will be fair to you". The latter is my real issue. Lately, I have been manifesting this "idea" a lot into my reality, where I feel I do not know how to deal with it.
    It's a common idea, but as I'm sure you're aware, it doesn't work. I believe that's what you mean when you say, "The latter is my real issue." That's because LOA isn't responding to your words or even your actions, it's responding to the way you FEEL. If someone is feeling powerless, for example, it doesn't matter how nice or fair they are, LOA is responding to their feeling of powerlessness and has to give them manifestations that affirm their powerlessness. For them to have an improved experience, they need to find ways to feel better. In contrast, if you're being nice or fair because you FEEL GOOD/CONTENT/HOPEFUL/EMPOWERED/JOYFUL, that's another story because LOA is responding to your feeling place, not because you're trying to control how other people respond.
    Quote Originally Posted by practicebyignoring View Post
    It might sound like a silly question but from my perspective, that is what appears like common sense. How should I modify this idea?
    I know Abraham view on morals but I do not know, what to do with this idea, I need to replace it with another idea, maybe that would be good idea but I do not grasp it.
    It's very basic -- I'll be responsible for the way I feel and I'll let others be responsible for the way they feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by practicebyignoring View Post
    Should I simply bring a new belief / expectation saying "okay I will just hurt someone, then they will be nice to me" as my way to deal with idea?
    Is it likely that when you're in a vibrational place where you're actively trying to hurt someone that you're going to be a match to them being nice to you? Probably not. If, however, you'll feel better regardless of the conditions, LOA will respond to the improvement in the way you feel.

  3. #3
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,192
    Quote Originally Posted by practicebyignoring View Post
    How should I modify this idea?
    You look for and find thoughts which feel better to you than this idea. Then you practice those new, better-feeling thoughts in place of your idea which irritates you.

    Quote Originally Posted by practicebyignoring View Post
    Should I simply bring a new belief / expectation saying "okay I will just hurt someone, then they will be nice to me" as my way to deal with idea?
    You cannot “hurt” anyone other than yourself. You can only “hurt” you because you are the only one who creates your negative emotions, which is what “hurt” is. The idea that you can hurt any other is vibrational inaccurate, a Flawed Premise. Abraham have written a whole book about Flawed Premises such as these in The Vortex . You should read it, since it's all about relationships and that's a topic of recent interest for you.

    Your thought of "okay I will just hurt someone, then they will be nice to me" might feel like relief to you right now and that's also beneficial. But this new thought isn't going to feel any form of “good” to you because your IB doesn't agree with that statement.

    When you read The Vortex, you'll see that your whole OP is based on the Flawed Premise that “I need you to be different so that I can feel better.” Sure, most everyone on this planet conducts their relationships from that Flawed Premise, but Abraham teach us that we CAN feel better whether someone is “nice” (or whatever) to us. That's a good thing that Abraham teach us that because, as you're saying here in your thread, you have very little control over what “they” do or say it be and there is no universal definition of “nice” upon which the whole world agrees.

    Quote Originally Posted by practicebyignoring View Post
    This idea generally irritate me.
    Irritation is on the Scale, so you know your Irritation is your emotional guidance. Use your emotional guidance to feel your way to your better-feeling thought.


    Quote Originally Posted by practicebyignoring View Post
    From an objective point, I am someone who hold this idea "if you are nice to people, they will be nice to you" and "if you are fair to people, people will be fair to you". The latter is my real issue. Lately, I have been manifesting this "idea" a lot into my reality, where I feel I do not know how to deal with it. I overall feel happy but it feels that this idea a bad idea, I need to get rid of, in order to maintain my happiness. It is good for someone to have some good expectations about the world, but if it does not serve you, you would think to modify it.
    It might sound like a silly question but from my perspective, that is what appears like common sense. How should I modify this idea?
    I know Abraham view on morals but I do not know, what to do with this idea, I need to replace it with another idea, maybe that would be good idea but I do not grasp it.
    I feel LOA keeps manifest of situations to bring this idea to my attention over & over & I cannot seem to gain any clarity on how to deal with.
    Should I simply bring a new belief / expectation saying "okay I will just hurt someone, then they will be nice to me" as my way to deal with idea?
    I mean it is stuck there in my head and it can serve me at time but generally I feel it brings me down and I dislike to feel this way because I like my happiness.
    This idea generally irritate me.

  4. #4
    I think I have a better understand now, because this idea of "hurt", does not seem to resonate with IB. IB say you are hurting or damaging yourself in the process by creating more of this situation into your reality.
    I need to stop thoughts about this idea, it seems to manifest into my reality, although it is easy to sooth it, since I do not care about another's behavior, I simply think it is like a common sense idea, I think about it alot, you are right it is flaw premises but I need to convince myself it is.
    I know the Vortex book and look at it every now and then but it sometimes I find it difficult for me at least to understand the lesson.

