Thread: I don't want to think about the money but I need money.

I don't want to think about the money but I need money.

I'm currently in an amazing place with my inner being right now and have made some amazing progress since first being introduced to these teachings. I've moved into a wonderful dream apartment, just came back from a life changing trip in Italy, and have been feeling far more aligned than I have in a very long time. I don't have however a consistent, reliable source of income at the moment and am feeling very resistant about working, looking for work or even thinking about doing anything to make money in general. What is lighting me up right now and do more of the vibrational work and really aligning with the me that feels good to me, decorating my new apartment(<<this has been so much fun), meeting new friends and enjoy the old ones and meditating. Apart of me trust that I will be taken care of like I always have been(even when I wasn't working) and that I can just relax and do what I'm enjoying but then bill collectors call or I think about something I need more money to do and I'm frustrated about money again. I want to just forget about money and peacefully and joyfully enjoy all the good that I've aligned with but I'm not sure how to do that when the reality is I still have responsibilities to tend to. Can I soothe the thoughts around money without having to focus on the money?

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBri View Post
    Can I soothe the thoughts around money without having to focus on the money?
    You tell us. Can you? (That's an honest question.)

Quote Originally Posted by WellBeing View Post
    You tell us. Can you? (That's an honest question.)
    I've been trying to start with where I am and just soothe a little but I feel so much resistance around the subject that I usually don't try very long. I'll be completely in the vortex around another subject and focusing on this with so much resistance is no fun.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBri View Post
    I've been trying to start with where I am and just soothe a little but I feel so much resistance around the subject that I usually don't try very long. I'll be completely in the vortex around another subject and focusing on this with so much resistance is no fun.
    So, if your question is "In terms of the fundamentals of these teachings, if I have 10 subjects of importance to me and 9 are going well but I have this 1 subject which isn't going so well, can I withdraw my attention from this 1 subject which isn't going so well and focus exclusively on the other 9 which are going well?", the answer is "Yes, you have the potential to withdraw your attention from any issue that is problematic for you." It takes some focus and some practice, but you have the potential to be able to do that.

If your follow-on question is "In terms of the fundamentals of these teachings, if I am able to withdraw my focus from my 1 not-so-well topic so that I focus exclusively on my 9 'well' topics, what would that do my vibration?," then the answer would be "If you are able to do that, which means that you will be giving all (or most) of your vibrational air-time to your well topics then, because of that air-time, your PoA would be 'well,' which means that the LoA has to bring to you more which matches your vibration of 'well,' including eventually your not-so-well topic."

But then me being the practical sort that I am would then start to pose questions to you. You noticed that I put a bunch of hedge clauses in my answers to you. Yes, in terms of the fundamentals of these teachings, my answers to you are accurate. However, in practical terms, particularly on the topic of money, which is woven like a thread through almost every other topic of our lives, most of us humans trip over manifestations which reflect our vibration about money many, many times every day. So, whilst what you're asking is possible, according to the fundamentals of these teachings, in practical terms, what you're asking is really, really hard for most people to do. And our vibration is where we last left it. So, when we trip over manifestations which reflect our vibration about money, we're going to be activating our old vibration, which means that we are then offering more air-time of not-so-well vibration and less air-time of well vibration, interfering with the approach that you're wanting to take.

Furthermore, this approach asks of us something we've sort of trained ourselves out of doing. This approach asks us to withdraw our attention away from a topic which is important to us. Most of us want to "dig in" to topics of importance to us, even when they are going well for us. So, our own habits tend to get in our ways with this approach. It's for these reasons (and others) that Abraham suggested different approaches to us in MLOA. (You can guess my suggestion to re-read that book.)

When people talk to us about "don't try very long," one of two things typically are going on. One, they're doing their "work" in order to get their stuff. When they don't see the stuff coming in (or they don't see their path to their stuff through their "work"), they stop "trying." The other thing that's typically going on is that they ARE doing their "work" to truly feel better, but they're reaching further than the LoA will allow them to reach. When this is going on, they don't accomplish the relief that they're wanting and, because they are struggling against the LoA (and their own momentum), their "work" feels like "trying," rather than the Allowing of Step 3.

I feel I can go a day or two without thinking about money because thankfully I currently have everything I need but obviously I will eventually need to pay for something. I also get taken out of the vortex when receiving calls fro bill collectors and that has been the thing that brings up thoughts around money. When I say I've been trying I mean I will start thinking better thoughts just enough to get back to enjoy what ever thing I was doing before in the vortex. So I'll spend a few seconds on it before I want to hurry up and do what feels good again because focus on the money even if it feels slightly better still doesn't feel GOOD. I'm enjoying this place I am right now of feeling good and I know the more I focus here the more good will come. So I go back in fourth with wanting to enjoy my good feeling but knowing I really need to clean up my vibe around money(even though that doesn't currently feel good).

So, we're back to my initial reply to you.