  5. #5
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,192
    Quote Originally Posted by practicebyignoring View Post
    I think I have a better understand now, because this idea of "hurt", does not seem to resonate with IB. IB say you are hurting or damaging yourself in the process by creating more of this situation into your reality.
    Really, what your IB is saying, "You are hurting yourself by pulling yourself away from Us [your IB]. You will feel better if you come over here and see things the way we see things, even as you are living this situation in your reality." Your IB doesn't really care whether you create more of this situation or if you create another different situation, because you came to create. Everything that you create is wonderful, as far as your IB is concerned, in much the same way that every drawing a young child draws is beautiful to the child's loving mother.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    Really, what your IB is saying, "You are hurting yourself by pulling yourself away from Us [your IB]. You will feel better if you come over here and see things the way we see things, even as you are living this situation in your reality." Your IB doesn't really care whether you create more of this situation or if you create another different situation, because you came to create. Everything that you create is wonderful, as far as your IB is concerned, in much the same way that every drawing a young child draws is beautiful to the child's loving mother.
    How is that possible, that IB does not care, what I do create? I mean, they can somehow tell me it is fine you create what you create but they still alert me when what I create does not meet the requirements in my vortex?

  7. #7
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,192
    Quote Originally Posted by practicebyignoring View Post
    How is that possible, that IB does not care, what I do create? I mean, they can somehow tell me it is fine you create what you create but they still alert me when what I create does not meet the requirements in my vortex?
    Every particle of this universe is a mixture of wanted (by you) aspects and unwanted (by you) aspects. Your IB ALWAYS focuses on your wanted aspects of every thing that you focus upon. Your IB will not focus on any unwanted (by you) aspects of anything. Therefore, as far as your IB is concerned, every thing that you're experiencing is wonderful.

    Furthermore, your Vortex is not a list of "requirements" that "thou must meet." There's nothing like that going on at all. Even your IB doesn't insist that "thou must" think the same thoughts as it does. Your IB understands the perfection of your freedom to think different thoughts from your IB. Your IB isn't making that clucking noise when you manifest something that's different from the contents of your Vortex. Your IB never condemns you or is never disappointed in you because you have allowed something which is different from what you'd put in your Vortex. Instead, your IB is thrilled with your newborn preferences. Your IB rides your RoDs, expanding and becoming more, updating the contents of your Vortex in the process. You cannot "meet the requirements in your Vortex," because those contents (better word) are always changing, always becoming more.

    And, lastly, your IB doesn't care whether you allow the contents to flow from your Vortex into your experience now or later because your IB knows that you WILL allow the contents to flow into your experience eventually. There's no iffy-ness. It's inevitable. When that inevitable thing happens (when you croak) doesn't matter to the larger, wiser, eternal part of You--your IB.

  8. #8
    Super Kitty Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tempe, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    9,497
    Quote Originally Posted by practicebyignoring View Post
    How is that possible, that IB does not care, what I do create? I mean, they can somehow tell me it is fine you create what you create but they still alert me when what I create does not meet the requirements in my vortex?
    Abraham used to tell the story of how Jerry and Esther had the GPS system on their monster bus, which allowed them to program in where they wanted to go and the system would give them moment by moment instructions on how to get there. It's aware of where they are and knows the route to where they want to go. If Jerry & Esther turned the wrong way or were headed in the opposite direction, the system would never blame them and tell them that they should have turned the other way an hour ago. It's always telling them where to go from wherever they are, regardless of why or how they got there.

    Your IB and your emotional guidance is always like that. It's always standing right in the vibrational place of where you want and telling you to come in its direction. That's not because it's judging you or condemning you, but like the GPS system, it's guiding you to what you've told it you want. Nevertheless, while it will always point the way, you're always free to go in whatever direction you choose.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    14

    when bad people get what they want

    I am thinking about why bad people get what they want and do things to you to hurt you and get away with it.
    I found this quote:
    the idea that if you are fair, world will be fair to you.

    That has not happened. I have been fair to the world as far as I remember and I am in a place I do not want to be right now. I do the writing, the meditation, the thinking good thoughts. Not seeing it.

    When you think things to others that you want to happen or that would make you feel good, whether "good" or "bad" what happens? While my feeling good about it make it happen? And how to I out-vortex those who are doing to others - hurting others deliberately and nothing happens to them?

  10. #10
    Super Moderator WellBeing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    15,192
    Welcome back to the Forum, Michelec3!

    Moderator's note: Because your question is a continuation of this discussion and because the answers provided above already address some of your question, I've merged your thread into the existing one.


    Quote Originally Posted by Michelec3 View Post
    I am thinking about why bad people get what they want and do things to you to hurt you and get away with it.
    I found this quote:
    the idea that if you are fair, world will be fair to you.

    That has not happened. I have been fair to the world as far as I remember and I am in a place I do not want to be right now. I do the writing, the meditation, the thinking good thoughts. Not seeing it.
    Marc points out that, with these teachings, it always comes down to the vibration that we're offering. If we're "being fair" as a form of protection because we actually believe that the world isn't fair so our "being fair" is a sort of pre-emptive bargain that we're striking with "the world," that's one vibration. In that example, that vibration could be located at Fear/.../Powerlessness on Abraham's Guidance Scale and we would feel those emotions. If, OTOH, we're "being fair" because we are confident (because we have practiced ourselves into that belief and we have allowed manifestations which match that belief) that the world is a fair place, that's another, different vibration--perhaps Optimism on Abraham's Emotional Guidance Scale and, in turn, we would feel this emotion. Whichever vibration we're offering, the LoA is going to bring to us manifestations which match the vibration that we're offering.

    Because you're "not seeing it," meaning that your manifestations match something other than this idea, we can know that you've been offering a vibration which is very different from what you want those words to convey. Abraham remind us that the LoA doesn't speak English. The LoA doesn't hear your "good" words or read your writing. The LoA responds to your vibration, which you can know about using your emotions. "The writing," the Processes, are simply tools to help us create "better" feelings (which is different from "good thoughts).

    I was personally bemused when this thread was opened this morning because, to my way of thinking, a universe organized by the LoA cannot be fairer. A universe where everyone has the freedom to vibrate as he or she sees fit, a universe where everyone has an emotional guidance system to telling them towards which they are vibrating (their personal wanted or unwanted), a universe where everyone innately understands that emotional guidance system because we are hard-wired to recognize that feeling worse feels worse and feeling better feels better, a universe which is organized by a Law which brings together vibrations which match, a universe where this Law of Attraction works constantly, equally, and impartially for everyone, a universe where every person can use the basic principles that I've just listed to create their own reality--what could be "fairer" than that?

    Quote Originally Posted by Michelec3 View Post
    When you think things to others that you want to happen or that would make you feel good, whether "good" or "bad" what happens? While my feeling good about it make it happen? And how to I out-vortex those who are doing to others - hurting others deliberately and nothing happens to them?
    I mentioned Abraham's Emotional Guidance Scale above. Drag out your copy of the Scale, as we walk through this next part.

    We talked about Fear/.../Powerlessness, which is a likely set of emotions that someone would feel if that someone were telling themselves a story where there are "others - hurting others deliberately," others which that someone would need to out-vortex in order to be safe or protected. Locate Fear/.../Powerlessness on the Scale.]

    Look a few entries up the Scale from Fear/.../Powerlessness. You'll find Revenge, which is the vibration where we find relief (or delight) in something happening to them. That's why Revenge is placed above Fear/.../Powerlessness on the Scale. So, looking for or thinking about something happening to them is a beneficial vibrational shift (and you can know that from the relief that you feel as you think about that).

    However, there's still more vibrational journey up the Scale in store for that someone before they can claim vortex-ness. We make our vibrational journeys by using your emotional guidance system to find thoughts which still seem true to us yet which feel better than the thoughts that we're thinking (about our manifestations, about our "others", about everything). As we do that, we practice ourselves into new, better-feeling vibrations. As we do that, our manifestations change to match our new, better-feeling vibrations.

    So, if you're "not seeing it," I would recommend that you check in with your emotional guidance system. I can't tell you for sure what you're feeling but it seems to me that you're feeling pretty much the same as you were when you last posted here. It's all right that you are feeling whatever you're feeling. But if you're feeling pretty much the same as you were when you last posted here, your own emotional guidance system is telling you that you haven't shifted your vibration (in spite of your writing, your meditation, your thinking good thoughts) in the way that you had intended. And your manifestations are showing you that as well.

    So, perhaps a more helpful conversation for you to be having with us is to bring a small, light, fresh topic of interest--one that you'd feel comfortable writing about in public--to us here on the Forum and start to do your vibrational "work" on that small, light, fresh topic here. (You can open a fresh thread of your own for your "work" in the Practicing the Teachings sub-forum.) When you do that, you can attract more experienced Abers who can share with you their pointers and tips so that you can become more effective in feeling better.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •